Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starfist
    replied
    I finally got to see the last two episodes yesterday.
    Although they closed a lot of plot threads, I felt the finale had a 'rushed' feel about it.

I enjoyed the episodes. And I even laughed when little Zoe Shannon gave the Commander a Hug.
    Here's hoping someone picks it up for a second season.

Leave a comment:

• Angela V
    replied
    My son wanted battles, sixers but overall like it. My daughter was ticked off that Wash has been killed off. She likes her butt kicking females!

I so hope this continues. Really want to know about what's in the Badlands.

Leave a comment:

• YutheGreat
    replied
    I love this epi. Lucas Taylor is a creepy SOB that I hope someone puts him out of my misery but for the good of the show he's still needed.

Tomstone are you saying Karra is somehow in league with sixers? I agree Karra should have been allowed to live. As a possible future storyline for Josh if nothing else. Give Skye some competition. I know I don't have a lot of support for this one but hey its okay. Bringing her back now would be hard to believe but a painful hit to Sky with her massive crush on Josh. I doubt it... then again why did Karra came through alone? Don't Pilgrims go through in family's of four. With what happen to Mira I think its just possible the bad guys kept her family as hostage.

Speaking of Mira a lot of feel sorry for her but as Taylor said you don't want to be on the wrong side of this. The truth is I don't think her daughter is alive. I think Mira's daughter is dead the moment she stepped through the portal. THink about it. Mira was promised to reunite with her daughter after they'd secure Terra Nova by then the Phoenix group would be marching through the streets why pay her? If they were sure Lucas' plan was gonna Why didn't they just send the Phoenix Group early give Taylor a real fight? They didn't send the phoenix group they sent Mira. Mira is by her own admission is a criminal I'd lay bet that all the sixers have simillar criminal records taking from places like Golag and promised to be freed in exchange for helping Lucas. The men they work for consider the sixers as expendable pocket change cheap and easily discarded or more likely as cheap labor to mine the meteoric ore.

I have some questions:

Why stop the entire 11th pilgrimage. Tactically it was a smart move so the Phoenix group wouldn't be bottlenecked comming in; but, if you were the writer wouldn't it be smart to let the entire pilgrimage in so that you could explain how there will be new characters for season 2 of course they could still do that since we haven't met all the thousand people in Terra Nova right now. All I'm saying is they should have blown it near the end. Or they could have gone through a few days later, security at hope plaza wouldn't be that high if no one was supposed to go through that day and they would have the element of surprise against Taylor

Does anyone else wonder what Skye did to convince Lucas to let Josh go? Lucas' creepy older brother vibe make me think some bad things. Like Ellen/One/ Saul Tigh (BSG referrence)

A battle between Terra nova and Phoenix would have been great but if that had happened in the beginning Taylor will be dead. I understand production wise you have to save cash and storywise the only way Taylor would surrender Terra Nova would be over his dead body and Wash and the rest will probably join him and then they'd loose. As an action scene, Taylor should have ambushed the phoenix group at the Terminus. Lead a few slashers/Carno into the Terminus site with the dino version of shark Chum. Cause a few explosion with Reynolds planting bombs and sniping a few and run the phoenix group off.

I'm surprised the Phoenix group didn't burn Terra Nova to the ground it wouldn't be smart but it would be evil.

Hope we get a season 2

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    Ooh yes, that's a good thing. Still, advanced technology does have a tendency to be somewhat delicate. And it's important to have backups. Start carving those schematics in stone!
    The Eye is well protected as it seems. So it will hold them at least 2 Generations if noone attacks it directly, but I get your Point. If its gone its gone and there is no way to save it properly otherwise. Even if they could write everything down, it would still take the whole Colony several Years.

I'm pretty sure she was just a plot device so the Sixers could have some sort of hold over Josh Shannon. I was guessing she'd die when she came through.
    I would say she will be back. We havent seen her die and as we know from Skys Mother even that doesnt mean much. If there is a Season 2 you can be sure that Kara will show up again just when Josh falls in love with Sky.

Leave a comment:

• WingedPegasus
    replied
    Originally posted by tomstone View Post
    Not really, they still have the Eye. I would expect it to contain also Inventions and Instructions if there are already Rollercoaster rides in its Database.
    Ooh yes, that's a good thing. Still, advanced technology does have a tendency to be somewhat delicate. And it's important to have backups. Start carving those schematics in stone!

Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
    hmm did it show how the girl got killed ? who come from portabl before the bomb guy come ? it was strange cause the guy was blocking the bomb plast and he survived with no damage what so ever...
    makes me wonder what was the point to set the girl in this series in the first place if she got killed off so easely
    I'm pretty sure she was just a plot device so the Sixers could have some sort of hold over Josh Shannon. I was guessing she'd die when she came through.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    You know, now that they're truly cut off from the future (at least for the time being), I hope they have some people with them who understand how their advanced technology works. Eventually, their batteries will run out...and ff the colonists only know how to use it and not how to recreate it, the technological knowledge of thousands of years would be lost.
    Not really, they still have the Eye. I would expect it to contain also Inventions and Instructions if there are already Rollercoaster rides in its Database.

Leave a comment:

• WingedPegasus
    replied
    Good episode(s)! Best of the season, IMO, and I'm glad they didn't end on a cliffie. The figurehead at the end was a setup for future seasons. If relics--or possibly people--from the past have come through the cracks, then why not others from the future beyond 2149? Perhaps even the very distant future, if humanity eventually dies off and some alien race takes up residence on our rock? That would be pretty awesome.

It also provides a nice out if any dinosaur buffs notice creatures from the wrong era popping up in the show. Just say they accidentally traveled backward/forward in time.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    There may even be other earth colonies.
    Indeed! A colony from the 1800s would be pretty cool.

You know, now that they're truly cut off from the future (at least for the time being), I hope they have some people with them who understand how their advanced technology works. Eventually, their batteries will run out...and ff the colonists only know how to use it and not how to recreate it, the technological knowledge of thousands of years would be lost.

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    two words: Bermuda Triangle!
    Heh, indeed! Good thought.

Leave a comment:

• Linda06
    replied
    So everyone can hear your Joy?
    Yeah of course

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I can't believe they killed one of the very few decent characters *facepalm* at least they didn't kill Taylor also. Or they would have had maybe only 1 decent character left and I'm not sure if that would have been enough to keep me watching.

If they ever done that I would be screaming and running for the hills.
    So everyone can hear your Joy?

Leave a comment:

• Linda06
    replied
    I can't believe they killed one of the very few decent characters *facepalm* at least they didn't kill Taylor also. Or they would have had maybe only 1 decent character left and I'm not sure if that would have been enough to keep me watching.

If they would introduce Atlantis in this Series I think I might scream. I am not sure if it would be a positive or a negative scream though.
    If they ever done that I would be screaming and running for the hills.

Leave a comment:

• Phinguyver
    replied
    ^^^

A Terra Nova/SGA arc? lol

I think if done right, it would be good.

Leave a comment:

• tomstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
    I think I agree about the Bermuda Triangle. It is said to be in the missing area that Atlantis is in post continental drift, so why not?
    If they would introduce Atlantis in this Series I think I might scream. I am not sure if it would be a positive or a negative scream though.

Leave a comment:

• Phinguyver
    replied
    I think I agree about the Bermuda Triangle. It is said to be in the missing area that Atlantis is in post continental drift, so why not?

Leave a comment:

• Matt G
    replied
    1. So, guarding the portal, three regular pilgrims come in...and then a suicide bomber. Not so bad.

2. Have to admit they did very well with the deaf-Jim thing.

3. Lucas Taylor you are a fracking psychopath!

4. "Oh...we brought something back from the badlands..." that roars...

5. Bit of a gamble cutting themselves off like that...now let's see what happens.

Very nice way to end the season.

Leave a comment:

• Skydiver
    replied
    The lack of a battle likely came down to budget. It'd have taken hundreds of thousands of dollars to stage it if not more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X