Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Hey how about in the virus episode. Howcome Action Man can ride his electric motorbike towards Terra Nova and that big dino just kept walking by as if it was a road crossing... WTF? That's what it looked like.

Terra Nova = Home & Away with occasional dinosaur

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Yay.... You discovered sarcasm........Have a cookie

Leave a comment:

• Steam
    replied
    Originally posted by morrismike View Post
    That's amazing. You are the first person on the whole internet to notice that.
    LMAO owned

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Yay.... You discovered sarcasm........Have a cookie

Leave a comment:

• morrismike
    replied
    Haha did anyone know the commander is the same guy from Avatar? And he even acts the same for the most part too hehe.

He's called "Action Man" on forums where i live.

Leave a comment:

• morrismike
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoLL's View Post
    From a quick search,
    http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2008/jul/solar072307.html

Looks as though DARPA is funding the research with a goal of pushing efficiencies past 50%
    That is optical concentration technology. That isn't the same as convential solar cells. I can concentrate sunlight and use it in a conventional plant and push 40% (if money is no object). The efficiency of cells using normal strength light will never even sniff 25% efficiency due to the restraints of physics.

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    Haha did anyone know the commander is the same guy from Avatar? And he even acts the same for the most part too hehe.

He's called "Action Man" on forums where i live.

Leave a comment:

• morrismike
    replied
    You know they might have taken grass seeds through the portal
    They seem to have plenty of wild sorgham to make booze from. Sorgham is really close to grass. Even if there wasn't grass there'd be something very close. Whose to say grass would even leave a fossil record?

Leave a comment:

• TwoLL's
    replied
    Link please. I'm in the power business and quite interested in any advances.
    From a quick search,
    http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2008/jul/solar072307.html

Looks as though DARPA is funding the research with a goal of pushing efficiencies past 50%

Leave a comment:

• LtColCarter
    replied
    Originally posted by KEK View Post
    We've seen a hell of a lot of people, too many for there to be none from non-English speaking countries with a reason.

It was fixed in Atlantis with flag patches. In Terra Nova there seems to be just lazily ignored. So far, anyway.

Zelenka was Czech, by the way...
    Yuppers...he's one of my peeps!

Leave a comment:

• KEK
    replied
    Originally posted by Steam View Post
    Well just maybe, JUST MAYBEEEE the few people we have seen are the top of there table? Come on not as if we have seen everyone.
    We've seen a hell of a lot of people, too many for there to be none from non-English speaking countries with a reason.

Also like you said for production Value. In stargate atlantis they had an "international" team but it didnt exactly differ from it mainly being US and Canada with a few Russian and UK people
    It was fixed in Atlantis with flag patches. In Terra Nova there seems to be just lazily ignored. So far, anyway.

Zelenka was Czech, by the way...

Leave a comment:

• Coco Pops
    replied
    You know they might have taken grass seeds through the portal

Leave a comment:

• Steam
    replied
    Originally posted by KEK View Post
    Grass is only found in the fossil record about 67 million years ago, but didn't really take over until asteroid ELE. Before then he forest floor and open areas was covered in ferns and mosses. Still, it's only a minor gripe.

And I'm still gonna have to go with, no, why would I be? Do you have an explanation as to why everyone is either British or American (or Australian)? I know the production answer, I'd just like an in-story one. It seems a bit silly to me given the premise.
    Well just maybe, JUST MAYBEEEE the few people we have seen are the top of there table? Come on not as if we have seen everyone. Also like you said for production Value. In stargate atlantis they had an "international" team but it didnt exactly differ from it mainly being US and Canada with a few Russian and UK people

Leave a comment:

• KEK
    replied
    The booze is made from a wild sorgham so there is probably grass.
    Grass is only found in the fossil record about 67 million years ago, but didn't really take over until asteroid ELE. Before then he forest floor and open areas was covered in ferns and mosses. Still, it's only a minor gripe.

Originally posted by Steam View Post
    Im still gonna have to go with your kidding right?
    And I'm still gonna have to go with, no, why would I be? Do you have an explanation as to why everyone is either British or American (or Australian)? I know the production answer, I'd just like an in-story one. It seems a bit silly to me given the premise.

Leave a comment:

• morrismike
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoLL's View Post
    We're in the infancy of solar power technology, and they've already created solar cells in research labs with percentage efficiencies in the low 40's. I figure with another 140 years of research they might even get the cost of such cells down to a reasonable level. After all, it's not like they're going to have a lot of oil and gas around until all those dinosaurs die off and fossilize and so forth, not to mention most internal combustion engines for such vehicles only work at an average of 18-20% efficiency even after being one of the most heavily used technologies of the last 100 and more years. Electric does seem to be a better idea.
    Link please. I'm in the power business and quite interested in any advances.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X