Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trig View Post
    I dont want there to be a season 6..
    The story was meant to be 5 seasons wasnt it?

Why ruin it with a season 6?
    they arent ruining it wit a season 6.they ended the main arc after five seasons because thats wat kpkie had envisioned for the storyline if thy had extended the apocalypse storyline into next year then they would have ruined it.just wait and see some eps of season 6 before we all start saying its "jumping the shark' or ruined

Comment

I just finished watching Swan Song (and am half-watching SG1 Watergate), so my thoughts might be a bit disjointed.

This was a less action/violence ep than I expected, which is good for me because I was dreading a gory episode.

I really like how Jared picked up the mannerisms Mark Pellegrino brought to the Lucifer character and brought them forth when Sam was possessed.

The pieces about the Impala were very nice - made the ending make sense. Almost their entire lives were wrapped around that car - it was a touchstone for all of Sam's memory of family/Dean.

I was expecting Bobby to die. Actually, I've been expecting Bobby to die every season. I'm glad he survived so long, but I'm not sure how I feel about him being resurrected. Obviously, I'm happy he's alive, but it kind of felt weird, like cheating his sacrifice.

I wasn't expecting Cas to be blown up - great effect, but I have less of a problem with him returning if he was brought back as a higher level angel. The question would be why was he deemed good/important/whatever enough to be brought back?

I've never been pleased with the idea of Sam facing off with Adam. The scene was well acted and was interesting - Lucifer tempting Michael - but it wasn't as epic as it would've been with Sam v. Dean. Of course, then the end would've had to have been totally different, so que sera sera.

I think they got the point across about getting the demon blood without being gory, but it still was intense.

When I saw the ending with Chuck, I thought he ascended to Heaven. If the show had ended with this episode, I could easily see Chuck = God.

I didn't mind the nice family scene with Dean cuz even if the show had ended, I wouldn't expect his life would be BBQs and ballgames. The spooky ending with Sam staring at the house was cool.

I hope S6 maintains focus and direction. This season felt a little scattered with lots of false trails and endings to the overall arc.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
        I can understand after such a big story arc that you might think that but another season doesn't necessarily = ruin. Kripke had his vision of 5 years but he didn't reckon on it becoming so successful...so why finish the show now when so many more people are enjoying it. So here we are with another Season coming. I can't wait.
        Yeah but now Kripke has stepped aside and imho that'll change the dynamic of the show, maybe not so much in s6 but if it goes to 7 or more then I bet it takes a nose dive..

On a seperate side, I think it was Sam stood there at the end..
        Question is what does he do, we already know from the narration that Bobby and Dean dont see eachother for a while. The question is where does Sam fit in now, does he leave his brother alone to the life he wanted him to have, I think he would, Dean has always been the warrior and Sam think's he deserves that life after everything he has been through, as such a s6 would ruin the ending of s5 if they get back together and carry on hunting, no bobby (at least for a while) no Castiel, no apocalypse, so where do they go now?
        The other question is, how did Sam get out and where are Lucifer and Michael...

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
          I just finished watching Swan Song (and am half-watching SG1 Watergate), so my thoughts might be a bit disjointed.

This was a less action/violence ep than I expected, which is good for me because I was dreading a gory episode.

I really like how Jared picked up the mannerisms Mark Pellegrino brought to the Lucifer character and brought them forth when Sam was possessed.

The pieces about the Impala were very nice - made the ending make sense. Almost their entire lives were wrapped around that car - it was a touchstone for all of Sam's memory of family/Dean.
          Totally agree with all of the above.

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
          I was expecting Bobby to die. Actually, I've been expecting Bobby to die every season. I'm glad he survived so long, but I'm not sure how I feel about him being resurrected. Obviously, I'm happy he's alive, but it kind of felt weird, like cheating his sacrifice.

I wasn't expecting Cas to be blown up - great effect, but I have less of a problem with him returning if he was brought back as a higher level angel. The question would be why was he deemed good/important/whatever enough to be brought back?
          I felt a bit of a letdown myself that they were both resurrected. Don't get me wrong, I love both characters, but somehow it was too much of a good thing.

Yeah but now Kripke has stepped aside and imho that'll change the dynamic of the show, maybe not so much in s6 but if it goes to 7 or more then I bet it takes a nose dive..
          Even though Kripke was the genius who conceived the show and these awesome five seasons, I think he has a great pool of writers and directors by now who really care about the show and can carry on his vision. Of course it's not gonna be the same thing, because the whole demon blood/angel/fate arch is over. I'm still confident that they will come up with something, as they said, smaller and more intimate that will still be a joy to watch.

On a seperate side, I think it was Sam stood there at the end..
          Question is what does he do, we already know from the narration that Bobby and Dean dont see eachother for a while. The question is where does Sam fit in now, does he leave his brother alone to the life he wanted him to have, I think he would, Dean has always been the warrior and Sam think's he deserves that life after everything he has been through, as such a s6 would ruin the ending of s5 if they get back together and carry on hunting, no bobby (at least for a while) no Castiel, no apocalypse, so where do they go now?
          The other question is, how did Sam get out and where are Lucifer and Michael...
          I also think it was Sam. He was only the vessel, so Lucifer doesn't need him in the Pit, and if God was able to resurrect Cas with even more powers, and in his original vessel, of course he could pull Sam's body out of the cage and/or put it together again.

What I could imagine for S6 is Sam going back to being a hunter, maybe together with Bobby. They would keep this fact from Dean as long as possible - hence he won't see Bobby for quite a while - but once he finds out he'll join them for special cases that are too big for two guys to handle. Sam has said repeatedly that the 'apple pie life' is not what he craves anymore, but they would give Dean - who has grown tired of the life over the last seasons - a chance at living it at least most of the time.

Also, who knows, S6 could be a series of stand-alone timestamps for earlier seasons, tying up some loose ends. It doesn't necessarily have to go on after the Apocalypse.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I'm relatively new to this series, so my opinion doesn't mean much. But when this series does come to an end, i think the best ending would be the brother's in the Impala going out and doing what they do best, hunting things. It would give some closure and leave it open to be expanded on later.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              I'm relatively new to this series, so my opinion doesn't mean much. But when this series does come to an end, i think the best ending would be the brother's in the Impala going out and doing what they do best, hunting things. It would give some closure and leave it open to be expanded on later.
              Hello and welcome! If you haven't seen all of it, you're in for a treat.

You're right, after the first couple of seasons that would have been the preferred ending. But in the later ones a lot will change and there will be issues raised that would make such an end somewhat anticlimactic. For what it's worth - and sorry if I'm telling you things you already know - this was supposed to be the end of the show's story arch the way its creator Eric Kripke envisioned it. And IMHO it was without
              Spoiler:
              Sam showing up in the end again
              . He likes to do the unexpected, and to end this with
              Spoiler:
              Dean living the apple pie life and Sam sacrificing himself for him (and all of humanity)
              is just the kind of twist I would expect from him. Plus it nicely illustrated the long way the boys have come since a gung-ho young hunter arrived in Stanford to lure his geeky brother away from college for a few days.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                Hello and welcome! If you haven't seen all of it, you're in for a treat.

You're right, after the first couple of seasons that would have been the preferred ending. But in the later ones a lot will change and there will be issues raised that would make such an end somewhat anticlimactic. For what it's worth - and sorry if I'm telling you things you already know - this was supposed to be the end of the show's story arch the way its creator Eric Kripke envisioned it. And IMHO it was without
                Spoiler:
                Sam showing up in the end again
                . He likes to do the unexpected, and to end this with
                Spoiler:
                Dean living the apple pie life and Sam sacrificing himself for him (and all of humanity)
                is just the kind of twist I would expect from him. Plus it nicely illustrated the long way the boys have come since a gung-ho young hunter arrived in Stanford to lure his geeky brother away from college for a few days.
                Very nicely put. I totally agree.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X