Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Bloody Valentine (514)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My Bloody Valentine (514)

    cupid makes an appearance — castiel (misha collins) helps sam (jared padalecki) and dean (jensen ackles) hunt down cupid (guest star lex medlin) on valentine’s day after townspeople start to kill each other for love. However, after cupid tells them he’s innocent, they discover famine (guest star james otis), one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, has arrived in town. Mike rohl directed the episode written by ben edlund


    Post Viewing Discussion Only!!

    #2
    WOW - that was some seriously dark and disturbing stuff. With a really Apocalyptic feel to it. I think I'll need a re-watch on this to wrap my head around it. Although I'll skip the first part. That was way too graphic for me, and I'm not surprised Ben Edlund said he didn't think they'd let him get away with it. On the other hand, some great one-liners. I think my favorite was "Be my Valentine?"
    Last edited by starg8fans; February 12, 2010, 03:05 AM.

    sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

    Comment


      #3
      Jeeeesus - that was dark. The first part was also too gory for me. BAH

      At first the episode felt normal, you know, switching between funny an thrilling and normal gory but then...

      Cas asked Dean the same time I was saying "What's your hunger, Dean?"

      And I didn't like the answer.

      Guess I'll have to re-watch it too. But not now.

      Wasn't it me who complained a little bit about Apocalypse light? I won't do that again in the near future...
      The cake is a lie!

      Comment


        #4
        wow that was a great episode
        but I agree the eating eachother to death scene was way too gory

        poor Dean I never saw that coming

        Comment


          #5
          yeah that ep was very dark. the 2 parts that really got to me was the start with eating each other(my g/f is in another country for 10months when i saw that first part i was like i wish i could be with her for Valentine's then they started to eat each other I was like wow that's a mood killer) the other was when the cook stuck his hands in the oil and started eating the fries while his hands were boiling.

          I think that Famine was lying to Dean I think the reason he didn't sub come to the horsemen was because he didn't want any of the 7 deadly sins. It seemed like he could only manifest those in people. Because its clear that Dean wants stuff like a real family. But then with the end of the ep i don't know. It seems like Dean is SOOOOO close to saying yes to Michel
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            I figured this one would be fairly gross based on the previews and the episode title. They don't do traditional holiday eps on this show! Their twisted Christmas episode is still my favorite.

            Granted I could have done without the gore because that's not my thing, but the core story was good.
            IMO always implied.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Jeffer View Post
              yeah that ep was very dark. the 2 parts that really got to me was the start with eating each other(my g/f is in another country for 10months when i saw that first part i was like i wish i could be with her for Valentine's then they started to eat each other I was like wow that's a mood killer) the other was when the cook stuck his hands in the oil and started eating the fries while his hands were boiling.

              I think that Famine was lying to Dean I think the reason he didn't sub come to the horsemen was because he didn't want any of the 7 deadly sins. It seemed like he could only manifest those in people. Because its clear that Dean wants stuff like a real family. But then with the end of the ep i don't know. It seems like Dean is SOOOOO close to saying yes to Michel
              They sure got both boys pretty shaken up in time for the final show-down... Because I expect them to really get down to the Apocalypse when they return from yet another hellatus.

              Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              I figured this one would be fairly gross based on the previews and the episode title. They don't do traditional holiday eps on this show! Their twisted Christmas episode is still my favorite.

              Granted I could have done without the gore because that's not my thing, but the core story was good.
              It sure was everything you said. I just watched it again, and it was even better the second time around. Iolanda mentioned already the humor in the beginning, but on the first watch I hardly noticed it because I was still reeling from that first scene. But the scene with the Cupid was great, as was the one in the morgue. "Don't forget to refrigerate after opening." BTW, did you recognize the pathologist? He was the 'Comtria' guy from SG-1, and we've already seen him as a librarian I think in S1 of Spn.

              Famine really creeped me out - pure evil there. And yay for Sam to resist, even after taking a first sip. "Wait your turn." *shudders*

              So meeting Michael must have really shaken Dean for him to let his defenses down enough that Sam realized something's wrong. And on top of that, Famine tells him he's empty and dead inside. It'll be hard to bounce back from that double whammy.

              sigpic
              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                It sure was everything you said. I just watched it again, and it was even better the second time around. Iolanda mentioned already the humor in the beginning, but on the first watch I hardly noticed it because I was still reeling from that first scene. But the scene with the Cupid was great, as was the one in the morgue. "Don't forget to refrigerate after opening." BTW, did you recognize the pathologist? He was the 'Comtria' guy from SG-1, and we've already seen him as a librarian I think in S1 of Spn.
                Thank you!! I knew I recognized him from somewhere, but couldn't place him.

                There were some great one liners in this ep. The ep had something for everyone...gore, humor, mythology, story arc, etc.

                I wouldn't call it a favorite of mine, but it was above par.

                Famine really creeped me out - pure evil there. And yay for Sam to resist, even after taking a first sip. "Wait your turn." *shudders*

                So meeting Michael must have really shaken Dean for him to let his defenses down enough that Sam realized something's wrong. And on top of that, Famine tells him he's empty and dead inside. It'll be hard to bounce back from that double whammy.
                Which I think is the point...what the show is building towards. I don't see Dean rebounding any time soon. Sam's not the one to worry about. He may be angry (which is what Lucifer feeds on to get his victims to say yes), but at least he still has a desire to fight on. I'm not exactly sure what Dean's motivation is any more. That f-you attitude that fed his fire to resist the angels at the beginning of the season seems to be gone.
                IMO always implied.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Excellent episode! Lots of dark stuff going on. I didn't like Sam drinking the demon blood again, but I did like him with his powers back.

                  I must admit that cupid being naked was disturbing. I know I wouldn't like a strange, naked dude hugging all over me.

                  Excellent episode...

                  Now we just have to wait until March 25th for the next one. Not that long of a wait! (thankfully)
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Probably my favorite of the season.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      A very strong episode, no doubt about that. Things are really coming together nicely. The rest of this season should be very interesting.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        WOW - that was some seriously dark and disturbing stuff. With a really Apocalyptic feel to it. I think I'll need a re-watch on this to wrap my head around it. Although I'll skip the first part. That was way too graphic for me, and I'm not surprised Ben Edlund said he didn't think they'd let him get away with it. On the other hand, some great one-liners. I think my favorite was "Be my Valentine?"
                        I agree. I could have done without that.
                        But the rest made up for it. Loved the "Be my Valentine", lol.

                        Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                        They sure got both boys pretty shaken up in time for the final show-down... Because I expect them to really get down to the Apocalypse when they return from yet another hellatus.
                        That´s true!

                        It sure was everything you said. I just watched it again, and it was even better the second time around. Iolanda mentioned already the humor in the beginning, but on the first watch I hardly noticed it because I was still reeling from that first scene. But the scene with the Cupid was great, as was the one in the morgue. "Don't forget to refrigerate after opening." BTW, did you recognize the pathologist? He was the 'Comtria' guy from SG-1, and we've already seen him as a librarian I think in S1 of Spn.
                        I didn´t recognise him
                        Really have to rewatch SG1 at one point, I´ve forgotten too much about it.

                        Famine really creeped me out - pure evil there. And yay for Sam to resist, even after taking a first sip. "Wait your turn." *shudders*

                        So meeting Michael must have really shaken Dean for him to let his defenses down enough that Sam realized something's wrong. And on top of that, Famine tells him he's empty and dead inside. It'll be hard to bounce back from that double whammy.
                        Indeed

                        Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

                        Which I think is the point...what the show is building towards. I don't see Dean rebounding any time soon. Sam's not the one to worry about. He may be angry (which is what Lucifer feeds on to get his victims to say yes), but at least he still has a desire to fight on. I'm not exactly sure what Dean's motivation is any more. That f-you attitude that fed his fire to resist the angels at the beginning of the season seems to be gone.
                        I think it might be that encounter with Michael and the fact that his dad said yes. He was all pissed with them in the beginning for telling him he´d say yes anyway, thinking his dad would never give in, but now that he knows different.... maybe the only reason he´s still going through the motion is because he doesn´t want to be the one fighting/killing Sam. But somehow giving in, knowing it´s nothing he can do about in the end. *shrugs*

                        Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                        picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                          BTW, did you recognize the pathologist? He was the 'Comtria' guy from SG-1, and we've already seen him as a librarian I think in S1 of Spn..
                          Sorry to disagree, but the "Comtria"-guy Urgo was played by Dom DeLuise who passed away last year. The pathologist was, according to tv.com played by Jay Brazeau who, according to imdb.com, played an librarian in "Provenance".
                          The cake is a lie!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                            Sorry to disagree, but the "Comtria"-guy Urgo was played by Dom DeLuise who passed away last year. The pathologist was, according to tv.com played by Jay Brazeau who, according to imdb.com, played an librarian in "Provenance".
                            I'm not talking about Urgo, but about the guy who made copies of SG-1, which he considered 'better'. It was a S1 episode called 'Tin Man'.

                            Edit Here's his Omnipedia profile (http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Harlan), his name was Harlan.
                            Last edited by starg8fans; February 15, 2010, 03:48 AM.

                            sigpic
                            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Ah, cool! Look like I also have to rewatch SG-1, I was sure, that It was Urgo with the annoying Comtraia.
                              The cake is a lie!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X