Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! UK fans. Supernatural season 9 starts tonight on E4. Apologies if this is old news.

Comment

Well Supernatural did not win the People's Choice Award for Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show as it lost to the show Beauty and the Beast. Also, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles lost in Favorite TV Duo and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor but the person they lost to in the actor category is their co-star Misha Collins.

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/awards/nominees/

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I can't take the People's Choice Awards too serious since you can vote as often as you want to. There probably are many hardcore fans out there who vote 100 times for their favourite actors.
        The very young do not always do as they are told.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M@ster R View Post
          I can't take the People's Choice Awards too serious since you can vote as often as you want to. There probably are many hardcore fans out there who vote 100 times for their favourite actors.
          True. Everyone knows how obsessed fans of Beauty and the Beast can be.

Comment

Not sure if you are honest or sarcastic, to tell the truth (since the Supernatural fandom also is very obsessed and I don't know the Beauty and the Beast one (don't even know the show)) . In case you are sarcastic: I was not writing that because I was pissed that Supernatural didn't get more awards or anything. It's just my opinion with votings like this. I would also have said that if Supernatural had won all of the awards in question .

sigpic

Comment

Not sure if you are honest or sarcastic, to tell the truth (since the Supernatural fandom also is very obsessed and I don't know the Beauty and the Beast one (don't even know the show)) . In case you are sarcastic: I was not writing that because I was pissed that Supernatural didn't get more awards or anything. It's just my opinion with votings like this. I would also have said that if Supernatural had won all of the awards in question .
              Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was being honest about myself. I got a little obsessed with Beauty and the Beast's renewal when they started talking cancellation last year. The whole fandom of B&tB went a little nuts. Sadly, the show started going downhill, so now I'm not so obsessed. I agree that the voting process is anything but realistic of a show's popularity. Statistically, Supernatural has much better ratings than Beauty and the Beast.

Comment

I see, no problem . Checked a trailer for Beauty and the Beast the other day. First thought you were talking about some kind of a spin off from the Disney movie . The series looks interesting. But I can imagine that the plot might not be that varied over time. Nevertheless I consider starting watching it. Can you tell me if it's more action and thrill or rather about love, sub stuff etc. ?
                Last edited by M@ster R; 10 January 2015, 07:36 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I see, no problem . Checked a trailer for Beauty and the Beast the other day. First thought you were talking about some kind of a spin off from the Disney movie . The series looks interesting. But I can imagine that the plot might not be that varied over time. Nevertheless I consider starting watching it. Can you tell me if it's more action and thrill or rather about love, sub stuff etc. ?
                  It's about an equal mix of romance and action. My issue lately is that the story seems to repeat itself too much. I've always had issue with how unrealistic the cop's job is portrayed. I don't want to give away spoilers, but you'll understand if you watch the series. There is some interesting science and mythology going on. I doubt it makes it past this last season, so I'm hoping the writers plan on closing the series out well.

Comment

Thanks, maybe I wait a bit, then. I have enough series to watch, anyway .

sigpic

Comment

two things i want before Supernatural ends (if it ever does lol), is maybe an x-files themed episode where they bring the two x-files actors on the show maybe it could be like a Gabriel episode if he ever comes back

the second thing i want is for Sarah Michelle Geller appearance, ideally id love her to be the big bad for season 11 but eh id settle for a cameo, winchesters up against buffy (probably wouldnt be buffy) would be cool
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Why Winchesters against Buffy? They could also join forces in an awesome vampire hunt. And Angel, too. Talking about David Boreanaz: Do you watch Bones? Cause there is an X-Files episode in Bones (without Skully and Mulder, though) .

sigpic

Comment

nah dont watch Bones, didnt like the Angel character too much..... so yeah not really a fan of david boreanaz

i just think it would work better if SMG played a villain
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                            two things i want before Supernatural ends (if it ever does lol), is maybe an x-files themed episode where they bring the two x-files actors on the show maybe it could be like a Gabriel episode if he ever comes back

the second thing i want is for Sarah Michelle Geller appearance, ideally id love her to be the big bad for season 11 but eh id settle for a cameo, winchesters up against buffy (probably wouldnt be buffy) would be cool
                            you know how i'd like it to end? (i was thinking about it a couple of days ago)

cass does something to alter sam and dean's memories, and grants them the freedom to be normal, to have families and friends and be happy.

i really don't think either one would be able to let go of the past (and the addiction of that type of adventure), so cass gives it to them without either knowing it's coming their way. maybe the last scene is cass standing back, watching the brothers enjoy a day at the park with their families.

i know it's touchy-feely, but it would be the ultimate happy ending for dean and sam. to me at least.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

They've kinda done something like that already ya know? i think its called its a horrible life or something like that yeah Sam and Dean thought they were someone else and worked desk jobs and until something supernatural found them i think it was like season 4 or 5 or something

My ending for Supernatural is either they both die in epic fashion or, Sam becomes king of hell and dean becomes ruler of Heaven and both brothers agree to there primary concern is both there factions hunting demons/supernatural beings left on earth
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

@Kennedy: But it was not that something supernatural found them in this ep. Zachariah had placed them at this job because he knew about the supernatural stuff and wanted them to realize that it's their destiny to hunt. And who they are. And that's right, Cupid got their parents together for their destiny.
                                I think sals ending would only be possible when all supernatural evil stuff was wiped out on earth. Because otherwise you would prevent them from doing what they are good at what they are: Saving people, hunting things, the family business.
                                Dean as ruler of heaven and Sam as ruler of hell and both of them in peace with each other has something to it.
                                But in the end, the Supernatural shall never end!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X