Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Lol

How much do you know about the current "canon" timeline FH?
    Err... I can manage... a little... ...I know just enough to survive a Celebrations event.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

https://www.ibtimes.com/mandalorian-...-katan-2975275

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...k-moment.html/
      Last edited by Gatefan1976; 14 May 2020, 11:41 AM.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

If I had to guess...

Mando is gonna travel to Mandalore to try and protect the child, the world now being free of Empire influence. Katan recognises the child for being a force user and calls in the one person she trusts to help. Ahsoka is then brought in at first to suggest that she take the child away, which will cause some understandable tension between her and Mando and Katan who obviously will wish to side with Ahsoka. Then however the Imperial Remnant will track Mando and the child to Mandalore and begin an assault on the planet.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Magi is a huge legends fan, I'm not sure you took it in the way he meant it there P-90.
          Having Thrawn and Ahsoka In a live action series would denounce the naysayers who think that just because it's in a cartoon it doesn't count, something I know Magi has run into before.
          oh, no..never--not at all!

Yeah, I say I am LEGENDS fan, to the extent where LEGENDS covers all the back stories and side stories that are a part of the main SW's story... imo, there is too much focus on the Skywalker story, especially now that we know that the Skywalkers were created as a tool for Palpatine for Sidious

so many so called fans --who are really jealous Trek fans in a rage-- of SW's just dont get how these other stories fit and insist that the only things that count are what we have seen on screen in movies only.

I also have come to appreciate how TPTB's have slipped LEGENDS characters,ships, light sabers, etc, into canon by introducing them on screen. mainly done by Filoni

a lot of legends stuff was intro to canon via REBELS, like the cross hilt light saber, the world between worlds, the diff types of tie fighters and other rebel ships like the U wing, giving a back existence for its appearance in ROG1. And characters like the Inquisitors and Wedge ANTILLES- who together with the defection of Agent Kallus, set up the back sotry for Imperial defectors

for Thrawn, he is a huge- if quiet, favorite of LEGENDS fans and now too of REBELS fans. if he were to appear in live action, complete with blue hair and skin and red eyes , fans WOULD GO APE ****, i n a good way

when i said i hope Filoni doesnt go and include all these characters at one time, it is because 1- putting all of them together in either a scene or even in unrelated stories in one episode, would come off exactly as extreme fan service just to get the wow factor they got with "baby yoda"

and 2- it would make the character's stories actually look 'comic bookish and cartoony' by cramming them all together and not devoting enough time to their own stories and schemes

i could go on, but thats enough

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Wait... Clone Wars is a different serie to Rebels... That's an animated series too, right?
            hey! take notes if you cant keep up!

someone has a lot of 'homework' to do

especially since, and barring any production disasters, it looks like we are going to have an explosion of SW's material on DISNEY+

Comment

Are there seperate threads here for each SW's show or potential show?

such as KENOBI or the Cassian Andor ROGUE 1 prequel?

----------------

have any of you also read conflicting reports on the KENOBI show?

i have read they had about 3 or 4 eps done and waiting post production and then Kathleen Kennedy told them to redo it and due to scheduling issues, many cast and crew had to go fulfill other commitments

then i read where DISNEY, not wanting to leave a SW's void on its streamer after the MANDO success, wants to now air those 3 or 4 eps to get content on and then continue with the rest of the season later

so grab your gun and bring the cat in and tell me what you have heard

Comment

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ssion-Spoilers
                https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-Disney-series

What I could find. I'm guessing on hold for now due to COVID-19 or rearranged, but haven't looked for news. Good news is season 2 is unaffected by COVID-19 apparently and still planning for an October release!

EDIT: Googled Kenobi, no news and didn't see mention of the above other than its scheduled to go into production in 2021 so don't think anything's been filmed yet...

Also Timothy Olyphant has joined the cast of season 2 and plans are already in motion for season 3. Apparently there is also a female led Star Wars series in the works.
                Last edited by Teddybrown; 16 May 2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ssion-Spoilers
                  https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...-Disney-series

What I could find. I'm guessing on hold for now due to COVID-19 or rearranged, but haven't looked for news. Good news is season 2 is unaffected by COVID-19 apparently and still planning for an October release!

EDIT: Googled Kenobi, no news and didn't see mention of the above other than its scheduled to go into production in 2021 so don't think anything's been filmed yet...

Also Timothy Olyphant has joined the cast of season 2 and plans are already in motion for season 3. Apparently there is also a female led Star Wars series in the works.
                  thanks! i get frustrated very easily with forum searches--grrrrr!

i think that 2021 production date for KENOBI is the re-start date, after Kath Kennedy axed what they already had done--whether they use any of it to get content on who knows- there is so much contradicting info out there

on Olyphant, this from a Hollywood Reporter article:
                  It is unknown whether the actor will play a new character or a returning favorite in a new guise
                  now that is interesting, no character name assigned to him.. he has got the right look to pull of a live version Thrawn... hmmmm?

<< this hopeful supposition all ties into the fact that Ahsoka is in s2, and last we saw her, she was on a quest with Sabine Wren to find Ezra who went missing with Thrawn--so, where there is a Togruta there may be a Chiss

olyph.jpg thrawn.jpg

Comment

Isn't Rosario Dawson playing Ahsoka?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Isn't Rosario Dawson playing Ahsoka?
                      This hasn't been confirmed yet.

Comment

Just noticed this.
                        Cara Dune looks a lot like Sabine. Could it be her in disguise?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                          Just noticed this.
                          you know a show is liked when so much info is out there on it..confirmed and otherwise

but, since MOST websites have reported that Dawson as Ahsoka is now confirmed, Sabine's appearance makes perfect sense

Following the recent news of the return of Temuera Morrison’s Boba Fett in upcoming second season of The Mandalorian, rumors have been circulating that another familiar space bounty hunter is also reportedly set to appear in next installment of Disney+‘s Star Wars prequel series. The character in question is none other than female Mandalorian warrior, Sabine Wren who first appeared in Lucasfilm’s animated series Star Wars Rebels. If the rumors are true, Season 2 would mark the character’s live-action debut.
                          https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...orian-season-2

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                            Just noticed this.
                            idk, Sabine is fairly petite, Dune is pretty muscular

Comment

But years have passed, right?

Comment

How long is the gap between Rebels and Mandalorian?

Comment

Working...
                                X