Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Am I going to have to watch Rebels, in order to get err... this character?

Disney+ will apparently become available to us in September and my sister's thinking about getting an account (I have the household Netflix account) so i don't need to go "looking" for it if Rebels is a good thing to watch.
    Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Gosh Darn Yes. Rebels may seem like a childrens show, but past the first season and into the second, third and 4th seasons of Rebels, it got more mature, and to me a bit more violent and scary for children below 9 to watch.

So yes, I recommend watching Star Wars Rebels, for me it took a episode or two to really get into and want to see more, they are not long episodes either, just long enough to be enjoyable.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Rebels is a must watch for any star wars fan.
      It's a hidden gem.
      And when you're done you're going to feel like you want to see more of these characters. You'll naver have enough of them.

If you haven't watched The Rise of Skywalker then don't go any further
      Spoiler:
      One of the main characters of Rebels and one close to the hearts of the fans of SW Rebels can be heard in Ros. You can also see their ship. It was a really fulfilling moment even though I wanted more.

Comment

Am I going to have to watch Rebels, in order to get err... this character?

Disney+ will apparently become available to us in September and my sister's thinking about getting an account (I have the household Netflix account) so i don't need to go "looking" for it if Rebels is a good thing to watch.
        yes, REBELS is awesome and besides it being great on its own, it did tie in with the greater story as well

like what finally happened to Maul; more info on the anakin/ahsoka relationship; the introduction (some say retconn) of certain ships and weapons and jedi practices shown afterwards in the new films

Comment

I can't believe my prop/set builder buddies haven't given me flack yet for not watching Rebels.

I would expect them to sit me down for it...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I find Rebels really captures the feel of the OT as well. Not just the look with the Star Destroyers and Storm Troopers and such but the atmosphere. Even when the Empire is somewhat bungling (which is frequent in the first two seasons) there is this really strong feeling of oppression. The Rebels have to make do with scraps while the Empire controls the galaxy and even when the show is being lighthearted you never really get a sense that the group are really playing for any stakes higher than just small gains, except for when they're dealing with Jedi matters where it takes on a different tone, but even then you usually get a sense that Kanan and Ezra are massively out of their league dealing with Inquisitors, let alone Maul and Vader.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
              Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Gosh Darn Yes. Rebels may seem like a childrens show, but past the first season and into the second, third and 4th seasons of Rebels, it got more mature, and to me a bit more violent and scary for children below 9 to watch.

So yes, I recommend watching Star Wars Rebels, for me it took a episode or two to really get into and want to see more, they are not long episodes either, just long enough to be enjoyable.
              there were a couple episodes, such as the one where Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka went to Malachor and found Maul in that Sith temple and encountered the inquisitors and Vader--eps like that, imo, were just as good or better then any SW's film

REBELS Is a great "intermission" piece for all of SW's. And it as well as clone wars proves that Filoni should be charge of everything SW's to be made.

Comment

and we may see CPT Rex as well. Filoni; dont overload the show with big named characters and spoil the feel of it as it now is-- pace yourself

on big name characters, if and when Ahsoka and Sabine ever do find Ezra-and then maybe also Thrawn, can you imagine the fan craze if we get Thrawn in live action? Rebels finally put him into canon, will the Mando or other new show play him with a live actor?

either way, i would like to someday see what happened to him and Ezra--and all of Thrawn's troops who were on that Star Destroyer. Filoni has pretty much said neither are dead and that he plans to bring them back,someday,someway

Comment

the last person to have the dark sabre and become the Mand'alor is Bo Katan. this was in REBELS

she will be in S2 played by Katee Sackhoff

Battlestar Galactica star and Star Wars veteran Katee Sackhoff is joining The Mandalorian season 2. We have exclusively learned that Sackhoff will be playing a live-action version of Bo-Katan Kryze, a Mandalorian warrior she previously voiced in Dave Filoni’s animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and later Star Wars Rebels.

Although both Lucasfilm and Sackhoff’s reps declined to comment, we have confirmed this story with multiple sources. She filmed her role back in February before Hollywood production shut down due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
                  https://www.slashfilm.com/the-mandal...on-2-bo-katan/

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                    and we may see CPT Rex as well. Filoni; dont overload the show with big named characters and spoil the feel of it as it now is-- pace yourself

on big name characters, if and when Ahsoka and Sabine ever do find Ezra-and then maybe also Thrawn, can you imagine the fan craze if we get Thrawn in live action? Rebels finally put him into canon, will the Mando or other new show play him with a live actor?

either way, i would like to someday see what happened to him and Ezra--and all of Thrawn's troops who were on that Star Destroyer. Filoni has pretty much said neither are dead and that he plans to bring them back,someday,someway
                    I wouldn't worry. People had the same concerns about Rebels when it was reported that Ahsoka and Rex but it turned out awesome.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Was just coming to mention Bo-Katan Kryze. As per Rebels, I concur with everyone else, it starts off childish but gets good quickly. Will be interesting to see how it ties in. You might want to watch Clone Wars season 7 too.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        I wouldn't worry. People had the same concerns about Rebels when it was reported that Ahsoka and Rex but it turned out awesome.
                        Magi is a huge legends fan, I'm not sure you took it in the way he meant it there P-90.
                        Having Thrawn and Ahsoka In a live action series would denounce the naysayers who think that just because it's in a cartoon it doesn't count, something I know Magi has run into before.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          Was just coming to mention Bo-Katan Kryze. As per Rebels, I concur with everyone else, it starts off childish but gets good quickly. Will be interesting to see how it ties in. You might want to watch Clone Wars season 7 too.
                          Wait... Clone Wars is a different serie to Rebels... That's an animated series too, right?

Comment

Wait... Clone Wars is a different serie to Rebels... That's an animated series too, right?
                            Yep.
                            Clone wars is pre-empire, Rebels is post / rise of the empire. (I'd say BBY, but that's not accurate here)
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay... thanks.

Comment

Lol

How much do you know about the current "canon" timeline FH?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X