Whoopi Goldberg Wants to be in future J.J. Abrams Star Trek Movie as Guinan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoopi Goldberg Wants to be in future J.J. Abrams Star Trek Movie as Guinan

UGO posted a new interview with Star Trek The Next Generation actress Whoopi Goldberg and here are few excerpts.

UGO: We're all really big Trek nerds here, and we wanted to here your thoughts on the new movie.

Whoopi: I can't wait. I'm like, "Let's Go!" I'm ready to see it. It's JJ. Anything JJ Abrams does, I'm ready to watch.

UGO: You're ready to watch, but we don't know how old the El-Aurian race is. Do you think there could be a Guinan sighting in any new movies?

Whoopi: If I could convince him...And we know that she's if not older than Q, she's as old as Q. So we do know that she's quite old. And she's been traveling around. She's been around. And because I believe in my heart that Picard is one of her great-great-great-great-great-great-grandchildren. So, you know, I know we're not starting with Picard, but maybe she'll show up with Spock.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/01/...s-Guinan.shtml

Meh. I don't see him including her as Guinan unless it's relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by thevarrior View Post
      Meh. I don't see him including her as Guinan unless it's relevant.
      I am of the same mind, however even a cameo would be enough even if she wasn't relevant. I have always liked the character and her interaction with Picard. I would love to see her reprise her role!
      Lets just say Radek Zelenka can be my Mad Scientist any day!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Humanityspotential for the awesome Zelenka Siggie!

Comment

Personally, I would love to see Guinan appear.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lets be honest, she only got the job on TNG because she's Whoopi Goldberg and the charactor was pretty naff

Comment

She's neither young nor pretty enough to get on New Trek. Wonderful character, but...
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              She's neither young nor pretty enough to get on New Trek. Wonderful character, but...
              *Sigh* You unfortunately have a point there. It is criminal how sometimes Hollywood sacrifices talent for looks. However, Picard wasn't (in most peoples opinion) the classical example of 'Jaw-dropping-hanesome' and was on the older side of the fence, yet he spanned the entire TNG series and movies...so I guess you never know!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGurl View Post
                *Sigh* You unfortunately have a point there. It is criminal how sometimes Hollywood sacrifices talent for looks. However, Picard wasn't (in most peoples opinion) the classical example of 'Jaw-dropping-hanesome' and was on the older side of the fence, yet he spanned the entire TNG series and movies...so I guess you never know!
                Picard sure had decent luck with the ladies though. Not as much of a womanizer like Kirk, but still.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Picard sure had decent luck with the ladies though. Not as much of a womanizer like Kirk, but still.
                  Oh most definately, no arguements here, however, as leading men go my point was that he was not the 'classical' sterotypical example of the hunky-hubba-hubba-omg-I-think-Iam-going-to-have-a-stroke-and-die-of-hawt character
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGurl View Post
                    Oh most definately, no arguements here, however, as leading men go my point was that he was not the 'classical' sterotypical example of the hunky-hubba-hubba-omg-I-think-Iam-going-to-have-a-stroke-and-die-of-hawt character
                    Yeah, I totally get where you are coming from. Picard attracted the ladies with his sophisticated nature.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Yeah, I totally get where you are coming from. Picard attracted the ladies with his sophisticated nature.
                      Of course! And him playing that flute?! Well darn eh?
                      Maybe they mistook him initally for Mr. Clean?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I for one would love to see Gunian in the Star Trek movies again. After all they let Nimoy in, why not another character from an established series. I really hope she's judged on talent and relivence to the polt not on looks or any other arbitray standard.
                        For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Unless the movie flops, I doubt they're ever going back, much less letting any of the 'old' actors on the series.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by ReFRidgerator View Post
                            Well, I for one would love to see Gunian in the Star Trek movies again. After all they let Nimoy in, why not another character from an established series. I really hope she's judged on talent and relivence to the polt not on looks or any other arbitray standard.
                            That would be nice.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by ReFRidgerator View Post
                              Yeah, I hope they do too. This movie is all about prettiness and youth but if they're making another one, I guess they'll have to start going forward in time, huh? So that could get them to Guinan or any other classical characters.

Personally, I loved Guinan and she would definitely refresh the plot.

Sig by Achaja

Comment

Working...
                              X