Star Trek: The Next Generation Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: The Next Generation Discussion and Appreciation Thread

I see all of the discussion going on on the DS9 is Superior thread and the Voyager Discussion and Appreciation thread, and I feel a bit left out (oh yes, poor, pitiful me! ). I haven't seen those two series often enough (or even completely enough) to be able to join in the conversation. Besides, I like TNG better. Sure, the first season had it's problems, but it was firing on all cylinders by the third season, and the fourth and fifth seasons were among some of the best in all of Star Trek. Does anyone feel like discussing, this much ignored show?

Thanks to sueKay and The Fifth Race for their threads that gave me the idea.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Yep first season took a while to take off but TNG was just awesome

"Lieutenant. Do you intend to blast a hole in the viewer?"

-- Picard to Worf in ST:TNG "Encounter At Farpoint"
    Good old Worf
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

T'is a classic. I have seen nowhere near all the episodes but it's a series that when i do catch it late night or whenever, it's always great. And lets not forget the Enterprise herself.... what a ship!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Ent-E was awesome but I'll always have something for the Ent-D
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          Ent-E was awesome but I'll always have something for the Ent-D
          Now I've been a Star Trek fan for a VERY long time, but I can't quite recall the Enterprise-D. Let's blame it on advancing age, shall we? Can you refresh my memory? Thanks!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

D

E

love Torri

Comment

^That's a sweet image of the Enterprise E......
              Umm....... Hope you don't mind if i, eh...... *yoink*

Enterprise-D. First time i saw the saucer section separate, i was literally speachless... So cool. Not to mention ingenius.

Comment

Awesome show! You know, I had thought about starting a TNG thread, as I keep going off on TNG tangents when I'm in the DS9 thread . TNG set the standards for the 24th century Federation and introduced some of the races in Trek, later to be the main focus of DS9 i.e. the Cardassians and Bajorans.

Although I've said I now like DS9 more purely because of seasons 5-7, TNG is still the one that got me back into Star Trek. I practically lived this show through the 1990s.

Nice one warmbeachrat, now we have three threads for Trek shows. All we need now is for someone to start the classic series thread, and someone brave enough to start an Enterprise thread.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                  ^That's a sweet image of the Enterprise E......
                  Umm....... Hope you don't mind if i, eh...... *yoink*

Enterprise-D. First time i saw the saucer section separate, i was literally speachless... So cool. Not to mention ingenius.
                  Leeching pictures again Anubis :rollears:

edit: erm *cough* I've been kinda looking for Enterprise images

Comment

Cool wallpaper - http://koti.mbnet.fi/silkki/Taustaku...tausta%202.jpg
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      Awesome show! You know, I had thought about starting a TNG thread, as I keep going off on TNG tangents when I'm in the DS9 thread . TNG set the standards for the 24th century Federation and introduced some of the races in Trek, later to be the main focus of DS9 i.e. the Cardassians and Bajorans.

Although I've said I now like DS9 more purely because of seasons 5-7, TNG is still the one that got me back into Star Trek. I practically lived this show through the 1990s.

Nice one warmbeachrat, now we have three threads for Trek shows. All we need now is for someone to start the classic series thread, and someone brave enough to start an Enterprise thread.
                      I thought of that--I wasn't sure how many would be interested in a TOS thread. I've seen those shows so many times that I know which one it is with the opening scene. I have some pretty old Star Trek paraphanelia, too. I suppose I could start one and if it doesn't fly, it will die a natural death.

*scurries off to start a TOS appreciation thread*

Comment

Ack! I'm so confused--where is the Enterprise E from (I guess I was thinking that that was the TNG one).

Comment

Enterprise-D (Galaxy class) is from the series
                          Enterprise-E (Sovereign class) is from the movies. Is the first one generations or First contact? Either way, it's the ones from insurrection and nemesis for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                            Ack! I'm so confused--where is the Enterprise E from (I guess I was thinking that that was the TNG one).
                            D was in the series and then crash-landed in the film 'Generations' then after that the E took over
                            love Torri

Comment

Enterprise E first appeared in "First Contact".
                              Ack. Qasim was in first as usual

Comment

Working...
                              X