Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    LOLOL, those are quite funny. I never get tired of those wonderful YouTube Trek clips. I love the Highway to Hell Defiant clip particular. That killer song fits the mighty Defiant perfectly!.

LOL, that is one I had not seen yet brother Falcon. I laughed so hard my protein shake came out my nose.
    Thanks! It was the best parody of DS9 that I have ever seen.

Cool videos, Defiant.
    sigpic

Comment

Blooper vid was good.

No offense, but that parody was one of the worst things i've seen. Not my style of humour...

I watched some Dominion war/battle vids the other day. There are some really good ones out there.
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Falcon View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7BKAER62AE

Since this is DS9 thread, we've got to have at least one DS9 parody on here sometime.
        LOL, interesting and quite clever. That video looked like it took a long time to produce.

So what's new brother DF?

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
        I like these one's
        Watch the Sisko & Q scene at the end lol
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTcy9c4KF0
        Not a DS9 one but fun
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iI1iSdXGM
        and of course the Defiant (Highway to Hell)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5FmSmyHaCI
        and of course we all know that would kick the Ori's butt
        Nice ones Defiant, I always get a charged feeling when I see that Highway to Hell Defiant clip, Awesome!. By the way Welcome to the DS9 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
          LOL, interesting and quite clever. That video looked like it took a long time to produce.

So what's new brother DF?

Nice ones Defiant, I always get a charged feeling when I see that Highway to Hell Defiant clip, Awesome!. By the way Welcome to the DS9 thread.
          Not much, just looking for a job right now.

Got some Transformers toys since the new movie is coming this summer.

Looking forward to tonight's RC Mini-Z race at Hobbytown USA at the Petaluma Plaza.

How's it going, brother Starbase?
          sigpic

Comment

Not much, just looking for a job right now.

Got some Transformers toys since the new movie is coming this summer.

Looking forward to tonight's RC Mini-Z race at Hobbytown USA at the Petaluma Plaza.

How's it going, brother Starbase?
            Not much my friend, just working and trying to keep the wife happy, which means working my ass off so I can fill her pocketbook up. (note: Hope my old lady, errr, lovely wife doesn't read this).

So what kind of job are you looking for?, I hope you have plans for college. I went to College of Marin for a couple years before transferring. I had some of the best times at COM. A lot of very lovely woman always attend classes there.

I was in Petaluma visiting my brother and his girlfriend yesterday. I have to get to Hobbytown and check that place out. I have been there before but it has been awhile. My uncle and I built a remote controlled helicopter a few years back and bought parts there.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
              Not much my friend, just working and trying to keep the wife happy, which means working my ass off so I can fill her pocketbook up. (note: Hope my old lady, errr, lovely wife doesn't read this).

So what kind of job are you looking for?, I hope you have plans for college. I went to College of Marin for a couple years before transferring. I had some of the best times at COM. A lot of very lovely woman always attend classes there.

I was in Petaluma visiting my brother and his girlfriend yesterday. I have to get to Hobbytown and check that place out. I have been there before but it has been awhile. My uncle and I built a remote controlled helicopter a few years back and bought parts there.
              Anything basically to help me get more acquainted with the working world. I'm actually quite skilled as a Files Clerk. But it would be cool if I developed more skills in Microsoft Word.
              sigpic

Comment

Anything basically to help me get more acquainted with the working world. I'm actually quite skilled as a Files Clerk. But it would be cool if I developed more skills in Microsoft Word.
                Do you drive and own a vehicle brother DF?. I am starting to look for help at my business in San Francisco for the upcoming spring and summer.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                I finally watched Emissary last night, man it was weird seeing Sisko with hair looking leaner than he did by the end of the series. I had forgotten just how great an episode Emissary was to kick-off DS9....

And so the DS9 trek begins. The highly ambitious two-hour pilot for Deep Space Nine brings a discontented Commander Benjamin Sisko to a post of diplomacy where he must prepare a damaged Bajor for entry into the Federation. The drama of all the various characters' introductions is superbly handled, introducing many of their motives, beliefs, problems, and internal conflicts with skill and depth. The premise is interesting and large in canvas, promising to show the long-term consequences of a static setting facing sweeping change, as the Bajorans' rebuild their Cardassian-destroyed world. The differing agendas between Starfleet and Bajor open many possibilities for conflicts of interests between Sisko and Kira, (they sure argued a lot with each other early on). The technical credits are impressive, including a gripping opening sequence depicting the Borg attack on Wolf 359, and an impressive array of sets for the Cardassian space station. The second half of the pilot, which documents Sisko and Dax's discovery of the wormhole, and Sisko's communication with the wormhole inhabitants, grows a bit repetitive, but it remains intriguing, making vivid points about the nature of existence. Meanwhile, Kira shows respectable strength and leadership in fending off a group of threatening Cardassians at the station with limited resources. Bookended by scenes between Sisko and Picard, the drama goes full circle as Sisko finally comes to terms with his past and prepares for the future as a builder and also as the Emissary within Bajoran mythology. As the foundation for the series to follow, "Emissary" is excellent drama, withe sophisticated themes than The Next Generation.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

After watching all DS9 here is my favourite character list:

1) Bashir - Good doc, very funny. Started slow the 1st two seasons, then burst onto the scene. Had many great moments with O'Brien. Start of disliking each other, then become the best of friends. Dealt with being genetic engineered well (eg darts), and his dealings with section 31 were great too. Got to love his interaction and friendship with Garak as well. Loved his spy stories, and conspiracy theories.
                  2) Quark - Always funny and scheming. Armin Shimerman did a great job of introducing, and revolutionizing the perception of the Ferengi race. Great Bartender, who was always involved in illegal business dealings, but always got away with it. Great interaction with Odo, his brother Rom, the Grand Nagus, and Brunt. A firm believer in Ferengi morals till the end.
                  3) Garak - Wonderful character. Capable of anything. Super spy, traitor, tailer, and then hero. Love the fact that one has to dig between the web of lies and deceit to find the truth with him. Great interaction with Bashir.
                  4) O'Brien - Solid engineer with a good personality. Great moments with Bashir, and good eps involving his family. Ever reliable.
                  5) Odo - Intriguing. Great detective. Didn't use his shape shifting abilities as much as he could have, i would would have liked to see him use a weapon at times, but i guess thats not his style. Dealt well with being all alone, and then learning of his race, and then fighting against them. Great relationship with Kira too. His best feature is how well he interacts with Quark.
                  6) Ezri Dax - Nice fresh introduction into the show in season 7. She was easy to accept and did a pretty good job in little time. A counselor was needed.
                  7) Kira - Would rate higher, except she seems a bit all over the place with her thoughts/past/loyalties/religion. Nana Visitor is a great actor. Probably the best of the cast. Does great as Kira and Multi verse Kira.
                  8) Weyoun - The face of the Dominion. Like Garak in a few ways imo. Sneaky, and deciteful. Served the founders loyally to the end. Jeffrey Combs is brilliant.
                  9) Nog - Great change from a young troublesome Ferengi kid, to a well trained, and experienced Star Fleet officer.
                  10) Martok - The Klingon image personified imo. Great leader, and warrior.
                  11) Sisko - Avery Brooks acted brilliantly. Always was able to get real emotional, and make the character seem real. I didn't like how Sisko let his beliefs in the Prophets and Bajor get in the way of doing his job as a StarFleet Captain on many occasions.
                  12) DuKat - The shows recurring antagonist. Always was trying to make up for his treatment of the Bajoran people during the occupation, and this messed with his mind heaps. Always believed in everything he did. Great interaction with Sisko and Kira.

Worf, Rom and Jake had their moments.

Didn't like Jadzia Dax much at all. Did nothing as a science officer.
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Glad to see Martok on that list MB Eddie! He is by far my favorite Klingon character ever. JG Hertzler did a great job with that character, and made me believe Martok is the right man to lead the Empire.

Comment

Agreed HG! Martok overtook Worf as my favourite Klingon. He was the perfect person to lead the Klingon Empire as he never ever sought power and had it thrust upon him. For me, that's the type of character you'd want as a leader.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                        1) Bashir -
                        2) Quark -
                        3) Garak -
                        4) O'Brien -
                        5) Odo -
                        6) Ezri Dax -
                        7) Kira -
                        8) Weyoun -
                        9) Nog -
                        10) Martok -
                        11) Sisko -
                        12) DuKat -
                        What a great and detailed list brother MB!. I love your choices and appreciate your explanations why. Bashir Garak and Quark all made my top 5 as well.

I agree about Bashir especially, the first 2 seasons he was barely noticeable, then TPTB must have realized what a gem they had in Siddig. His character was a joy to watch develop over the years. A lot of people really loved the buddy/buddy relationship Bashir and O'Brien shared (which I did as well), but for my money, I enjoyed watching the Bashir/Garak relationship much more.

Ezri was also a very likable and good character, she would have been a better choice to play the Dax character from the beginning.

Nana Visitor and Armin Shimmerman get my vote as the best actors of the series with Avery Brooks, Jeffrey Combs, Marc Alaimo and Michael Dorn giving brilliant performances throughout the series. - I also agree with you about Martok, he made my top 10 list even though he was a part time character. Definitely the best Klingon character from any Trek series or movie!. Weyoun is another part time character that made my top 10 favorites list. - Odo, O'Brien and DuKat were all a pure pleasure to watch and follow, Colm Meany is such a great actor. - Nog never really impressed me much the first couple times I watched the series in its entirety. But since re-watching it God knows how many times now, I have changed my mind completely about his character and Aron Eisenberg's portrayal, Nog is a great character.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Do you drive and own a vehicle brother DF?. I am starting to look for help at my business in San Francisco for the upcoming spring and summer.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I finally watched Emissary last night, man it was weird seeing Sisko with hair looking leaner than he did by the end of the series. I had forgotten just how great an episode Emissary was to kick-off DS9....

And so the DS9 trek begins. The highly ambitious two-hour pilot for Deep Space Nine brings a discontented Commander Benjamin Sisko to a post of diplomacy where he must prepare a damaged Bajor for entry into the Federation. The drama of all the various characters' introductions is superbly handled, introducing many of their motives, beliefs, problems, and internal conflicts with skill and depth. The premise is interesting and large in canvas, promising to show the long-term consequences of a static setting facing sweeping change, as the Bajorans' rebuild their Cardassian-destroyed world. The differing agendas between Starfleet and Bajor open many possibilities for conflicts of interests between Sisko and Kira, (they sure argued a lot with each other early on). The technical credits are impressive, including a gripping opening sequence depicting the Borg attack on Wolf 359, and an impressive array of sets for the Cardassian space station. The second half of the pilot, which documents Sisko and Dax's discovery of the wormhole, and Sisko's communication with the wormhole inhabitants, grows a bit repetitive, but it remains intriguing, making vivid points about the nature of existence. Meanwhile, Kira shows respectable strength and leadership in fending off a group of threatening Cardassians at the station with limited resources. Bookended by scenes between Sisko and Picard, the drama goes full circle as Sisko finally comes to terms with his past and prepares for the future as a builder and also as the Emissary within Bajoran mythology. As the foundation for the series to follow, "Emissary" is excellent drama, withe sophisticated themes than The Next Generation.
                          Yes, I have my own car. I love taking it up to classes in Petaluma.

"Emissary" is the episode where Sisko's wife is killed, right?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep Jennifer Sisko

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                              1) Bashir -
                              2) Quark -
                              3) Garak -
                              4) O'Brien -
                              5) Odo -
                              6) Ezri Dax -
                              7) Kira -
                              8) Weyoun -
                              9) Nog -
                              10) Martok -
                              11) Sisko -
                              12) DuKat -
                              Great list MB.Eddie, like brother Fifth stated, "nicely detailed". Here is latest list.....
                              1] Garak --- you never knew what he was thinking no matter how he acted, a very deep and unique character.
                              2] Bashir --- not much in the early seasons but by season 5 he was the best
                              3] Kira --- IMHO the best actor on the show
                              4] Sisko --- he came across as flawed and very realistic, great character!
                              5] Quark --- what's not to love
                              6] Worf --- much better on DS9 than he was on TNG
                              7] Weyoun & Brunt --- Combs is must see television
                              8] Odo --- couldn't stand him at frist but grew to love his character
                              9] O'Brien --- again, much better on DS9 than he was on TNG
                              10] Jadzia --- the beautiful Terry Ferrell

I also loved Martok, Morn, Damar, DuKat, Jake, Nog, and even Ezri Dax

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                              Agreed HG! Martok overtook Worf as my favourite Klingon. He was the perfect person to lead the Klingon Empire as he never ever sought power and had it thrust upon him. For me, that's the type of character you'd want as a leader.
                              Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
                              Glad to see Martok on that list MB Eddie! He is by far my favorite Klingon character ever. JG Hertzler did a great job with that character, and made me believe Martok is the right man to lead the Empire.
                              Major props to the mighty General/Chancellor Martok. Worf is still #1 in my book of Klingon's, but Martok is a very close second.

I would have loved to seen a Star Trek movie done following the adventures of Worf and Martok leading the Klingon empire. There are a handful of very good novels that follow Martok all the way up until his untimely demise.

Comment

I finally got around to rewatching Emissary myself. Great episode and a great way to kick off the best damned written show in Trek history. DS9 has it all. - Memorable lines, lovable characters and a great storyline. A slight cut above TNG - which is another truly brilliant series.......

This is definitely one of the best pilots for a Star Trek series. A lot of the actors played their roles perfectly right from the start, especially Alexander Siddig (Dr. Julian Bashir). I absolutely loved Dr. Bashir right from the start, and he has definitely always been my favorite character from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and my favorite good guy character out of all of the main characters from Star Trek as a whole. My only complaint about this episode is the sequences with the wormhole aliens. Those parts were just both weird and obnoxious. They could have have done that differently. All in all, I thought that this episode was very well done with it being the first episode of a series.
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X