Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    I do as well Lady Linda (List's Rock!) Great choices by the way.

I will have to think it for a couple days before I post any of my "best" and "worst" list's.
    LOL. When I first watched DS9 during it original airing back in the 90's I never cared that much for Shakaar myself. Not that I hated him like yourself LOL, I just thought he was very boring and somewhat out of place in the various storylines he appeared in.

But eventually I grew to not dis-like his character that much (as you noticed I carefully stated that I never grew to like his character) He was invloved in a handful of very good episodes.

My problem is that I liked Kira and he made her....suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      My problem is that I liked Kira and he made her....suck.
      Yeah, I like Kira too (my fave character ), but I didn't like the way she treated Odo. I know she didn't know how he felt about her but she could have been a little more subtle when she was with Shakaar and not shove it in Odo's face. (yes I know she didn't know his feelings...But come on, she must have had some inkling of them Is anyone really that blind?) She could at least have shown up for their meetings on time Well not to worry, everything worked out in the end Well except for odo leaving to help his people
      sigpic

Comment

I actually liked the way Kira treated Odo. Yes she was a little cruel and oblivious to Odo and his feelings. But that is how the world works. If anything I pride DS9 on its realism. Well as realastic as you can get for a base set in space

Speaking of DS9 I watched The Homecoming, The Circle, and The Siege the other day. Despite beliving DS9 didn't find its ground until the Dominion was revealed this is a good arc that really helps define who the Bajoran people are. It was important iin the beginning to define who the Bajorans are.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Have to agree with the usually misguided jelgate here

I don't think it reflected bad on Kira's character - this is the world. You can't always love those who love you (and yes, eventually they came together, but it was a long time where he was in love with her and she just didn't see look twice in his direction). It doesn't make her evil, it just makes her character more human Bajoran.

And it;s exactly that humanity in her that make her one of the best characters of DS9.
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

You guys make some very good points, yes even you Jel

Sometimes you can't see what's right in front of your face. A lot of the times they are the last to know when someone has feelings for them.

One thing I can't fault them for is the way they developed the Odo/Kira relationship from start to finish. One of the best developed relationships on TV. A lot of others could take a lesson or two on how to develop relationships properly from DS9 *cough* SGA *cough*

Even though I was never a O'Brien/Keiko or Sisko/Cassidy shipper, even they got some nice development over the years, and I was never really bothered by it. At least it didn't take over the show
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I actually liked the way Kira treated Odo. Yes she was a little cruel and oblivious to Odo and his feelings. But that is how the world works. If anything I pride DS9 on its realism. Well as realastic as you can get for a base set in space

Speaking of DS9 I watched The Homecoming, The Circle, and The Siege the other day. Despite beliving DS9 didn't find its ground until the Dominion was revealed this is a good arc that really helps define who the Bajoran people are. It was important iin the beginning to define who the Bajorans are.
              I think it's more Odo's fault.
              When you lock up your feelings people don't expect that you are cable of anything but annoyance, and frustration. How was Kira to know...an Odd change of behavior is supposed to signal his intentions?

Lots of misunderstandings happen with those signals.
              He needed to say something.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                I think it's more Odo's fault.
                When you lock up your feelings people don't expect that you are cable of anything but annoyance, and frustration. How was Kira to know...an Odd change of behavior is supposed to signal his intentions?

Lots of misunderstandings happen with those signals.
                He needed to say something.
                A lot of people find it hard to show their emotions. It's not as easy as some people think for some of us to show our emotions. I can understand why Odo was reluctant. I too find it difficult to show my emotions in real life
                sigpic

Comment

So last night I had my brother and sisinlaw over to have pizza, pringles, popcorn, and the Star Trek movie.

...it was great. But now I need to watch it with commentary too. (I won't inflict that on anyone else though.)

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    Huh... I started getting teary eyed 25 minutes in, and by the end I could barely see anymore!

Loved it though
                    I wanted to love it...but didn't really, which is causing part of my sadness...I think I need to rewatch it before making a final judgment.

Comment

Great lists everyone. Gotta think about this myself. Hmmmmm....
                      Everything from here on just reflects my personal opinion

My favorite movies of the decade (aside from the first two in no particular order)

Lord of the Ring - trilogy
                      Let the right one in (orig. Låt den rätte komma in)
                      The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
                      Gladiator
                      Iron Man
                      I am Legend
                      The Dark Knight
                      X-Men Origins - Wolverine

My favorite TV shows of the decade (again no particular order)

Supernatural (now who would have guessed THAT answer from me? )
                      Stargate SG1
                      Stargate Atlantis (the earlier seasons)
                      Dead Like Me
                      Farscape
                      Being Human
                      Whose line is it anyway? (US)

Fill in a lot of very interesting documentations on various subjects like history, nature and science.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                      Spoiler:
                      Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                      You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                        Happy Belated New Year! I'm rather envious of all you lucky individuals who received sci-fi gifts for Christmas. I didn't get any, though maybe I'll get something for my birthday. *crosses fingers* But really, life is getting in the way of my sci-fi hobby, with my apartment being robbed while I was on Christmas vacation, trying to find a new place to live because of my security concerns, and waiting to see if my job will be cut at work. Man, I wish Odo lived in my neighborhood right about now.
                        I did catch up on DW yesterday. I still haven't decided what to think of it, other than I'm very sad.
                        Sorry to hear about your place. I hope you find somewhere safer.
                        I have to watch the 2nd DW special tonight... I fear I may shed a tear.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          A lot of people find it hard to show their emotions. It's not as easy as some people think for some of us to show our emotions. I can understand why Odo was reluctant. I too find it difficult to show my emotions in real life
                          I want to say realism again. Odo was solitary person. A person who kept to himself. More often then not those kind of people have trouble expressing their thoughts or feelings. So as sad it is this was very realastic for Odo. Even the station gossip (Jadzia) didn't know how Odo thought about Kira. So it was so realastic
                          Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                          Sorry to hear about your place. I hope you find somewhere safer.
                          I have to watch the 2nd DW special tonight... I fear I may shed a tear.
                          A tear of pity?
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

A tear of pity for those who don't enjoy David Tennant as the Doctor or Doctor Who in general.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

My time is valuable. I don't have time for bad TV
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I want to say realism again. Odo was solitary person. A person who kept to himself. More often then not those kind of people have trouble expressing their thoughts or feelings. So as sad it is this was very realastic for Odo. Even the station gossip (Jadzia) didn't know how Odo thought about Kira. So it was so realastic
                                I agree and well said brother jelgate. It didn't help that Kira was very private herself.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X