Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    The Ent D ran on isolinear chips and we still got Moriarty, Fifth.
    But Dr. Moriaty was specifically programed to be intelligent enough to defeat Data and he was being run and stored in a Galaxy class ship's computer core, so even if it was using a more primitive processing technology, I would have to imagine that the Enterprise computers were probably more powerful than Voyager's.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
      I seem to remember B'Elanna or 7 of 9 talking about how the Gel Packs were able to process information fast enough to give the Dr. sentient/human like characteristics and traits in one of those typical technobabble heavy VOY episodes where the EMH's program was on the fritz (there quite a few of those episodes).
      Ah yes the reason TNG and VOY were never to DS9 quality. The two former shows were way too saturated with technobabble.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

So, I'm getting terribly close to the end of DS9...

Cardassia has just rebelled against the Dominion, we're on to the last Weyoun and Kai Winn has gone over to the Dark Side. I felt like shouting "It's Dukat!! Can't you hear it?!" Can't quite remember exactly what happens next, which is fun.

...also got past the Ezri/Worf stuff that I could have lived without...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Ah yes the reason TNG and VOY were never to DS9 quality. The two former shows were way too saturated with technobabble.
          Technobabble makes my head hurt
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            It because you have to think isn't it?
            Originally posted by Alder View Post

Cardassia has just rebelled against the Dominion, we're on to the last Weyoun and Kai Winn has gone over to the Dark Side. I felt like shouting "It's Dukat!! Can't you hear it?!" Can't quite remember exactly what happens next, which is fun.

Kai Winn will redeem herself in the end. I won't say what just that you never know what side she is on. Just make sure you are really paying in What You Leave Behind.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It because you have to think isn't it?
              Well...That might have something to do with it
              sigpic

Comment

And you didn't come to visit me
                Sorry, I spent all my time on the east side of the state. I wanted to go to the Star Trek exhibit at the Detroit Science Center, but I didn't go to the Detroit area. Bummer. On the upside, I didn't have to go to Detroit, which I consider a pit.

Has anyone here ever seen a Trek travelling exhibit?

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                Another Indiana resident! Hello neighbor! I tend to go to New England for my vacations... I am from Maine originally and need to see the ocean every so often....!
                What can i say... I like big bulked up guys! oh the kids in the originals were such bad actors...
                If you live in Indy, we are kinda neighbors. I'm within a couple hours drive.

The kids and pretty much everything in the original were bad. What is driving this obsessive remake craze? Especially of stuff that shouldn't have been made originally.

Comment

The Ent D ran on isolinear chips and we still got Moriarty, Fifth. And even when running on other non-Federation systems, The Doctor was still The Doctor.
                  Whatever, I'm not arguing that - I'm just remembering a specific conversation where it was mentioned that the Gel Paks helped to make it possible for the Dr. to be a better more human hologram (If memory serves me right it was B'Elana or 7 that mentioned it). As you well know brother nx - Star Trek (like all scifi shows), especially TNG and VOY are full of continuity problems and inconsistencies with there storylines. What one series had, especially technology wise, might not exactly be what was on another series.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                    Sorry, I spent all my time on the east side of the state. I wanted to go to the Star Trek exhibit at the Detroit Science Center, but I didn't go to the Detroit area. Bummer. On the upside, I didn't have to go to Detroit, which I consider a pit.

Has anyone here ever seen a Trek travelling exhibit?
                    Detriot is a dump. I blame it for everything that is wrong with the state. However it was quite humorous when the mayor of Detriot was placed under house arrest.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

What I meant was that the hologram is always as intelligent as the plot dictates, just like the ship always warps at the speed of plot.
                      Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                      But Dr. Moriaty was specifically programed to be intelligent enough to defeat Data and he was being run and stored in a Galaxy class ship's computer core, so even if it was using a more primitive processing technology, I would have to imagine that the Enterprise computers were probably more powerful than Voyager's.
                      I'm guessing Voyager's probably got a faster computer, or at least one that thinks it's faster. Damn biological parts.
                      Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      I love technobabble! Especially when the technobabble is used correctly in-universe on multiple occasions.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

You could also argue Voyager being newer then the Enterprise D it has a more efficent computer. Look at how fast modern computer become out of date
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post

That is so kewl Lady Alder. At least they didn't dwell on the Ezri/Worf awkwardness to much. We got to see a side of Worf that was pretty nice when he finally let Dax go by accepting Ezri as a colleague and friend. Over-all and IMHO - the writers get kudo's for how they integrated Ezri in to the storyline surrounding the tragic circumstances in which she arrived.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

You could also argue Voyager being newer then the Enterprise D it has a more efficent computer. Look at how fast modern computer become out of date
                            Or voyager is like the Netbook of the Trek-verse--does what it sets out to do, but don't expect the same level of performance as you'd get from something more powerful

I do think the idea of bioneural gelpacks is actually a pretty cool one though.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

What I meant was that the hologram is always as intelligent as the plot dictates, just like the ship always warps at the speed of plot.
                              I hear ya. The writers will take something like the Gel Packs, and they will exaggerate the usefulness or the power of said item to emphasize what ever storyline or point there trying to get across on a particular episode. And then later on down the line the 'exaggerated point' they made in an earlier episode seems to be changed, or less important, or it never existed at all.

When you re-watch as much Star Trek as I embarrasingly have, you see these inconsistencies all the time (especially on VOY and TNG).
                              Originally posted by nx01a
                              I'm guessing Voyager's probably got a faster computer, or at least one that thinks it's faster. Damn biological parts.
                              The Gel Packs didn't just speed things up - they also supposedly made Voyager's computer think and reason more like how a humans brain would instead of just using numbers and calculations like normal computers do. The Gel Packs helped the computer think out the box so to speak. I have re-watched enough VOY to remember them talking about that particular detail as well.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

All the bio-neural gel pack info we could ever want!
                                And because I can't resist...
                                It's great when they begin a show and then remember to end it the same way.
                                Last edited by nx01a; 21 August 2009, 03:21 PM.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X