Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
    Thanks , I just finished watching 'Tears of the Prophets' yesterday so I watched 'Image in the Sand', great episode but I have to change the settings on my tv as the picture was very grainy.
    That graininess is actually the way they filmed it on purpose (not on all the episodes, but with quite a few, especially those episodes where they showed DS9 as Terok Nor). They wanted to create a noir look and feel to the series, that's why we quite often see graininess and low lighting. It kind of bothered me when I first started rewatching the series through my DVD's, but it really does add to the ambiance and feel of the whole show.
    Originally posted by SpinningChevron
    Do you think I should watch the extras now or finish watching the episodes first?
    I'm with brother nx - definitely wait until after your done before watching the special features (they are well worth the time to view them)
    The USS Defiant Rocks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by SpinningChevron View Post
      I think thats what i'll do, I normally dont even watch extras but for DS9 i'll make an exception.
      Extras are usually something I watch only after I've watched something a certain number of times. The DS9 extras were great actually, as the cast members, even the secondary cast like Jeffrey Combs, were wonderful to watch in interviews. The one thing I really would have liked are blooper reels. The ones for Babylon 5 were hilarious and I was disappointed to find that there were none for DS9.

Originally posted by rien View Post
      The crew dossiers are good quite lengthy interviews with the actors that reveal a lot about the characters, series, background info etcetera. Definetly worth watching cant recall whose crew dossier is on series 7 i think there is two and one is Ezri?
      Yepper, Ezri is one of them.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post

Only if you have Region 2 DVDs. Or if you search YouTube

Region 1 only have the Siskos
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          Extras are usually something I watch only after I've watched something a certain number of times. The DS9 extras were great actually, as the cast members, even the secondary cast like Jeffrey Combs, were wonderful to watch in interviews. The one thing I really would have liked are blooper reels. The ones for Babylon 5 were hilarious and I was disappointed to find that there were none for DS9.

The DS9 extras are great unfortunately for me DS9 was the first series i ever collected on dvd so the DS9 extras were the first extras i ever saw and provided the standard by which i judge the extras of other series that i have collected since then. Very few have managed to meet the high standard of the DS9 extras.

Not sure but i think the Ezri one is not as long as the other crew dossiers as she was only there for the final year unfortunately. My favourite is the Kira one cause she is just so enthusiastic about her character and mainly focuses on the development of Kira over the series. I like her assesment that by the end Kira has as a character explored every angle and come full circle.
          Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

This made me smile... then feel a bit sad.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
              The DS9 extras are great unfortunately for me DS9 was the first series i ever collected on dvd so the DS9 extras were the first extras i ever saw and provided the standard by which i judge the extras of other series that i have collected since then. Very few have managed to meet the high standard of the DS9 extras.

Not sure but i think the Ezri one is not as long as the other crew dossiers as she was only there for the final year unfortunately. My favourite is the Kira one cause she is just so enthusiastic about her character and mainly focuses on the development of Kira over the series. I like her assesment that by the end Kira has as a character explored every angle and come full circle.
              I also liked the Kira dossier the best, basically because Nana Visitor's assessment of Kira was so correct. She started off as a resistance fighter then came to DS9 full of fire. Her faith and as well as her experiences on DS9 with the crew changed her, made her a bit more relaxed and at ease with who she was—especially with finding love in Odo. But the end of the Dominion War brought her back to her roots as a more savvy and determined fighter but with one difference. This time she wasn't the little girl fighting Cardassians. She was an incredibly strong leader than even Damar respected. It was very fitting that she finally became the commanding officer of DS9. She really earned it.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
              Spoiler:
              Imaginative. Definitely not what I was expecting.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                Spoiler:
                I'm guessing that's right before Picard went back to 2008 and shot JJ Abrams, Roberto Orci, and Alex Kurtzman with a tommy gun.

Comment

Sounds like something Roddenberry might come back from the dead to do. That said, I did enjoy ST09 too.
                  sigpic

Comment

See the problem with that video is that it shoots down any hope of the Kelvin itself existing in an alternate Trek reality hence making the Abramsverse an alternate alternate reality.

Comment

i loved watching DS9, sisko was my favourite character though i wasn't happy with how they left him, i would have liked to see him come back and be with Cassidy living on bajor in the house he wanted to build there.

Comment

Originally posted by tealcvala View Post
                        i loved watching DS9, sisko was my favourite character though i wasn't happy with how they left him, i would have liked to see him come back and be with Cassidy living on bajor in the house he wanted to build there.
                        Hi there tealcvala, thank's for stopping by and joining the discussion. I too love the Benjamin Sisko character (my favorite from DS9 as well). It would have been nice to get a different type of closure instead of Sisko joining the Celestial Temple -

FYI: They did plan on bringing Sisko back (making him corporeal again) if an 8th season was green-lighted (Ronald D Moore and the other writers had mapped out what a post Dominion War season of DS9 would have looked like for TPTB with Paramount) - but Paramount wanted to extend the war another season instead of focusing an entire season on post-war politics and other Alpha Quadrant "comings and goings". RDM told us at a Trek convention in 2001 that they had planned on ending the series (end of season 8) by Sisko leaving his Prophet brethren to become corporeal and re-join Kassidy and Jake to live on Bajor. To bad we never saw that.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Welcome to the Trek side of the Stargate, tealcvala (I like the name rolls off the tongue)

Comment

I wanted to save post number 9,000 for this thread.

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                            See the problem with that video is that it shoots down any hope of the Kelvin itself existing in an alternate Trek reality hence making the Abramsverse an alternate alternate reality.
                            Ah, temporal mechanics. It gives me a bigger headache than it did O'Brien in Visionary.

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                            Hi there tealcvala, thank's for stopping by and joining the discussion. I too love the Benjamin Sisko character (my favorite from DS9 as well). It would have been nice to get a different type of closure instead of Sisko joining the Celestial Temple -

FYI: They did plan on bringing Sisko back (making him corporeal again) if an 8th season was green-lighted (Ronald D Moore and the other writers had mapped out what a post Dominion War season of DS9 would have looked like for TPTB with Paramount) - but Paramount wanted to extend the war another season instead of focusing an entire season on post-war politics and other Alpha Quadrant "comings and goings". RDM told us at a Trek convention in 2001 that they had planned on ending the series (end of season 8) by Sisko leaving his Prophet brethren to become corporeal and re-join Kassidy and Jake to live on Bajor. To bad we never saw that.
                            Here's my personal wish list if there had been an 8th season of Deep Space 9:
                            • Kai Opaka's return from the Gamma Quadrant. She did say that her pagh would meet with Sisko's again in the future.
                            • The birth of a new, better Cardassia with Garak at the forefront of the rebuilding process.
                            • Bajor becoming a full member of the Federation, thus fulfilling Sisko's original mission.
                            • Sisko, of course, returning to Bajor to celebrate some badly needed wedded bliss.
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree 1,000 times with Bajor. DS9 is not perfect and I always thought they faltered on is seeing Bajor enter the Federation. Plus it would have been nice to see Kira as a permanant commandar.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know, I kind of enjoyed that Bajor didn't 'join up' during the run of the show. It was certainly the goal of Sisko's original mission, and probably ought to have happened at the end of the series. But I really liked how it was such a disappointment for the characters when Sisko had to recommend they don't join the Federation, for their own safety. That was a hard choice for his character to have to make.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X