Masquerade (1014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    The one thing I can think of that would make sense Smallville style is if they have Zatanna put some kind of spell on those glasses & when Clark puts them on no one recognizes him besides the obvious select few
    That would be cool and make sense, or Jor-El could do something to the Supes suit currently in the Fortress.

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      The one thing I can think of that would make sense Smallville style is if they have Zatanna put some kind of spell on those glasses & when Clark puts them on no one recognizes him besides the obvious select few
      I've always thought the best thing to do is just rip off Dr. Who with some sort of technological based perception filter built into the glasses. The good thing about a perception filter is if you know something is there, it doesn't really have an effect on you so the casual person would ignore it, and those who know about it would see it. That way the glasses wouldn't have an effect on the people who already know the secret.

Best of all, it wouldn't mean changing his personality or how he acts, the perception filter would just cause people not to really pay much attention to him unlike the movies where Clark is just walked on by everyone.

sigpic

Comment

Clark has always been the disguise in mythology. For the most part we only ever see him as Superman in films etc and its easier to accept that Clark is the disguise for our hero. I just feel we have more of a connection to Clark in Smallville because we've watched him grow up from a young boy to a man. Its not like hes shrugging off his identity, the Clark we know is simply changing his name to Superman and hes creating this new character called Clark Kent to take over as his disguise.

Comment

Think this series created its own sort of twist on the Superman story, this Clark really is somewhat different from the Superman I watched as a kid and I'm sure from the comics and other places.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Maybe not for good. We will have to wait and see.
            If they do I hope they don't resolve it like they resolved the Doomsday fight. That was the most disappointing moment in the entire series.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
              Clark has always been the disguise in mythology. For the most part we only ever see him as Superman in films etc and its easier to accept that Clark is the disguise for our hero. I just feel we have more of a connection to Clark in Smallville because we've watched him grow up from a young boy to a man. Its not like hes shrugging off his identity, the Clark we know is simply changing his name to Superman and hes creating this new character called Clark Kent to take over as his disguise.
              TV and film tends to have it's own version of the secret identity. In the films, they have the budget to show Superman doing 2 hours of superhero stuff plus the audience expects to see Superman rather than Clark Kent: The Movie and Clark is pretty much used to interact with characters like Lois and others at the Daily Planet.

On a TV budget they can't do that, so a lot of focus is on Clark with a few appearance from Superman. Smallville was pretty much the same, focus on Clark and once or twice during the episode you focus on him being a hero (towards the end) with maybe a bit of power use early on. I know Smallville would eventually have to tackle the issue but to completely disregard his identity as Clark as a disguise without properly becoming a public hero (in the sense that people know his face) seems wrong to me. So does his believe that he's always been the Blur, when he wouldn't have been the Blur without being Clark Kent first.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X