• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cure (704)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON SEVEN
    CURE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 704

A doctor claims to have developed a treatment for meteor-infected people, leading Chloe to seek his services -- not knowing that he is also harvesting their organs. Kara seeks Jimmy's help to find her lost crystal, and butts heads with one of Clark's allies. Chloe and Jimmy reach another crossroads in their relationship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:11 PM.

I expected more on the cure and the bee girl, though it's nice to see an old meteor freak every so often, even if the outcome is ... well ... not so good. But wow, I loved the Dean Cain vs Tom Welling thing. Haha, it wouldn't be so cool if the doctor's character wasn't so special.

Not at all pleased with how Jimmy acted at the end. What an idiot, the first hint of something wrong, and he's immediately rejecting fate. *headdeskheaddesk*

Back in the day, I was a Clana fan but now... it seems fake. I wonder if Lana isn't watching Lex because she's become STALKERWOMAN, not at all surprising given that she's now hanging out with STALKERMAN.

Comment

A good episode, but it really did have its flaws.... mostly with Jimmy. I can understand him being upset with Chloe taking a rain check, but HE was the one who told her to continue persuing Meteor freaks. Hypocrite.

Dean Cain was awesome. I didn't see much of Lois and Clark since I was so young when it aired, but man do he and Tom look alike-- they sound alike, too, which was really amazing.
      He also made a very convincing villain and although he's not a comic book character, I really got a DC villain feel from him.

Kudos to Allison Mack, too, who once again delivers an awesome performance.

This season's really picking up the pieces from Season 6. Feels like SMALLVILLE again, instead of the Lana Show.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Chloe was indeed great, as usual. And, as usual, I felt sorry for her at episode's end.

Dean Cain's guest appearance was really awesome. He did a great job playing the bad guy, and it was nice to finally see him on the show.

And Lana, what can I really say about her? Boy has she changed. Definitely gone down a dark road, one that even Clark may not be able to save her from.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ok just one thing - what's all this BS about dr.knox or whatever being immortal ? even the martian manhunter said he couldn't be killed !? I can understand "immortal" in the sense "biologically immortal" ie. never grows old, even kryptonians are supposed to be biologically immortal, but every living thing in the show, even the toughest (kryptonians & their equivalents) can be killed in some way even if it takes force of cosmic proportions - so what's the deal with dr.knox's immortality - true immortality ? WTF ? does this mean that even if he's beheaded, incinerated, disintegrated into million pieces he'll still survive ? is he supposed to be a mystical being or something ? that would be a first in the show -
          I knew smallville dealt with sci-fi, but fantasy ? seriously. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            ok just one thing - what's all this BS about dr.knox or whatever being immortal ? even the martian manhunter said he couldn't be killed !? I can understand "immortal" in the sense "biologically immortal" ie. never grows old, even kryptonians are supposed to be biologically immortal, but every living thing in the show, even the toughest (kryptonians & their equivalents) can be killed in some way even if it takes force of cosmic proportions - so what's the deal with dr.knox's immortality - true immortality ? WTF ? does this mean that even if he's beheaded, incinerated, disintegrated into million pieces he'll still survive ? is he supposed to be a mystical being or something ? that would be a first in the show -
            I knew smallville dealt with sci-fi, but fantasy ? seriously. lol
            Seems that way but then again the manhunter didn't say what he did to him, he could've killed him somehow, thrown him into the sun maybe?

A good episode anyway, not as good as the last few imo, I'm just not buying the jimmy/Kara thing, seems a little forced in there for no real reason to it. Was a little disappointed by Kara having to leave the farm at the end, means we won't see her for a few eps and not seeing someone that hot every episode is a real downer .

Comment

How long as dr knox really been around, he does say crusades but they didnt go much into it, how and why hes immortal.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                Seems that way but then again the manhunter didn't say what he did to him, he could've killed him somehow, thrown him into the sun maybe?
                yeah but MM clearly said knox couldn't be killed, and that's the first time in the show this has been said about someone

that's all the more odd than this guy can be injured in fact he doesn't appear more durable than the regular human - now if he were near-invulnerable like superman or capt. marvel or the silver surfer or something this would be more credible, but an ordinary human who can't be killed ? c'mon -
                knox can be injured like any human which means that eg. superman can disintegrate him with his heat-vision, if so will knox somehow reassemble himself T-1000-style ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  yeah but MM clearly said knox couldn't be killed, and that's the first time in the show this has been said about someone

that's all the more odd than this guy can be injured in fact he doesn't appear more durable than the regular human - now if he were near-invulnerable like superman or capt. marvel or the silver surfer or something this would be more credible, but an ordinary human who can't be killed ? c'mon -
                  knox can be injured like any human which means that eg. superman can disintegrate him with his heat-vision, if so will knox somehow reassemble himself T-1000-style ?
                  He doesn't need to be invulnerable to be immortal, just have amazing regenerative powers, kind of like the hulk, one version of him only needs 1 cell to survive and he can regenerate, I imagine it's something like that.

Comment

yeah but hulk too was invulnerable (if he was pissed enough -)

1 cell ? well then superman can just blast him with his heat-vision @ full power & reduce him to his constituent molecules - try recovering from that

Comment

While it wasn't explicitly stated, I just assumed it was implied that Dr. Knox was really Vandal Savage. Heck, he even bore a slight resemblance towards the comic book character.

Comment

AM isn't that great, her character boring me and also her performance...

Still wll gave Clana a chance i guess.
                        SV is boring, that what i have to say
                        and Kristin Kreuk is again BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Originally posted by redknight View Post
                          How long as dr knox really been around, he does say crusades but they didnt go much into it, how and why hes immortal.
                          At present, in DC universe, Savage is about 52,000 years old.

Full info on Vandal Savage here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandal_Savage

As for the episode, I'm happy to finally see Chloe and Jimmy break up (for good I hope), as Jimmy does not belong the show, I not to pleased about him appearing in the title sequence either.
                          Surprisingly Lana's return is better than I expected, I'm actually starting to like her character again, as she is slowly becoming more and more like the comic book version.
                          Dean Cain was brilliant and I want another appearance from him, I don't care what the manhunter did to him, I want him back and I want him with a beard.

Though two things have been bugging me. First, I miss Mrs. Kent, the farm feels really empty without her and second, what happened to Clark and Lana for that matter going to college.
                          http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

I'm pretty sure Clark decided he had better things to do, what with the Phantoms and all... but he isn't really doing much about them right now, so it's hard to say. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X