No announcement yet.

Fragments (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, if he's a werewolf then you can follow the train of thought that not all werewolves are 'made' from being bitten but that a boy and girl can have....a puppy

if the werewolf 'disease' alters your genes then it stands to reckon that it's a mutation that can be passed down through off springs
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      I was thinking this ep doesnt give you an Henry backstory and it doesnt fit with "Edward". In "Edward" Henry was doing some reading cos till then he had ignored what he was, but in "Fragments" he says that Rachel has been helping him understand who he is for the last 4 years....hmmm. Continuity anyone?

I want a really Henry backstory! Like when Magnus found him.
      Actually Henry said that he had worked with Rachel for 4 years and that she was helping him understand who he is; two separate things. Henry didn't say that Rachel had been helping him for 4 years to understand who he is, which is what you seem to be getting at. There's a difference, so no, I don't think it is a continuity problem.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Actually Henry said that he had worked with Rachel for 4 years and that she was helping him understand who he is; two separate things. Henry didn't say that Rachel had been helping him for 4 years to understand who he is, which is what you seem to be getting at. There's a difference, so no, I don't think it is a continuity problem.

You could be right. but thats what I got from what he said.
        Either way, it wasnt a backstory

Comment

i read the transcript for edward and i think i have an explanation

4 years ago Helen told Henry what he was and what he was likely to become. she said soemthing about finding him on the moors and she should have left him with his own kind. then he said 'maybe you should have, then i wouldn't miss being human'

and his wolfing out is less a werewolf and seems to be more a change. the reference is chrysalis and butterfly, so it's a transformation and not the monthly one.

so maybe 4 years ago he found out that he might transform, started to in s1, accepted who he was and who he might be

sigpic

Comment

Tried to post this last night but couldn't get in to go. Looking at it now I think it goes along with what Sky and others are saying. Excuse the rambling. It was written very late last night.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            His lineage? As in there were more of his kind/type/abnormality?

He resembled a 'wild child' of sorts in the brief flashback and if that was the case, then you'd think in groups that are quite primitive they would care for their own kind as has been done throughout the ages. They would stick together if that makes any sense. If he was seen as 'different' though due to his abnormality and an outcast within his own clan/flamily, then it would make sense that Magnus felt the need to protect him.
            In looking at Edward again I am thinking that Henry's abnormality was inherited (as was Edwards) and that maybe Sky is right about the "puppy" thing. It's possible that Henry's parents were killed and that left him an orphan. Magnus may not have trusted the rest of the pack to take care of him. If he came from a pack of human/werewolf abnormals then the possibility exists that they may have been a bit on the wild side (living on the moors and away from society) so it could be possible that they may have turned on him as a weak link in the pack. This does happen in nature so again, maybe Helen didn't trust his own to do right by him.

Another thing that leads me to believe that his pack/clan were on the wild side is that Henry said (in Edward) that if Helen hadn't taken him in "at least that way I wouldn't miss being human".

Another observation in Edward that connects to this episode is that Henry tells Helen that he has been ignoring this part of him ever since she took him in and was hoping that he would never have to deal with it so maybe (with TV time being different from real time ) this explains the 4 year thing?

Done rambling.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              well, if he's a werewolf then you can follow the train of thought that not all werewolves are 'made' from being bitten but that a boy and girl can have....a puppy

if the werewolf 'disease' alters your genes then it stands to reckon that it's a mutation that can be passed down through off springs
              Somehow that's what I always thought. (Though the puppy thing is a cute image I hadn't thought of. ) In my mind I was thinking (werewolf child) Henry was orphaned or something and Helen took him home with her. "to be raised by your own kind" I interpreted as by your own werewolf people.
              But that's just me. (we really need Sanctuary icons )

Comment

yeah, i think henry was different.

he's a 'class 9 hyper accelerated protean life form' with a 'mutative stress trigger' (ie he morphs when he's stressed/upset)

I have this image of a young abnormal found alone. either helen didn't trust his kind, didn't know where they were, she took him home adn raised him. and she raised him as a human child, not a protean life form.

I'm wondering, giving the time, if Helen adopted him, and it awakened her maternal instinct and that prompted her to have Ashley (the ages woudl be about right i think)

I think, about 4 years ago, Henry had the first glimpses of what he could be, maybe had his first partial transformation, and he tried to quell it ever since, talking to the doctor. but finally, biology won out over his preferences and he finally had to admit what he was and could be.

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. I liked seeing all the tech that they had, from the modern medical stuff to the items they have built themselves. The 3D scanner was realy good, advanced technology but build in the victorian style.

I liked Will playing detective again, it can get boring when they all do essentially the same thing each week.

It did seem a bit scattered in places, like when Helen asked Biggie if he had his medicine bag at the beginning and asked him to keep it handy. Then they use it, seemingly very reluctantly to save Rachel. What was that all about? What was the risk in using his medicine I wonder?

I wonder what they did with Gerald? They can turn him over to the police, especially if Rachel where willing to testify against him but they wouldn't be able to keep him from blabbing. I can't see that Helen would be willing to imprison him herself in the Sanctuary despite what he did to them all.

I liked Jack, the noises he made were cute.
                  sigpic

Comment

I rather enjoyed this episode actually. A bit less dark after the opening episodes, some detective work, and even a glimpse of the greater Sanctuary network - even if it was a glimpse of something going wrong!

I do wish that there'd been a bit of backstory laid in about Henry and Rachel, a line or two in previous episodes. Like Henry handing Helen a folder and saying, "that's the latest research from Rachel and Gerald on the Pleskie". (Or whatever it was called.) And Henry talking about being at the movies or for dinner with Rachel. Something to set it up a bit, and show that she really had some importance in his life, as opposed to 'here's this really close friend that I've never mentioned before'. [It's a common thing, mind you. I remember CSI:NY introduced a new medical examiner by having Mac wake up in bed with her at the start of a new season. The plotline was that she had worked with the team previously and had moved back, but it meant that they all treated her like one of their own immediately, but the viewer felt nothing for her at all.]

Anyway, I reckon that anyone who marries someone "because he was the one who asked" is probably too dumb for Henry. Hope he finds himself a smarter lass.

Comment

1. Liked the 3D hologram thing.

2. Gerald was seriously f-ked in the head. Thing is, I've been in Henry's "third wheel" position myself but for someone to get 'that' mad? Was it just because he was abnormal? Why did Gerald want anything to do with abnormals then?

3. Having said that, if I was in Henry's position I wouldn't have turned down Rachel's offer...scratch that, I wouldn't put that sort of stupidity past me, but I'm still not exactly sure why he turned her down.

4. Definately liked the rivalry between Will and Kate though. There are still moments where I'm bummed about Ashley being written out but Kate's slowly creating her own niche.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

After re-watching 'Fragments' for the 3rd time with my sister, who's officially been corrupted into a Sanctuary fan, I noticed something.

The Pleskie is named "Jack", and then I thought "wait a minute, he's named Jack. wonder if there's any connection with Jack the Ripper (aka Druitt)?" And Rachel had injuries to her abdomen, like many of the Ripper's victims. There's also the issue of the fungus causing the Pleskie to become aggressive and attack Rachel, and Druitt started to kill women after he was injected with the sanguine vampiris serum.

I'm still not 100% convinced that Henry had romantic feelings for Rachel. I think she was more a friend, and the romantic angle didn't occur to him, which is why he turned Rachel down. Though I think he's still afraid to connect to someone romantically due to his werewolf side.

Comment

Originally posted by BigHonkinSpaceGun View Post
                          After re-watching 'Fragments' for the 3rd time with my sister, who's officially been corrupted into a Sanctuary fan, I noticed something.

The Pleskie is named "Jack", and then I thought "wait a minute, he's named Jack. wonder if there's any connection with Jack the Ripper (aka Druitt)?" And Rachel had injuries to her abdomen, like many of the Ripper's victims. There's also the issue of the fungus causing the Pleskie to become aggressive and attack Rachel, and Druitt started to kill women after he was injected with the sanguine vampiris serum.

I'm still not 100% convinced that Henry had romantic feelings for Rachel. I think she was more a friend, and the romantic angle didn't occur to him, which is why he turned Rachel down. Though I think he's still afraid to connect to someone romantically due to his werewolf side.
                          1. Very good! Corrupt as many as possible!

2. Hmmm. Writers...plagiarize thy selves? Actually it is an interesting observation whether they intended it or not.
                          3. Ah Henry! A mystery wrapped up in an enigma.
                          Last edited by wine_buyer; 15 January 2010, 09:45 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

My thought that the Pleskies name was another SG1 ref.
                            sigpic

Comment

Holy frak.

So, I'm behind and just watched this ep for the first time and I can now say without a doubt that Will and Henry are no longer at a dead-tie for my second favorite character.

I <3 Henry!!!!

After the premiere, I kind of felt like the episodes were lacking something. This one made up for all of that. It's been a long time since a TV show pulled that hard on my heartstrings. The lump in my throat started when Henry was talking with Rachel at the very end and didn't go away til the credits.

On that topic, WTF is up with that chick? When Henry asked why she married Gerald if she wasn't in love with him and she's like "Because he asked me."

Oh !!!!!!

That's like saying: "Why'd you jump off a cliff into a ravine of scorpions?" "Because he asked me to."

I actually thought this Henry romance would be cute until she proved what a dumba** chick she really is. I almost wish she had died, but then Henry would have been utterly crushed.

Comment

So, fragments. watched this one in two parts. In some ways, I really liked it. abby of the week with a twist. We get to see the inner workings of the sanctuary and how things run. On the other hand, well the Jack costume was a bit silly at times, so was Magnus' medicine....dramatic pauses in the middle of treament?

But I liked the character stuff. Clueless Henry that couldn't see he was best to just walk away. How there is a bit of an underground abnormal research community was nice to see.
                                all in all, not bad, not fantastic, but not too bad.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X