Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
    IIRC... Helen said she had gone to Honduras "10 years ago, not long after Ashley died." And Will said that Helen died "3 years ago." So she would have lived through 7 years of the virus taking over the world. I could be wrong, but I thought that's what they said.
    Originally posted by shel View Post
    Oh yes horrible chore (I guess thats a chore i've done a few times then)

I thought that it had been maybe 3-5 yrs since she had been killed. I doubt i'm right, but i was thinking maybe she lived through 1 to 2 years through the world ending around her. IDK
    Khentkawes is right. Will says Magnus died 3 years ago. And Magnus says it was 10 years ago, a little after Ash died.

But i'm guessing it took a bit longer till she figured out she was patient zero.
    ----

I dont think this ep is for adolecents only. I guess if you dont like end of the world stories, or plague stories you wouldnt like this ep. Its normal, we dont all like the same things. I happen to love zombie, plagues, end of the world stories and I'm 26.

But the ending was a bit iffy. this ep needed to be longer.

Comment

I'm 31 and i loved this episode and find the idea that some people think it was aimed at adolescents as laughable. I thought it was a well delivered and visually stunning episode. With the exception of hero sanctuary has delivered on the raw promise i saw in season 1. I just hope it continues to be the first series in a while to truly excite me.

Comment

I wasn't able to enjoy the episode because the transmission was crap, it kept futzing the sound and pixilating it! Grrr. I asw enough to know what was going on but it was too corrupted to enjoy it fully. I'v set the PVR to record the repeat episode so hopefully it will be better quality and I can see it properly.

I liked what I saw though. I would hope that the mist creature has more defenses as the vision wouldn't stop a lot of people from taking it, many would think that they would be able to contain the virus. I found it interesting that it was still guarding it and wouldn't allow the vial to be destroyed, maybe it knows that it might be needed in the future or that perhaps there is no way to destroy it without releasing it.

On the whole it was another excellent episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          I'm more of a Half Life gamer myself.
          *imagines Ash and Henry shooting up headcrabs and headcrab zombies*
          Ashley...
          You know, that scenario also went through my mind when I was watching I could picture Helen with a crowbar...

Really loved this episode. I wasn't at all expecting the revelation that she was patient zero, which was great.

And the shower scene... *shivers* Wow. Amazing acting.

Comment

Originally posted by KaKaCarter View Post
            I'm 31 and i loved this episode and find the idea that some people think it was aimed at adolescents as laughable. I thought it was a well delivered and visually stunning episode. With the exception of hero sanctuary has delivered on the raw promise i saw in season 1. I just hope it continues to be the first series in a while to truly excite me.
            I was not in any way meaning that people that like this episode means they are young kids with no taste. I am futher more not saying that the fan base from 13-21 should all be lumped into one mass group. EVERYONE is different. I just felt that alot of people here on gateworld are younger than me, thats all. That was the ONLY reason I stated my age, I KNOW for a fact that I do not like alot of what younger people like, but thats normal. Just as I do not care half the time for what some one 15 years my senior is going to like. I also stated my age because I was wondering if perhaps my age was why I did not like the show, but thanks everyone for lashing out! (please read that with some humor!)

Honestly this season is just not doing it for me. I watch last season because I loved the mystery and the abnormals. Along the way I got attached to Tesla and Ashely, also watson! (but hes dead! oh and so is ashley) So far the only abnormal eppy we have had was Hero and it was just ok. I am waiting for a Folding Man feel episode.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
              I was not in any way meaning that people that like this episode means they are young kids with no taste. I am futher more not saying that the fan base from 13-21 should all be lumped into one mass group. EVERYONE is different. I just felt that alot of people here on gateworld are younger than me, thats all. That was the ONLY reason I stated my age...
              And some, ahem, are...ahem...older...than you. I'm not a fan of zombies at all, but I thought these were pretty good.

As for Khent's point about it being slow--I thoughtit was a little at the beginning too. But I guess I was willing to go with the flow of the ep.

Comment

Originally posted by slurredspeech View Post
                IThat's... awfully presumptuous. I'm sorry, but not everyone who enjoyed this ep is 13, or has - juvenile? unrefined? easily entertained? - taste.
                Just as it would be unfair and horribly incorrect to assume everyone who didn't is a big mean meanie who, I don't know, hates AT and MW and secretly wishes their carreers to plummet.
                Well I'm 36 and I loved this ep

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i rewatched the ep... wow.

and the shower scene was *much* shorter than i remembered! but i think that's b/c when i first saw it, i was so blown away i was holding my breath or something. hehe.

amanda was won.der.ful!!!

the only thing i didn't care for were the zombies, but that's how they moved and walked around. but that was a small thing and i think the ep was great!!
                When that shower scene came on I was like.....WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING??? I was ready to jump into the TV and smack them one
                sigpic

Comment

Oh please I do not want MW and AT to fail. Then there would be no sanctuary at all. And yes I am sad that my favorite character is gone. I only mentioned the back drop because I was listening to the Commentary for the show and MW stated he did not want the show to be domniated by American stuff. Sorry you are taking all my feed back the way you are. (And no I am not being rude. I do not take this show that much to heart, I just like talking about how I feel about stuff.)

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                  Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                    Oh please I do not want MW and AT to fail. Then there would be no sanctuary at all. And yes I am sad that my favorite character is gone. I only mentioned the back drop because I was listening to the Commentary for the show and MW stated he did not want the show to be domniated by American stuff. Sorry you are taking all my feed back the way you are. (And no I am not being rude. I do not take this show that much to heart, I just like talking about how I feel about stuff.)
                    Oh please! Will you stop with your passive aggressive garbage. You expressed your opinion (multiple times) and others expressed theirs. Please extend the same courtesy to others that you are demanding for yourself.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                      You know, that scenario also went through my mind when I was watching I could picture Helen with a crowbar...
                      Ooooh!
                      -
                      And yeah, the shower scene was like half the length the second time I watched. Funny the tricks our minds play on us!
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        Ooooh!
                        -
                        And yeah, the shower scene was like half the length the second time I watched. Funny the tricks our minds play on us!

considering what we were seeing the first time. I thought it was longer the first time too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          considering what we were seeing the first time. I thought it was longer the first time too.
                          Sort of like how it takes you longer to get to someplace new the first time you go there. Your mind doesn't know what to expect, so each detail gets a bit of processing time in your brain. On the repeat, your brain knows it can skip over some stuff. Brains are fascinating!

I'm trying to decide if I want to do my "second viewing" tonight, or wait till tomorrow and run it right before the new episode. Hmmm.

Truly this show, for me, keeps getting better. Not perfect. Will's acting sometimes annoys me, and Kate is just too stereotypical for me so far, but hey...it's WAY more enjoyable than SGU right now.

Comment

Because this show has better effects and AT is brilliant. This eppy just proved that more and more.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Less View Post
                              \ Will's acting sometimes annoys me,
                              Will's getting better. In the begining I wasn't sure I would like he, now he an okay kinda guy.
                              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

He is getting better. exploring the dark, life not worth living, end of the world, will was a bit of a stretch, but he is getting better.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X