• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    Hee! Lemmings---> Lemons
    okay.

Spoiler:
    what?

Another thought I had was that, while I wished they could have spent a bit more time on Ashley being the reason for Helen going on that search, the whole future she saw can sort of been seen as a representation of her emotional state without Ashley. There's no sunshine, no hope, no meaning for why it's happening, and Helen bears the responsibility for starting it all.
    ooh, yeah...

But then at the end, standing in the sunshine with Will, I think Helen's come to terms with life without Ashley a bit more, and while she can't quite see the great day that Will does, it's still a not bad one.
    i agree, the scene was sentimental but sad. she's appreciating what she's still got... but i just can't see the hole ever being really filled.

so yeah, what you just said.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Me too.

Then I though about them losing so much. I tend to think the child was an accident, born out of grief. Wanted though. What a great name. Did anyone catch the middle name?

suse
      No, middle name was said... Magnus Zimmerman was all Will said..
      sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

kick asss episode. That hose down scene was like a kick in the face whoaaa!

RD what an amazing performance that should earn him a gemini or something!

10/10
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
          I think this ep just became one of my faves if not my fave. The start is so powerfull. The resolution is a bit iffy but I think thats cos its just 1 ep instead of a 2 part or an extended ep.
          Wouldnt that be great? if in the DVD it was like 60m
          And I love the fact that they used the looking for a cure for her longevity like Magnus was in the webis and mention Ash like they should.

The effects look awesome and the set look brilliant. RD was right seeing Magnus ofice like that...wow!

My only problem:
          It deserved more then 43 m. It had a lot of story that they could've shown.

Also it would've been an awesome ep for Ash dont you think?
          Just like Kush or Requiem.Shame.

On a side note: They were shooting the last scene when those girls did the road trip and meet AT, RD, MW and DK at the studio. Wonder what happen for them to be shooting a scene from ep 5 near the end of shooting.
          I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Last year Requiem was my fave, but now I'm not so sure. IMO, the first 5 eps have been awesome, and I'm already considering some of these es as my new fave. But the time this season is over I'm going to have a hard time choosing my new fave.

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
          I am not a huge Helen/Will ship because of the age difference and the mentor factor just makes it too cheesy. However I though it would be cool if Ashley and Will started to like eachother and see how Helen would react if he did something that made ashley mad. I am guessing that this could have been an Ashley/Will thing. The thought of Kate and him together caused me to throw up a little.
          I've also got an age limit, but you've got to admit for a 157 she looks HOT!!!

If you ask me she doesn't look a day over 44.

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
          Podcast is up already?

*checks podcast page*

Yes, yes it is!
          http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php
          Awesome, I'm really looking forward to hearing Amanda talk about that scene. Sally already told me the best times to listen, but I'll listen to it all anyway.

Originally posted by sandra-carter View Post
          Good:

I loved this ep, I was a little shocked when they took a hose to Magnus,
          Amanda Tapping was actually 10 stars, the reaction, and the fear in her face was very noticeable.

Amanda is something you could not do?absolutely brilliant, it's just a matter of time before she surprised me again.

I look forward to the episode "Veritas" will be a total revolution .... kisses
          This is the first time this season, maybe even in the entire show I've felt a huge level of fear for her, and I'm talking genuine fear.

Amanda sooooooooooooo deserves to win an award for 4 of the 5 episodes so far, and maybe she'll get an award nom for the episode she's directing. I'd love to see her win an award for directing, she's never got one before and it might prove to herself that she's award winning material both an actress and director.

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
          I'm with everyone about the shower scene. I can't believe I forgot to mention it in my first post! I think it was the screaming and the fighting that made it so powerful. I mean, of course she'd scream and fight, but because of how Amanda acted it, you could feel Helen's fear. You could feel that she believed they were going to rape her since, in her mind, there was no possible other reason to strip off her clothes like that. I sure believed it- and it was so powerful, I wasn't even thinking "Nah, they won't do that, there must be some other reason." I was totally caught up in what I was watching. Amanda amazes me!
          It was very affecting. Can you imagine how scared Helen was? In this case I didn't mind it.

Amanda knows nudity isn't the way to 'grow'. She doesn't do it. You only see parts of her skin. Yeah, the implication is there, but I seriously doubt the *she* was nude.

suse
          Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          First off, major bravos to Amanda! That scene was so scary. So intense.
          Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
          Wow... Awesome ep. The washing scene just chilled me to the bone (it just screamed rape at me *shudders*). Great opening sequence. The view of the city crumbled to pieces was very powerful.

~1300 screencaps for the ep (didn't have time to clear out the bad ones)

204 Pavor Nocturnus.zip
          And just ignore the fact that the file says 204, it should be 205.
          Originally posted by shel View Post
          WOW!!! An amazing ep, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

But wow, the shower scene was just so powerful. You could almost feel Helen's fear. Amanda gave an incrediable performance here! This scene just terrified me, it was mind-blowing!

Seriously Amanda should get so many awards for this ep!
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          the shower scene just goes to show how brutal and 'hard core' the world was.

things like modesty, politeness, decency, they're gone. all that matters is survival.

and you don't survive if you let infected people into your midst
          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          and i've got to say again, that shower scene was massively intense. i 'almost' made me feel like i wanted to cry, because it felt like a rape scene. and of course, amanda's fantastic acting made it all the more disturbing!
          the scene wasn't exploitive at all for me.

it was the directing, and amanda's incredible acting that made the scene personal and disturbingly intimate.

hmm, let's see; we've given amanda how many awards so far this season? 5 eps, and we've given her 4 awards already?
          OMG You all not only took the words out of my mouth, but you said it better than I could.

Let me tell you all something. The only hard thing, other than watching was hearing her scream like that, I could hear fear, and even a little sadness in her voice. Before they started hosing her down, I actually felt rape was a possibility. I can't even begin to imagine the fear that was going through her mind, being trapped alone in a dungeon, having her clothes ripped off, she must have been so scared, she may have also believed they'd kill her afterwards. But you know what, in a way it was like rape, it was every bit as disrespectful and degrading, but it was rape without the sex.

So overall watching her go through that and hearing her scream was the hardest part of that scene, and It was also just as hard to watch after they hosed her, because she was lying on the floor, wet, weak and didn't have any control. On her face, and in her voice throughout the whole thing you could hear fear, terror and some sadness and embarrassment for what was happening to her. Again it was just like rape with sex

Here's 2 caps, look at her face and tell me you can't see all things I just mentioned-
          Spoiler:

I'm so sorry that happened to her, that must have been one of the scariest and lowest moments in her life.

(((((Helen)))))

If Amanda doesn't get a *LEAST* one award nom for any episode this season there is something wrong. Some of her VERY best work ever!

Comment

I just watched it and all i can say is WOW, what an absolutely fantastic amazing episode i loved every second of it!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I have been able to see as far as the shower scene so far and wow that was brutal Amanda done an awsome job with that i could imagine how scary it is for Magnus to wake up to a destroyed Sanctuary and then getting blasted with the hose scary .

Watching it i was thinking to myself if i were in that situation i'd be to scared to do anything .

Awsome work Amanda
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                same here, and Declan??? XD
                i thought i saw declan, wasnt he the guy who got bitten, then Will shot him?

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                  i thought i saw declan, wasnt he the guy who got bitten, then Will shot him?
                  No, that was another dude. His name was Jason.

Comment

IF kate ended up with anyone, i'd prefer henry.

(will/ashley)

the end scene was bitter/sweet.

the way helen was looking at everything, like with a reverence b/c of her experience, and looking at wil with the same thankfulness and love... but it was sad of *why* she went through all that in the first place.

but i don't think that empty feeling will ever truly go away... not when you've lost a child. she might be more appreciative right now, but her daughter's still dead, and helen's still living on and on... argh, i'm making myself sad again.

ptb, if you're reading this, DO NOT KILL OFF HELEN.

I really do not think Amanda will be killed off. The show seems to me less a team thing and more and Amanda thing with some will on the side.

I sooo agree about the will/ashely ship!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                    Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      What was the most shocking was Helen finding out she was patient zero
                      After hearing the Helen from the video log say she was sorry, I kind of figured they were going to make her responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                        I am not a huge Helen/Will ship because of the age difference and the mentor factor just makes it too cheesy. However I though it would be cool if Ashley and Will started to like eachother and see how Helen would react if he did something that made ashley mad. I am guessing that this could have been an Ashley/Will thing. The thought of Kate and him together caused me to throw up a little.
                        nubbins tribe!
                        *sigh* After "Nubbins", I was a big Will/Ashley shipper (still am, but it just can't be canon anymore. ). Then they brought in Clara as a love interest, and now Kate? Huh? Let's spread the love around a bit, shall we?

It was very affecting. Can you imagine how scared Helen was? In this case I didn't mind it.

Amanda knows nudity isn't the way to 'grow'. She doesn't do it. You only see parts of her skin. Yeah, the implication is there, but I seriously doubt the *she* was nude.

suse
                        I agree. In projects I know of where her character is explicitly nude, she's always had body doubles.

IF kate ended up with anyone, i'd prefer henry.

(will/ashley)

the end scene was bitter/sweet.

the way helen was looking at everything, like with a reverence b/c of her experience, and looking at wil with the same thankfulness and love... but it was sad of *why* she went through all that in the first place.

but i don't think that empty feeling will ever truly go away... not when you've lost a child. she might be more appreciative right now, but her daughter's still dead, and helen's still living on and on... argh, i'm making myself sad again.

ptb, if you're reading this, DO NOT KILL OFF HELEN.
                        Yea, another person who thinks that Henry/Kate makes a lot more sense!

Whenever I look at Helen's face in this episode and in "Eulogy", the only quote that comes to mind is Jack O'Neil's in the original Stargate movie about how "A parent should never out live their own child". It's heartbreaking.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I just want to say this episode was great!!
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

It really was a great episode, and the fact that Helen was the patient zero simply becasue she was trying to find a way to end her longevity and age normally, because of Ashley was heartbreaking. It really shows how much Ashley's death had affected her than we've seen.

Amanda did another amazing job!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                              After hearing the Helen from the video log say she was sorry, I kind of figured they were going to make her responsible.
                              Yeh, you and everyone else LOL

Comment

This episode was possibly the best one yet. I've given the CGI department some bad grief in the previous episodes, but this time they knocked it out of the park. I think the CGI just looks better in gritty/dark scenes and it was amazing in here. I only noticed the green screen aspect once and that was when Amanda was walking around with the blue flashlight. It would outline her and not the CGI background.

Great storyline, a bit cliche, but I think they made it work well. Amanda did fantastic, especially the hose scene which made me very uncomfortable at first before I realized what was happening.

Will and the mullet made me giggle, but overall, I though Robin did a great job.

A+ across the boards, this is what makes the show awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X