• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Night (313)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON THREE
    ONE NIGHT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313
    Will's first date with Abby is interrupted by a criminal gang who demand that Will save the life of one of their members, who has been impaled by quills from an Abnormal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:35 PM.

Yes, i shall go to fan hell but....underwhelming.

Parts were good, Kate and biggie and declan. There was an interesting twist with the slave ship, but too much of this felt forced to me. Warrior Chiclet was amazingly unthreatening, Abby was alarmingly annoying, she and will spent way too much time chit chatting and....it needed more of a B story. There was just no wow factor.

so....maybe it's a sign of what happens when you go from 13 - 20, deadlines and time constraints keep a person from polishing as much as maybe a script needed.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea I agree Sky, what an episode to use for the new night and trying to get more fans

The story was just not good, and no amount of great directing can save that. I'm sorry Amanda was given such a weak script to work with....I'm sorry to say Damian dropped the ball on this one. At least the preview for next week looked much better.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Nice episode not the best but still good, except for the main Abby parts

Comment

Sorry to any Will fans, but this has got to be the most boring episode of this show that I have seen in the 3 seasons. I started thinking that the move to Monday nights was just a cover for a very boring introduction to the Will Zimmerman show.

- Abby was annoying.
          - Badass Kate could have wiped the floor with wanna-be badass gang lady (yes, I know - she was supposedly on the "good" side)
          - 25 minutes into the episode before we saw any part that didn't include Will or Abby? I'll just pretend that part didn't exist.
          - would have loved more Kate/Biggie/Declan coming to the rescue.

On the plus side:
          - sleepy Magnus is adorable
          - we got another patented Amanda crane shot!! (I love that as her signature)
          sigpic

Comment

yeah, not quite the work you want to use to hook new viewers.

i liked the burlap sack shot, and other shots...it just wasn't a good episode.

sigpic

Comment

And the thing is undercover FBI agents have permission to do cruel things to keep their cover, I know she wasn't in the FBI, but still that chick was pathetic

Comment

the kate, declan, biggie 'pre date nookie' was good. I can understand biggie not 'getting' her insinuation, but you'd think declan would.

and hey, there are 3 pretty little boxes that'll end up on a charity auction some day

sleepy helen was cute...and hey, she DOES have a weakness....jet lag and taking a nap (and dude, i woulda killed to take a nap today)

too bad Hangover didn't air tonight, i think that one was more interesting

sigpic

Comment

is helen in this ep very much?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    about 2 to 3 mins at most

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Yea I agree Sky, what an episode to use for the new night and trying to get more fans

The story was just not good, and no amount of great directing can save that. I'm sorry Amanda was given such a weak script to work with....I'm sorry to say Damian dropped the ball on this one. At least the preview for next week looked much better.
                      Maybe this was part of the Dumbing it down for the mainstream viewer? And we are just Too Smart for that. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        No, very little. Which was good for Amanda and her directing, but bad for the episode in how it was written.
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

she directed so she had a small video feed and then a scene at the end, it's about 70% abby adn will, 20% kate, biggie and declan, 10% helen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            the kate, declan, biggie 'pre date nookie' was good. I can understand biggie not 'getting' her insinuation, but you'd think declan would.

and hey, there are 3 pretty little boxes that'll end up on a charity auction some day

sleepy helen was cute...and hey, she DOES have a weakness....jet lag and taking a nap (and dude, i woulda killed to take a nap today)

too bad Hangover didn't air tonight, i think that one was more interesting
                            Hangover was a stronger episode. yeah.... too bad it wasn't tonight. I rewatched that one several times. Tonight was the first time I have rewatched One Night.... I think I might have to watch Hangover again. It shows how a bottle episode should be. hehe

Comment

*channeling Daniel* I miss Helen. *nods head*

Glad to know for AT's sake that she was directing, but I agree, too much Will and Abby, not enough of the team. I missed who wrote this, but you'd think there could have at least been more build-up sooner so they at least got some more screen time (and we got a break from Will).

Spoiler:
                              I did very much enjoy Helen's voice drop at the end and the Magnus smile. And I think the camera opening on her sleeping was to make a point - AT wore herself out without even being on camera.
                              Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                              Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Working...
                              X