One Night (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More abby please

I think its good we finally get a Will focused eppy. I feel like he's the least used character, maybe that's just me tho
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      she directed so she had a small video feed and then a scene at the end, it's about 70% abby adn will, 20% kate, biggie and declan, 10% helen
      They had six days of shooting and "Helen" was done in one day. So Amanda was totally free to direct the other five.

Comment

Yes, i shall go to fan hell but....underwhelming.

Parts were good, Kate and biggie and declan. There was an interesting twist with the slave ship, but too much of this felt forced to me. Warrior Chiclet was amazingly unthreatening, Abby was alarmingly annoying, she and will spent way too much time chit chatting and....it needed more of a B story. There was just no wow factor.

so....maybe it's a sign of what happens when you go from 13 - 20, deadlines and time constraints keep a person from polishing as much as maybe a script needed.
        Yeah, this episode desperately needed a stronger B storyline, better pacing in the beginning, and a tighter conclusion. The Will and Abby stuff was alright, though there was a bit too much chatting and repetition in the threats and Will's exasperation, not to mention the maddeningly dodgy medicine. The parts that worked best for me were the opening scenes of their date, Will and Abby analyzing their captors behavior, and the last bit when Will gave Abby the injection.

I liked the Kate, Biggy, and Declan stuff, everyone's fascination with the Italian restaurant was pretty amusing, and jet-lagged Magnus at the end was pretty cute. Though, TBH, I think the episode should have ended with Will and Abby to 'officially' end the date and bookend the episode. The ghost ship was an interesting twist though I think they could have done more with it.

As far as directing it looked good with some interesting shots like the POV ones during the capture, some of the crane shots, and the zoom in on the gun when Sioux got shot.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
          More abby please

I think its good we finally get a Will focused eppy. I feel like he's the least used character, maybe that's just me tho
          Its just you He seems second only to Helen in focused.

And yeah this one was boring. The show has lost direction since the Hollow Earth storyline was concluded.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

yeah, not quite the work you want to use to hook new viewers.

i liked the burlap sack shot, and other shots...it just wasn't a good episode.
            I agree not the best episode to use on a new day to hopefully hook new viewers.

The Kate, Biggie, Declan stuff was the only saving grace.

Have I missed something or has Abby gotten to hear way too much about abnormals to not be brought into the fold?
            As far as we know she hasn't even gotten a tour of the place and yet was able to put enough togther to ask Will if an abnormal attacked Gibbs. I know she saved Biggie but come on.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
              about 2 to 3 mins at most

Spoiler:
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I'll say this I thought the episode was alright but not one I will be watching again any time soon. If I were to re-watch the series then I would and that would be the only time. I did, however, like the ending scene.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  I'll say this I thought the episode was alright but not one I will be watching again any time soon. If I were to re-watch the series then I would and that would be the only time. I did, however, like the ending scene.
                  Agreed.... and the ending scene was a nice distraction.

Just a bit .....

One save, if they had not rewritten the episode to take Helen out and replace/rewrite her lines for Kate/Declan. I do like the Declan character but he did seem a bit out of place. Originally, with Helen the B story would have started sooner and had a more balanced feel. Plus more depth on the rescue and the ghost ship. It went from a Sanctuary episode we might love to a rewritten bore. *yawn*

But to be fair. I did enjoy it the first watch. Just not one to rewatch and review..... grrrrrrr....
                  Last edited by Steff; 25 April 2011, 11:03 PM. Reason: To be fair....

Comment

All right, let's see. Not one of the better episodes. Not totally horrible, but for Sanctuary standards not good.
                    In Bankjob Will said something like "obviousliy crazy, just my type" about the hostage that adores him. I wonder if that has to apply to all his girlfriends, cause Abby is certifiably insane! Talk sense into someone with a gun, not calling for help but coming back instead... but on the other hand constantly whining. Sorry, did I already state that I do not like her?

On the plus side, I really liked the trio at the Sanctuary and Magnus (too bad there wasn't more of that) and the way the episode was shot, with the movement and the craneshot
                    sigpic

Comment

Seriously Damian, What Were You Thinking?!?!?!?!?

Abby has to be one of the worst examples of an FBI agent I have ever seen. She had me cringing with almost everything she did and Will wasn't much better.

Cringing and bored is not how you want your eps to be remembered! As mentioned by others, there were a few lighter, higher points to the episode back at the Sanctuary and looking out for Amanda's choice in shots was good but overall it's a meh eppy for me and goes in the never to be rewatched pile.

This was not an episode to introduce new people to the show on a new night *shudders*
                      -

Comment

AT (nearly said Helen! ) did a great job directing this episode. That aside... script needed a serious makeover.

Boring as hell (as people had said), I liked the Kate scenes (for once!), but the gang who kidnapped them etc seemed so... blah

Oh also, I found the story confusing as to follow at times, like their repeated attempts to escape and such... and the last bit with Helen and Will? Cheesy!

Went from a great episode to such a crap episode in only 3 days

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                          I'm sorry...really I am...but I just laughed out really loud when I read that...least used character?? I was begining to wonder if they were going to rename the show with it's new day to the Will Zimmerman show.
                          Again, I'm sorry. I'm sure you adore the character of Will and that's great.
                          I happen to adore Helen and Kate and Biggie and especially Tesla but I am now ever so slowly getting a wee bit bored with Will. No offense intended to either you or Robin Dunne.
                          Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Seriously Damian, What Were You Thinking?!?!?!?!?
                          Abby has to be one of the worst examples of an FBI agent I have ever seen. She had me cringing with almost everything she did and Will wasn't much better.
                          Cringing and bored is not how you want your eps to be remembered! As mentioned by others, there were a few lighter, higher points to the episode back at the Sanctuary and looking out for Amanda's choice in shots was good but overall it's a meh eppy for me and goes in the never to be rewatched pile.
                          This was not an episode to introduce new people to the show on a new night *shudders*
                          So would it be fair to say that this is up there with "Warriors" as one of Sanctuary's worst eps? We're talking poor storyline right?
                          Poor Sanctuary team...I wonder what they must be thinking of these reviews thus far...I'm really not looking forward to next weeks ep...looks like another Will centered story. Please bring back Helen and the abnormals she chases...and Tesla and John...bring back the yummy goodness!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Will, with his second billing, definitely gets second place in the lines and storyline department.

will can be interesting. (although his perpetual spoiled brat histrionics in Hangover was really getting on my nerves)

here's hoping enough people watched long enough to trigger decent ratings for it last night.

I'm not sure if it's poor writing or poor casting for the bad guys.

It almost read like a WIP, where the author forgets how many times she's played the 'do this or i shoot' card, and keeps playing it in every chapter.

I did think that Kate was funny in her combat gear. It looks like they put an XL on her because she was almost comically bulked up that she looked like a little kid playing dressup
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I did think that Kate was funny in her combat gear. It looks like they put an XL on her because she was almost comically bulked up that she looked like a little kid playing dressup
                              I don't know why but Kate always makes me smile...she's just cute in her own special way...I love her...I think she's a great addition to the team.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                So would it be fair to say that this is up there with "Warriors" as one of Sanctuary's worst eps? We're talking poor storyline right?
                                Poor Sanctuary team...I wonder what they must be thinking of these reviews thus far...I'm really not looking forward to next weeks ep...looks like another Will centered story. Please bring back Helen and the abnormals she chases...and Tesla and John...bring back the yummy goodness!
                                For me it was a very meh ep because of the script however that was compounded by a pet hate of mine of fitting characters to plots instead of writing a character true to form and weaving them into the plot. I don't hate Will but he's not a fave of mine because, to me, they almost always fit him to the plot whether it makes sense of not.

And yes, this eppy is joining Warriors in my "will not rewatch" pile. Thankfully it's an extremely small pile
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X