Hangover (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    1. I also didn't feel they were trying particularly hard to be funny. It just didn't tickle my funny bone at all the way it did for so many.

2. My friend and I came up with it at the same time. We put 2+3 together, first WTFing over what woman could pack for 3 days in that bag, then complaining about the OOC clothes (tho totally in awe of how amazing she looked) and the smile just did us in. THAT we were LOLing about.
    Actually, Helen states as she leaves them that she'll be back in a day and a half. So that bag is plenty big! I can pack over a week in a bag that size. It helps that I am short, but at 160 years old I'm hoping Helen has learned how to pack!
    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
      Actually, Helen states as she leaves them that she'll be back in a day and a half. So that bag is plenty big! I can pack over a week in a bag that size. It helps that I am short, but at 160 years old I'm hoping Helen has learned how to pack!
      I dunno. That's still 2 nights. And I have a feeling Helen is fairly high maintenance. Plus, the suit she was wearing on her return wouldn't have fit in there.
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

I dunno. That's still 2 nights. And I have a feeling Helen is fairly high maintenance. Plus, the suit she was wearing on her return wouldn't have fit in there.
        Maybe she already has a wardrobe stash at the place of her "conference".
        sigpic

Comment

She could have just bought new stuff when she got there. lol. It's not like she doesn't have any money...
          Sig by Glitchie
          sigpic

Comment

How would it not fit? She could roll it or use the over and under method demonstrated in the link...

Eh, I know good and well that I pack light for a girl. I'll hush now.
            Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 25 April 2011, 05:25 PM. Reason: it posted itself... weird
            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
              Maybe she already has a wardrobe stash at the place of her "conference".
              I like the way you think...
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

helen left tuesday to come back thursday...and it's presumably an overnight flight, west coast us to europe, she's literally flying in, briefing, flying out
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh my dear Helen, this does not bode well.

Comment

This was an awesome episode! Gotta say that I love it. Come on... started with Henry and went to the rest... They were all a little "crazy" in parts. It looks like they had such a great time filming this!

The quips from each character is so true to character as well. This is definately on my "rewatch several times" list! Oh wait... already done that!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                      I'm I the first to mention Helen's short skirt? Amazing legs.
                      Didn't want to be pervey but both of Helens outfits where very smart and it has to be said sexy - must be a reaction to all those years in camo and army boots.
                      ----------------------------
                      You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

I am totally in love with this episode so uch that I am letting it load again just so I can see Biggie hanging upside in the elevator pushing the call bell!! OMG!! That is hilarious!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                          1. I don't think it was their intention to make the main focus to be us figuring it all out; but to amuse us as the Sanctuary team figured it out.
                          2. How is this a problem...I'm missing what you are saying, I think.

I can't say I approved of it (if only that part was her original plan) but I do think we are giving some insight of why she would:
                          Transcript from Edward..

HELEN
                          Will, I wasn't entirely comfortable with you making it sound as if The Sanctuary were an arm of law enforcement.

WILL
                          Well, I had to push her to get at what she was hiding.

HELEN
                          The unravelling of who killed this man and why may well yield a treasure trove of information about this abnormality. But make no mistake, I will not help compound an injustice.

WILL
                          So, what are you saying? That we withhold evidence from the authorities?

HELEN
                          If it's in service of preserving an extraordinary life like Edward's or the mother who tried to protect those sons? You'd better know that I would.

So yes, I think she would lie if she felt the Sanctuary's mission was threatened and the lie would not endanger anyone.
                          Helen basically put Lillian in her position so apparently Lillian must feel the lie or omission of the incident wasn't harmful for anyone. She still had the rest of the "tour" to decide if that was correct.

About the killing Adam....I've seen several including Helen say this so help me understand. Granted she shot him but the wound did not seem life threatening and she told him not to move; she didn't seem eager to shoot again. Even Will made a comment in For King and Country about Adam's death...

Will: No, no, come on, suicide? You've already played that card.
                          Adam: True, true. A good magician never performs the same trick twice--

(thanks Sky for doing the FKAC transcripts )

Adam is the one who stepped off the cliff; so how did "Helen" kill him? Did I miss something?
                          no not really, Helen was really trying to wound Adam not kill him at least thats what she hoped for and she did give him way to many breaks. Helen will swollow her pride and do what ever (lie,hurt or even kill) she has to do to protect the sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                            Yes!!! It's their job. Cops kill or imprison those who commit murders. They would hang him or anything or whatever. It's their job, not Helen's.

I think there is another solution for Adam's problem other than killing. It's just my opinion. Why not lock him up like any other dangerous abnormal. He is one after all and a dangerous one for that matter. His place is with all the other dangerous abnormals down in the containment area in the sanctuary.
                            Yes Helen shot Adam in the shoulder and he walked off the cliff but it was John who told her Adam drowned thats why she thought she killed Adam and she blamed herself for his death.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                              Yes!!! It's their job. Cops kill or imprison those who commit murders. They would hang him or anything or whatever. It's their job, not Helen's.

I think there is another solution for Adam's problem other than killing. It's just my opinion. Why not lock him up like any other dangerous abnormal. He is one after all and a dangerous one for that matter. His place is with all the other dangerous abnormals down in the containment area in the sanctuary.
                              How do you lock some one like him up? he's to smart, he'll find a way out. and in a way Helen is the police, her job is to protect both abnormles and normiles alike

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                                How would it not fit? She could roll it or use the over and under method demonstrated in the link...

Eh, I know good and well that I pack light for a girl. I'll hush now.
                                being in the military and moving around alot you'd be surprised what you can pack in that itty bitty bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X