Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

    This thread is for the appreciation of helen magnus, and the actress that plays her, amanda tapping, from the -soon to be seen- show 'santuary'.

    starting off, i'm SUPER excited!!

    amanda plays helen magnus, a victorian era doctor, who because of her line of work and who she's associated with, is 157 years old. helen has a daughter named ashley, who's father is none other than jack the ripper.

    helen's father put together a santuary for abnormal ppl - wherewolves, vampires, creaters, politicians (oops) - and helen, with her daughter's and co-worker's help, have taken over the duty.

    as a HUGE fan of amanda tappings, i'm soooooooo excited to see her play someone so different and complicated.

    just think of all the possibilities to be shown with helen. she's 157 years old, having lived through some amazing times. she was engaged to jack the ripper and had a child with him. she deals with very strange and dangerous creatures. LOADS of exciting character bits ahead!!





    sally
    sally

    sigpic

    #2
    Hiya Sally...
    thanks for this thread...
    I am so really looking forward to Sanctuary...I think it will be a great show...I mean and Amanda her role will be WOW...after seeing all the pics I think I really will like it
    Although I don't know what to expect from it... But from whatever I heard it seems like a good concept... I love the interactivity of it...
    And also that it will be and internet show seems like a good idea
    Let the spoilers come I would say...
    And squeeee for Amanda and her brown hair She looks amazing in it

    Just for the fun of it...this pic I totally adore:

    Comment


      #3
      Hi,

      Sally thank you so so much for creating this thread..your amazing

      Wow a Helen/Amanda "Sanctuary" appreciation thread I'm so so excited about this new show, I'm absolute huge fan of Amanda Tapping, and I can't wait to see her as "Helen" because she sounds an interesting character. I also e-mailed them to join today
      Did I mention I'm soooooooo excited? Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

      Julia(samcarterrules)
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

      Comment


        #4
        :: Drops bags:: Checking in!

        "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

        Comment


          #5
          Did somebody say squee?

          Well, lets SQUEEEEEEEEE then! Yeah! This series looks wonderful, and I'm excited that Amanda is involved in something this cutting edge! Can't Wait To See It!

          Comment


            #6
            Hi Sally and thanks for starting this thread
            I really do think Amanda is going to create another very UNFORGETABLE character with Helen. I love the whole idea of her having a child with Jack the ripper, the back story to that alone is going to be breathtaking and then you have all the rest of the story, wonderfull, wonderfull idea that i hope does really well through the internet and after that i hope it will be on TV at some point because it deserves to have every outlet it can!
            ......TARA......

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
              Hi Sally and thanks for starting this thread
              I really do think Amanda is going to create another very UNFORGETABLE character with Helen. I love the whole idea of her having a child with Jack the ripper, the back story to that alone is going to be breathtaking and then you have all the rest of the story, wonderfull, wonderfull idea that i hope does really well through the internet and after that i hope it will be on TV at some point because it deserves to have every outlet it can!
              it seems that every new thing i hear about helen is just mind boggling and awesome. she's 157 years old, was engaged to jack the ripper, had a kid by him (who looks rather young for being over 100 ), and spends time with wherewolves and vampires and such. sounds like your average normal woman to me.




              sally
              sally

              sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                Hiya Sally...
                thanks for this thread...
                I am so really looking forward to Sanctuary...I think it will be a great show...I mean and Amanda her role will be WOW...after seeing all the pics I think I really will like it
                Although I don't know what to expect from it... But from whatever I heard it seems like a good concept... I love the interactivity of it...
                And also that it will be and internet show seems like a good idea
                Let the spoilers come I would say...
                And squeeee for Amanda and her brown hair She looks amazing in it

                Just for the fun of it...this pic I totally adore:
                That pic is great. I am looking forward to seeing Sanctuary, all the details so far sound good. Amanda's character sounds realy interesting, and I'll bet she does a great job, and the new hair colour looks great.

                sig by starlover1990

                Comment


                  #9
                  Happy Valentines Day!!

                  I wonder if there will be any Ship in Sanctuary? especially for "Helen" I'd love to see how Amanda would play an "out in the open ship" maybe a Ship set in Victorian times..

                  Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Count me in with the can't-wait-for-this-show-to-start crowd. I just watched the teaser on the Sanctuary website. That was Amanda with blonde hair holding a gun, right? It looks like she is in Victorian garb.

                    I hadn't seen that pic of Amanda as Helen with the dark hair and the gun until I saw this thread. WOW!

                    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SHOW TO START!!!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                      Count me in with the can't-wait-for-this-show-to-start crowd. I just watched the teaser on the Sanctuary website. That was Amanda with blonde hair holding a gun, right? It looks like she is in Victorian garb.

                      I hadn't seen that pic of Amanda as Helen with the dark hair and the gun until I saw this thread. WOW!

                      I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SHOW TO START!!!
                      Yep, that was Amanda - blonde and in Victorian clothes. Yay for freeze frame

                      -

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        it seems that every new thing i hear about helen is just mind boggling and awesome. she's 157 years old, was engaged to jack the ripper, had a kid by him (who looks rather young for being over 100 ), and spends time with wherewolves and vampires and such . sounds like your average normal woman to me.
                        Is it me, or does ALL that seem so normal now?
                        Woo hoo, bordering on oober excited, definitely somewhere just west of manic. So... is it Spring yet? Come on land, defrost! We need our Sanctuary
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Squeedle-dee
                          scarimor

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I'd love to at least check out Sanctuary. And I will - when it starts. I just checked out Flash 8. It's $399 USD. Nope. Not in the budget. It would scrap AT3.

                            So, when it starts I'll do the ttrial. Then leave it alone.

                            But I hope ya'll enjoy it.

                            suse

                            ETA: I feel like an idiot (and look like one too. ) I ithnk I figured it out.

                            YAY! Sancuary, here I come!
                            Last edited by suse; February 14, 2007, 08:30 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              It's gonna be a lot of fun, to see Amanda portray someone else than Sam Carter. I'm really looking forward to 'Sanctuary' + I love her hair

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X