Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

I was wondering if you thought Helen was at her breaking point with all of the pressure, death, loss, emotional upheaval, etc. that has happened this year?

A) Pressure? What pressure? Helen doesn't feel any pressure!
    B) Helen is on the verge of cracking.
    C) Helen has already lost it.

What do you think?
    i think it's B, but not really.

i think she's losing too much in too small amount of time, and she *could* start cracking. but i don't see helen going nutso, just being more tense and desiring more time alone.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hello Mellisa, welcome among us.

heh, I am "sure" that in my country is Sanctuary too. In Prague ...
      ( it was only joke )
      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Hey Samantha,

I don't recall Prague mentioned specifically but check the episodes for me, you find it then it means I missed it...LOL

If not the next time I write a fan fic with another Sanctuary involved I'll happily put one there for you. Where is Prague anyway, my geography stinks.

Melissa
        Sanctuary RULES!!!!
        Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
          Hey Samantha,

I don't recall Prague mentioned specifically but check the episodes for me, you find it then it means I missed it...LOL

If not the next time I write a fan fic with another Sanctuary involved I'll happily put one there for you. Where is Prague anyway, my geography stinks.

Melissa
          I didn´t notice Prague in Sanctuary. It was only joke. :-) And if you will write FF with Praque, so don´t forget to send me a link.
          Prague is the main city of the Czech Republic ( I live here )
          Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
          / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
            I believe it's actually in Vancouver, BC, Canada as the license plates are British Columbia on their vehicles and the map looked to be above Washington State. I had made a capture of that shot but I can't find it atm.
            Plus if you look at some of the scenic episodes, some of the land scape they use looks lke Canada and places they used in Stargate.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't deny folks that the show (landscapes/license plates/ect...) are Canadian as the show is shot in Vancouver but I watched Fata Morgana again today and also the 'discussions' that go throughout the series it's portrayed as being in the US and in Fata Morgana from season one the lock on the tracker that we see the Cabal looking at to track the witches is near the Canadian border but definitely in the US side of things meaning aka Washington state (Old City to be specific) but it could be Oregon I suppose but I think it was Washington state because they were doing it to portray since 'Bigfoot' is supposed to be from around that area.

Just an opinion of course.

Melissa
              Sanctuary RULES!!!!
              Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
                Not Washington, D.C. Washington state, the Old City one that Helen commands or leads...it's never been stated it is in the US up near the Canadian border but in Fata Morgana when they're trackign the witches you see the location blink on the reader and it's Washington State as I understand my geography but I might be wrong...isn't that where it is or not, I know it's the US.
                I think Old City/New City are in Washington state as well, since in End of Nights Helen and Will go to Vancouver to try to get Martin Wood before the Cabal. Though since it's a fictional city, I think the closest we can pin its location is that it's within a relatively short drive from Vancouver.

As far as other Sanctuaries, in Kali Helen mentions that the Egypt head worked with Wexford in Germany before he became the New York head, so there may be a Sanctuary in Germany. Also one of the heads in the multi-screen display in Kali sounded French, but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                i think it's B, but not really.

i think she's losing too much in too small amount of time, and she *could* start cracking. but i don't see helen going nutso, just being more tense and desiring more time alone.
                That's how I see Helen too. I think the most she's going to lose it at this point in her life (barring outside influences ala Requiem) is what we saw in Eulogy. After an initial burst of rage and grief she'll retreat into herself, then find a way to make peace with the loss and keep moving on.

sigpic

Comment

Unless I miss my guess the only Sanctuary heads that 'spoke' in the multi-plex display were Wexford (New York), Pili (Egypt) & Ravi (Mumbai) when she was at the London Sanctuary. I'm trying to recall the episode but I don't think she spoke to all the heads again, I know there were others and yes I knew about Germany but that doesn't mean there is a Sanctuary there...just that they worked together, it could have been just been a mission so that's why I didn't include it in the list. However good eye catching that for sure.
                  Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                  Melissa

Comment

I don't think Helen's quite about to lose it, but she's far from being unaffected. I do think her main team will rally around her in the latest crisis. That has to help.

Comment

Helen is quite the risk taker. In Veritas, she
                      Spoiler:
                      easily could have died.
                      But she has confidence in her team. And by the way, I thought she looked properly pale
                      Spoiler:
                      in the infirmary scenes.

What was it Watson said? "jump off a cliff and hope you sprout wings" ?

Comment

I happily agree with that statement...like in the commentary for the Five I think it is when Amanda is talking about Helen's motivation for why she shoots the vampires then runs off. She gathers what information she needs, makes a decision and whatever the consquences are she deals with them...

She takes what risks or whatever is needed for the situation, a sign of a true leader in my opinion.
                        Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                        Melissa

Comment

I thought scince Stargate has one so should Sanctuary

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Rocks!
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Here is my contribution :

Nos Must Amitto Vivo En - Helen Magnus

Comment

I have something too

Spoiler:

Comment

I contribute too with this screencap of the season 3.........
                                Spoiler:

Sorry, xD, bad joke I know, but I'd like to see her with a evening dress =P

Comment

Working...
                                X