No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think AT was also very aware of fans' reaction to Helen and Nikola's relationship and enjoyed "putting more fuel on the fire" so to speak.

I wouldn't say the kiss was a "tell-all." I think we'd have known much more if we'd seen how they behaved together AFTER the kiss. Would it change their relationship or would they go on as if nothing important had happened?
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
      Is it safe to say that she hasn't come to full terms with her feelings for Nikola yet? Or would you say the kiss was the tell-all?
      I´m not quite sure what this tell-all means, I think with the kiss she wanted Nikola to know how much she cares and loves him. Although I´m pretty sure that she now, that she survived, regrets the kiss. I think that she will, for some time at least, ignore the kiss. Nikola probably is hopeful that he has a chance with her but I don´t think he will start an offensive, I think he would wait for her to make the first step.I could even see his flirting to stop, cause he just doesn´t know what to think. Of course it could be completly differnet. Probably it fits in with his character more to increase his flirting?

Comment

I wouldn't say the kiss was a "tell-all." I think we'd have known much more if we'd seen how they behaved together AFTER the kiss. Would it change their relationship or would they go on as if nothing important had happened?
        Absolutely. Argh, I could see it going both ways. It'd all depend on who writes the episode, I think, and if it leaves room for AT and Jonathon to let Magnus be open to a relationship.

This kiss hasn't been their first kiss: The Five and it's implied (at least that's what I'd like to infer) it happened during the "wining and dining".

Thinking back, Helen didn't seem that surprised that Nikola kissed her--rather tricked her into kissing him--in The Five. Was it because of his flirtatious nature or was there more?

I´m not quite sure what this tell-all means, I think with the kiss she wanted Nikola to know how much she cares and loves him.
        Tell-all=basically what the kiss was supposed to mean. And you answered it So does that mean she love loves him or loves him like a close friend?

Although I´m pretty sure that she now, that she survived, regrets the kiss. I think that she will, for some time at least, ignore the kiss. Nikola probably is hopeful that he has a chance with her but I don´t think he will start an offensive, I think he would wait for her to make the first step.I could even see his flirting to stop, cause he just doesn´t know what to think. Of course it could be completly differnet. Probably it fits in with his character more to increase his flirting?
        Yeah, I can see Helen not wanting to deal with it as a possibility. She initiated the kiss and it seems like she was expecting to make it out alive (because of her impecable planning) but kissed him just in case she didn't.
        I don't know if Nikola would want to be the first to bring up the kiss. I know it'd be killing him to want to talk about it, but I also get the impression that he'd be a bit shy to bring it up because it'd risk wounding his pride if she rejected him.

Funny how the kiss can change their whole relationship dynamic and leave us with hundreds of questions.

Comment

So does that mean she love loves him or loves him like a close friend?
          I don´t think she loves him only as a dear friend, I mean would you kiss you friend on the mouth even if it was your best and oldest friend and you or him are ybout to die? I wouldn´t. I would maybe kiss him on the cheek and hug him very dearly, but I would never kiss a person on the mouth whom I not have romantic feelings for.

Yeah, I can see Helen not wanting to deal with it as a possibility. She initiated the kiss and it seems like she was expecting to make it out alive (because of her impecable planning) but kissed him just in case she didn't.
          I don't know if Nikola would want to be the first to bring up the kiss. I know it'd be killing him to want to talk about it, but I also get the impression that he'd be a bit shy to bring it up because it'd risk wounding his pride if she rejected him.
          Yes, there are so much possibilities. It would be even good to know if he was supposed to stay in the new Sanctuary, but Amanda said that in season 5 should be more jon, so I assume it was planned and Jon said in an interview that he was towards the end of season 4 on the team or something like that and I mean where would he go else? No I´m pretty sure he would stay for a while at least.
          One has to make the first step and I think it would be Helen, couse Nikola is, in these aspect, a coward, that´s at least the feeling I have about that matter and it would fit so nicely with the descriptions of the real Tesla, who was always so uneasy with woman.

Comment

Absolutely. Argh, I could see it going both ways. It'd all depend on who writes the episode, I think, and if it leaves room for AT and Jonathon to let Magnus be open to a relationship.

This kiss hasn't been their first kiss: The Five and it's implied (at least that's what I'd like to infer) it happened during the "wining and dining".

Thinking back, Helen didn't seem that surprised that Nikola kissed her--rather tricked her into kissing him--in The Five. Was it because of his flirtatious nature or was there more?
            Also possibly springtime in Vienna?

No she didn't seem shocked. My guess is their flirting and banter go back long before they met up in Rome.

I don´t think she loves him only as a dear friend, I mean would you kiss you friend on the mouth even if it was your best and oldest friend and you or him are ybout to die? I wouldn´t. I would maybe kiss him on the cheek and hug him very dearly, but I would never kiss a person on the mouth whom I not have romantic feelings for.
            That's my personal thought as well. Kiss on the lips = romantic/sexual feelings.
            sigpic

Comment

That's my personal thought as well. Kiss on the lips = romantic/sexual feelings.
              Oh excellent point. I wouldn't do that either.

It would be even good to know if he was supposed to stay in the new Sanctuary, but Amanda said that in season 5 should be more jon, so I assume it was planned and Jon said in an interview that he was towards the end of season 4 on the team or something like that and I mean where would he go else? No I´m pretty sure he would stay for a while at least.
              Gosh! I know why, but WHY did they have to cancel Sanctuary?! There was so much potential and raw plot to be shaped. I wish they would've been able to squeeze one more season out.
              Season 5 would've been amazingly brilliant! Hope for Teslen and seeing more Jonathon/Tesla? Booyah!!

One has to make the first step and I think it would be Helen, couse Nikola is, in these aspect, a coward, that´s at least the feeling I have about that matter and it would fit so nicely with the descriptions of the real Tesla, who was always so uneasy with woman.
              "Coward" seems kind of harsh. I'd put it more as he's shy and scared when it comes to this. He doesn't want to end up hurt like he has so many times in the past when people betrayed his trust. Helen would get straight to the point of the matter whereas Nikola would beat around the bush to sneakily acquire the answers he seeks.

RL Tesla saw women as distraction from his work.

I'm sure Helen and Nikola could work something out!

Also possibly springtime in Vienna?
              Yes, yes, yes!!

Comment

OMG I fixed the problem. Now I can come here again!
                Sorry for coming here and then disappearing alot.

To make up for it, I'm going to go make some Teslen artwork.
                sigpic
                My tumblr

Comment

I didn't read the WHOLE conversation, but judging by how much he hits on Magnus, then I don't think he's a coward. I see it as there was something between them before, cus of how they act toward each other, I get the feeling that they met each other first before John, James and Nigel came along and so therefore he's her oldest friend and it just basically comes down to a best friend relationship, but yet they still love each other, kind of thing.

It's like Amanda Tapping said, they're so close and they both know that they love each other but nothing can happen because then the sexual tension between them would falter and it might not work out cus it hasn't before, but I'm pretty sure that they want to be together and they know they can't, even if I only ship them together, but still .... I think they know that they only have that special love between them if they're NOT dating

PS .... Welcome back Little Twin ... Can't wait to see what you come up with
                  On the edge of breaking down
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                    I didn't read the WHOLE conversation, but judging by how much he hits on Magnus, then I don't think he's a coward. I see it as there was something between them before, cus of how they act toward each other, I get the feeling that they met each other first before John, James and Nigel came along and so therefore he's her oldest friend and it just basically comes down to a best friend relationship, but yet they still love each other, kind of thing.

It's like Amanda Tapping said, they're so close and they both know that they love each other but nothing can happen because then the sexual tension between them would falter and it might not work out cus it hasn't before, but I'm pretty sure that they want to be together and they know they can't, even if I only ship them together, but still .... I think they know that they only have that special love between them if they're NOT dating

PS .... Welcome back Little Twin ... Can't wait to see what you come up with
                    I know that Amanda said that nothing can happen in that character profile from Tesla, but I think that refers to their on screen chemestry, cause it´s always dangerous to bring two characters together cause often the chemestry is gone and that´s the last a producer wants, that would be negative for the show.

But IMHO that don´t apply to the characters within their world. I mean that would be unrealistic. In the real world that don´t work, cause if you love someone and want someone, you just do it, that´s human nature, I know Tesla isn´t exactly human, but I think you know what I mean.
                    If I really love someone I wouldn´t loose one second into thinking that we might not have that spark anymore, I would want that guy NOW and not later, the way you descriped that sounds more like friendshiply, platonic love.

And if they continue with that game, then what happens if another person, either for Tesla or Magnus enters the game? I don´t think Magnus want´s for ever to be a single. And I don´t think Tesla would think that´s funny if Magus has a relationship with some women or man, he always want´s to be her number one I think, so he wouldn´t accept that so easily, at least if he is serious with her and with his feelings.
                    With Tesla I don´t know but I´m pretty sure Magnus longs for a relationship. And I can´t imagine that she would choose another man or woman over Tesla, at this point at least. (at least I hope that)

I think they know that they only have that special love between them if they're NOT dating
                    I think they would have a more special love between them if they were dating
                    I mean that´s all funny and good for some time (like we saw that in the 4 seasons) but I think they would regret that, cause eventually one could die and one would wonder why they played that childish game. And I really think that´s childish cause if you have strong feelings you should act on that, (unless that guy in married and with children and so on, but that´s another matter) I mean life can be over so fast (I know not really for Magnus and Tesla) And love is the most important thing in life, you shouldn´t waste that with doubts.

So you don´t think they would have tried a relationship off screen?!?!

I think they would, cause I can´t see them being content with that any longer. Dunno, that´s just me, but then I´m really romantic and I´m a girl after all and we always want happiness
                    Last edited by Altariel; 30 July 2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                      I know that Amanda said that nothing can happen in that character profile from Tesla, but I think that refers to their on screen chemestry, cause it´s always dangerous to bring two characters together cause often the chemestry is gone and that´s the last a producer wants, that would be negative for the show.

But IMHO that don´t apply to the characters within their world. I mean that would be unrealistic. In the real world that don´t work, cause if you love someone and want someone, you just do it, that´s human nature, I know Tesla isn´t exactly human, but I think you know what I mean.

If I really love someone I wouldn´t loose one second into thinking that we might not have that spark anymore, I would want that guy NOW and not later, the way you descriped that sounds more like friendshiply, platonic love.

And if they continue with that game, then what happens if another person, either for Tesla or Magnus enters the game? I don´t think Magnus want´s for ever to be a single. And I don´t think Tesla would think that´s funny if Magus has a relationship with some women or man, he always want´s to be her number one I think, so he wouldn´t accept that so easily, at least if he is serious with her and with his feelings.

With Tesla I don´t know but I´m pretty sure Magnus longs for a relationship. And I can´t imagine that she would choose another man or woman over Tesla, at this point at least. (at least I hope that)

I think they would have a more special love between them if they were dating

I mean that´s all funny and good for some time (like we saw that in the 4 seasons) but I think they would regret that, cause eventually one could die and one would wonder why they played that childish game. And I really think that´s childish cause if you have strong feelings you should act on that, (unless that guy in married and with children and so on, but that´s another matter) I mean life can be over so fast (I know not really for Magnus and Tesla) And love is the most important thing in life, you shouldn´t waste that with doubts.

So you don´t think they would have tried a relationship off screen?!?!

I think they would, cause I can´t see them being content with that any longer. Dunno, that´s just me, but then I´m really romantic and I´m a girl after all and we always want happiness
                      In a sense, I agree with you. I don't think Tesla would be very happy if he saw Magnus with someone else, and I think, like he has before, he'd leave again because it would be too much for him and he'd never be able to accept that she was no longer on the market. I think he was torn apart when she was with John and so he didn't stick around.

Although after the kiss, I think there is a bigger chance of the two of them being together seeing as Tesla knew all along that there were two Helen's so he would know that she's not dead, even though he did seem upset after the explosion, but I think he knew that it had to be the other Magnus that died and not the current Magnus, so now there's only one.

I think they could have an off screen relationship, maybe even on screen even though the show was cancelled and it's up to us to determine what happens from now on, unless the show has a chance of coming back in the future, but anyway I'm saying I think there is a bit of a relationship between them and that there was before, so it could happen again at some point.
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

Just delurking to share my latest Teslen arts. I'll have a calendar up about the 3rd. of August. I'm getting my presents from my brother and his fiance and my birthday is the 2nd.

I hope you likes
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

As I said on the artwork thread, I love them . I have some art as well .... A pressie for Yamii

Not snurchable unles she says so
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

Thank you Glitch And as I said earlier, I love it as well. If anyone wishes to snurch it they may.
                            sigpic
                            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Glad you like it
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by me

Comment

Nice arts yami and Glitch.
                                And happy birthday Yami.
                                sigpic