Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very pretty arts, Nad.

Wow, FO, you really like to think about this stuff. Just thought of a few comments while I was reading.
    (oh boy! a discussion!!

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post

At the same time, Helen is running in catacombs because she trusted that Nikola is trying to warn her and save her life. Not, for example, take her into catacombs full of Cabal agents who he is planning to turn into vampires who could be made smart with help from Helen and who could take over the world, or something like that (Helen can be so blind when it comes to Nikola and John... I love it <3)

I got the feeling that Nikola made many of his good decisions because Helen made him, probably asking nicely and practically giving him two choices: no feeding from humans, or going to Shoe (or whatever was the analogous unit Gregory had for dangerous abnormals at the time). Then, when Helen wasn't there to police over Nikola, he kind of began to wander to directions he shouldn't go to for his own good, and Rome was how that played out. I think Nikola got lucky when it was John who dealt with him, not Helen... She'd probably done something much worse to him.

Now I wonder if John was deliberately doing a favor to Nikola by only stabbing him and leaving him in Rome. He could have teleported back to him either to kill him or to get him back to Helen... Who, I think, may have a nice small vampire proof room room in the Shoe, waiting for Nikola.

Or maybe John was returning the favor. (As I never before noticed,) he said to Ashley that the wrong blood Helen gave him left him dying but Nikola found him and fixed him. Because of some kind of a twister friendship, or because he thought he needed John, that I don't know,

A more interesting question (for me, anyway ) is how Nikola healed John. The possibilities... oh the possibilities! If I had time, I'd totally write ff of that
    I suspect everyone has a tendency to turn a blind eye on the faults of those they love.

I'm not sure Helen would have done something "much worse" because I think she cares about Nikola much more than John ever could have.

I don't pretend to know what John was thinking, but perhaps he was just using the quickest way he thought of to both disable Nikola and get Helen out of there. If it killed Nikola, fine, but his chief objective was getting Helen out. Yes, he could have teleported back and finished the job if he really wanted Nikola dead, but then he would have had to deal with the other vampires too. Perhaps as you suggest he also preferred to allow Nikola a chance to recover, if he could, to repay him for "shocking him back to his senses" even though Nikola's objective was more to "persuade" John to help him rather than any desire to help John. Who can figure out John Druitt?!

I'm not sure either what Nikola might have wanted John to do to help resurrect vampire race. I also wonder how Nikola found him anyway.

As far as Nikola healing John I thought the shocks he gave him forced out the energy elemental that had been driving John's madness and killing, so that John was "himself" again. I thought from the marks on John's chest that he used the same electric probe thing (powered by himself) that he used to reanimate the dead after he fed them his blood and turn them into the mindless vampires.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
      I'm not sure Helen would have done something "much worse" because I think she cares about Nikola much more than John ever could have.
      Not much worse as torture or something like that, certainly not I think he would have ended in the Shoe, in a nice but very secure room. I think Helen would have assumed his medication was off for some reason, and she'd try to fix it.

He'd be close to Helen, but as a patient. She wouldn't be able to trust him for a very long time. Distance like that may be so much bigger and harder to cross than an ocean between two lovers.

Or something like that But that distance would have been the cruel part, so much more bad than a fist through abdomen. It was difficult for Nikola to make Helen trust him as it was. It would have been insanely difficult if he was locked in the Shoe.

Perhaps as you suggest he also preferred to allow Nikola a chance to recover, if he could, to repay him for "shocking him back to his senses" even though Nikola's objective was more to "persuade" John to help him rather than any desire to help John. Who can figure out John Druitt?!

I'm not sure either what Nikola might have wanted John to do to help resurrect vampire race. I also wonder how Nikola found him anyway.

As far as Nikola healing John I thought the shocks he gave him forced out the energy elemental that had been driving John's madness and killing, so that John was "himself" again. I thought from the marks on John's chest that he used the same electric probe thing (powered by himself) that he used to reanimate the dead after he fed them his blood and turn them into the mindless vampires.
      I thought, too, that the shock were for persuasion... Maybe they were? I mean, John's problem was with blood and Nikola (undoubtedly) is quite good with blood, for reasons that have little to do with medical science I can totally see Nikola healing John and then shocking him half dead because he needs something from him The healing part, it may have been much more disturbing than some shocking, I imagine.

I guess Nikola and John keep in touch. It was later established that they had contact off-screen, when Nikola had lost his vampiric powers and John felt he needed a new dose of the shock therapy

Comment

I agree with you all. I'm sure the only reason Helen is willing to shoot Nikola is because she knows he will heal..... It's great anger management.

Comment

Yea Arya I agree
          On the edge of breaking down
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Not much worse as torture or something like that, certainly not I think he would have ended in the Shoe, in a nice but very secure room. I think Helen would have assumed his medication was off for some reason, and she'd try to fix it.

He'd be close to Helen, but as a patient. She wouldn't be able to trust him for a very long time. Distance like that may be so much bigger and harder to cross than an ocean between two lovers.

Or something like that But that distance would have been the cruel part, so much more bad than a fist through abdomen. It was difficult for Nikola to make Helen trust him as it was. It would have been insanely difficult if he was locked in the Shoe.

I thought, too, that the shock were for persuasion... Maybe they were? I mean, John's problem was with blood and Nikola (undoubtedly) is quite good with blood, for reasons that have little to do with medical science I can totally see Nikola healing John and then shocking him half dead because he needs something from him The healing part, it may have been much more disturbing than some shocking, I imagine.

I guess Nikola and John keep in touch. It was later established that they had contact off-screen, when Nikola had lost his vampiric powers and John felt he needed a new dose of the shock therapy
            Okay, so by "worse" you meant emotionally rather than physically. yes? As in "the woman I've loved for over a century locked me up and doesn't trust me"?

John said Nikola found him and revived him, if I remember right, when he was talking to Ashley in The Five. I don't think it was said exactly how he revived him. Are you thinking he used blood first to revive him and then the shocks to try to persuade John to help him with his plan?

Originally posted by Arya View Post
            I agree with you all. I'm sure the only reason Helen is willing to shoot Nikola is because she knows he will heal..... It's great anger management.
            Yeah. Just imagine having a friend/boyfriend who when he makes you so mad you want to kill him, you actually CAN! Because he won't really die. haha
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, so by "worse" you meant emotionally rather than physically. yes? As in "the woman I've loved for over a century locked me up and doesn't trust me"?

John said Nikola found him and revived him, if I remember right, when he was talking to Ashley in The Five. I don't think it was said exactly how he revived him. Are you thinking he used blood first to revive him and then the shocks to try to persuade John to help him with his plan?
              Yeah, I meant generally worse, emotional aspect included My writing wasn't too clear at that point

If Nikola used blood to heal John... It makes sense, right? I mean, John went for Helen to get her blood. Her blood was tampered with Source blood, as was Nikola's. It gave her longevity when Nikola got immortality, among other things. For me it seems logical that whatever John needed from Helen's blood, he could likely get from Nikola's. Probably not as easily, or as well... In Bhalasaam Nikola referred to John's health problems, so I guess whatever the wrong blood Helen gave to John did, and whatever Nikola did to fix him, left some lingering effect Nikola was aware of.

I think that shocking and healing may have been two completely different occasions. John was shocked not too long before he took Ashley and there was quite a lot time between him injecting the wrong blood and taking Ashley... The wrong blood took affect right after John injected it, so I doubt he'd have lived long enough to wait Nikola search and heal him.

Just imagine having a friend/boyfriend who when he makes you so mad you want to kill him, you actually CAN! Because he won't really die. haha
              A girl can dream...

Comment

So, I was just wondering what you all thought of John. Is he a good guy, bad guy, do you think he is a killer because of the being inside him or is that just an excuse?

Comment

Honestly, I think he was a good guy until after he was injected with the source blood and possessed by the elemental then he took a turn for the worse, obviously due to becoming Jack the Ripper. I'm all Teslen, but I can tell that he really loves Helen in a way and she loved him but not as much as I think that Nikola loves her.

I think she has just as much control over him as she does Nikola but then again I think she loved Nikola at one point and then fell in love with John instead and since John was British and Nikola was Serbian then helen went with John because her father approved of John more because of course back then everyone was predujice.
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

So, I was just wondering what you all thought of John. Is he a good guy, bad guy, do you think he is a killer because of the being inside him or is that just an excuse?
                    Personally I think John became the victim in the source blood mess. I find it likely he had some violent tendencies before, like ending up in fights when drunk and such, but nothing that serious. When the Five injected source blood, the all gained and lost, but John was the one who certainly lost the most: his sanity, his love and his life. From the flashback (in The Five, I think) I got the feeling he probably didn't even want to inject, but felt compelled to do it because all the others did. (Now, kids, see? It isn't a good idea to inject some suspicious goo in yourself because other do it, remember what happened to John! )

In short, I think John is (or was, before the source blood) a good, likable guy who loved his soon-to-be wife with all his hearth. Then he became a victim of the source blood and could no more live the live he wanted. It's sad, really... How much Ripper there was in him before the elemental (maybe source blood fueled his temper before the elemental 'infected' him), but I don't think he'd have killed as he did if there was no elemental.

I find John an interesting character and I like to think what kind of relationship he and Nikola have... A few pages ago I wrote something on that. Here comes a copypaste

Spoiler:
                    RE: Nikola and John, I think their relationship is super complicated, even more complicated than Helen's relationship with either of them.

First, there is the Oxford days. In The Five Helen mentioned no one liked Nikola, so I think it is safe to assume he wasn't friends with John, but if there was actual dislike, we don't know. But if Nikola's love confession to Helen had any truth in it, there probably was jealousy, maybe rivalry. Whenever that aspect of their relationship begin, it was present till John died (if he died). I think that added a touch of civility between them, and after decades that probably formed to some kind of twisted friendship.

Back in Oxford, the source blood chanced things. John became the Ripper who was, to some degree, powerless to stop his killings. Nikola turned to vampire.

I know canon doesn't show vampires battling with blood lust, but personally I find it an important part of vampire mythology that simply can't be ignored. It is the price that has to be paid for vampiric powers, and blood is the addiction that makes vampires do things that are harmful to the people they love. Maybe the problem can be managed. I like to think that it was the case with Nikola, and because it all happened such a long time ago, there is no need to speak of that. (Feeble explanation, I admit )

Anyway, if we assume Nikola had some blood lust problems back in the day, he and John suddenly shared a seriously problematic trait. Not depending what they were before it, suddenly there was the similarity.

If they both knew it before John was busted for killings and/or Nikola found the solution, that it guesswork, but it doesn't chance what happened next: Nikola was controlling his problem, John wasn't even trying to.

Suddenly they went from being in similar situation to exact opposite of it. They gave an opposite answers to the same question (controlling it or not), and probably both of them considered giving the other answer, at some point. What I am trying to say, every time they see each other, they see what might have happened if the willpower swayed at the wrong time, or didn't sway when it did.

I like to think John knows how easy it would be for Nikola to lose the will to maintain control, and that is why he told Ashley that Nikola is the most dangerous of the Five. John is nasty at his best, malicious and mad in his ripper mode, but his 'random' violent behavior has a certain pattern and little purpose. After all, usually he teleports around with a knife and dissects unlucky individuals. Nikola (as we usually see him) lacks the malice John embraces, but his set of skills could cause terrible damage and bloodshed, if used to less nice purposes.

How I see it, John and Nikola are, in a way, keeping each other in control. There is that certain love-to-hate touch in their relationship, and I don't think either of them would kill the other without a very good reason. Nikola let John live after trying to shock him to cooperating, John let Nikola live in Rome (where he could have come back to make sure the job was finished), and that is only the times we know of. It is like they watch each other and make sure the other won't cross certain lines, and they team up even voluntarily when they share a goal. Like they did after Ashley's death... I wonder how many lines were crossed back then, and my guess is: plenty.

Comment

This is a few days early but here is May's Teslen Calendar.

I hope you all like it
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Love it! PM tag btw
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Thanks! PM tag as well.
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Early Teslen artwork is always welcome. Looks great.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Thanks Max
                              sigpic
                              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

If Nikola used blood to heal John... It makes sense, right? I mean, John went for Helen to get her blood. Her blood was tampered with Source blood, as was Nikola's. It gave her longevity when Nikola got immortality, among other things. For me it seems logical that whatever John needed from Helen's blood, he could likely get from Nikola's. Probably not as easily, or as well... In Bhalasaam Nikola referred to John's health problems, so I guess whatever the wrong blood Helen gave to John did, and whatever Nikola did to fix him, left some lingering effect Nikola was aware of.

I think that shocking and healing may have been two completely different occasions. John was shocked not too long before he took Ashley and there was quite a lot time between him injecting the wrong blood and taking Ashley... The wrong blood took affect right after John injected it, so I doubt he'd have lived long enough to wait Nikola search and heal him.

Yes, it could make sense. I'm not sure what else might have healed john other than some derivative of source blood. But since Nikola is a brilliant scientist maybe he could also have concocted some antidote to the damage Helen did that didn't use his blood. Something for the writers to clarify.

Not sure what I think about the timeframe though.

Interesting ideas on John and Nikola's relationship.

imo he was basically a good guy, with faults like anyone else, one of which may have been a capacity for violence (which I say because Helen once said no one could become what he was without a predilection for killing). But the energy creature that took over his actions is what really made him a killer.

Thanks for calendar Yami. It's lovely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X