No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought of that either. I always thought John had threatened to harm him if he told, because of what Nikola said about him not being a vampire anymore and John still being a stone-cold killer. But he's a genius so maybe he had more than one reason.
    That never seemed like a completely plausible reason though. Nikola is arrogant, so would he really just comply with John for safetys sake? Besides, it's not like John wouldn't find another reason to come after Nikola if he really wanted. I always thought that maybe Nikola was being more loyal to 'The Five' (even if he didn't particularly get along with John) by not telling Helen where John was. But I like the whole 'he wanted her to himself' idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
      That never seemed like a completely plausible reason though. Nikola is arrogant, so would he really just comply with John for safetys sake? Besides, it's not like John wouldn't find another reason to come after Nikola if he really wanted. I always thought that maybe Nikola was being more loyal to 'The Five' (even if he didn't particularly get along with John) by not telling Helen where John was. But I like the whole 'he wanted her to himself' idea.
      Yeah, Nikola's arrogant, but let's not forget this is Jack the Ripper we're talking about. Nikola knows of his experience with killing, both historically and when the two of them went after Cabal after what happened with Ashley. Plus John had already shoved his arm through Nikola and yanked it out in The Five. So John would have no problem with killing him, imo. As for loyalty, I'd think his loyalty would go to Helen over John. Just my opinion.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

It might be a bit OT to discuss the relationship between Nikola and John here but I just want to say the fear of being killed was not the main reason why Nikola keeps the secret for John. I even doubt John ever threatened to kill him. John trusts Nikola to a certain extent, enough for him to entrust his life to him, for twice at least. I reckon Nikola's explanation is simply an excuse made up for a then angry and frustrated Helen.
        sigpic
        Sign by me

Comment

Maybe, but I guess we'd have to ask someone who knows. All we can do here is toss around our own ideas.
          sigpic

Comment

That's what we are doing, aren't we? Tossing ideas around to keep the Sanctuary fire burning, so to speak.
            Last edited by Dinoman; 19 January 2012, 05:06 PM.
            sigpic
            Sign by me

Comment

I wanted to share this with you all

I tried to follow Sarai's tut but for some reason I couldn't get it to look right. So I started over and only using the third step and the texture and I got this:

I hope you like
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Good enough for me, Yami! Love it!
                sigpic
                Sign by me

Comment

Thank you Dinoman!
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Wow really beautiful Yami. I love the writing, it suits the image so well.

Comment

Wow Yami, it's so intense!
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Thanks Zara and es! It actually took me about half a day to figure out what to use for words for this.... So I'm glad that you all like/love it!
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

RE: Nikola and John, I think their relationship is super complicated, even more complicated than Helen's relationship with either of them.

First, there is the Oxford days. In The Five Helen mentioned no one liked Nikola, so I think it is safe to assume he wasn't friends with John, but if there was actual dislike, we don't know. But if Nikola's love confession to Helen had any truth in it, there probably was jealousy, maybe rivalry. Whenever that aspect of their relationship begin, it was present till John died (if he died). I think that added a touch of civility between them, and after decades that probably formed to some kind of twisted friendship.

Back in Oxford, the source blood chances things. John became the Ripper who was, to some degree, powerless to stop his killings. Nikola turned to vampire.

I know canon doesn't show vampires battling with blood lust, but personally I find it an important part of vampire mythology that simply can't be ignored. It is the prize that has to be paid for vampiric powers, and blood is the addiction that makes vampires do things that are harmful to the people they love. Maybe the problem can be managed. I like to think that it was the case with Nikola, and because it all happened such a long time ago, there is no need to speak of that. (Feeble explanation, I admit )

Anyway, if we assume Nikola had some blood lust problems back in the day, he and John suddenly shared a seriously problematic trait. Not depending what they were before it, suddenly there was the similarity.

If they both knew it before John was busted for killings and/or Nikola found the solution, that it guesswork, but it doesn't chance what happened next: Nikola was controlling his problem, John wasn't even trying to.

Suddenly they went from being in similar situation to exact opposite of it. They gave an opposite answers to the same question (controlling it or not), and probably both of them considered giving the other answer, at some point. What I am trying to say, every time they see each other, they see what might have happened if the willpower swayed at the wrong time, or didn't sway when it did.

I like to think John knows how easy it would be for Nikola to lose the will to maintain control, and that is why he told Ashley that Nikola is the most dangerous of the Five. John is nasty at his best, malicious and mad in his ripper mode, but his 'random' violent behavior has a certain pattern and little purpose. After all, usually he teleports around with a knife and dissects unlucky individuals. Nikola (as we usually see him) lacks the malice John embraces, but his set of skills could cause terrible damage and bloodshed, if used to less nice purposes.

How I see it, John and Nikola are, in a way, keeping each other in control. There is that certain love-to-hate touch in their relationship, and I don't think either of them would kill the other without a very good reason. Nikola let John live after trying to shock him to cooperating, John let Nikola live in Rome (where he could have come back to make sure the job was finished), and that is only the times we know of. It is like they watch each other and make sure the other won't cross certain lines, and they team up even voluntarily when they share a goal. Like they did after Ashley's death... I wonder how many lines were crossed back then, and my guess is: plenty.

Comment

Thank you for this brilliant analysis, FO! Very insightful.

Have to say you guys good bye for the next two weeks. I am leaving for some place internetless, and I am afraid I won't be able to keep up with your chat even if I find a way to check on the renewal updates.

Have fun kiddos, don't do anything I wouldn't do
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                              I wanted to share this with you all

I hope you like

Pretty!
                              (but GW still won't let me green you. )
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow FO...great way of unfolding John and Nikola somewhat. Though

In The Five Helen mentioned no one liked Nikola, so I think it is safe to assume he wasn't friends with John
                                I'm not convinced Helen wasn't just saying this to Nikola out of spite and anger - he was trying to kill her at the time. She may have just said that in the heat of the moment.

Have to say you guys good bye for the next two weeks. I am leaving for some place internetless, and I am afraid I won't be able to keep up with your chat even if I find a way to check on the renewal updates.

Have fun kiddos, don't do anything I wouldn't do
                                Awww we'll miss you es! But I hope you have a good time wherever it is you are!

Comment

Working...
                                X