No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time posting here, very excited! Teslen!
    And apologies if this has been posted already but I love it.
    I found this clip from an interview with Amanda Tapping that was released after the finale last weekend and it gives a good perspective from AT on the kiss/feelings.
    Speaking of Tesla, Magnus gets another kiss.
    And she gets another kiss. We improvised that one. Actually I think in the cut it didn’t quite work out the way that I had hoped. I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it, that this could be the end of the series.

Right.
    It needed to be that dramatic. Jonathan and I talked about it, like we’ve keyed up all these little moments like Vienna in the spring and these little teases that we’ve given the audience. It’s a good-bye. It’s “I love you, get the F out of here because this whole thing is going to blow and one of us has to survive.”

Well I felt that that was sort of what she was doing.
    Yeah, absolutely, good.

I loved Jonathan’s face. His look said, “Hmm, maybe I’ll stay.”
    [Laughs.] Yeah.
    I also love Jonathon's face....

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Starjade!

The finale seems to attract many new people
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
        I still have the thesis that he could be a virgin, I know that sounds ridiculous but after the latest reference with the pigeion I think Sanctuary Tesla is in much aspekts designed to be like the real Tesla and the real Tesla wanted to be celibate so that he could lay all his attention to his work and we learned that in Aerea 51 he made many new inventions, so maybe he has the same ideals and maybe they really wanna have this paralel and IMHO that would be interesting and OK, I admit, a little bit funny too, but that´s not mainstream especially not in this sex fixated society.

And the comment that he loved this pigeon more than the hottie, seriously which sane man would love an animal more than a women he slept with? Let alone to love a pigeon.
        I think they've strayed more and more away from trying to be historically accurate as far as Tesla is concerned. I think JY says something similar in the Character Profile, or maybe it was another interview. LOL. I remember seeing/hearing things but then can't recall exactly where.

You're assuming that all "sane" men love the women they sleep with. Not necessarily so. Nor do all women love the men they sleep with. And we're not positive he slept with the "SCIU hottie."

Originally posted by es! View Post
        Celibacy is not the same as virginity.
        I don't think that our Nikola is written as a virgin but it's only my opinion.
        I fully agree that our Nikola can be celibate, tho. He is just so busy with his theories and plans on world domination that he wouldn't allow a fling to distract him.

Er... sorry for the generalization but men don't really have to love a woman to sleep with her.
        In case of our Nikola, I can imagine he was after some attention and fangirling and it could have gone further than he'd expected *shrugs*
        No I don't think he's a virgin either. But maybe he just doesn't get very involved with a woman very often? He's more interested in his inventions and "in love" with his work, imo. Though he can make exceptions for exceptional women, like Helen.

I don´t think he ever said that he loves the hottie at SCIU, he said that he loved the white dove, more than the hottie at SCIU, does that mean that he loved the hottie a little bit but the dove more? Dunno, but if someone not even remembers the name, the love couldn´t be that big anyway. Even if he was so wraped up in his own misery and therefore didn´t remember her name, when he mentions her the second time he should have her name if really something went on.
        Then perhaps it wasn't serious. Maybe just some flirting going on? Not sure. I wish they'd tell us a little more. I keep thinking of what he said to Will, I think it was in End of Nights, about being in love. Maybe he lets women think they're closer to him than they really are? IMO he's very guarded.
        Last edited by NumberSix; 08 January 2012, 07:02 PM.
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

es:Celibacy is not the same as virginity.
          I don't think that our Nikola is written as a virgin but it's only my opinion.
          I fully agree that our Nikola can be celibate, tho. He is just so busy with his theories and plans on world domination that he wouldn't allow a fling to distract him.
          *nods in agreement*
          Or that he's only interested in the occasional fling. *shrugs* Who knows? Both Helen and Nikola have been alive for so long it's hard to tell. Nikola could have still had a number of sexual experiences spread out over his 150-odd years, but with a heap of time in between so that it was just an occasional thing when he wasn't distracted by his work...or Helen.

Star:Haahaa, working in quotes to real life is awesome! i did that the other day, I said 'carry me?' =P
          I've never been more proud.

Star: I hope you get better soon! (If you haven't already =) )
          I will squee with you, my dear! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I loved the fic, read it the other day =)
          Thank you, darling. All better now. And I'll squee once again just because Helen and Nikola are still sexy like that...
          SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And thank you.

NEW VID!!! Another? IKR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPiMS...1&feature=plcp

ENJOY! It's in HD ;D
          Loved it! Commented on it. Shall rewatch it over and over...

Well, I rather think that he doesn´t meant Helen, it is recorded that real Tesla really had a white dove as friend, so I would think that Nikola really meant a dove and not Helen, alas. It would of course be great if he meant Helen but with this references regarding the real Tesla I´m always not so sure if we can use that for the "Sanctuary world". And he said that he loved her more than the hottie, if it´s Helen, why didn´t he use love instead of loved?
          Didn't RL Tesla claim to have a "pigeon wife" that was his white pigeon? If you guys want the shippy version of that, there's a fic I read a while ago that I just remembered thanks to this discussion about Helen being his white pigeon. It is pretty amazing.
          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7086405/1/

And thank you for linking to ZS's story, I *knew* I missed something but I couldn't remember what. *next on the to-read list*
          Did I not link it? *shrugs* Well thanks Star if I forgot and you did anyway... or something.

Mackandal: I do believe it`s likely that Tesla could never be with a woman for fear of revealing his true self. Would make it hilarious when virgin Tesla eventually hooks up with "been around the block enough times to circumnavigate the globe and in every model of car" Magnus.
          OMG LOL! I love the bolded.

Aaand welcome starjade!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
            Did I not link it? *shrugs* Well thanks Star if I forgot and you did anyway... or something.
            No, you did post the link, and I was going to add it to my to-read list (I really have one), but I apparently forgot.
            Many thanks to Star for reminding me, again
            I've already read and commented I'm ewigestudentin on ff.net. And I totally agree with you ZS, Teslen do tend to hijack stories

Comment

Speaking of white dove...

http://www.teslauniverse.com/nikola-...by-commander-x

OH. MY. TESLEN.
              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
              - Doctor Who (series 7)
              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

What an awesome find!
                Teslen was canon decades before Sanctuary aired

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  I think they've strayed more and more away from trying to be historically accurate as far as Tesla is concerned. I think JY says something similar in the Character Profile, or maybe it was another interview. LOL. I remember seeing/hearing things but then can't recall exactly where.
                  Yes, it was the character profile, and I think it was mentioned in his interview with the Morton Report too.

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  You're assuming that all "sane" men love the women they sleep with. Not necessarily so. Nor do all women love the men they sleep with. And we're not positive he slept with the "SCIU hottie."

No I don't think he's a virgin either. But maybe he just doesn't get very involved with a woman very often? He's more interested in his inventions and "in love" with his work, imo. Though he can make exceptions for exceptional women, like Helen.

Then perhaps it wasn't serious. Maybe just some flirting going on? Not sure. I wish they'd tell us a little more. I keep thinking of what he said to Will, I think it was in End of Nights, about being in love. Maybe he lets women think they're closer to him than they really are? IMO he's very guarded.
                  Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                  *nods in agreement*
                  Or that he's only interested in the occasional fling. *shrugs* Who knows? Both Helen and Nikola have been alive for so long it's hard to tell. Nikola could have still had a number of sexual experiences spread out over his 150-odd years, but with a heap of time in between so that it was just an occasional thing when he wasn't distracted by his work...or Helen.
                  I just rewatched "End of Night Part 1" and in the library scene he told Will that he has been in love for 'countless times' but the difference is he recognised the emotion of love as "an irrational, self-destructive impulse which is disguised as joy". So our Tesla is a seasoned lover but just too "sane" to succumb to it. (until Helen showed up, of course!)
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                    I just rewatched "End of Night Part 1" and in the library scene he told Will that he has been in love for 'countless times' but the difference is he recognised the emotion of love as "an irrational, self-destructive impulse which is disguised as joy". So our Tesla is a seasoned lover but just too "sane" to succumb to it. (until Helen showed up, of course!)
                    Golden words.

Comment

That's the quote. But if he was "in love" countless times does that mean he slept with them?? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe some but not all of them. But thinking of him as a "seasoned lover" did make me slide toward the gutter... just a bit. LOL
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

That is my favorite Sanctuary quote I have been thinking it and what it might mean (I may have too much free time at the moment ) I have decided it is one of The Moments that tell us a lot of Nikola if we are able to decide what it means.

I have two lines of thought but I can't decide which one is better. More Teslen one () points out that Nikola didn't say that the 'countless times' he has been in love were with different persons, meaning it may have been Helen all along. You know the drill: "OMG I am in love with her/him but she/he doesn't love me back!" "I am SO over her/him" and next week: "Oh she/he is so sweet...!" That kind of emotional roller coaster would certainly explain the 'self destructive' part of the quote. (I actually wrote a fic of this and even tried writing an English version of it, too. I guess my beta gave up when she saw all the horrid mistakes, probably I'll try again later )

The second line of though is that Tesla uses the word 'love' in a different way that many others do. His comments (that in the quote, his confession in Rome, the SCIU hottie he loved etc.) feel right, like he means them, but his actions don't support the words, not when it's Helen whose words command him. Like the three magical words, "out with it", and he'll tell her any masterplan he is working with

Personally I find the second line of thought more interesting. What a person truly means when s/he says 'I love you' tells a lot of him or her... I mean, it may be anything from 'I want to see your pants falling off NOW, not tomorrow' to 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you and work hard for us when we face hardship, so that you'll always be the first thing I'll think when considering a new decision'. What does it mean when Tesla says it? 'You are smart and somewhat pretty, you are not boring and you fascinate me. Play some mental games with me and join me when I insult Edison, it would amuse me greatly'?

Comment

WILL:
                          Huh. So I'm guessing you've never been in love, then.

TESLA:
                          Countless times, my friend. See, the difference is I recognize the emotion for what it is: An irrational, self-destructive impulse which is disguised as joy.
                          I find his remark very interesting, I like to think that he meant Helen but that is probably just my wishful Teslen thinking and then he would have rather said countless years instead of countles times but then Will could put one and one together.

If this is really his opinion then something must have really hurt him, of course Helen and John comes to my mind but if he doesn´t meant Helen then it seems as if there were other women which hurted him maybe, to have such a negative mindset something must have happened IMO.

You really can´t be sure what he means when he says that he loves you, in the majority of cases he probably really thinks "take off your clothes, immediately"
                          Last edited by Altariel; 09 January 2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

You really can´t be sure what he means when he says that he loves you, in the majority of cases he probably really thinks "take off your clothes, immediately"
                            Hmmm I can't agree here. I don't think he's after bodily experiences. I mean, the motions are the same they can get boring after decades. So it's got to be a very Special Person to make it interesting... so I rather go with the following interpretation:

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                            What does it mean when Tesla says it? 'You are smart and somewhat pretty, you are not boring and you fascinate me. Play some mental games with me and join me when I insult Edison, it would amuse me greatly'?
                            Mind games! Bring it on baby

May I add my interpretation?

I remember Jon said he was afraid to join twitter because he gets easily caught up in things.
                            Maybe Tesla is similar. He gets exalted over interesting stuff immediately. I think it's safe to say that he definitely has an amorous disposition towards things intelligent and mysterious - be it science or women.
                            It also tracks with his being fickle - he falls in love with his next hobby before he is quite done with his current one.
                            Maybe this is why he told Helen that he loved her, and made the move to kill her (or scare her) so soon after.

Do my ramblings make sense?
                            Either way, I know such people. Amorous disposition or not, they remain very fond of their romantic interests (subjects or people) for the rest of their lives That would track with Nikola too

Comment

es, that is pretty much what I think, I just haven't been able to put it words as well as you

People like that forget all kinds of little things like paying their bills and eating when they have found something new. They stay up too long because whatever they are doing is so interesting they can't wait to next morning, and certainly they can't miss anything. Then they sleep whatever time they can and (unless blessed with vampiric stamina ) end up looking (and reeking) like shaky, overly caffeinated zombies. They take their projects too far, even when the project consumes way too much time, or when it proves to be somehow damaging, probably dangerous.

In short, people who shouldn't live without someone to supervise them and keep them in check I know the type and Tesla definitely fits the description

Comment

^ yeah it's canon that our Nikola forgot to shower when he had been working on the map with Helen

Comment

Working...
                                X