• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG!! You have to read this:

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Amanda Tapping on 'Sanctuary': 'I'm not ready to let it go'
    Show Patrol

Excerpt -

There’s still no word on that, but Tapping wants another season.

“A, I'm not ready to let it go, but also I think the concept right now could be so interesting,” she told me recently. “I just think there are so many opportunities for us to revamp without losing our unique flavor, but I think it could be a really fresh, invigorating start. It already is with the new sanctuary. Just to explore that, it’s beautiful.”

Here’s the last segment of my interview with Tapping from before Part 1 of the season finale aired, which includes all the spoilery stuff I didn’t want to publish before. So if you haven’t seen the finale, SPOILER ALERT!

For the complete article, follow the link
    My favourite part:

Spoiler:

I: Speaking of Tesla, Magnus gets another kiss.
    A: And she gets another kiss. We improvised that one. Actually I think in the cut it didn’t quite work out the way that I had hoped. I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it, that this could be the end of the series.

I: Right.
    A: It needed to be that dramatic. Jonathan and I talked about it, like we’ve keyed up all these little moments like Vienna in the spring and these little teases that we’ve given the audience. It’s a good-bye. It’s “I love you, get the F out of here because this whole thing is going to blow and one of us has to survive.”

I: Well I felt that that was sort of what she was doing.
    A: Yeah, absolutely, good.

I: I loved Jonathan’s face. His look said, “Hmm, maybe I'll stay.”
    A: [Laughs.] Yeah.
    sigpic
    Sign by me

Comment

Spoiler:

From the finale
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
        OMG!! You have to read this:

My favourite part:

Spoiler:

I: Speaking of Tesla, Magnus gets another kiss.
        A: And she gets another kiss. We improvised that one. Actually I think in the cut it didn’t quite work out the way that I had hoped. I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it, that this could be the end of the series.

I: Right.
        A: It needed to be that dramatic. Jonathan and I talked about it, like we’ve keyed up all these little moments like Vienna in the spring and these little teases that we’ve given the audience. It’s a good-bye. It’s “I love you, get the F out of here because this whole thing is going to blow and one of us has to survive.”

I: Well I felt that that was sort of what she was doing.
        A: Yeah, absolutely, good.

I: I loved Jonathan’s face. His look said, “Hmm, maybe I'll stay.”
        A: [Laughs.] Yeah.
        Spoiler:
        “I love you, get the F out of here because this whole thing is going to blow and one of us has to survive.”
        I lol'd. But she said it herself. TESLEN IS AN ITEM

and yes. AT did make it believable. She is a brilliant actress

Amanda Tapping on 'Sanctuary': 'I'm not ready to let it go'
        Show Patrol

Excerpt -

There’s still no word on that, but Tapping wants another season.

“A, I'm not ready to let it go, but also I think the concept right now could be so interesting,” she told me recently. “I just think there are so many opportunities for us to revamp without losing our unique flavor, but I think it could be a really fresh, invigorating start. It already is with the new sanctuary. Just to explore that, it’s beautiful.”

Here’s the last segment of my interview with Tapping from before Part 1 of the season finale aired, which includes all the spoilery stuff I didn’t want to publish before. So if you haven’t seen the finale, SPOILER ALERT!

For the complete article, follow the link
        Its awesome that she feels the same way as we fans do.
        thanks for the info.. i wonder how you find these?

From the finale
        OMG! That is so simple.. yet... UNBELIEVABLE
        Mind if I add it to my sanctuary collage??????????????????????

...i should stop posting so often, but then again, its EPIC ive found this forum, I can just be as shippy and excited as i want and there is no problem
        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
        - Doctor Who (series 7)
        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Guys, your talk about smelling JYo totally creeps me out!

iJoke, Austria is in Europe... not to confuse with Australia (but I souldn't be telling you that, right? )

Davala - lovely banner! <3

Re: interview
            I love it that the kiss was ad-libbed (AT just can't keep her hands off JYo, eh? )
            But I absolutely don't like that it was a farewell "I'm going to die" kiss

iJoke,
            Jonathon is 37. I wonder how young your school chums are if they consider that old
            And it's okay to like older men. Boys often need a couple of more years to matture than girls, so it's totally normal that girls like somebody older, with the same level of maturity.
            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Spoiler:
              I don´t know what I shall think about the fact that, according to the interview, it seemed clear to both that she would die but he nevertheless left her alone :-/ So apparently it wasn´t planned that she could get out of there but she saw the chance and took it. But the "more of Jonathon part" I like verly much.

Comment

I am sorry but the whole season finale looks illogical to me. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. PTB wanted us to believe he'd leave her there alone? Pfft. They were just playing us, like Amanda said in the interview -
                Spoiler:
                "I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it"

I think it was a cheap plot move and inconsiderate writing. Very much like with Will this season who kept bein a plot device instead of being in-character.

Comment

Okay, so I was sick for three days (WHY OH WHY WHEN SANCTUARY WAS AIRING?) and didn't watch it till tonight. So forgive me if I don't actually respond to anything being written and just die with a very loud and dramatic squee.
                  SQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .
                  (I promise I shall converse/fangirl more once I've recovered ).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                      I am sorry but the whole season finale looks illogical to me. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. PTB wanted us to believe he'd leave her there alone? Pfft. They were just playing us, like Amanda said in the interview -
                      Spoiler:
                      "I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it"

I think it was a cheap plot move and inconsiderate writing. Very much like with Will this season who kept bein a plot device instead of being in-character.
                      That´s what I´m saying, if he really loves her, he wouldn´t have left her alone, otherwise, if I were Helen, I would doubt his love somewhat. No one would leave the person he/she loves alone to die. I thought that it was the plan that Helen would use the vest, then I could understand that Nikola left her, when he thought that she could make it with the vest but it seems that this was a spontaneous move from helen and Nikola didn´t know anything about it, dunno but that doesn´t look like love, wouldn´t he rather die than life without her?

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                        iJoke, Austria is in Europe... not to confuse with Australia (but I souldn't be telling you that, right? )
                        I often get confused with Austria and Australia When I read RL-Tesla I wtf-ed quite a while when I thought he had gone to an Australian polytechnic university. For some reason, it didn't seem to fit

As a side note, it is good to remember that after RL-Tesla was born the world has seen two world wars, rise of communism, cold war and other fun stuff like that. Eastern (and Eastern-ish) Europe had it pretty bad, and the part that nowadays is Austria was a part of Austria-Hungary (a big country) untill 1st WW ended.

After it the war, Austria-Hungary was splitted to parts. Some of the parts gained independence, others were attached to other countries. Among the countries that gained independence were Austria and Yugoslavia.

There were 3 Yugoslavias actually (not at the same time though), and latest of them ended in a very sad manner. The first Yugoslavia was monarchistic, the second was social Yugoslavia (that had 3 different names during its years) and the the third was a federal republic. Yugoslavia had a strong leader (Tito) and after he died there was a series of wars that splitted the country further. One of the new countries was Croatia (got independence in 1991).

What all of this has to do with Tesla, well, RL-Tesla was a Serb but his birthplace is, in fact, in Croatia. That and the history of the place is something many ff-writer, who use RL-Tesla as 'a starting point' to Sanctury-Tesla, seem not to know. It is just so easy to assume that if he was a Serb, he was born and lived in Serbia till he moved to USA

As you can see from the years, RL-Tesla died much before Croatia gained independence. He was still alive (but had lived in USA for ages) when monarchistic Yugoslavia was formed. If he was still alive when social Yugoslavia was officially born, I don't know. RL-Tesla died in 7th of January of the same year Yugoslavia became officially social Yugoslavia.

(Huh, better post this before some accident happens to the text, this was a pain to write!)

Comment

That´s what I´m saying, if he really loves her, he wouldn´t have left her alone, otherwise, if I were Helen, I would doubt his love somewhat. No one would leave the person he/she loves alone to die. I thought that it was the plan that Helen would use the vest, then I could understand that Nikola left her, when he thought that she could make it with the vest but it seems that this was a spontaneous move from helen and Nikola didn´t know anything about it, dunno but that doesn´t look like love, wouldn´t he rather die than life without her?
                          Ouch that hurts... but I suppose it is sort of true.. :/
                          I suppose mabye the writers are taking into account the REAL nikola tesla.. the one that ended up dying alone.
                          But ive seen the scene a couple of times (because i am making my vid...coming soon to YT ) and i can see from his eyes..he'd rather not let her go. Eyes are the windows to the soul. But then again.. if you truly love someone, you have to let them go.. no matter what the cost.

I am sorry but the whole season finale looks illogical to me. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. PTB wanted us to believe he'd leave her there alone? Pfft. They were just playing us, like Amanda said in the interview
                          PTB??????????

Guys, your talk about smelling JYo totally creeps me out!
                          forgive me.. but this is the only place to really EXPRESS my fangirlism..or shippiness

REALLY?! i was never good at geography..
                          But of course I wouldnt confuse it with australia..thats my home country

iJoke,
                          Jonathon is 37. I wonder how young your school chums are if they consider that old
                          And it's okay to like older men. Boys often need a couple of more years to matture than girls, so it's totally normal that girls like somebody older, with the same level of maturity.
                          Im the oldest in the grade.. which makes me the oldest student in the school now... Oh my! O.O
                          People in my year.. single sex school.. are the types that are into boys boys ooh sex and not to mention boys. (so yeah..im a girl)
                          When i showed one of my friends a picture of him.. she was like 'OMG youd like to have sex with that?!'
                          My face was half WTF and O.o
                          Girls can be soooo immature.
                          I like older men..so what..
                          Yes and i agree on the maturity thing.

However i recall my sibling once asking if JoYo dyes his hair brown..because in a couple YT clips his hair is greyish
                          I dont care though.. he is still brilliant

..yes i have just noticed i am posting things backwards. Oh well.
                          Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                          - Doctor Who (series 7)

WAITING:
                          - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                            I often get confused with Austria and Australia When I read RL-Tesla I wtf-ed quite a while when I thought he had gone to an Australian polytechnic university. For some reason, it didn't seem to fit

As a side note, it is good to remember that after RL-Tesla was born the world has seen two world wars, rise of communism, cold war and other fun stuff like that. Eastern (and Eastern-ish) Europe had it pretty bad, and the part that nowadays is Austria was a part of Austria-Hungary (a big country) untill 1st WW ended.

After it the war, Austria-Hungary was splitted to parts. Some of the parts gained independence, others were attached to other countries. Among the countries that gained independence were Austria and Yugoslavia.

There were 3 Yugoslavias actually (not at the same time though), and latest of them ended in a very sad manner. The first Yugoslavia was monarchistic, the second was social Yugoslavia (that had 3 different names during its years) and the the third was a federal republic. Yugoslavia had a strong leader (Tito) and after he died there was a series of wars that splitted the country further. One of the new countries was Croatia (got independence in 1991).

What all of this has to do with Tesla, well, RL-Tesla was a Serb but his birthplace is, in fact, in Croatia. That and the history of the place is something many ff-writer, who use RL-Tesla as 'a starting point' to Sanctury-Tesla, seem not to know. It is just so easy to assume that if he was a Serb, he was born and lived in Serbia till he moved to USA

As you can see from the years, RL-Tesla died much before Croatia gained independence. He was still alive (but had lived in USA for ages) when monarchistic Yugoslavia was formed. If he was still alive when social Yugoslavia was officially born, I don't know. RL-Tesla died in 7th of January of the same year Yugoslavia became officially social Yugoslavia.

(Huh, better post this before some accident happens to the text, this was a pain to write!)
                            AAustralia is where I live... mabye thatll help you remember?

~~~

WATCHING:
                            - Doctor Who (series 7)

WAITING:

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

It's great to have you back, ZS! Get well soon! *hugs*

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                              Yep, that's mostly correct. Tesla is an ethnic Serbian but he has never been a Serbian national because half Europe was Austrian Empire back then
                              When you look up his citizenship, it's always only Austrian Empire and America.

Now I am not a history buff but present-time Austria didn't become independent from Austrian Empire The Empire was split as a result of the war and bad governing. Now it's the tiniest country of them all - Germany, Czech Rep., Hungary, Serbia, Croatia swallowed parts of the Empire.

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                              Ouch that hurts... but I suppose it is sort of true.. :/
                              I suppose mabye the writers are taking into account the REAL nikola tesla.. the one that ended up dying alone.
                              But ive seen the scene a couple of times (because i am making my vid...coming soon to YT ) and i can see from his eyes..he'd rather not let her go. Eyes are the windows to the soul. But then again.. if you truly love someone, you have to let them go.. no matter what the cost.
                              I really can't agree with that. I think that it was a cheap melodramatic trick from the Powers That Be (aka PTB, aka Amanda, Damian & co. in this case). If it was clear to Helen and Nikola that she wouldn't make it, WHY wouldn't Nikola stay there to kill Caleb? I mean, we saw him killing one of Caleb's cronies with his bare hands. We saw him surviving an explosion in ToB and he was not a vampire in that ep! It's only logical for him to stay instead of Helen!!! So logic dictates they both counted on the vest and Nikola was sure the vest would work. But Amanda says she wantet it too look like Helen was about to die. I hate it. What a dumb, illogical, cheap move!

forgive me.. but this is the only place to really EXPRESS my fangirlism..or shippiness
                              I didn't mean it seriously
                              Besides, I totally understand that the smell of a person is very important

REALLY?! i was never good at geography..
                              But of course I wouldnt confuse it with australia..thats my home country
                              This is exactly why I said I wouldn't have to tell that to *you*!

she was like 'OMG youd like to have sex with that?!'
                              OMG, my condolences!
                              Apparently you have to put up with very shallow people there

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X