Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rather questionable privilege!
    It's not like I studied there at the same time as he did!
    (I am old but not that old!)

I think it was called the University of Graz back in his day. Graz being the second largest city in Austria.
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Spoiler:
      with all the trouble Nikola got into with SCIU, he might need to hide out for a bit, too. I really hope he goes with her! Or at least visits frequently.
      I think he is surely super excited and can´t wait to see the new Sanctuary, all that technic stuff. IMHO it´s a lot like praxis (the transportation system we saw) and Helen (nasty women she is ^^) never allowed him to come to Hollow Earth, so I think he has his fun there, and by way of variation I don´t mean with Helen.

I really would like to ask Gillian if Nikola went with her, but I would feel so dumb and fangirlish.

Comment

Oh, I was exited yesterday I totally forget: Happy 2012 to everybody!

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
        My theory is that in this new world, it will be a piece of the puzzle past... they will find a baby (or a child whatever)
        And can you guess who owns it

May i quote magnus on this '...oh dear lord'
        Haha, that would be fun, in a way

I am a bit confused about Helen's time warp because
        Spoiler:
        it seems she did a lot interfering after all. All the money she collected was away from somewhere else and if she started to build the underground Sanctuary before re-joining her timeline (as it seems, judging be the sheer size of the place) she needed workers, and she needed people who took whatever tech she got from Praxis. I'd assume she took stuff from there before the place was destroyed because the gap between Praxis and Surface tech is so big she'd have to had Tesla work with it for a while if getting the technology was a true salvage mission. Not good for timeline integrity!

I don't think Helen dared to meet Tesla during the time warp and do anything major, relationship or mission wise... Tesla and first time around version of Helen met later and had Tesla referred to things that happened to Helen later it wouldn't have been good for timeline. Had she told her she'd do the time warp, that would have been heavy interfering, and again bad for the timeline. But she did a lot interfering and some kind of a relationship with future-Helen would certainly explain his automatic flirtation, tke kiss and stuff

Who knows, but for reasons that have little to do with logic, I am not a big fan of this possibility. It would thought fit to how storylines are told in Sanctuary, when many of the dramatic, important moments are left off-screen.

RE: Vienna, that is an interesting fact, iJoke

I didn't know RL-Tesla was kicked out from Graz I knew he was there only a while but I always assumed he left the place for reasons that were something else getting kicked out because of not attending to exams

Comment

A rather questionable privilege!
          It's not like I studied there at the same time as he did!
          (I am old but not that old!)

I think it was called the University of Graz back in his day. Graz being the second largest city in Austria.

I meant OUT OF ALL the universities in the world................ not only do i find where Tesla studied. But i (virtually) know someone who went there.

I mean if i were a new student at that uni I'd be announcing..very loudly.. "TESLA STUDIED HERE....OH MY GOSH!! DID YOU KNOW JOYO ACTS AS NT ON SANCTUARY. OMGOMOGOMG" and id either pass out or walk into a door

I really would like to ask Gillian if Nikola went with her, but I would feel so dumb and fangirlish.
          I know how you feel. when i went to this scifi expo where chris and ryan were at. I felt desperate to ask a question or two..and one of them was about nikolaxhelen.. but i semi-chickened out and asked (if i remember correctly), i quote myself: 'in the sanctuary episodes you appear bald (he wasnt bald when I was given the microphone) is it because you shave or do you wear a bald cap..and will ashley be back (shortly after watching the episode with her death)'
          my sibling facepalmed when i asked about ashley, but the baldcap one apparently was an interesting question......apparently he shaves for druitt. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. :O

RE: Vienna, that is an interesting fact, iJoke
          Thankyou. It startled me too.. I mean.. i was near the end of writing my study notes.. when i read about tesla and then i saw the word vienna and i was speechless.. i even bookmarked my book to make sure i post it on GW.

Haha, that would be fun, in a way
          I reckon it'd make a great story arc
          Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
          - Doctor Who (series 7)
          - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
          - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
          - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
          - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

iJoke, you can brag with your Austrian connection now

FromOutside,
            he was not exactly kicked out. He also didn't pay the tuition fee for the second year so he was expelled rather automatically with no fuss. They say he took many classes during his first year and was quite a brilliant student, so I gather he was bored or moved on to something more interesting (Oxford? ) and this is why he was not in Graz for the exams.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              First off all:

Happy 2012!!!

Hope it'll be a great year for everyone

And second:
              I liked the Real Version better than the BtS one.
              It was better than I thought it would be!
              Happy New Year!
              Yeah, this version is MUCH better than the BTS one

My theory is that in this new world, it will be a piece of the puzzle past... they will find a baby (or a child whatever)
              And can you guess who owns it

May i quote magnus on this '...oh dear lord'
              Haha, you said that on my vid on YT And I agree, that would be very interesting!

SUCCESS
              Thankyou!

As long as it looks...something like them and/or if you didnt know where it was from you could identify the people immediatley then im all smiles
              Your Welcome!
              Yep, I can tell exactly where its from!!

A full circle!

Oh I thought it was the same kiss... just they were filming it. Before they add the badass lab background!
              think of it.. filming it over and over and over
              Yeah, it is the same kiss
              I know, how awesome would that have been....over and over and over.... =D

AD-LIBBED?!

makes sense since AT once said on facebook that she loves JoYo. So that kiss was a mix of magnus and tapping

PS: how do i respond to people in ONE long message rather than make thousands of little comments
              I THINK it was ad-libbed
              To reply to multiple posts, you click the right hand button next to 'reply with quote' and keep doing that until you get to the last message you want to reply to, then click 'reply to quote' on that one and all the messages will appear in the reply box, you just have to write after the quote of each one then Hope thats not confusing

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
              I also have a new banner to share with you all. It is snurchable to anyone who wishes it I used the same three pics of Helen and Nikola. I hope you like it

Spoiler:
              http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/Teslen46Banner.jpg
              OMG!! I love it! Can I use it as my sig?? Pleaseeeee?

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
              *walks in* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! *bounces off walls* They kissed!!!!! *bounces some more* *tries to calm down a little*

Seriously, though, that was EPIC! I watched it at least five times before I could move on and watch the rest of the episode. And the expression on their faces afterwards, before he closes the door... *melts* WHY must Nikola Tesla be dead in real life and not be a vampire in real life? Maybe we should start a "Tesla Lives!" movement, kind of like the "Frodo Lives!" movement...

At any rate, that was a fantastic episode! I wonder if he is going into hiding with Helen in the new Sanctuary? I really hope they did. I would think that, with all the troubler Nikola got into with SCIU, he might need to hide out for a bit, too. I really hope he goes with her! Or at least visits frequently.
              *flails and bounces with you* I know! It was like one of their best eps everrrrr! =D
              OMT, we should totally start a 'Tesla lives' movement!
              I hope he hides down their too, there will be no escape for magnus from his charms *nudgenudgewinkwink*

If anyone recalls the line about 'vienna in springtime'

As i was studying physics just a few minutes ago..i stumbled upon something that is POSSIBLY important.
              As i was reading about AC and DC i read about a Vienna exhibition in 1873.. and then i scanned to the time Nikola was around. And it makes sense. Nikola mustve been refering to that exhibition.. before or after it. Something like that.
              So my theory is: Helen didnt tell him about the two helens.. and they met around that time. And..did.. stuff...
              ^-^
              OMG! There is ACTUALLY a historical reference!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Thanks for sharing that!

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
              I love that, I love that!! Thank you Star!!! The music and the scene are just made for each other, and my heart sinks when Nikola closes the door ..... The slow motion ..... I can see Nikola wouldn't let go when Helen pulls away and how Helen touches his shirt and tie .... heartbreaking
              Thanks Dino!!! I really enjoyed making it

Originally posted by es! View Post
              In re: to RL Tesla's time on the territory of present time Austria:
              It's actually funny because I studied finances and not physics or anything like that. But I remember one of our professors asking us about famous people who studied at our university in the past, and somebody brought up Tesla. (Mind you, it happened like ages ago, I had no idea who JYo was back then.)
              So I remember that professor the other day and go to check Tesla's biography, and it turns out that he was expelled from the university for not appearing to the exams
              (it was apparently his second year there tho, he was prolific and above average successful in his first year there.)
              NIKOLA.TESLA.WENT.TO.YOUR.UNIVERSITY........*brain diez* OMG!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!! I'd go round touching all the walls and hug the chairs just in case he sat on them!!!! ;D

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
              Spoiler:
              I think he is surely super excited and can´t wait to see the new Sanctuary, all that technic stuff. IMHO it´s a lot like praxis (the transportation system we saw) and Helen (nasty women she is ^^) never allowed him to come to Hollow Earth, so I think he has his fun there, and by way of variation I don´t mean with Helen.

^agree!
              Just ask her! You never know she might reply!! She is the most likely of the Sanctuary peeps on Twitter to reply =D

I meant OUT OF ALL the universities in the world................ not only do i find where Tesla studied. But i (virtually) know someone who went there.

I mean if i were a new student at that uni I'd be announcing..very loudly.. "TESLA STUDIED HERE....OH MY GOSH!! DID YOU KNOW JOYO ACTS AS NT ON SANCTUARY. OMGOMOGOMG" and id either pass out or walk into a door

......apparently he shaves for druitt. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. :O

Thankyou. It startled me too.. I mean.. i was near the end of writing my study notes.. when i read about tesla and then i saw the word vienna and i was speechless.. i even bookmarked my book to make sure i post it on GW.
              I know, me too!!!! YAY!

I WOULD TOO! If we were their together then we'd both be going round and screaming!!! LOL!!

He does? Wow! That's like Teal'c on SG-1, he shaved his head every morning for about 8 years. Then they finally let him have hair =D

I would totally do the same thing!

iJoke, you can brag with your Austrian connection now

FromOutside,
              he was not exactly kicked out. He also didn't pay the tuition fee for the second year so he was expelled rather automatically with no fuss. They say he took many classes during his first year and was quite a brilliant student, so I gather he was bored or moved on to something more interesting (Oxford? ) and this is why he was not in Graz for the exams.
              BOLDED: YESSS!! We can work Sanctuary fiction into fact!
              sigpic
              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
              Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                I'd go round touching all the walls and hug the chairs just in case he sat on them!!!! ;D
                Sorry I had to laugh out loud at that!
                You are so cute

Comment

To everyone who loved my banner: Thank you very much!!!

Star: I've PM'ed you about the banner
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Sorry I had to laugh out loud at that!
                    You are so cute
                    Heeheee, its just my madness taking over, don't mind me

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                    To everyone who loved my banner: Thank you very much!!!

Star: I've PM'ed you about the banner
                    Your Welcome, and thanks for letting me use it!

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

2. Skype Chat- Jonathon Young- eBay item #260921242060

More items on sale @ Sanctuary For Kids (S4K) auction - http://www.sanctuaryforkids.org/inde...d=55&Itemid=64
                    sigpic
                    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                    Indeed

Comment

What a great find, Star. MMD. Even if I would never be able to afford it.

Comment

What a great find, Star. MMD. Even if I would never be able to afford it.
                        MMD?

Heehee, I always check the auction site
                        I couldn't either, especially since loads of people are gonna bid, it'll be £5,000 before they know it!
                        sigpic
                        Indeed

Comment

(It) made my day
                          I think Jon has no idea how much money will be offered for his chat!
                          He'd probably be humbled
                          I also bet that all of them - JY, AT, DK would not cut off after 20 minutes sharp

Comment

(It) made my day
                            I think Jon has no idea how much money will be offered for his chat!
                            He'd probably be humbled
                            I also bet that all of them - JY, AT, DK would not cut off after 20 minutes sharp
                            Yeah, I want him to know how popular he is. Plus, I think he's getting more involved in fandom. The convention, and now the skype chat, he's getting there!! ;D

Oh, I bet they don't, I bet JY would be too scared to say, time's up lol not because he's whimpy, but because he's not used to it I wonder if there'll be someone else from Sanctuary or a organiser of the auction there with him to say when the chat should end.

ALSO!! I wonder if he has an account!! :O Cause then if he uses that to chat to the fan(s) they'll know his account!! Or will they use an account that is used for everyone?
                            sigpic
                            Indeed

Comment

OH! And whoever wins this chat with him, HAS to record it!!
                              sigpic
                              Indeed

Comment

Wow, that is sooooo cool, but of course I have no money to make a bid And I would be too nevous anyway. I hope it´s getting even more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X