Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ I certainly hope so!
    I mean, it was probably more omportant to show how Will got there, in terms of the full circle and all.
    There is no way Helen leaves Henry alone so he must have gotten the instructions on how to get to the new Sanctuary, and he was with Tesla so they both are probably there already.
    Besides, Jon said that Tesla would be an integral part of the team by the end of this season. So I guess he will have to live underground too
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33403[/ATTACH]
      the actual kiss

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33406[/ATTACH]
      and again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33404[/ATTACH]
      my digital personal touch (i made two.. the other is in another thread)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33405[/ATTACH]
      my digital personal touch... DRAWING IN UNDER 10MINS
      *personal record*
      Amazing! Mind if I use two of them for my rp?
      sigpic

Comment

Hello!!! Been a few years since I was on the forum; this will be the first time *ever* posting in Teslen world!
        Love this pairing to pieces. Finally couldn't stand not having anyone to chat to about my favorite pair (why does no one watch Sanctuary where I am?!) so here I am. Baked cookies to celebrate Teslen as we enter 2012, please enjoy! *Passes out nubbin-shaped cookies*

Regarding SFN2:

Spoiler:

I had to watch the episode twice, because I was getting darn confused figuring out who was where and why! And I admit: I also really disliked the kiss the first time I saw it. It felt SO SUDDEN! Too sudden! But upon second viewing, I managed to rationalize the kiss into a happy place. Here's my theory:

Although Helen tells Will that she's trusted no one with her plans, it's clear that Tesla and Henry know she's going to destroy the Sanctuary and survive via Henry's suit of wonder. The three of them are way too coordinated throughout Caleb's attack for it to be impromptu. (By the way, I suspect Henry's suit got a few improvements from Tesla before Helen was allowed to use it!)

Assuming Tesla, Henry, and Helen all know that there is a safe way to survive the demolition, then the kiss scene reads a little easier. It's not Helen suddenly realizing she's hot for Tesla; it's just Helen kissing Niko for good luck. However (muhahaha) because it's Tesla, the simple good luck kiss *accidentally* becomes a sexually charged endeavor.

(No complaints from either party on that eh?) ;D

I LOVED that Niko was speechless afterward. Helen looked fairly flustered too. *Squee*

I really think that had Tesla thought for a moment that Helen was in danger of *not* surviving the explosion, there's no way he would have left her. (And, he would have snogged her first.) But as it played out in the episode as we know it- Tesla knows she'll be fine. Helen knows she'll be fine. The kiss wasn't intended to be a confirmation of their crazy lust; just a peck for good luck. A peck that managed to confirm said crazy lust when Tesla went all speechless and Helen went teary eyed. *shipper dance dance dance*

My only complaint about the kiss scene is really just how TPTB filmed it. Making the kiss a wide shot (is that the term?) so suddenly, after being in close-up, made it less intimate that it could have been. Which was probably the point- but it happened too fast for it be a comfy viewing experience! I felt disoriented!

I also wanted to comment on the infamous pigeons/white dove/cut scenes:

Spoiler:

I REALLY WISH THOSE CUT SCENES WEREN'T CUT! Watching SFN1/2 back to back I get the feeling much of Niko's storyline was chopped. He fits into SFN2, but there is a GIANT gap for his storyline as it relates to Helen.

So far as SFN1/2 show, Henry is the only person at the Sanctuary who knows that Tesla was screwed out of his research. Tesla elected not to tell Helen this small, DEVASTATING detail, when she first finds him. Had Tesla confessed to Helen that he was upset about losing his research, not just his lucrative financial situation, she would have been ALL over him. Particularly if he confessed after also learning that his research was being turned into a death-trap for abnormals. Can you say SHIP?! Niko angst combined with Helen being shocked and upset for her friend...ah yes, I can see some touchy touchy.

I think that one photo (from what is sadly a cut scene) with Helen's hand touching Niko's cheek across her desk was likely the scene where he told her that his research notes were jacked by the government. That scene has so much shipper potential! Particularly if that object behind the glass on the desk is a white dove that somehow pertains to Helen. Somehow linking Helen to the infamous white dove would be RIDICULOUSLY FANTASTIC.

In all, I hope the cut scenes show up on the dvds for this season! If not, maybe they can be reworked for future episodes? While I really appreciate open-ended details (like "Vienna"), I also really like it when a casual detail gets explained in-depth later on in the episode. In this case, I would have preferred the later!

But I am so, SO glad that certain scenes were not cut. They made it a very happy new year a few hours early! ;D

So Happy New Year! Very excited to see Tesla in the next season. There is going to be another season, right? Confirmation, anyone? *Looks hopefully*

Comment

Hi there, Lauradorable! Welcome to this thread

I totally agree with the points you've made. I would hate the kiss be a farewell kiss because such kisses are often immature I rather think they knew they'd meet soon again, and it was a tiny confirmation of their feelings to each other, and a peck for good luck

I would love to see the scene where Helen explains her plan to Nikola and tell him where to meet her later. Maybe they had some intimate moments (or at least meaningful glances ) in that scene. Too bad it was not filmed

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
            I agree, it must have been terrible for Nikola. I don´t know if he knew that she has at least a chance to survive with the help of Henrys vest.

In my shippy mind he is with Helen and Henry already in the new Sanctuary even before Will arrives.
            same here!

Comment

Welcome Lauradorable and sadly there hasnt been confirmation on the 5th season but there better be one!

Comment

I do think he was there waiting for her with Henry and perhaps Erika
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                  What do you think
                  Spoiler:
                  were there two Helens in that timeline and one died or did she escaped, cause if she died, then technically there was never a kiss, at least not for the Helen in the end scene

I feel cheated too
                  That's what I was thinking... how else did she get out of the Sanctuary?

Comment

Okay first things first....

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*breathes*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*happy fangirl dance* SQUEEEEE!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                    Indeed

Comment

ROFL I love it!
                      How mature of you to remember to take a breath in between

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                        They didn`t show the cheek-stroking scene.
                        bummer.
                        hoping it will be on the dvd in the deleted scenes.
                        great episode though.
                        I rather liked the kiss and especially the looks between them. Said it all without saying a word, imo. When you've known someone that long, sometimes words aren't needed.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I agree, the looks were EPIC. Especially Nikola's one. JYo is such a splendid actor.
                          I think AT overdid it, just a little

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                            They didn`t show the cheek-stroking scene.
                            I didn't even notice till you said HOW COME! *cries*

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]33403[/ATTACH ]
                            the actual kiss

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33406[/ATTACH ]
                            and again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33404[/ATTACH ]
                            my digital personal touch (i made two.. the other is in another thread)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33405[/ATTACH ]
                            my digital personal touch... DRAWING IN UNDER 10MINS
                            *personal record*
                            SQUEEEEMANIA! I love your drawing! Its so pretty!

Originally posted by es! View Post
                            No cheek stroking scene, no Nikola in Helen's chair scene... I feel cheated!!!
                            I know!!!

No way there were two Helens in that timeline. Century-odd old Helen went after Adam, there was only one two-centuries old Helen after that.

What do you think about the kiss? I actually loved Nikola's look after it, before he locked her up, more.
                            What do you think, he touched her arm like he was expecting the kiss... maybe they were a couple after all? I mean, Will's theory is that Helen was in contact with Nikola during her exile.
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm totally confused with the Helen-surviving part. I'm thinking either she survived, and in the time it takes Will to get to the underground Sanctuary (SQUEEE!) she got changed and cleaned herself up and got there too. OR The Helen in the lab died and this Helen is someone else- but that doesn't make sense since she knew all about what the other Helen had discussed with Will. CONFUZED!
                            Someone on youtube said this:
                            Oh for heaven's sake.

This is how it goes:

1 - In 2011 Magnus went back in time with Worth and got stuck there.

2 - Magnus-Who-Went-Back becomes Helen Bancroft to work out her happy little plans while her *younger* self goes about the life Bancroft-Magnus has already lived.

3 - Younger self Magnus ends up in the above scenario with Worth and disappears into the? past - complete cycle.

4 - Older Magnus shows up at exactly the same time younger Magnus disappeared.

5 - Just ONE Magnus.

Got it?
                            which makes no sense to me at all.

But did you notice, before the kiss (MEGASQUEEE!) Nikola said 'I see all your abnormals have gone' so he didn't know about the underground Sanctuary either....

^ It wasn't 100% clear in any situation - whether Nikola had anything physical with the hottie or Helen went beyond the kiss with Charlotte.

I really want to know WHAT IN HELL happened to those (deleted??) scenes from Helen's office! I mean, how could they fit into the ep anyway? Maybe they were deleted scenes from SFN1?? I mean, it would fit. Niko sulking in Helen's chair, nursing a brandy.

I hope we will see these scenes on the DVD specials!
                            I hope so too!
                            Did you notice that at 8:23 of the ep in part 2 on youtube it says 'Next - Another episode of Sanctuary' - WHAT ep?????? Can anyone confirm what ep was next, I'm really curious!

Originally posted by Lauradorable View Post
                            Hello!!! Been a few years since I was on the forum; this will be the first time *ever* posting in Teslen world!
                            Love this pairing to pieces. Finally couldn't stand not having anyone to chat to about my favorite pair (why does no one watch Sanctuary where I am?!) so here I am. Baked cookies to celebrate Teslen as we enter 2012, please enjoy! *Passes out nubbin-shaped cookies*

Regarding SFN2:

Spoiler:

I had to watch the episode twice, because I was getting darn confused figuring out who was where and why! And I admit: I also really disliked the kiss the first time I saw it. It felt SO SUDDEN! Too sudden! But upon second viewing, I managed to rationalize the kiss into a happy place. Here's my theory:

Although Helen tells Will that she's trusted no one with her plans, it's clear that Tesla and Henry know she's going to destroy the Sanctuary and survive via Henry's suit of wonder. The three of them are way too coordinated throughout Caleb's attack for it to be impromptu. (By the way, I suspect Henry's suit got a few improvements from Tesla before Helen was allowed to use it!)

Assuming Tesla, Henry, and Helen all know that there is a safe way to survive the demolition, then the kiss scene reads a little easier. It's not Helen suddenly realizing she's hot for Tesla; it's just Helen kissing Niko for good luck. However (muhahaha) because it's Tesla, the simple good luck kiss *accidentally* becomes a sexually charged endeavor.

(No complaints from either party on that eh?) ;D

I LOVED that Niko was speechless afterward. Helen looked fairly flustered too. *Squee*

I really think that had Tesla thought for a moment that Helen was in danger of *not* surviving the explosion, there's no way he would have left her. (And, he would have snogged her first.) But as it played out in the episode as we know it- Tesla knows she'll be fine. Helen knows she'll be fine. The kiss wasn't intended to be a confirmation of their crazy lust; just a peck for good luck. A peck that managed to confirm said crazy lust when Tesla went all speechless and Helen went teary eyed. *shipper dance dance dance*

My only complaint about the kiss scene is really just how TPTB filmed it. Making the kiss a wide shot (is that the term?) so suddenly, after being in close-up, made it less intimate that it could have been. Which was probably the point- but it happened too fast for it be a comfy viewing experience! I felt disoriented!

I also wanted to comment on the infamous pigeons/white dove/cut scenes:

Spoiler:

I REALLY WISH THOSE CUT SCENES WEREN'T CUT! Watching SFN1/2 back to back I get the feeling much of Niko's storyline was chopped. He fits into SFN2, but there is a GIANT gap for his storyline as it relates to Helen.

So far as SFN1/2 show, Henry is the only person at the Sanctuary who knows that Tesla was screwed out of his research. Tesla elected not to tell Helen this small, DEVASTATING detail, when she first finds him. Had Tesla confessed to Helen that he was upset about losing his research, not just his lucrative financial situation, she would have been ALL over him. Particularly if he confessed after also learning that his research was being turned into a death-trap for abnormals. Can you say SHIP?! Niko angst combined with Helen being shocked and upset for her friend...ah yes, I can see some touchy touchy.

I think that one photo (from what is sadly a cut scene) with Helen's hand touching Niko's cheek across her desk was likely the scene where he told her that his research notes were jacked by the government. That scene has so much shipper potential! Particularly if that object behind the glass on the desk is a white dove that somehow pertains to Helen. Somehow linking Helen to the infamous white dove would be RIDICULOUSLY FANTASTIC.

In all, I hope the cut scenes show up on the dvds for this season! If not, maybe they can be reworked for future episodes? While I really appreciate open-ended details (like "Vienna"), I also really like it when a casual detail gets explained in-depth later on in the episode. In this case, I would have preferred the later!

But I am so, SO glad that certain scenes were not cut. They made it a very happy new year a few hours early! ;D

So Happy New Year! Very excited to see Tesla in the next season. There is going to be another season, right? Confirmation, anyone? *Looks hopefully*
                            Welcome to this thread, you have now entered the crazy-fangirl-shippy-heaven-squeedom loving thread! Tighten your seatbelt!

Firstly, I LOVED the kiss! I think it was so sweet and so emotional and you could see that Nikola was sad to have to leave her yet had strong hope in the jacket to keep her alive.
                            The rest of what you said I agree with!
                            sigpic
                            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                            Indeed

Comment

ROFL I love it!
                              How mature of you to remember to take a breath in between
                              Yep, air is necessary for me to keep squeeing!

I agree, the looks were EPIC. Especially Nikola's one. JYo is such a splendid actor.
                              I think AT overdid it, just a little
                              I loved the way he just stared at her with *those* eyes when he shut the door...

Did anyone else physically squeal when
                              Spoiler:
                              Will and Abby were looking over Magnus' history and Will said that she visited Tesla in New York and made him to believe she was past-Helen
                              sigpic
                              Indeed

Comment

I really think there must be two Helens... much as I would like to believe otherwise, I don't think Magnus would initiate a kiss unless she actually believed she was going to die. And I don't see how she got out of the Sanctuary alive, even with the armor.

Either way, still definitely squee-worthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X