No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I'd post these two pics again to get us all excited!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! =D
    Spoiler:

sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Squeeee indeed!
      Can't wait!!!
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
        But alas, Jon doesn't speak French apparently And there I thought all Canadians would speak French
        Not the Westerners. His accent was good when he said "Après moi, le déluge" in SfN1 though.
        Last edited by Mackandal; 30 December 2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
          Squeeee indeed!
          Can't wait!!!

*Squeees!!* *happy fangirl dance*
          sigpic
          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
            With all those French-Canadian jokes around I have the perception that Canadian-Canadians and French-Canadians are not getting along with each other very well. Perhaps someone from Canada could clarify that for me.
            Well, we resent having to translate everything and being arrested for too much English on signs and such, (mostly the Conservatives), and they're an easy target for ridicule. But we think they`re sexy and exotic and we try to intergrate them. The French, which mostly means the Quebecois, like to think of themselves as completely seperate from the rest of the country. They`re not "Canadiens", they`re "Québecois". But the days of the 1970`s October Crisis kidnappings and violent protests, "speak white" slurs and forced evictions are long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
              Well, we resent having to translate everything and being arrested for too much English on signs and such, (mostly the Conservatives), and they're an easy target for ridicule. But we think they`re sexy and exotic and we try to intergrate them. The French, which mostly means the Quebecois, like to think of themselves as completely seperate from the rest of the country. They`re not "Canadiens", they`re "Québecois". But the days of the 1970`s October Crisis kidnappings and violent protests, "speak white" slurs and forced evictions are long gone.
              Sorry but I really LOL'd at the bolded!
              And thank you for the insight

Comment

Only hours before the final airs in US, right? I'll have to stay away from GW, I know I won't be able to resist reading stuff between spoiler tags Good think it is new year's eve tomorrow, makes it much easier

I didn't know there was difficulties in Canada between French and English speaking population at some point of history Though I didn't really understand what the whole October Crisis was about, I googled it and it sounded more like a political stuff... Anyway, Canada is ofter mentioned here as an example of how two official languages can be successfully kept in one country, without difficulties, and apparently the usual amount of information we have about it isn't that much? (We, too, have two official languages, Finnish and Swedish, latter of which is spoken by about 5 % of population as a first language. As you may guess by looking the percentage, not everyone is thrilled by having two official languages, and many are much less amused when they have to study Swedish as a mandatory subject in school. The ones who speak Swedish are usually more than fluent in Finnish so they seem to care less of it.)

Comment

Yay! Love the vid! It's awesome, all the tiny clips that fit perfectly together! The POOF! and the ending are just brilliant!!!
                  Success!! Thats what i was hoping for.
                  And thankyou :3

I commented! I loved it!! And I knew I knew this song from somewhere! DJearworm is epic!
                  That song i used is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong song.. but i liked it anyway.
                  Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                  - Doctor Who (series 7)
                  - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                  - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                  - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                  - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Omg omg omg I can't wait!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davala View Post
                      Omg omg omg I can't wait!!!!!
                      Ikr! I think it's the longest week of them all this season...

Comment

I know it has seemed like the longest wait for this.
                        sigpic

Comment

3 more hours *SQUEE*

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                            Chris Heyerdahl can speak fluent French....in fact, he sounds rather handsome when he speaks it
                            Let me see if I can find any clips on CH speaking French on YT.

Not the Westerners. His accent was good when he said "Après moi, le déluge" in SfN1 though.
                            JY sounds lovely in any language! Proud to be biased!

Thank you, Mackandal, for the information and clarification. We also have similar dilemma about identity here because of our history but as you said the days of violent protests are over and we are now focusing on the economy, i.e. which identity brings us the most benefits, rather than pointless political arguments.
                            sigpic
                            Sign by me

Comment

OMGOMGOMG.

That's all I have to say.

Comment

<--- agrees with tigerlilybrown
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X