No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm, what episode was this scene in?! I missed this...

Originally posted by TeamTeslen View Post
    Images for the NewYear even though its about 5 days away...

Comment

Sanctuary For None Pt. 2, promo pics. Wasn't aired yet.
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Phew. Can't wait to see it then!

Originally posted by es! View Post
        Sanctuary For None Pt. 2, promo pics. Wasn't aired yet.

Comment

You and me both

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
            I knew I was expressing myself badly

What I mean, when people start seeing each other in serious manner, they become boyfriends and girlfriend. What they get married, they become husbands and a wifes. But in modern world, boyfriend and girlfriend often live together (as if they were married) for a long time before they get married, if they get married at all. Is there an English word for a girlfriend-who-lives-together-with-her-boyfriend and a boyfriend-who-lives-together-with-his-girlfriend? Is there a word for that living together but not being married phase?
            Well, my brother refers to his girlfriend he lives with as simply his girlfriend. I guess you could also say live-in girlfriend or boyfriend but that used to have a bit of a negative slant to it because it implied sex without marriage (at least in the midwest USA where I"m from). I've also heard people (especially in a more professional setting) use "significant other." "Partner" or "life partner" is being used more too. Hope that helps a little?
            sigpic
            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
              Ummmmmm, I'm not sure, I think there's a number of ways of saying it:
              - living partners
              -common law marriage - Click
              -cohabitaion - Click

Hope that helps
              I love visiting this board because I always learn something new, "to expand my vocabulary" as FromOutside put it. I am no expert in English but I think "partners" sounds best in daily conversations and dialogues while the other two seem too "legal" and weird: 'I cohabit with her/him' But I like the idea of Helen & Nikola "cohabit" in the Sanctuary, so many things could happen......
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

Only 2 days till Sanctuary For None Pt.2!!! *Start Jumping Up in Down* CANT WAITT!

Comment

es:Oh my. My eyes sting with tears, what a beautiful video! Love it to bits. Thanks so much for sharing!
                  Thank you. I had myself a bit misty eyed making it too.

Star:AWWWW! I loved it! You always make amazingly shippy vids!
                  Thanks so much. It's my crazy shipper brain. I'm not so good at making the more light-hearted ones though...

Also, this question has been pretty much answered, but most commonly people do refer to them as 'partners'. The term covers most situations (same sex relationships, two people living together unmarried etc.) so people have no need to offer any further explanation.

I know! It really sounds like a title of a Teslen fic that would include Nubbins
                  ... *cogs whirring in head* No, must focus on the two fics I already have going...

Comment

Originally posted by TeamTeslen View Post
                    Only 2 days till Sanctuary For None Pt.2!!! *Start Jumping Up in Down* CANT WAITT!
                    SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                    I love visiting this board because I always learn something new, "to expand my vocabulary" as FromOutside put it. I am no expert in English but I think "partners" sounds best in daily conversations and dialogues while the other two seem too "legal" and weird: 'I cohabit with her/him' But I like the idea of Helen & Nikola "cohabit" in the Sanctuary, so many things could happen......
                    Yeah, I suggested partners first, but I thought I'd give some others just in case And I like the idea of Helen and Nikola cohabiting!

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                    Thanks so much. It's my crazy shipper brain. I'm not so good at making the more light-hearted ones though...
                    Heeehee! YOur welcome!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                    Indeed

Comment

Thank you for answering my question, everyone

Last night I solved some ff problems I had but today I read so overly awesome Teslen fic (To Bite the Bullet, can be found from ff.net if you are interested). I lost my will to write because I'll never write something so cool ;(

And I should be enrolling the courses I want or have to attend next period but blah, it is only one course and but that is the most difficult for me in the whole school: mandatory Swedish. I can't introduce myself with the language, I can't tell the difference between it and some other languages, and I am supposed to talk with it about the subjects I study. Yeah, no problem, my dictionaries don't even know the words I should be using!

I need a miracle because without it, I think I'll pass the course around 3012.

Better start writing... I still have days before enrollment deadline and facts about fishing industry in Hammerfest are surprisingly interesting, if compared to some other things

Ah, nothing motivates a ff writer as much as school work that she should be doing

Comment

Thanks for the fic rec!

And I totally know how you feel - sometimes I just read other people's stories and realize I will never write anything remotely palatable... and I just don't want to begin writing.

I think you should answer the most important question to yourself - for whom do you write? For readers/reviews or for yourself? I think it's normal to write for feedback first and then you also can enjoy the process and simply write away because it feels so great, or because you feel the need to express yourself.

If you think you might enjoy the process of writing a Teslen fic - write away, no matter how bad you feel about your writing style in comparison to all those very talented people out there

If you want to write for readers - write away, there will always be people who will love this or that about your stories

See, you win either way

And as for Swedish... huh, difficult. I've heard once that you need three reasons to learn a foreign language successfully. The first one is to pass the course in your case. Maybe you find a Swede to talk to here on the forums and this person will be your second reason? The third reason could be Sanctuary in Swedish!

No seriously. I remember I fled from my German courses in high school. I thought I would never learn that terrible language. Now I am fluent in it Everything is just a question of motivation

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                          Thank you for answering my question, everyone

Last night I solved some ff problems I had but today I read so overly awesome Teslen fic (To Bite the Bullet, can be found from ff.net if you are interested). I lost my will to write because I'll never write something so cool ;(

And I should be enrolling the courses I want or have to attend next period but blah, it is only one course and but that is the most difficult for me in the whole school: mandatory Swedish. I can't introduce myself with the language, I can't tell the difference between it and some other languages, and I am supposed to talk with it about the subjects I study. Yeah, no problem, my dictionaries don't even know the words I should be using!

I need a miracle because without it, I think I'll pass the course around 3012.

Better start writing... I still have days before enrollment deadline and facts about fishing industry in Hammerfest are surprisingly interesting, if compared to some other things

Ah, nothing motivates a ff writer as much as school work that she should be doing
                          Your welcome!

I'll have to have a read of that! (Although I might have already!) I know how you feel, everytime I read a fic I get depressed that I'll never write one as good as that!

Oh, I hate school so much! I feel your pain!

No seriously. I remember I fled from my German courses in high school. I thought I would never learn that terrible language. Now I am fluent in it Everything is just a question of motivation

OMG! You speak fluent German?!?!?! I might enrol your help with my tests LOL!!! *shifty eyes* *cough*not kidding*cough*
                          sigpic
                          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                          Indeed

Comment

Sure, enrol away
                            I've been living in Austria for the past 8 years so I like to think that I am as fluent as it gets I have a linguistic background too so you can certainly ask if you have questions

Comment

Sure, enrol away
                              I've been living in Austria for the past 8 years so I like to think that I am as fluent as it gets I have a linguistic background too so you can certainly ask if you have questions
                              Awww thanks! Well I know I have a German test soon, so I will take you up on that once I know what I have to do (apparently we should know now, but I don't )
                              sigpic
                              Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                                Awww thanks! Well I know I have a German test soon, so I will take you up on that once I know what I have to do (apparently we should know now, but I don't )
                                Lol! I see you are putting some extra effort into your school!
                                When is your test? I will be offline for two weeks beginning with Jan, 22.

Comment

Working...
                                X