No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I can't wait to see what you've come up with Elaine, your arts are pretty ..... Speaking of arts here's my newest Teslen banner that's snurchable with permission

On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

^^ Ooh so pretty Glitch! I always love banners witht he mix of flashback pics and new pics. Plus that quote!

Ack I've watched Chimera sooo many times. There are so many good quotes in it I can't decide which to put in my latest vid!

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
        Ack I've watched Chimera sooo many times. There are so many good quotes in it I can't decide which to put in my latest vid!
        It's really hard to choose, ZaraShade. Probably you'll end up putting the whole episode into your vid!! Do share with us when you've completed.
        sigpic
        Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
          ^^ Ooh so pretty Glitch! I always love banners witht he mix of flashback pics and new pics. Plus that quote!

Thank you! So glad you like it

I'm right with you on that one, just watched it three hours ago for I think the 20th time ... I've lost count oh wel the more I watch it the better it gets and I would definately put that particular line in my video or the line about his magnetism .... Magnus mentioning that wht they keep seeing could be anything and Tesla saying that it could be a desire .... you're right, too many awesome lines to choose from
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

It's really hard to choose, ZaraShade. Probably you'll end up putting the whole episode into your vid!! Do share with us when you've completed.
            Haha yeah it'll probably end up just being a whole lot of Chimera. I'm trying hard to make it not completely though! Will definately put a link up here when it's done.

Thank you! So glad you like it

I'm right with you on that one, just watched it three hours ago for I think the 20th time ... I've lost count oh wel the more I watch it the better it gets and I would definately put that particular line in my video or the line about his magnetism .... Magnus mentioning that wht they keep seeing could be anything and Tesla saying that it could be a desire .... you're right, too many awesome lines to choose from
            You're welcome.
            And, yeah I was pretty much exactly like that too. I was like 'must put THAT in...and that...oh and that...and...'
            I'm thinking I'll just make a fun up-beat one to put the magnetism line in and then a sweet slower one to put the last line and Vienna in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
              YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I can't wait to see what you've come up with Elaine, your arts are pretty ..... Speaking of arts here's my newest Teslen banner that's snurchable with permission

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/NIRYWGWB.jpg
              I love your banner Glitch i love the red background its so cool! xoxo
              I made these today hope there okay
              Banners
              Spoiler:

sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

They are awesome, helenmagnus. The middle one has a 'Matrix' feel, guess Nikola would love it!
                sigpic
                Sign by me

Comment

Zara that works

Elaine as I said on the artwork thread I LOVE THEM!!!!! *mega hugs*
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

I have a flu and I never sleep well when I am sick. So I have been thinking Chimera a lot, and that means a lot One thing that popped my head randomly two nights ago was souls.

Ok, I know Sanctuary isn't that big on souls, and I am very happy with that. Usually I don't enjoy the subject much because the choices that can be done in US series are too often limited by Christian views, I guess because the writers don't want to risk the fans getting angry. I realize that this post may ignite similar sparks but I'll trust that the ones reading this post are mature enough to remember that the setting is fictional and so is all soul business in it. If it is different from what your view is, don't get offended (actually this is different from my view too)

Spoiler tags to be safe

Spoiler:
                    Ok, the situation is this: living Adam kicked the bucket a while ago. Somehow some parts of his consciousness ended up in computer in a virtual Sanctuary. I am going to assume he didn't have a soul. Why would he have one? He was a program, made of code, as my Pigdgin is. Adam surely was much more smart but that doesn't chance a thing.

Next: Helen and Nikola connect into virtual Sanctuary. Their minds are uploaded and the flatline because of Adam. At this point, aren't they in the exactly same position than virtual Adam? Technically dead, their consciousnesses in the computer. Doesn't that mean they should be as soulless as Adam, at the point?

Surely they returned to life, but did they get their souls back? If not... Well, what then? What are they lacking, exactly? What should they do to get their souls back, or is it even possible?

My fingers itch when I think what kind of (more or less teslen) ff this could be used in! (But one day I listed all my unfinished ff and promised myself I will start nothing new before some of them are finished. If you feel inspired, please feel free to write it)

Comment

Interesting perspective FromOutside
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

FromOutside,
                        Spoiler:

You assume that soul is somehow connected with counsciousness and/or brain activity. It mustn't be the case, but we don't know for sure, right?

Even if we assume that soul leaves brain dead person's body, we still can say that Helen and Niko were not really brain dead - they were brain dead Praxian style (as noted in the episode thread, brain dead can't breath, sit upright etc.). They woke up normal, just like before, so I assume their souls were in place

(For the example of waking up "not normal", you can refer to Stephen King's "Pet Cematary" )

But then, everything goes for a fic. You can as well assume that they had to go back to retrieve their souls, would make for an interesting plot for sure
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Maybe the Praxian technology is more like cut-paste than actual death and reversing it is another cut-paste (or maybe copy-paste in some cases).

I have to start reading episode threads, I am sure they are full of all kinds of interesting things Hopefully Sanctuary ep threads are not as long as SGA ep threads... It is good to have active discussion but I tend to lose hope after first 10 or 20 pages

Comment

exactly why I don't read ep pages
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Well there are (only?) 10 pages for Chimera at the moment. First 5-6 pages prove to be most interesting, then it's often more of teh same.

I like reading ep threads because I often don't understand a word or a reference, and I'm not alone judging by all the questions in such threads... it's also interesting to discuss the in-show "science" because it allows me to understand episodes better.
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

That makes sense ..... Chimera is such a shippy ep though so it all works out
                                sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X