No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get a real fling vibe with Red... Could have been, but meh. Maybe Niko just really enjoys the attention.

I'd love to see a Helen/Niko hug. A real heartfelt 'I love you' hug. *nods*
    It doesn't have to be shippy, but I'd love t see that.

Originally posted by es! View Post
    I have to agree with you here!
    (altho Chimera was a terrible ep on SG1 )
    *shudders* It was.

Love the premise of this Chimera. I have the feeling Sanctuary could make something awesome with it
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      I didn't get a real fling vibe with Red... Could have been, but meh. Maybe Niko just really enjoys the attention.
      I think so too.

I'd love to see a Helen/Niko hug. A real heartfelt 'I love you' hug. *nods*
      It doesn't have to be shippy, but I'd love t see that.
      Oh YES!
      I would give a lot for a heartfelt hug.
      Sam/Jack hugs are the only thing that kept me sane thru 10 years of SG1
      (but I don't mind some kisses thrown in either )
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I think so too.

Oh YES!
        (but I don't mind some kisses thrown in either )
        Yes. There were quite a few good hugs and they were awesome for Ship celebrations. All the artwork and vids coming out of those... Especially when it became clear that the hugs (and kisses) were all we were going to get.

Helen and Nikola are a totally different kind of ship.
        Much more playful and fun. So true, we do need some nice kisses. It's the logical thing to do.
        After the hugging.
        And before the storage closet.

...Isn't it cool that we can now make legit storage closet jokes?
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Helen and Nikola are a totally different kind of ship.
          Much more playful and fun.
          As much as I love their playful banter, I would also love to see them drop the act for a minute and acknowledge that they need each other

And I love legit storage closet jokes! I bet Teslen fanfiction will BOOM after this season!

Comment

Busy weekend so couldn't get on here for a couple days, and right after a great Tesla episode of course.

That's kinda how I see it too. He probably gets lonely and wants some attention. And apparently when he's around Redhead he talks to her about his adventures with Helen, so that shows Helen is still on his mind even when he’s with Redhead -- sorry didn't catch her name if they said it.

es!: The scientist basically threw herself on Nikki. She hugged him. He felt awkward and tried to pry her hands off him... sort of. Helen was amused
            I actually think that they might have something going on, alas. Because you don't actually throw yourself on your boss and call him petnames all of a sudden, no matter how dire the situation is
            Maybe, but I doubt it’s serious, at least from his POV. He didn’t seem overly concerned about her later in the ep, and the way he pulled back from her doesn’t suggest he’s very comfortable or lovey with her – either that or he just didn’t want Helen seeing it. But I just don't think it's serious.

es! – new Teslen vid. Will check that out later. Thanks for sharing.

StarSancFar: BRING BACK THE NUBBINS! Preferably when Tesla and Magnus are alone in a room...for hours..
            Now that would be fun…

Spoiler:
            Yeah, he's uncomfortable and flustered cause she does it in front of Helen and Henry. He's never been flustered before and I thought that was really sweet! Awww! And yep, that woman was a total fangirl! What would we be like if we worked for Niko, we would take any chance to throw ourselves at him, right!? And I thought when Helen called him 'Nikki' later it was LOL!
            I wondered whether he was flustered about it being in front of Helen and Henry or if it was a little of the OCD showing up again. Does anyone else think Helen's voice betrayed a bit of jealousy there? or was it total sarcasm?

MissCheerfully: That sounds good oÔ
            Yes it does. I wonder then if that’s the ep those spoiler pics came from

Spoiler:
            where he’s got that thing with the blue lights on his head.

DutchIndeed: PG.
            Does that stand for Perfect Gutter?
            LOL It could in this thread!

Lastrequest: Me too! And vice-versa (there seriously needs to be more JY interviews!)
            I agree. At least we finally got a few things with this season. Breakfast Television, the Morton report interview, the London Con …. And let’s not forget the lovely Character Profile. After so long with virtually nothing from him, I'm very pleased with all the JY goodies we've had lately.
            sigpic
            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

Spoiler:
              Oh my you might be onto something here! It would be so cool! *all excited*

I agree. At least we finally got a few things with this season. Breakfast Television, the Morton report interview, the London Con …. And let’s not forget the lovely Character Profile. After so long with virtually nothing from him, I'm very pleased with all the JY goodies we've had lately.
              I too am grateful for all the stuff Jonathon did lately to connect with his fans <3

Comment

I wonder why Nikola wanted to stay with the other scientists after the hugging-attack. He even turned to them or her after he left the room, maybe he was a little bit angry on her for bringing him in such a situation. Maybe he was so embarassed and don´t wanted to be near Helen and I think when Helen called him "Nikki" you could hear jealousy and like I said yesterday the look Helen gave Dr. Coats (I believe that is her name) when she tried to lead the scientists out of the building was not what I would call nice. She even stoped walking, for me it seems as if she was angry at the women

I don´t think he had aproblem with the hug because of his OCD, you could see how he turned to Helen and Henry for a second after the hug, intruducing her as Dr. Coats.

Comment

^ hugging attack!

I have to admit that OCD was the last thing I'd think about seeing Niko's reaction to the hug... but then, Tesla on the show doesn't seem to have too much of the OCD anyway.

Comment

^ hugging attack!

I have to admit that OCD was the last thing I'd think about seeing Niko's reaction to the hug... but then, Tesla on the show doesn't seem to have too much of the OCD anyway.
                    Not anymore. I don't remember seeing it in an obvious way since The Five, though he's never been the touchy-feely type. I'm just tossing random thoughts out there.

"hugging attack" -- LOL it did look kinda like an attack.
                    the turn to Helen & Henry then would probably indicate that his reaction was more from not wanting them to see it (as has been mentioned).
                    sigpic

Comment

Guys, I really need something to help me wait for the next awesome ep (the ep this week won't cut it apparently )
                      Can you help me with your favorite Teslen fics, please? *bats eyelashes*

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                        Wow, so that means that we might not see the scene!?!?! I always thought it was for sure we would see it I really really hope they let the scene in. I mean why cut one second and it was the idea of a producer, so I really hope we will see it.
                        I don't think they'd cut it out, thats just tortue, plus, if Amanda and J-YO decided to do it, then maybe the producers and writers agreed?

Thank you for your kind words, StarSancFar! Your comment on YT totally made my day! <3

Is it the part where I confess that I never saw the Nubbins episode?
                        But it sounds... interesting... especially because they seem to be really prominent in Teslen fanfiction!
                        *gotta come back and watch it*

Well the bloopers/outtakes of Sanctuary get better every season... maybe we could see that moment on the blooper reel at least But I certainly hope they won't cut it out!

Heehee, I really did enjoy it!
                        you've never seen the nubbins ep? YOU NEED TO! It was such a cheesy, corny, cringyly good ep, with lots of Henry fun and Will and Magnus flirting.
                        Plus those lil furballs have a place in my heart! <3
                        And yeah, we Teslen fanficcers love nubbin Teslen fics! It's just an excuse to get them horny lol

I'd love to see bloopers of the kiss but like when/if they start giggling or get it wrong! That would be too awesome!

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                        But i really want it in that ep, because if they leave that out they had no reason to continue with that in season 5. It practically never happened and that scene in bloopers or outtakes wouldn´t be canon and I want Teslen canon already
                        But that scene was already aired on TV, right? In this "Breakfast Television Vancouver" So it wouldn´t make sense to leave that out and I think they aired that to attract viewers and if they cop out they would disapoint many fans. And what is better for a first kiss bewteen 2 series main character than a season finale? So much possibilities for the next season.

Regarding the redhead (does she have a name?) I hope they mention that in the next Tesla ep. Wanna see if Tesla still feels awkward about that. Maybe Helen could tease a little bit and try to hide her jealousy And we could find out for sure if there is something or not. I´m still torn.
                        Yeah, it was on that, so I think it's safe to say that they left it in, or they wouldn't have let breakfast canada peeps show it
                        Dr Coates is her name And yeah, I want it mentioned again!

Uh, I didn't think AT was talking about the kiss scene in her panel! I thought it was about another random (but still awesome) adlib scene with her and Jonathon (I SO love to spell out his name! *drools*).
                        But I agree of course, I want all juicy Teslen moments on screen and in canon!!!

The redhead has a name. She was calles Dr. *** once but I didn't catch the name.
                        I too would love to hear Helen or Henry mentioning her (or a similarly awkward "Nikky" moment ) some time later!

ETA: Oh, and I don't think Helen would be jealous of the redhead. I think Helen must feel the readhead is superior to her (or at least equal) to feel this way. It's clearly not the case so I think Helen is more amused by the whole situation.
                        But it's only my opinion and it works only because I seriously don't think Nikola was intimate with the scientist.
                        I thjought that was what she was referring to too, but I still hope they keep THAT line in too! It sounds awesome!
                        I don't think Nikola had a fling with her either, but I'd like Helen or Henry to call him Nikkia gain, especially since Nikola has nicknames for Henry-it could be a little payback for henry lol

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        4X09 - Chimera
                        Short Episode Descriptions Magnus and Nikola Tesla become trapped in a virtual Sanctuary world at the mercy of the evil avatar of Adam Worth.

That sounds good oÔ
                        OHHHHH! *squeee* That should be a good ep!!!! Can't wait! Helen + Tesla = ship + Adam + Epic battle of wits!

I have to agree with you here!
                        (altho Chimera was a terrible ep on SG1)
                        I liked the ep of SG-1! I liked the relationship they both had before she was taken host by the goa'uld! Plus, she's kickass, and I love dream-reality eps!

Oh YES!
                        (but I don't mind some kisses thrown in either)
                        ^AGREES!
                        I think Nikola and Helen should have a few quiet moments here and there, even once a season, just talking, not too serious but still not sarcastic. Plus, just a freindly 'hello' hug would be nice! *hinthint PTB....*

So true, we do need some nice kisses. It's the logical thing to do.
                        After the hugging.
                        And before the storage closet.

...Isn't it cool that we can now make legit storage closet jokes?
                        YEP! Storage closet jokes galore! Bring 'em on!!

That's kinda how I see it too. He probably gets lonely and wants some attention. And apparently when he's around Redhead he talks to her about his adventures with Helen, so that shows Helen is still on his mind even when he’s with Redhead -- sorry didn't catch her name if they said it.
                        I wondered whether he was flustered about it being in front of Helen and Henry or if it was a little of the OCD showing up again. Does anyone else think Helen's voice betrayed a bit of jealousy there? or was it total sarcasm?

Spoiler:

Yeah, he must get lonely, especially since he longs for Helen and barely seeas her really. Dr Coates was probably just a little 'pet' who he could tell liked him and just sorta went along with it a little, but nothing serious, maybe even just to get a bit of laughter out of spending company with someone. I mean, he's a recluse, he has to get laughs wherever he can
                        I'm not sure about the OCD thing, when I first read your comment, I agreed, then I read everyone elses feedback, then changed my mind a lil' lol!

I think it is the spoiler pics

Im glad with all the J-Yo goodies too....

Guys, I really need something to help me wait for the next awesome ep (the ep this week won't cut it apparently )
                        Can you help me with your favorite Teslen fics, please? *bats eyelashes*
                        LOL, I know how you feel!
                        Here's some of my favourites....
                        All these are from Fanfiction:

The Troublemakers by Stargategeek
                        Telepathic by ZaraShade
                        The Stolen Dress by Lastrequest
                        Vampire Nubbins by Stargategeek
                        The Invisible Exploits of Dr Magnus by chartreuseian
                        Letters to the Past by chartreuseian
                        Striptease by Snapjinx
                        The Curious Tale of the Serbian Babysitter by kaseykc
                        Seasick by Stargategeek

Is that enough?
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                          I'd love to see bloopers of the kiss but like when/if they start giggling or get it wrong! That would be too awesome!
                          Somewhat related, but about Monsoon:
                          I've read all posts in the Monsoon thread... nobody mentioned there that the kiss looked... I dunno... phony Am I the only one who's nitpicky about their elementary-school technique?
                          (I am sorry I am asking here, but the big angry mods over there said we should drop the kiss topic... so I felt more comfortable to ask here where we are just a few people.)

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                          LOL, I know how you feel!
                          Here's some of my favourites....
                          All these are from Fanfiction:

The Troublemakers by Stargategeek
                          Telepathic by ZaraShade
                          The Stolen Dress by Lastrequest
                          Vampire Nubbins by Stargategeek
                          The Invisible Exploits of Dr Magnus by chartreuseian
                          Letters to the Past by chartreuseian
                          Striptease by Snapjinx
                          The Curious Tale of the Serbian Babysitter by kaseykc
                          Seasick by Stargategeek

Is that enough?
                          Thank you very much!
                          I've read two of them but I'll have to have a closer look at the others
                          And I've just realized that I haven't reviewed the last three stories I read *hurries to ff.net*

Comment

I just watched 5th episode. And oh was I amused!

But back to Tempus... Spoilers, just to be safe

Spoiler:
                            It was good to see Helen with James! And it was great to see younger Helen interacting with John! I find the timeline a bit confusing, though. Adam went to the time where Source Blood was already injected. Apparently John's killings as Jack the Ripper were already done, and the ones other Jack did were the ones done with lesser skill. I had hoped Tempus gave us info about the Five after source blood but we are not much wiser than we were. So, not much teslen twists from that.

Monsoon was a bit disappointing for me. Again, spoilers to be safe.

Spoiler:
                            It wasn't bad, no, but I had hoped we would have learned something about Helen. It was pretty much like Adam's time-jumping attack: Helen kicked some arse, and then kissed a girl. I think the ep was somewhat wasted when it comes to her.

5th ep Resistance(?), and spoilers again

Spoiler:
                            This one I loved, unsurprisingly The tentacle-monster-nearly-beholder was SO cool! Detailed and pretty in an ugly way.

Nikola was great, too. I was worried that he'd crawl to Helen and ask help but no such cheap plot <3 He was dealing with the creature himself. Helen and Henry were helping a lot, sure, but I feel confident he could and would have done what needed to be done without them, too.

His talk about company jets, nazi spies and other reasons why he didn't and then did take the job felt somehow, you know, faulty. He was so busy to paint a picture of self-centered neutrality. At first I thought he just wanted to help and was trying to make excuses to conceive it, but now... He plays better that that. Maybe there was some testing or some other scheme going on after all? It would make sense, you simply can't run a facility full of employees who do nothing and don't realize they are doing absolutely nothing.

Dr. Coats or whatever and that hug attack, I didn't feel she had much to do with Nikola. RL-Tesla had some, eh, fangirls, and the history claims he treated them politely. That was what I saw Sanctuary-Tesla doing with that doctor. The whole hug attack just didn't have the feeling of any kind of fling in it. Too bad, I kind of wanted to see Tesla with some other woman

That brings in mind the conversion we had some pages ago, about if Tesla had other women or not. I thought that sure, he'd be too curious not to, but now I think that maybe he wasn't that curious after all... And then there was his discussion with Henry. He probably revealed more than he realized. What that was, I have to watch the scene again to have a better theory

I've read all posts in the Monsoon thread... nobody mentioned there that the kiss looked... I dunno... phony Am I the only one who's nitpicky about their elementary-school technique?
                            I didn't even notice

Comment

As much as I love their playful banter, I would also love to see them drop the act for a minute and acknowledge that they need each other

And I love legit storage closet jokes! I bet Teslen fanfiction will BOOM after this season!
                              True. That's where the ''I love you'' hug could fit perfectly. Cute and sincere.

And yes!
                              I'm thinking about a storage closet fic, but it's not quite working

My shippy mind says a bit of both

LOL It could in this thread!
                              Heh. True that

(I am sorry I am asking here, but the big angry mods over there said we should drop the kiss topic... so I felt more comfortable to ask here where we are just a few people.)
                              I felt nothing. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, so yes. Something must not have been working.

sigpic

Comment

*shrugs* phony in what way - for the characters or in the way the actresses went about it? but then I don't want to encourage more discussion of it here or the "big angry mods" will be after us here too.

StarSancFar: I'm not sure about the OCD thing, when I first read your comment, I agreed, then I read everyone elses feedback, then changed my mind a lil' lol!
                                Yeah, I watched that bit again and after reading other comments here I think it looks like he pulls away from her more from being uncomfortable with her hugging him in front of everyone than out of OCD. They're not really doing that with Sanctuary Tesla anymore, with good reason.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X