No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great list, really interesting and many X ´es.

When Jonathon said that Nikola sees everything as a game, I don´t think he meant it as if he was a psychopath, it´s more his facade that shows as if everything is just a game.

Maybe it is not as dramatic as it seems to us, because if it would be, would Nikola be in a flirting mood if he would be so hurt as we think he might be? Or maybe she doesn´t tell him.

Comment

Star: Great vid! I commented on it on YT x
      Heehee, can't wait to see it
      Hehe, yep I noticed. I'm almost done with the new lightning one ... it's a bit crazy but I couldn't resist what with the excitement of Sanctuary being back on TV.

Helen leaving for 113 years makes me really sad. I mean it's almost as long as her life was (okay like forty something years off but still). How could she not have moved on at least in some aspects? I know she had to keep a low profile but still... how could she not begin to accept the fact that she wasn't going to see everyone for 113 years and get on with life? With Nikola (and even John) it seems different because she had known them for so long, and from when she was so young too. She went through so much with them, with the Five. Those were the years that really began to shape her into what and who she was going to be.

But then what about the others at the Sanctuary? She must have had many people work with her after all, so for her to put her life on hold waiting out over 100 years for them seems a bit weird. Though she did almost raise Henry, and she'd known Biggie for a while. I've lost my own train of thought now. But I guess from now on everything will always be a bit sadder because there'll always be that massive chunk of time where she was away, which will put distance between her and those she cares about.

Sorry for the rant (I'll finish now)

Sort of on that note though, because I was sad thinking about how she wouldn't have seen Nikola for 113 years (and the shipper in me found that unaccceptable) I wrote a fic about him going back in time with her. I had to do it. Plot nubbins took control.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
        Hehe, yep I noticed. I'm almost done with the new lightning one ... it's a bit crazy but I couldn't resist what with the excitement of Sanctuary being back on TV.

Helen leaving for 113 years makes me really sad. I mean it's almost as long as her life was (okay like forty something years off but still). How could she not have moved on at least in some aspects? I know she had to keep a low profile but still... how could she not begin to accept the fact that she wasn't going to see everyone for 113 years and get on with life? With Nikola (and even John) it seems different because she had known them for so long, and from when she was so young too. She went through so much with them, with the Five. Those were the years that really began to shape her into what and who she was going to be.

But then what about the others at the Sanctuary? She must have had many people work with her after all, so for her to put her life on hold waiting out over 100 years for them seems a bit weird. Though she did almost raise Henry, and she'd known Biggie for a while. I've lost my own train of thought now. But I guess from now on everything will always be a bit sadder because there'll always be that massive chunk of time where she was away, which will put distance between her and those she cares about.

Sorry for the rant (I'll finish now)

Sort of on that note though, because I was sad thinking about how she wouldn't have seen Nikola for 113 years (and the shipper in me found that unaccceptable) I wrote a fic about him going back in time with her. I had to do it. Plot nubbins took control.
        Oh, miz likey crazy!

You say 'How could she not have moved on at least in some aspects', but if she was only just starting to really have feelings for niko, or if they weren't there yet, than in that time they could have developed. I could understand her moving on with her feelings for him if she had lots in the first place...my point is, I think she's had time to brew over how she feels about him and how he feels about her. Plus, an outside perspective (like Helen said in untouchable about how the Sanctuary is run) can really change a persons mind... so who knows...the shipper in me wants to believe she loves him lots n lots....

Oh, link the ficcie!! pleaaaase!
        sigpic
        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
          Wow, great list, really interesting and many X ´es.

When Jonathon said that Nikola sees everything as a game, I don´t think he meant it as if he was a psychopath, it´s more his facade that shows as if everything is just a game.
          About the list, that is not all of it. If you read the Wikipedia article, there is all kind of interesting stuff. One, and if you ask me, the most interesting thing was that psychopaths have trouble with learning of their mistakes. That (failing to learn, I mean) is just what Nikola did in Sleepers, and petty much the only thing he did.

First he was trying to bring vampires back - that is something he had already failed at least once, likely more often, but I don't count that in now. There is failures and failures, and failing in some project like that is something that is just going to happen, and you'll just have to try again.

But when the project went bad, Tesla underestimated trust fund brats, fought with them, got hit by a car and got abducted. Later he underestimated them again and was thrown off from a building.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and all that. Third time was when Tesla underestimated Chad's ability to understand his project, but it took the fourth time of same mistake (going alone after the brats with Devamper) to cost him dearly.

As I mentioned, I don't like to think Nikola as a psychopath but some things just fit in too well not to be noticed and poked further

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
          Maybe it is not as dramatic as it seems to us, because if it would be, would Nikola be in a flirting mood if he would be so hurt as we think he might be? Or maybe she doesn´t tell him.
          This is from the spoilers, and they lacked context, right? (I haven't seen even Tempus yet I and haven't watched spoiler vids, so I have no idea of what is happening in 4th season.)

If it is, I don't think we can assume much of that. It likely wouldn't take too long from Nikola to get the mask on again and start acting normal around Helen, even if he was very upset of something. Like it was with devamping, and that he wasn't keeping as a secret.

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
          Helen leaving for 113 years makes me really sad. I mean it's almost as long as her life was (okay like forty something years off but still). How could she not have moved on at least in some aspects? I know she had to keep a low profile but still... how could she not begin to accept the fact that she wasn't going to see everyone for 113 years and get on with life? -- But I guess from now on everything will always be a bit sadder because there'll always be that massive chunk of time where she was away, which will put distance between her and those she cares about.
          For me, this is why Helen is so difficult to understand. Nikola has his own... lets call them eccentricities that I can start with when I try to understand him. Helen doesn't have those things. When she is angry, she is angry with a reason. Se seems to be motivated by doing good. She seems to love other people, but her love is kind of healthy, not obsessive like John's, for example.

There is some complications in her life, of course there is, but how Helen deals with them is mostly healthy. John is somewhat a blind point for her, maybe Nikola too, but they are exceptions anyway.

What kind of life Helen has, aside from Sanctuary network? What are the aspects she'd move on with? Ashely is one, certainly, and maybe she now knows she can live without John, Nikola and James. Now she has done it for over 100 years, after all, and maybe those three (well, two, now when James is dead) are no longer as much of exceptions as they used to be.

So, I agree with that. It is the emotional detachment of hers that will make things more sad, I think.

Other than this, I've got nothing of her. Absolutely nothing... Except I keep wondering why she is so adamant that the timeline must be kept intact. If I was where she is, I'd start chancing things from Adam, if not earlier, butterfly effect and all that can go... well, enough of that.

When she left and Praxis fell, things were bad and going worse. I can't imagine many scenarios that would be worse, spare paradoxes that end the universe or nuclear wars that wipe continents clean of life. Why not to fix this, if or when she can? She did break her own rule earlier anyway when it was for the best (the whole Kali incident). There has to be something else in it.

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
          Oh, link the ficcie!! pleaaaase!
          Second that!

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
            This is from the spoilers, and they lacked context, right? (I haven't seen even Tempus yet I and haven't watched spoiler vids, so I have no idea of what is happening in 4th season.)

When she left and Praxis fell, things were bad and going worse. I can't imagine many scenarios that would be worse, spare paradoxes that end the universe or nuclear wars that wipe continents clean of life. Why not to fix this, if or when she can? She did break her own rule earlier anyway when it was for the best (the whole Kali incident). There has to be something else in it.
            You can watch the Sanctuary eps on YT if there not in your country yet ( Unless you wanna wait for them on TV lol, just letting you know!

I suppose the little things could be worse. Like for example, the President is different, someone important was never born, society progressed at a different rate, poopulation levels increase, pollution...
            I think to have gone back in time and start changing things would be completley underlying the reason she went back- to stop Adam from changing the timeline. Plus, it doesn't just effecty a small number of people, it effects the whole world, depending on what she changes. For example, if she made sure the titanic never sank, then all those people would live and all the things on the boat would have survived. If it didn't sink, it wouldn't have been as famous as it is, and therefore there wouldn't have been a movie. Then those actors wouldn't have been in it and wouldn't have been paid, etc etc. I'm rambling but you get my point lol
            sigpic
            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
            Indeed

Comment

Double post but just saw this article on the spoilers and announcements thread and thought I'd share it here, because there is deffo some shippyness in it....IMHO

http://www.themortonreport.com/entertainment/television/vamping-it-up-interview-with-s-jonathon-young/

I think i was squeeing for like aminute after I read this (and during)
              sigpic
              Indeed

Comment

You can watch the Sanctuary eps on YT if there not in your country yet ( Unless you wanna wait for them on TV lol, just letting you know!

I suppose the little things could be worse. Like for example, the President is different, someone important was never born, society progressed at a different rate, poopulation levels increase, pollution...
                I think to have gone back in time and start changing things would be completley underlying the reason she went back- to stop Adam from changing the timeline. Plus, it doesn't just effecty a small number of people, it effects the whole world, depending on what she changes. For example, if she made sure the titanic never sank, then all those people would live and all the things on the boat would have survived. If it didn't sink, it wouldn't have been as famous as it is, and therefore there wouldn't have been a movie. Then those actors wouldn't have been in it and wouldn't have been paid, etc etc. I'm rambling but you get my point lol
                The first episode of the first season hasn't aired in here yet and it won't air in foreseeable future So, other methods, it will be. I dislike YT quality a lot, though, but I think I'll be watching the 5th episode from YT, with other I may wait until I get a bit better quality version. I'd love to watch the episodes as they are supposed to be watched, everything makes so much more sense that way, but... We'll see

I understand that Helen doesn't want to chance things that happened a long time ago. Chancing them likely have more effect to 'now' than the ones that happened less time ago. Letting Praxis fall is something I don't understand at all. I don't see how saving it could seem like a bad idea, not unless Helen knows something of the place we don't know.

Sure, it a long run it might be better if Praxis did fell. It might be better if Sanctuary network was never started, or if Hitler&co won 2nd WW. These things simply can't be known before they happen, and that never stops us people trying to do what we think is a good idea to do.

The crisis with Praxis is going on 'now', meaning Helen doesn't know if everything will turn out ok if she lets it fall. She has practically the same information as she would if she just heard that Praxis is in danger, and if she just heard of it, she wouldn't start guessing if saving it would do more harm than good. She would act. Now she (apparently) doesn't because it already happened in 'now' and she doesn't want to chance the outcome. Yet she is going to try everything she can to chance how things are going to - after she reaches 'now' again.

Comment

The quality that LivHanna uploads them as is actually quite good considering I know what you mean though, It looks so much better on the TV but I just can't wait that long, especially as i like to discuss it on here and stuff

I think we'll have to wait and see, something might be revealed about it all, hopefully
                  Did you read the article i posted above?
                  sigpic
                  Indeed

Comment

FromOutside: .............I think that worst (for him) will be that Helen lived all the years without him, and it breaks the nearly lifelong history they have together. Helen isn't the same person who walked into the past, and Nikola doesn't know her as he did earlier. He is too possessive to be ok with that, and I think he'll feel that what he had with Helen is broken and can't be fixed.

It is devastating, really.
                    I guess I don't think it necessarily has to be devastating. I mean yes there's a gap there but I don't know that it's going to mean Helen will be radically changed, and from Nikola's POV she wasn't gone that long.

IMO when JY said Tesla thinks of everything as a game, I think he meant that Tesla sees so much in life as a competition. I don't think he meant that Tesla sees everything as trivial. And "psychopath" seems pretty harsh to me. I wouldn't consider him a psychopath.

FromOutside: One, and if you ask me, the most interesting thing was that psychopaths have trouble with learning of their mistakes. That (failing to learn, I mean) is just what Nikola did in Sleepers, and petty much the only thing he did.
                    First he was trying to bring vampires back - that is something he had already failed at least once, likely more often, but I don't count that in now. There is failures and failures, and failing in some project like that is something that is just going to happen, and you'll just have to try again.

But when the project went bad, Tesla underestimated trust fund brats, fought with them, got hit by a car and got abducted. Later he underestimated them again and was thrown off from a building.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and all that. Third time was when Tesla underestimated Chad's ability to understand his project, but it took the fourth time of same mistake (going alone after the brats with Devamper) to cost him dearly.

As I mentioned, I don't like to think Nikola as a psychopath but some things just fit in too well not to be noticed and poked further
                    Maybe he's just stubborn! LOL
                    And what about "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." He did learn from his mistakes in The Five, by trying to resurrect vamps in a different way in Sleepers. His inability to predict what the vamp brats would do doesn't make him a psychopath either. It simply means he underestimated them and didn't know what they'd do. Nobody can predict what other people are going to do (unless they happen to be an Abnormal with that ability )
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I read it Interesting stuff in it, but I am not sure I'll like what the hints are about

Nikola has been too nice lately, some bad boy agenda would suit him well. Just a small, passing phase of taking over the world? Pretty please?

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                        I guess I don't think it necessarily has to be devastating. I mean yes there's a gap there but I don't know that it's going to mean Helen will be radically changed, and from Nikola's POV she wasn't gone that long.

IMO when JY said Tesla thinks of everything as a game, I think he meant that Tesla sees so much in life as a competition. I don't think he meant that Tesla sees everything as trivial. And "psychopath" seems pretty harsh to me. I wouldn't consider him a psychopath.

And what about "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again." He did learn from his mistakes in The Five, by trying to resurrect vamps in a different way in Sleepers. His inability to predict what the vamp brats would do doesn't make him a psychopath either. It simply means he underestimated them and didn't know what they'd do. Nobody can predict what other people are going to do (unless they happen to be an Abnormal with that ability )
                        I don't think Helen will be changed that drastically either, I mean, yeah, she's probably changed a little, 113 years of thinking time can do that but her personality and principles will still be intact.

Agree agin

He is very stubborn, J-Yo said that in the special features, and yeah I think he did learn from his mistakes in Sleepers, even though he made another mistake. But really, we're all human (I know he's a vamp but still, deep down no-ones perfect so we all make mistakes. It's if we can handle those mistakes, carry on and learn from them that counts. i beleive he did carry on, even if he couldn't handle being mortal. But now that he's a vampire again, I think it was a wake up call and he won't make THAT mistake again (taking over world with trust fund vamps)

I'm not completly bashing you, FromOutside, just so you know I see where you're coming from and everything x
                        sigpic
                        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                          I read it Interesting stuff in it, but I am not sure I'll like what the hints are about

Nikola has been too nice lately, some bad boy agenda would suit him well. Just a small, passing phase of taking over the world? Pretty please?
                          Lol, maybe that was just a stage?
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

.....snip.... But really, we're all human (I know he's a vamp but still, deep down no-ones perfect so we all make mistakes. It's if we can handle those mistakes, carry on and learn from them that counts. i beleive he did carry on, even if he couldn't handle being mortal. But now that he's a vampire again, I think it was a wake up call and he won't make THAT mistake again (taking over world with trust fund vamps)

I'm not completly bashing you, FromOutside, just so you know I see where you're coming from and everything x
                            Well actually I think they say he's half vampire, but he'd probably think it an insult if you told him "we're all human." LOL ! This is the guy who says " This is ME we're talking about." But anyway, you're right he did carry on after Sleepers and try to work with what he had to the best of his ability. I wouldn't be surprised to see him try to resurrect the vampire race again though. He won't make the same mistake, but he'll probably make a DIFFERENT one!

And I'm not bashing you either, FromOutside. I just like to discuss that's all. You may very well get your wish. I don't think TPTB would want to totally abandon the way he has his little hidden agendas because that's part of what makes him so much fun.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

As I mentioned, nor do I It is too easy explanation, and lacking in many ways, imho... But I am not sure it would be that harsh. I am not an expert or anything about psychopathy and other funny stuff, but I know that the first thing that comes to mind for many people are Ted Bundy and other serial killers. But that is not the whole/true picture. Some have estimated that even 1 % of people are psychopaths, meaning that few turn to killer at all, or choose a criminal career. Some do very well in job market, to the point that some studies claim that 3-4 % of corporate managers are psychopaths. Apparently being a psychopath doesn't mean you are a psycho

Stubborn is good Specially for a scientist.

But, yeah, that is why I didn't count trying to resurrect the race as something he wasn't learning about. It was that he didn't think trust fund brats would stand a chance with him. The first time it was understandable, the second time too, more or less (there wasn't a car to hit him that time), but four times! Boy he was thick that day, for a genius... Maybe it was just one of those 'I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am' things

No offense taken or anything, I know my thoughts of characters usually try to bring the worst out of them, and often I don't agree with myself with these things

Comment

...and maybe she now knows she can live without John, Nikola and James. Now she has done it for over 100 years, after all, and maybe those three (well, two, now when James is dead) are no longer as much of exceptions as they used to be.
                                Whoa, that is the worst Scenario imaginable! and Nikolas worst nightmare, but I don´t think (or hope) it will be that way, I think she will be even more attached to him, he is the only person besides John who will always be there and every human needs some constant in the life.
                                It would be sad if she is so jaded that she needs no one in her life anymore. She wouldn´t be human in that case. So I´m happy to think he is even more important to her now and that her feelings increased immeasurably. Even if she has not seen Nikola one time for 60 years and then 113 years she still knows him over 230 years. That is still remarkable even if they don´t hang out with each other every day.

Spoiler:
                                Besids, so far I´m not to happy how they handled Helen 113 years absence, we had this one sentence in "Uprising" "It´s good to be home" No real emotions. I hope this will be picked uo one time more preferable with Nikola, for all I care even with Will, but pleeeeaaaase not with that "Monsoon" Chick.
                                They said we will see alot of the friendship between the two and friendship is not just being funny together.So I hope they have some serious talk with each other.
                                Regarding the article "“Tesla shows up at the center of some nefarious force that at first glance is the enemy of the Sanctuary but turns out to be something he is messed up in and requires the brains and brawn of Magnus, Will and the rest of the gang to sort out,” reveals Young." So he is somehow forced to do this? But it´s cool that he will warm up with Henry. I like their relationship.

"While dreams of him and his fellow vampires one day attaining world domination remain in the back of his mind, Tesla’s longstanding friendship with Helen Magnus always seems to come first."

"Tesla has become softer in his relationship to Magnus. Yes, he’s always looking out for himself above anyone else, but it’s clear that he cares a great deal for Helen and would do anything to help her"

That´s truely squeeworthy.
                                Last edited by Altariel; 24 October 2011, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X