Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    I'm still recovering from absolutely AWESOME "Untouchable"
    heehee, it WAS pretty awesome! I thought it was better than uprising -I still liked it but not as much, but then again it probably would be better because it's the official 'start' of S4, because the first two eps where just wrapping up S3
    I loved tempus though!
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Yeah, Uprising was not as cool as it could be, between Tempus and Untouchable... But I agree, they had to wrap up season 3...

Btw I loved the Tesla reference in Untouchable!
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Makes me so excited for ep 5!
        sigpic
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Oh yeah. I am *trying* to make a Teslen vid these days, and I am very tempted to wait until the new Tesla eps air
          He looks so gorgeous in them, and I am sure there will be tons of awesome Teslen moments! <3

Comment

I'm hopeless at making vids...I start one then never finish it Can't wait to see whats brewing in your mind! Link them here if you do do some
            He does look rather dashing! I hope there is too!
            sigpic
            Indeed

Comment

I just wish I had the patience or the knowhow to make one period!

I have Episode Three screencaps up

Untouchable
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Something that just occurred to me: What do you think Nikola's reaction is going to be when he finds out about Helen's 113-year holiday? She's almost twice his age now! (At least we know he appreciates older women. )

Comment

I wondered that too, maybe he won´t like that very much, for she now really has an advantage over him and he probably really would want to know what she has done all the years and of course she won´t tell and this makes her even more interesting to him. And I really wonder how it must be for her, after 113 years seeing him again.

Comment

Man I don't know! I can't even speculate on what Helen will or won't do, or what she's thinking or feeling - she's like a complete mystery right now. I can't wait to find out what's going on with her, what she's going to do next, but at the same time it's like, just baffling to me, if you know what I mean. (113 YEARS, I can't even!!)

But I'm enjoying thinking of Nikola's perspective on all of it... He'll probably be very sarcastic and say something about having a long time to miss him... absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                      ... absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that...
                      Oh I really hope that happens to Magnus regarding Nikola. I would expect from Magnus to show some emotions when she sees Nikola for the first time after all those years, but I´m not optimistic with that, because when she saw Will for the first time after 113 years, there were no obvious emotions to see :-( But maybe with Nikola it will happen under the surface, she can´t just jump down on his throat. He woud have no idea whats going on and for her it would be slightly awkward I would think. Dunno

I really can´t imagine, if she had already feelings for him before she went back in time would this feelings grow stronger over the time or lesser?
                      Last edited by Altariel; 23 October 2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

^They have such a history together. I don't think feelings can go lesser in such cases... maybe they were sort of put on the back burner while Helen was busy
                        Spoiler:
                        accumulating funds for the Sanctuary network

but I really can't imagine she'd forget him altogether

Comment

Something that just occurred to me: What do you think Nikola's reaction is going to be when he finds out about Helen's 113-year holiday? She's almost twice his age now! (At least we know he appreciates older women. )
                          I have no clue1 I bet he would be surprised at first and then think/talk about all the things she could have done in that time and turn it flirty

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                          I wondered that too, maybe he won´t like that very much, for she now really has an advantage over him and he probably really would want to know what she has done all the years and of course she won´t tell and this makes her even more interesting to him. And I really wonder how it must be for her, after 113 years seeing him again.
                          Yeah, he would consider her maybe just that bit wiser since she's older than him by like two lifetimes... but really his ego would bounce back :0)
                          He'd be like a little kid 'Please tell me Helen!' and she'd love that! That would be a deffinate advantage over him!
                          She must have missed him in all that time!

Man I don't know! I can't even speculate on what Helen will or won't do, or what she's thinking or feeling - she's like a complete mystery right now. I can't wait to find out what's going on with her, what she's going to do next, but at the same time it's like, just baffling to me, if you know what I mean. (113 YEARS, I can't even!!)

But I'm enjoying thinking of Nikola's perspective on all of it... He'll probably be very sarcastic and say something about having a long time to miss him... absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that...
                          I know! she was already an enigma to start with but now she's just...GAH!

I'm sure he would.
                          Originally posted by es! View Post
                          ^They have such a history together. I don't think feelings can go lesser in such cases... maybe they were sort of put on the back burner while Helen was busy
                          Spoiler:
                          accumulating funds for the Sanctuary network

but I really can't imagine she'd forget him altogether
                          I don't think she'd ever forget him! I don't think anyone that's met him could! He's just so memorable! And I don't think her feelings would lessen if she does have any..If anythin they have had to have grown, especially when she sees him face-to-face again. She might have spyed on him in that time, but to actually speak to him again...
                          For some reason I have a feeling we're not going to get to see Helen tell him she's been in hiding for 113 years and/or his reaction...I mean, we only saw Wills, we didn't even get to see Henry or Biggies
                          But I still hope he mentions it or something
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

I don't think he will show much reaction, but it is only because he is... well, like he is, showing mostly what he wants to show. But in the inside, I think he'll be very upset.

Altariel mentioned the advantage Helen has over him. That is one thing, and pretty big one, but not the only one and probably not what will upset him most. I think that worst (for him) will be that Helen lived all the years without him, and it breaks the nearly lifelong history they have together. Helen isn't the same person who walked into the past, and Nikola doesn't know her as he did earlier. He is too possessive to be ok with that, and I think he'll feel that what he had with Helen is broken and can't be fixed.

It is devastating, really.

Comment

Wow, I never saw it that way, but you are right. Poor Nikola, but it makes sese, Helen is now a completly differnet person and he hardly knows her anymore Maybe he would be afraid that she hardly remembers him or that he is not as nearly important to her as he once was. I mean much can happen in 113 years, and all the things that happened in the the years after his hiding for Helen were over 100 years ago and for him like yesterday. It´s sad, really. Maybe he had hope to be with her, after "Awakening" for example,soon, but after knowing she´s suddenly 113 years older, he could feel as if everything was for nothing.

On the other hand, Nikola sees everything as a game (so said Jonathon) so maybe he, after the first shock, doesn´t feel low, but sees this as an opportunity to press himself even more into her life.

I wish he would be so honest and tell Helen how he feels (if he feels that way at all, but it really makes sense for that character and his possessiveness), but no way...for now.
                              Last edited by Altariel; 23 October 2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I am not sure I want to think that Nikola seems everything as a game, it makes him sound too much like a psychopath. I mean, if you see a psychopathy checklist and think what suits him, it is not one or two things. For example Hare Psychopathy Checklist (copypaste from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychop...haracteristics), checked x by me, just because I can for fun xD

Factor 1 - Aggressive narcissism

x Glibness/superficial charm
                                x Grandiose sense of self-worth
                                (x) Pathological lying (I am not sure with this, he has surely lied, put pathologically...?)
                                x Cunning/manipulative
                                x Lack of remorse or guilt (It somewhat pains me to x this one, but really, when did he show more than superficial remorse or quilt?)
                                (x) Emotionally shallow (if we go with it is all a game theory)
                                x Callous/lack of empathy (again, empathy, where did he show any? Maybe when Ashley died but...)
                                (x) Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2 - Socially deviant lifestyle

(x) Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom (I don't think this was shown clearly but he surely goes for what he sees as amusement)
                                (x) Parasitic lifestyle (Well, kind on... "You are easier than US congress!")
                                Poor behavioral control
                                Promiscuous sexual behavior
                                (x) Lack of realistic, long-term goals ('realistic' and 'long-term' are quite relative terms in here, but bringing vampires back? How about taking over the world?)
                                x Impulsiveness
                                x Irresponsibility (where does the responsibility fit in his plans?)
                                Juvenile delinquency
                                ? Early behavioral problems (not known?)
                                Revocation of conditional release
                                Many short-term marital relationships
                                (x) Criminal versatility (again, 'criminal' is relative here but all the shady he has done doesn't lack versatility)

and back to point, I don't see Nikola as a psychopath. I don't know, it seems too easy explanation, takes away too many possibilities and simply doesn't suit him that well.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there is everything and then there is everything. Plots and projects, even important ones, are just projects, and projects come and go when some things in life are emotionally more important, more personal. I can't see how anyone but a psychopath (or similarly disabled, it you want to see that a disability) could see those things as a game Surely those things can be treated as games, specially if the other things are seen as ones, and so playing the games has become a way of life. You know, something that just happens, much as a reflex.

Likely it it just semantics, and I think that in this post I am taking the expression more far than it was meant to be taken, which is why I kind of disagree with it. If not taken that far, I totally agree with that because, well, I think it this thread we have all watched the eps

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                                On the other hand, Nikola sees everything as a game (so said Jonathon) so maybe he, after the first shock, doesn´t feel low, but sees this as an opportunity to press himself even more into her life.
                                I am not sure how even Nikola could make that work to his favor, but I agree that he won't give up just because of some adversities. It is gigantic adversities in this case, I think. But if his emotion are really in play, he can't quit the game even if he wanted to, even if, rationally, he should collect his losses, lick his wounds and start a new one. I think this is what I was trying to say earlier: maybe he plays his life as he'd play a game but his emotions behind the moves are part if him, not something he 'creates' (or fakes, or artificially or superficially feels) to gain influence in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X