Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    Can there be a person who went thru a university and stayed a virgin?..
    HEY! There are plenty of us who perfectly content waiting for someone to come along who's actually worth it. I turn 21 in less than 2 weeks and damn it all if I'm not proud of myself for being a virgin. TBH conformist society can go to hell.
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

That is really something you can be proud at, especially in these days, where everyting is reduced to sex I myself was virgin till nearly 19 years. OK, thats OT So even if Nikola is a virgn it is OK and kinda sweet and not too absurd since the real Tesla had this approach.

You don´t know what point of view he his in these thigs, maybe he thinks of himself that he is too great to give some random women (a mere human) these extraordinary gift. Only Helen would be good enough, who knows^^
      Last edited by Altariel; 13 October 2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Altariel: Oh "Angels on the moon" is really a beautiful song and it fits them perfectly also "Love song for a vampire" by Anni Lenox (sp) is also very fitting and "She´s like the wind" or "If I never know you" from Pocahontas, or "How can I not love you" from Anna and the King and "Something there" from "The beauty and the beast" and "Far longer than forever" from the swan princess" I think it fits in Helens long 113 years isolation when she misses Nikola, only problem the names in the vid don´t fit and "At the beginning" from Richard Marx and Donna Lewis. I wish I could make vids myself, but I´m so untalented :-(
        Aww that's okay, I'm sure you could make awesome vids if you wanted!
        When I first heard 'Angels on the Moon' my reaction was 'must. make. Teslen. vid' LOL!
        Oooh so many great song ideas! *rushes off to lock self in room and edit* I've never heard 'at the beginning'. I always thought 'something there' would make a cute one. As for the names not fitting in 'Far longer than forever' that's easily remedied by putting their names over it.
        Thanks for the great ideas, I'm all pumped now!

NumberSix: I heard one on the radio yesterday that made me think of them but I don't know the name of it.
        I hate when that happens.

Spoiler:
        lastrequest: she could assume a new personality/name etc. and if she had any sort of relationship/contact they'd be dead by the time she went back to the Sanctuary? *shrugs*
        I think it had more to do with whether her contact with people would affect the current timeline involving her other self, and thus also affect the future.

lastrequest: Not that I'd object to watching Helen & Niko getting it on for a full hour's tv a week
        *gutter*
        Hehe. Spin-off.

Besides I think he kinda puts Helen on some sort of pedestal and seeing as he's a perfectionist, he probably wouldn't settle for anybody who couldn't compare with her
        *nods*

es!: Oh yes. For a girl too
        Especially if a person is very busy (taking over the world) and has no time to think at length about it
        Sex is not important to everybody in the same way. I am with Mimzy that Niko is more the intellectual type. Doesn't mean he wouldn't enjoy a romp But it's probably not one of his basic needs (like an intellectual peer to banter with )
        *agrees*

Finally, good on you Mimzy. It is something to be proud of. I can't boast the same thing, but I am insurmountably glad to be able to say I loved the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          HEY! There are plenty of us who perfectly content waiting for someone to come along who's actually worth it. I turn 21 in less than 2 weeks and damn it all if I'm not proud of myself for being a virgin. TBH conformist society can go to hell.
          Hun, no need to spazz out because of every second of my posts. Like FromOutside said, it's about Niko and curiosity - not about you and conformist society
          There's really no need to take things personally.

ETA: I don't know about US universities, but where I come from, students meet many of their peers and generally folks with similar interests in universities, so really many marry their co-students in the end.
          Last edited by es!; 13 October 2011, 11:24 PM.
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I don´t think Nikolas curiosity includes this sort of things, I think for him there are other matters which are more intersting for his likes, after all sex is the most primitive need and it´s ll in the brain and do you know how his brain works? And he is a genius he thinks so differnetly we can´t imagine and I kinda think of him as a "higher being". So dunno, it´s tricky. He is so complex and it´s not enought said on him on the show to know for sure and I think it should remain that way, so we can carry on guessing. If he were a "normal" person I would say no way he is a virgin after 155 years, but he´s Niko, so everything is possible.

Comment

We don't really know that much about Nikola - hell, we don't know that much about Helen and she's the main character. So his romantic/sexual history (or lack of one) is left very much open. Like I often waver between thinking he and Helen have hooked up a time or two way in the past, before she was with James, but other times I think they never have - possibly because they both like the tension and flirting to risk even a fling.

But I'm not sure I love the idea of Nikola being so endlessly devoted to Helen all this time to the point where he wouldn't even consider anyone else. Simply because it's never been returned and that's too sad for me. I kind of prefer the idea that he's always had this special place in his heart for her, but at the same time has always known she was too heartbroken to really love anyone else. So he went his own way, had his own career and goals and friends, and yes, lovers too, probably. Always with the idea that maybe, someday, there would be a time where the two of them would be together. Them being basically immortal, waiting for the right time isn't really a problem.

And the right time is now, or very soon, as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                But I'm not sure I love the idea of Nikola being so endlessly devoted to Helen all this time to the point where he wouldn't even consider anyone else. Simply because it's never been returned and that's too sad for me. I kind of prefer the idea that he's always had this special place in his heart for her, but at the same time has always known she was too heartbroken to really love anyone else. So he went his own way, had his own career and goals and friends, and yes, lovers too, probably. Always with the idea that maybe, someday, there would be a time where the two of them would be together. Them being basically immortal, waiting for the right time isn't really a problem.
                Amen to that

'Sides, there was a time before Helen too, right?

Comment

Yes there was a time before Helen but at this time you don´t have something with a women and then not marry her and expecially in his youth I bet he was only interested in his work, if there was something than later IMHO or maybe I think too much of the real Tesla.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                    Yes there was a time before Helen but at this time you don´t have something with a women and then not marry her and expecially in his youth I bet he was only interested in his work, if there was something than later IMHO or maybe I think too much of the real Tesla.
                    Maybe young Niko was deeply in love with somebody who didn't return his feelings. That pissed him off and he decided to forget women and take over the world instead

Comment

Well even in the nineteenth century, a young man was expected to have some experience with women - that old double standard we're all too familiar with today. And then of course he grew up in a society and culture different from upper-middle class Victorian England. But anyway, again it's all kind of up in the air, open to interpretation. Our Nikola isn't the same as the real Tesla, and there's so much about our Nikola that we don't know anyway.

In one of the upcoming episodes, the description says that
                      Spoiler:
                      he's apparently working for Homeland Security, experimenting on abnormals! I assume he has his own agenda, but never thought he would be doing something like that, at least not these days!

Comment

Spoiler:
                        That´s really kind of terrible. Will be interesting to see Helens reaction to that. I would have never thought that he would do that. Well maybe he´s undercover or he will go undercover and give infos to Helen after she gave him a kick in the arse.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I like the undercover explanation
                          Apart from that, I am not so excited anymore about the whole Homeland Security thing in this season

Comment

Spoiler:
                            It sounds terrible and when I first saw it I was like but my next thought was: He's totally playing them.

The one thing we know about Nikola -- he always has an agenda! I'm sure there's more going on than it seems. So I'm not too worried... (Okay I'm kind of worried, but only because I can just imagine Helen's reaction when she finds out. Yikes!)

Comment

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                              Well even in the nineteenth century, a young man was expected to have some experience with women - that old double standard we're all too familiar with today. And then of course he grew up in a society and culture different from upper-middle class Victorian England. But anyway, again it's all kind of up in the air, open to interpretation. Our Nikola isn't the same as the real Tesla, and there's so much about our Nikola that we don't know anyway.

In one of the upcoming episodes, the description says that
                              Spoiler:
                              he's apparently working for Homeland Security, experimenting on abnormals! I assume he has his own agenda, but never thought he would be doing something like that, at least not these days!
                              Good points, here. Specially the bolded part, imo. I know next to nothing about 19th century Serbia but I am relatively sure many things were different in it, if compared how they were in England. We fanfic writers should make a good note of that and do our homework, if we are about to write young Nikola

About the spoiler part... I can only say YAY! But those who don't feel as happy with it as I do,
                              Spoiler:
                              let's remember there is experiments and then there is experiments. In RL many people actually volunteer for being experimented on, even when the experiments may not be safe.

What I am trying to say, experimenting on sentient beings itself isn't a bad thing, but a necessarily step. Obviously it isn't without ethical problems, and I have some difficulties to see ethical committees agreeing with Tesla and his methods, but I can't picture him doing the worst kind of experiments either... Though his vampire experiments were more than slightly shady and I think Helen is much happier when she doesn't think too much of what Tesla did to receive the knowhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                                amen!

i don't think that nikola is a virgin. he seems the time to have "fun" once in a while. but probably nothing to serious, mainly because of the whole vamp thing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X