No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Nad, that's so awesome! The picture, the coloring, the cropping... I love the avatar in particular because it's got that transparent effect around rough edges <3
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      So it's basically an absolutely normal relationship but they get to do it only once a year?

I am sorry but that's exactly why I can't wrap my mind around it. If they love and care anyway, why shouldn't they simply be together (married or not)?
      For the times one of them messes up and they're angry? With no relationship to ruin it's so much easier to do whatever you want...

Maybe (I don't know, it's not my thing in RL ) the FWB thing is more a psychological thing than a practical thing. One can have the idea of freedom and having something that isn't complicated, even if that might not be the case in reality?

I dunno. It never works out in the movies

Oh Nad, that's so awesome! The picture, the coloring, the cropping... I love the avatar in particular because it's got that transparent effect around rough edges <3
      Thank you!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Nad: Those are gorgeous!
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          For the times one of them messes up and they're angry? With no relationship to ruin it's so much easier to do whatever you want...

Maybe (I don't know, it's not my thing in RL ) the FWB thing is more a psychological thing than a practical thing. One can have the idea of freedom and having something that isn't complicated, even if that might not be the case in reality?
          That And the actual freedom. In "true" romantic relationship, if one tells that s/he is going to move into other continent for a year, and didn't consult the other one in relationship, it likely turns ugly. With FWB no one can judge because friends don't have right to say that kind of matters.

I believe that what people search in FWB could be found while being together if the rules were set right but most of people don't want to live in a serious relationship in which room for compromises is made small. It is often is a relationship for people who don't want to face limitations of relationships for foreseeable future.

And if it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't :]

OT, much? Maybe I'll stop ranting and go to sleep, it is nearly 1.30 in here

Comment

I don't think it's OT...

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
            I believe that what people search in FWB could be found while being together if the rules were set right but most of people don't want to live in a serious relationship in which room for compromises is made small. It is often is a relationship for people who don't want to face limitations of relationships for foreseeable future.
            Yeah, you sort of summed up why I am not into FWB

You know what I think? I think I'd be actually happy about (almost) any development between Helen and Nikola. I mean, guys, you've been at it for more than a century, can something happen now, please?
            This is why I was so excited to hear AT's comment in that Behind the Scenes vid Change is coming

Comment

Welllll, I'm probably in the minority here but for me, FWB = just wanting to have sex with someone who isn't a stranger but without any commitments or responsibilities. To me there'd be something really lacking in that type of arrangement. BUT I respect that everyone doesn't feel that way. I want more than that for Helen and Nikola though.

Very pretty art, Nad. At first I assumed the quote would be Helen saying that to Nikola, but actually it could go either way.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

FWB would most definitely NOT work for Teslen.

Why?

Simple reason. Nikola wouldn't be able to handle it. I think underneath all that snarkiness all he really wants is something FAR deeper than FWB and I honestly believe that the only way he could be with Helen is if she was totally committed to him the way he is to her. FWB can have too many loose ends and given the fact that he's waited 100+ years for her, I'm pretty sure he's not the type to want to be in a "I'm not sure what the level of commitment is here" kind of relationship.

Also, on the UST - Amanda did NOT say
                Spoiler:
                that they would never hook up because the ST would then be gone. She was just weighing pros/cons of RST "exploding" vs. constant UST. She never definitively said the ST would even BE gone if they got together - she was just questioning whether that would happen or not (probably not - I mean, those two will NEVER stop bantering, EVER).

Personally, unnecessarily extended UST pisses me off. It's fun for a good while but then if it drags out too long then it just becomes incredibly frustrating and can possibly turn people off from a 'ship (I know of people who gave up on Sam/Jack b/c it took too long and nothing definitive happened).
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

It´s true, if one party is in love with the other, it can not work.

Comment

NumberSix: I'm pretty sure I've seen some of them but I didn't realize you've done so many. Will have to check them out.
                    You and me both. I didn't even realise until I went to check and I was like 'wow, really?' to myself. They're so addictive to make...

If anyone has any song requests for vids btw please let me know. I need a good song for a vid atm.

I'm about to post a new one too to 'Angels on the Moon' by Thriving Ivory. Still got some cleaning up to do on it though...

Personally, I'm not into the whole FWB idea for Helen and Nikola. I agree with Mimzy in that Nikola wouldn't be able to deal with it. Besides, if they were going to sleep together why not start a relationship? I don't think Nikola would be able to deal too well with the idea of Helen sleeping with other people/perhaps having a relationship with someone else while with him as well.

Comment

Oh "Angels on the moon" is really a beautiful song and it fits them perfectly also "Love song for a vampire" by Anni Lenox (sp) is also very fitting and "She´s like the wind" or "If I never know you" from Pocahontas, or "How can I not love you" from Anna and the King and "Something there" from "The beauty and the beast" and "Far longer than forever" from the swan princess" I think it fits in Helens long 113 years isolation when she misses Nikola, only problem the names in the vid don´t fit and "At the beginning" from Richard Marx and Donna Lewis. I wish I could make vids myself, but I´m so untalented :-(
                      Last edited by Altariel; 13 October 2011, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                        FWB would most definitely NOT work for Teslen.

Why?

Simple reason. Nikola wouldn't be able to handle it. I think underneath all that snarkiness all he really wants is something FAR deeper than FWB and I honestly believe that the only way he could be with Helen is if she was totally committed to him the way he is to her. FWB can have too many loose ends and given the fact that he's waited 100+ years for her, I'm pretty sure he's not the type to want to be in a "I'm not sure what the level of commitment is here" kind of relationship.
                        Completely agree with you. Nikola is an all-or-nothing kind of guy, and I think he'll be more wary of a relationship because of this and in spite of his constant flirting. He wants the commitment. Helen's crazy not to take him up on it, imo

(I know of people who gave up on Sam/Jack b/c it took too long and nothing definitive happened).
                        *raises hand*

Yeah, that was me. But then I didn't see Sam as the type to settle for a cabin beside a pond any more than a farm in the country. Jack was as wrong for her as Pete was and she should have run away with Baal.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                          Nad: Those are gorgeous!
                          Thanks

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                          Very pretty art, Nad. At first I assumed the quote would be Helen saying that to Nikola, but actually it could go either way.
                          It could and I think it does in a way... A good way, mind you

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                          Personally, unnecessarily extended UST pisses me off. It's fun for a good while but then if it drags out too long then it just becomes incredibly frustrating and can possibly turn people off from a 'ship (I know of people who gave up on Sam/Jack b/c it took too long and nothing definitive happened).
                          Very true. There's a limit, especially when it's ''so obvious''. Things should move, or they get stale.

I was (or still am, I guess) a huge S/J Shipper and I got a little frustrated as well. I believe that Ship somehow did get resolved, but I still drifted away from it. *shrugs*
                          Keep in mind that that was over ten years worth of UST and shipping, though.

...And now I feel old as well as a little desperate
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Can anybody give me examples of a successful RST ship? I'm just curious whether there is such a thing.

Comment

Can anybody give me examples of a successful RST ship? I'm just curious whether there is such a thing.
                              Harm and Mac in JAG.
                              They end up getting engaged after years of UST.

...In the last ep of the series...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Harm and Mac in JAG.
                                They end up getting engaged after years of UST.

...In the last ep of the series...
                                Uh, that doesn't count then
                                I am looking for resolved ST in the middle of a show... to see whether a show was still interesting afterwards.

Another thought:
                                All my favorite UST pairings had actually a very good reason to remain UST - personal beliefs (like Sam and Jack), physical incompatibility, etc.
                                I honestly can't find anything of a similar weight and importance in the Teslen ship. There's seriously no reason they can't be together
                                And I agree that such unmotivated UST can become frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                                X