Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
    Helen/Nikola fun/humour fics seem to be more popular and abundant than Helen/John fluffly fun fics too. Hence more of them being written.
    Somehow Hlen/John fluffy fun seems... weird. And I don't mean that in a ship bashing way, but it's just not what they were about

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    And seriously, I'd love to see Teslen babies if only to see them drive everyone crazy I mean, if Niko still wants an army, that's the best way he'd be able to make one
    Heh, true that

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
    I sure hope they'd take it into account. Because it probably would cost them viewers. I understand they don't want the fans to think anyone is "safe" but if they killed off a VERY popular character imo it would be a very bad decision. I started watching the show because of Amanda but Tesla has become such a favorite of mine (along with Helen) I don't think I could continue watching the show if they killed him off.
    I can deal with Tesla not being in episodes. It's not like I only enjoy the show if he's in it, but yeah... Killing him off would certainly make me wonder if I could still watch. I'd tr
    y to, because I love Sanctuary, but meh.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      I tend to agree that it's about the characters and the writing. A couple is as boring as the life they get to live.
      I'm not sure I wouls really enjoy a relationship between them if it were to be all cute and fluffy, because it, IMHO, isn't them, but if it would be Helen and Niko as they are while they just happen to share a bed and have some nice alone time so every now and then, I think I'd love it.
      Friends with benefits

Originally posted by es! View Post
      Oh, and I love S/J UST (and subtle RST hints towards the end of the show)
      What does UST and RST mean? sorry, not good with all the lingo

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
      Probably for the dicussion thread but I'm going to mention it here anyway...
      I think James said Helen steps back into being her and joins her timeline right after she leaves to go back in time, so then there'll only be one Helen. What a shame, I think Nikola would have thoroughly enjoyed two Helens.

As for the whole 'will RST ruin their relationship thing' I'm so torn. On the one hand of course I want them to get together, but I don't want it to ruin them either. However it's played out the writers need to be very careful. I don't want them to hook up and then nothing, like they kind of did with John and Helen. It was such a canon pairing and especially after Haunted... but then they've kind of tied it up more now. Nikola and Helen should be in it for the long haul!

But yeah I don't think they'd ever ever be a cutesy couple, nor would they be boring. They're such interesting, quirky and brilliant characters in their own right that them being together would be explosive... I mean imagine what they could get up to as a couple! I wonder how the rest of the team would react... I doubt Will would enjoy it much.
      I think Niko would have enjoyed two Helens too *nudgenudgewinkwink*
      I'm torn too, in a way, the inner shipper in me wants to scream 'GET TOGETHER, GET MARRIED, HAVE KIDS!' But then the rational side thinks 'I don't want all the banter to be gone!' Like Nad said, if they stayed as they were and just had little... ahem 'events' every now and then... that's fine by me! Lol
      But I think maybe Helen should give into the flirting a lot more, or start it... imagine Niko's face when Helen steals a kiss from him, or squeezes his bum That would be fun, and a step in the right direction for their relationship without loosing all the banter

But if they did get together, i don't think they'd be boring. Nikola would still be snarky and flirty and just more confident because he knows she loves him, fuelling his ego!

I'm not one for ship wars and battles of the shippers.

But cool.

Now... someone check YouTube!

EDIT: The vidders seem to like Helen/John (1000) more than Helen/Nikola (924). It's more difficult to compare though, due to the different possibilities to tag and search.
      But the Helen/John vids might be angsty/non-romantic/non-shippy/dark vids which in know way suggest ship. I've seen a few, and it's hard to know just how many shippy one's are ou there. But I think it's safe to say that the Teslen ones are shippy!
      sigpic
      Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
      'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
      : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
      I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
      Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        imo I think a more likely reason would be that if they actually let them be together they will lose the UST and bantering that makes seeing them together so much fun.
        Spoiler:
        AT said something along those lines in the character profile I think. That nothing could ever happen because that tension would be gone

Still, at some point especially for Niko's sake since he's waited so long, I'd like to see some resolution.

I sure hope they'd take it into account. Because it probably would cost them viewers. I understand they don't want the fans to think anyone is "safe" but if they killed off a VERY popular character imo it would be a very bad decision. I started watching the show because of Amanda but Tesla has become such a favorite of mine (along with Helen) I don't think I could continue watching the show if they killed him off.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of them but I didn't realize you've done so many. Will have to check them out.

*laughing at mental image of Helen and Nikola's kids having the run of the Sanctuary*

Yes, she said that in the character profile of the Nikola Tesla DVD extra but tention is not everything, them beeing in some kind of relationship would be much cooler and the possibilities I hope TPTB see it the same way, oh and not kill off Tesla, that would be so terrible, Helen would loose her last long time friend But I don´t think they would do that, wouldn´t they, I mean how many times Tesla nearly was death? Many times and they self said he is a favourite chara to write, so that would be really stupid, but I nevertheless I have the feeling they could kill someone off, they teased a little bit in that direction I think. Just wonder who it could be.

Yes, his ego would increase in vastness.
        Last edited by Altariel; 12 October 2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Oh, and talk of Helen and Niko babies!!! XD Adorable1 Iw ould love to see that, I love fics like that, sadly, there are not that many (well, there might be but IMO there will never be enough! )

And I agree with people saying they'd be causing a rukous and take after Nikola. IUmagine. His good looks, charm and genius, mixed with Helen's beauty, kindness and knowledge. They'd rule the world! (And I say 'they' because I imagine they'd have more than one or have twins - one boy, one girl)
          sigpic
          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
            Friends with benefits

What does UST and RST mean? sorry, not good with all the lingo
            Unresolved Sexual Tension and Resolved Sexual Tension

I think Niko would have enjoyed two Helens too *nudgenudgewinkwink*
            I'm torn too, in a way, the inner shipper in me wants to scream 'GET TOGETHER, GET MARRIED, HAVE KIDS!' But then the rational side thinks 'I don't want all the banter to be gone!' Like Nad said, if they stayed as they were and just had little... ahem 'events' every now and then... that's fine by me! Lol
            But I think maybe Helen should give into the flirting a lot more, or start it... imagine Niko's face when Helen steals a kiss from him, or squeezes his bum That would be fun, and a step in the right direction for their relationship without loosing all the banter

But if they did get together, i don't think they'd be boring. Nikola would still be snarky and flirty and just more confident because he knows she loves him, fuelling his ego!
            *nods*
            You just sealed the ''Friends with benefits'' deal.
            (Though I would still love an off-screen romantic relationship too...
            Drat. I'm still torn )

But the Helen/John vids might be angsty/non-romantic/non-shippy/dark vids which in know way suggest ship. I've seen a few, and it's hard to know just how many shippy one's are ou there. But I think it's safe to say that the Teslen ones are shippy!
            That is true. There's a lot of dramatic history there, where Helen/Niko vids have to be more focused on the now.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
              Yes, she said that in the character profile of the Nikola Tesla DVD extra but tention is not everything, them beeing in some kind of relationship would be much cooler and the possibilities I hope TPTB see it the same way, oh and not kill off Tesla, that would be so terrible, Helen would loose her last long time friend But I don´t think they would do that, wouldn´t they, I mean how many times Tesla nearly was death? Many times and they self said he is a favourite chara to write, so that would be really stupid, but I nevertheless I have the feeling they could kill someone off, they teased a little bit in that direction I think. Just wonder who it could be.

Yes, his ego would increase in vastness.
              It would be.

Oh, and talk of Helen and Niko babies!!! XD Adorable1 Iw ould love to see that, I love fics like that, sadly, there are not that many (well, there might be but IMO there will never be enough! )

And I agree with people saying they'd be causing a rukous and take after Nikola. IUmagine. His good looks, charm and genius, mixed with Helen's beauty, kindness and knowledge. They'd rule the world! (And I say 'they' because I imagine they'd have more than one or have twins - one boy, one girl)
              I'm not one for kid fic, but even I have read stories with children I thought were kind of adorable. I love reading the 'what if's' here, but in FF it's not my cup of tea, usually.
              I have once written a fic in which Helen was pregnant with Niko's child, but I stopped there. Pragnancy I could write, but I had no idea what to do with an actual kid.

sigpic

Comment

I can deal with Tesla not being in episodes. It's not like I only enjoy the show if he's in it, but yeah... Killing him off would certainly make me wonder if I could still watch. I'd tr
                y to, because I love Sanctuary, but meh.
                Yes, not having him in every episode I can deal with. Killing him off though would be entirely different.

StarSancFar: But if they did get together, i don't think they'd be boring. Nikola would still be snarky and flirty and just more confident because he knows she loves him, fuelling his ego!
                I don't think they'd become a boring couple either. They could still get on each other's nerves and banter and yet they'd each have the assurance they were loved and accepted by each other. It could be great. They wouldn't necessarily have to get married to have a wonderful relationship either.

Altariel: Yes, she said that in the character profile of the Nikola Tesla DVD extra but tention is not everything, them beeing in some kind of relationship would be much cooler and the possibilities ....
                (snipped)
                .....but I nevertheless I have the feeling they could kill someone off, they teased a little bit in that direction I think. Just wonder who it could be.
                No, it's not. And if it goes on too long it can start working against them in that fans might think "just do it already" and it starts to get old. I think they could resolve the tension and still keep their relationship fun and interesting though.

I think writers/producers always like to tease viewers with the possibility that someone might die, because it gets a reaction if viewers really care about the characters.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Friends with benefits
                  Absolutely my favorite Teslen scenario I don't think it is too out there either. They have shared so much, quite likely the worst days of each others' lives, and when other people die, they have chance to continue living. People have done friend with benefits for lesser reasons... But I don't know if Nikola could do it. Maybe he would, even if he knew he couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                    Absolutely my favorite Teslen scenario I don't think it is too out there either. They have shared so much, quite likely the worst days of each others' lives, and when other people die, they have chance to continue living. People have done friend with benefits for lesser reasons... But I don't know if Nikola could do it. Maybe he would, even if he knew he couldn't.
                    I don´t think he would have a problem with that, after all he is a man but then again, he is in love with her, so probably wouldn´t like the idea that much, but before he has nothing...well^^

Comment

i hope they don't kill anyone off (especially nikola).

i hope that if they do kill someone it would be abby (can't stand her lol)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                        I don´t think he would have a problem with that, after all he is a man but then again, he is in love with her, so probably wouldn´t like the idea that much, but before he has nothing...well^^
                        Pretty much what I thought

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        i hope that if they do kill someone it would be abby (can't stand her lol)
                        I kind of like her. I like to think that Will has someone special in his life, some normalcy, someone who loves him and all kinds of sappy things... I just wish I didn't have to actually watch her

But I have to admit, Abby has a lot potential with her connections. I hope some day that potential will be used in delicious twisted plot that includes A LOT AND THEN SOME authorities who work in non-abnormal setting and know nothing of abnormals. I can't help it, I just love it when strange and mundane confront and the ones working with strange are judged by standards used for the ones who work with mundane.

Ok, some OT But if it helps, that delicious twisted plot should have Tesla in it, too

Comment

Re: Friends with benefits:

I can't wrap my mind around this concept in RL and I wouldn't like it for Teslen, even if I am alone with this opinion.

I mean, they both have to be very desperate to get laid to agree to something like that
                          I like to think that their relationship is something more special.
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                            Re: Friends with benefits:

I can't wrap my mind around this concept in RL and I wouldn't like it for Teslen, even if I am alone with this opinion.

I mean, they both have to be very desperate to get laid to agree to something like that
                            I like to think that their relationship is something more special.
                            I don't think friends with benefits necessarily is something that becomes from being desperated to get laid. I guess it one reason, for some people, but there can be so much more in it than just sex: companionship, caring, even love. If it was only sex, one could go to the nearest bar and drag home someone random and sober enough

With FWB, there is (well, obviously ) the friendship, one kind of relationship already in place. That has to greatly affect to sex quality, and sex tends to chance the friendship... It is tricky business, dangerous for friendship, but the chances in it can be for better, something really special.

I get it is a game many don't want to play, and for good reason. But some people are into all kinds of stupid and potentially damaging games... I thinks it is the game aspect of the whole ordeal that might lure Helen and Tesla to something like that. And all the UST too, ofc

Or maybe not. I can imagine a million things why they would never do FWB

Comment

Heh. No matter what everyone thinks, I do appreciate that we can actually discuss the possibilities. Just imagine how hard it must be to decide what happens on screen if we, actual shippers, already have a difficult time figuring out what a relationship should be like.

The Mojo loves it
                              Some simple artwork:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                                ... but there can be so much more in it than just sex: companionship, caring, even love...
                                So it's basically an absolutely normal relationship but they get to do it only once a year?

I am sorry but that's exactly why I can't wrap my mind around it. If they love and care anyway, why shouldn't they simply be together (married or not)?
                                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Working...
                                X