• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post

I'd love to see a Helen/John fic full with silent moments
    I love your analysis. You can bring everything to the point so eloquently
    It would make an interesting read, I'm sure
    And thanks
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      It does, doesn't it?
      Helen would have her hands full with her mini Niko's
      lol yeah, something tells me if they had a son it would take after him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        lol yeah, something tells me if they had a son it would take after him.
        What if they had twins? O_o They'd be able to plan antics together...for some reason the idea of twin mini Nikos wreaking havoc just amuses me to no end

As long as, y'know, they don't end up being like

Although the idea of having everyone fight creepy kids one season would be quite fun >8D
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Helen/Nikola fun/humour fics seem to be more popular and abundant than Helen/John fluffly fun fics too. Hence more of them being written.

Well, the ff.net comparison shows only that Teslen are the more prolific bunch, and the YT comparison shows only that Druitt had a head start with webisodes

But it's cool stats nonetheless. Thanks for checking, ladies!
          I was about to say that John had a head start. Nikola wasn't even in it till The Five, and even then he was 'trying to kill' Helen (although there was the kiss). There were way more Helen/John scenes for vids in season one/webisodes. I'll have to get on to evening the score... I'm proud to say I've contributed about 18(ish) Teslen vids.

I think that Helen/Niko shippers are the ones who need the words to capture the banter and the motivation, while Helen/Druitt shippers need the facial expressions and the silent moments to capture the overwhelming angst.
          Nikola/Helen banter is the best to write/read! It's addictive...

LOL Helen and Nikola's children would be great. They'd be running circles around the rest of the Sanctuary team by the time they could walk.

Comment

The assessment of Magnett "silence" vs. Teslen banter is quite accurate lmao

And seriously, I'd love to see Teslen babies if only to see them drive everyone crazy I mean, if Niko still wants an army, that's the best way he'd be able to make one
            "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post

And seriously, I'd love to see Teslen babies if only to see them drive everyone crazy I mean, if Niko still wants an army, that's the best way he'd be able to make one
              Poor Helen.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                I was about to say that John had a head start. Nikola wasn't even in it till The Five, and even then he was 'trying to kill' Helen (although there was the kiss).
                Oh yeah there was the kiss and yeah! he was trying to kill Helen ! *sexy*

I wasn't watching Season 1 week by week so I saw Nikola in a YT fanvid first (that red tinted vid with "Bad Romance", I am sure everybody knows what I am talking about ) and what can I say, I became a Teslen shipper instantly, even without having heard his sexy voice and their snarky banter <3

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                There were way more Helen/John scenes for vids in season one/webisodes. I'll have to get on to evening the score... I'm proud to say I've contributed about 18(ish) Teslen vids.
                Wow, that's more vids that I have ever made
                Way to go!

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post

OMG you are a super genius! Niko is a genius but he didn't come up with that unfallible plan yet!
                I mean, really. He doesn't age so he can wait quietly until they grow up and help him take over the world! However, with Helen's genes in the mix, they'll probably help him a little and then let him learn a lesson
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Oh I can so totally see them having kids, especially because Helen deserves some happyness and what would make Helen more happy than having a man she loves and after the terrible loss of Ashley another children? And I think Nikola is very great with children. I think he would never admit it, but I think he likes children, that is at least my impression. And I think with Helen he wouldn´t mind having one or two kids, becuse he really loves her IMHO Some may think that is cheesy but I definitely see it. It will nearly to 100 percent never happen on the show, but wouldn´t it be great if that would be hinted after the show ended, in an interview or something like that? Helen was always so alone, I think that would be a great ending, better than killing her off.

I think after loosing a child the best medicine is to get another child after some time, isn´t it?
                  Last edited by Altariel; 12 October 2011, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                    I think after loosing a child the best medicine is to get another child after some time, isn´t it?

I don't think it works this way in RL.

Comment

I don't think it works this way in RL.
                      I know some examples from real life where parents lost a child, either they had already other children which gave then the strengh to carry on or if a baby died of sudden infant death they soon after get another baby. Of course everyone process those things differently.

Comment

fanvid -- (that red tinted vid with "Bad Romance", I am sure everybody knows what I am talking about )
                        I don't but now I really want to!

I think he would never admit it, but I think he likes children, that is at least my impression.
                        Two words: overlapping interests

Comment

I know some examples from real life where parents lost a child, either they had already other children which gave then the strengh to carry on or if a baby died of sudden infant death they soon after get another baby. Of course everyone process those things differently.
                          I don't want to build up any drama here but there is a difference between losing a baby and a grown up child like Ashley was.

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                          I don't but now I really want to!
                          Here you are
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F156QJwIas

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                          Two words: overlapping interests
                          so true!

Comment

I don't want to build up any drama here but there is a difference between losing a baby and a grown up child like Ashley was.
                            Personally I know little of the matter but I have heard that when someone loses his/hers only child, he/he loses also parenthood. The loss itself is devastating and that is why is can be so difficult to return to the role of not being a parent. If there are other children, the parents continue as parents (or become parents again) and even when the loss itself doesn't become less, the conditions around it may help people carry on.

How and if this works when the dead child was adult, I don't know, but. *shrugs*

Oh S-W-E-E-T!

...and that was how FromOutside spent the rest of her day in some crazy fangirl mode and didn't get any work done

Comment

es!: ......Either way, I think one of the main reasons TPTB won't bring Helen and Niko together is because they are afraid to piss off Druitt fans...
                              imo I think a more likely reason would be that if they actually let them be together they will lose the UST and bantering that makes seeing them together so much fun.
                              Spoiler:
                              AT said something along those lines in the character profile I think. That nothing could ever happen because that tension would be gone

Still, at some point especially for Niko's sake since he's waited so long, I'd like to see some resolution.

DutchIndeed: {snip} .....Having said that, I don't see them say, killng off Helen, or Tesla. It would cost them viewers for sure and I do believe that they take that into account while writing.
                              I sure hope they'd take it into account. Because it probably would cost them viewers. I understand they don't want the fans to think anyone is "safe" but if they killed off a VERY popular character imo it would be a very bad decision. I started watching the show because of Amanda but Tesla has become such a favorite of mine (along with Helen) I don't think I could continue watching the show if they killed him off.

ZaraShade: I'll have to get on to evening the score...I'm proud to say I've contributed about 18(ish) Teslen vids.
                              I'm pretty sure I've seen some of them but I didn't realize you've done so many. Will have to check them out.

*laughing at mental image of Helen and Nikola's kids having the run of the Sanctuary*
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                                imo I think a more likely reason would be that if they actually let them be together they will lose the UST and bantering that makes seeing them together so much fun.
                                Spoiler:
                                AT said something along those lines in the character profile I think. That nothing could ever happen because that tension would be gone
                                I personally agree with that (re: UST & banter), but who knows how PTB think...

Re: spoiler tag
                                I didn't know she'd said that. Yay!

Comment

Working...
                                X