No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NumberSix: Well, yeah, I didn't mean Helen back in 1898. I meant that it would be happening after her 113 (I think it was) years of "vacation" and by then she would be wearing modern clothes. So this is messing with my mind. Does that mean we'll have two Helens in the present day? Or will they someone meld into one or she simply steps in and takes her own place when she catches up to the moment she went back in time? Maybe that's for the spoiler discussion thread tho. ?
    Probably for the dicussion thread but I'm going to mention it here anyway...
    I think James said Helen steps back into being her and joins her timeline right after she leaves to go back in time, so then there'll only be one Helen. What a shame, I think Nikola would have thoroughly enjoyed two Helens.

As for the whole 'will RST ruin their relationship thing' I'm so torn. On the one hand of course I want them to get together, but I don't want it to ruin them either. However it's played out the writers need to be very careful. I don't want them to hook up and then nothing, like they kind of did with John and Helen. It was such a canon pairing and especially after Haunted... but then they've kind of tied it up more now. Nikola and Helen should be in it for the long haul!

But yeah I don't think they'd ever ever be a cutesy couple, nor would they be boring. They're such interesting, quirky and brilliant characters in their own right that them being together would be explosive... I mean imagine what they could get up to as a couple! I wonder how the rest of the team would react... I doubt Will would enjoy it much.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
      UST is great but one can write only so many seasons with it.
      Niko is there for only a few eps a season... so I'd never tire from his snarky UST banter

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Hm. But I think that 'Hey, honey, would you pass the sugar?' would be just the thing to say before all hell breaks loose.
      Hahaha! I can totally see it

Helen and Niko won't stop being brilliant all of a sudden just because they hooked up
      It's just, you know, UST won't be there anymore, no matter how good the writers are There'll be no more trembling in every almost-kiss situation - and I'd miss it dearly.

I am actually curious what's the ratio between Helen/Niko and Helen/John shippers... Either way, I think one of the main reasons TPTB won't bring Helen and Niko together is because they are afraid to piss off Druitt fans...
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Hm. But I think that 'Hey, honey, would you pass the sugar?' would be just the thing to say before all hell breaks loose.
        Haha, indeed

Originally posted by es! View Post
        Niko is there for only a few eps a season... so I'd never tire from his snarky UST banter
        True This might allow UST work for many seasons more than if both Helen and Niko were seen more often in the same eps.

I am actually curious what's the ratio between Helen/Niko and Helen/John shippers... Either way, I think one of the main reasons TPTB won't bring Helen and Niko together is because they are afraid to piss off Druitt fans...
        Me, too... Personally I don't like to think that fans affect that much for writing. It may be true but for some reason () we fans tend to be a bit fanatic over some things and that doesn't do well with logic or writing a good story. Actually that is a main recipe for writing badly balanced stories, mary sues and other bad, bad things that will end up ruining the good things. Kick the fans where it hurts most end keep on writing xD

Comment

Random, but that made me think of this scene from the movie The Last Mimzy (where I get my name lol). TBH if Helen and Niko had kids, they'd be exactly like the ones in that movie - super-smart with random telepathic powers

"YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I can see that happening Mimzy
            On the edge of breaking down
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

Hahaha! I can totally see it

Helen and Niko won't stop being brilliant all of a sudden just because they hooked up
              It's just, you know, UST won't be there anymore, no matter how good the writers are There'll be no more trembling in every almost-kiss situation - and I'd miss it dearly.

I´m not so sure about that, Amanda was quite clear in her opinion regarding Magnus and Tesla that it is " quite possible" that they would be together eventually. And all the interviews were pretty anti Magnus and Druitt as a couple and then "Tempus" IMHO

Spoiler:
              And then there is still the kiss which has great potential to piss of druitt fans and many fans already had seen that or at least heard of that and if they would be afraid of pissing off druitt fans I think they would have make that a secret

Besids that I would like to know if there are more Teslen or Magnet fans too.
              Last edited by Altariel; 11 October 2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                I would like to know if there are more Teslen or Magnet fans too.
                So, I made a small comparison ff.net, genre romance, rating all, characters
                - Helen and Tesla: 327 fics
                - Helen and Druitt: 215 fics

I think that much difference tells something, even when there is a lot other things that affect on this.

Comment

Me, too... Personally I don't like to think that fans affect that much for writing. It may be true but for some reason () we fans tend to be a bit fanatic over some things and that doesn't do well with logic or writing a good story. Actually that is a main recipe for writing badly balanced stories, mary sues and other bad, bad things that will end up ruining the good things. Kick the fans where it hurts most end keep on writing xD
                  I think in some cases it plays a part in creative decisions what fans think and mostly in the negative way. After all, angry fans are usually the most vocal fans And I admit... Shippers are often the most ...passionate about the how's and why's concerning the characters and the way they interact with others.
                  Sanctuary has shown not to shy away from 'unpopular' decisions though. Take Ashley and the fan response that came with it.
                  Having said that, I don't see them say, killng off Helen, or Tesla. It would cost them viewers for sure and I do believe that they take that into account while writing.

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                  Random, but that made me think of this scene from the movie The Last Mimzy (where I get my name lol). TBH if Helen and Niko had kids, they'd be exactly like the ones in that movie - super-smart with random telepathic powers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3_khG8Yn1E
                  Heh. Absolutely
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

So, I made a small comparison ff.net, genre romance, rating all, characters
                    - Helen and Tesla: 327 fics
                    - Helen and Druitt: 215 fics

I think that much difference tells something, even when there is a lot other things that affect on this.
                    I'm not one for ship wars and battles of the shippers.

But cool.

Now... someone check YouTube!

EDIT: The vidders seem to like Helen/John (1000) more than Helen/Nikola (924). It's more difficult to compare though, due to the different possibilities to tag and search.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                      I can see that happening Mimzy
                      Heh. Absolutely
                      Their kids would throw the weirdest temper tantrums ever. Short-circuiting the Sanctuary, vamping up and ruining Helen's furniture with their mini vamp claws, telekinetically moving everyone's stuff around so no one knows where it is, magnetically threatening everyone with hovering silverware, hacking into Henry's computers...good lord it'd be a mess if they'd have to be babysat.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Well, the ff.net comparison shows only that Teslen are the more prolific bunch, and the YT comparison shows only that Druitt had a head start with webisodes

But it's cool stats nonetheless. Thanks for checking, ladies!

Comment

Their kids would throw the weirdest temper tantrums ever. Short-circuiting the Sanctuary, vamping up and ruining Helen's furniture with their mini vamp claws, telekinetically moving everyone's stuff around so no one knows where it is, magnetically threatening everyone with hovering silverware, hacking into Henry's computers...good lord it'd be a mess if they'd have to be babysat.

My take on their kids (bare with me, I suck at Helen/Niko baby talk ) would be that they'd be adorable and charming, but that their desire to explore would get the better of them, getting them into loads of trouble. *nods*

Well, the ff.net comparison shows only that Teslen are the more prolific bunch, and the YT comparison shows only that Druitt had a head start with webisodes

But it's cool stats nonetheless. Thanks for checking, ladies!

I think that Helen/Niko shippers are the ones who need the words to capture the banter and the motivation, while Helen/Druitt shippers need the facial expressions and the silent moments to capture the overwhelming angst.
                          Theses ships are so... different.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dutchindeed View Post

my take on their kids (bare with me, i suck at helen/niko baby talk ) would be that they'd be adorable and charming, but that their desire to explore would get the better of them, getting them into loads of trouble. *nods*
                            well now doesn't that sound familiar?
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

:

I think that Helen/Niko shippers are the ones who need the words to capture the banter and the motivation, while Helen/Druitt shippers need the facial expressions and the silent moments to capture the overwhelming angst.
                              Theses ships are so... different.

I'd love to see a Helen/John fic full with silent moments
                              I love your analysis. You can bring everything to the point so eloquently

Comment

well now doesn't that sound familiar?
                                It does, doesn't it?
                                Helen would have her hands full with her mini Niko's

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X