Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
    Will and Abby are boring but Helen and Nikola would never be boring I think. It depends on the way they are written, I think he would be as cheeky as ever.
    Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *shakes head*
    That just cost you your membership badge...

LOL

I know better, really. I was sooo hoping for Mulder and Scully to hook up and look where it took them

I agree tho that Helen and Nikola could be written really nicely as a couple too. It would be just half of the fun for me (personally) because I'm a sucker for UST.
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      LOL

I know better, really. I was sooo hoping for Mulder and Scully to hook up and look where it took them

I agree tho that Helen and Nikola could be written really nicely as a couple too. It would be just half of the fun for me (personally) because I'm a sucker for UST.
      Ugh. Now that you've mentined Mulder and Scully...
      I'd prefer UST over that as well
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Ugh. Now that you've mentined Mulder and Scully...
        I'd prefer UST over that as well
        I don't know, it's utterly hilarious on some random level!

Poor Mulder and Scully. A rare case when the leads ruined a show

Comment

I don't know, it's utterly hilarious on some random level!

Poor Mulder and Scully. A rare case when the leads ruined a show
          Dear PTB,

Please don't mulderandscully Helen and Niko?
          We'd like to see the show not ruined.

Love,
          The Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread on GateWorld

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Dear PTB,

Please don't mulderandscully Helen and Niko?
            We'd like to see the show not ruined.

Love,
            The Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread on GateWorld

Gah, I've got no more greens left at the end of the day!
            *virtual greens*

Love to see "mulderandscully" being a verb Maybe you should e it to the merriam webster dictionary

Comment

Gah, I've got no more greens left at the end of the day!
              *virtual greens*

Love to see "mulderandscully" being a verb Maybe you should e it to the merriam webster dictionary

It would be a very telling one.

sigpic

Comment

It would be a very telling one.
                Heheh

Gotta turn in now. Tomorrow is another (shippy) day

Shippy hugs all around, dream sweet of Niko and Helen!

Comment

Does anyone know when Nikola returns which eps he's in? I so can't wait to see him and Helen again I love there flirting it just melts me and they are so funny oh I've made a new banner but comps being repaired I'll post it once it's all fixed
                  sigpic
                  (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I believe Amanda said he was in episode 5
                    On the edge of breaking down
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by me

Comment

Noooo they can't have UST forever or it will turn into you-know-what from Stargate and then everyone will eventually get pissed off >.<

REMEMBER THAT, YOU SG SHIPPERS? REMEMBER??? DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT IF YOU WON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ON ANOTHER SHOW I mean...I didn't even ship that and I still find it annoying. I mean GEEZ!! *headdesk*

Besides, just because people hook up long-term doesn't mean they'll be boring. That's like saying people shouldn't get married because it will just be boring after the thrill of the chase is over and whatnot. It's not going to get boring if you actively make sure it won't be boring. I mean, how on EARTH can Helen and Niko ever get boring??? Just think about that for a second. It's Helen and Nikola!!!

I mean, really? Those two, BORING?
                      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Awesome! thanks Glitch xo
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I found this interesting snippet on Wikipedia about Slavic mythology. The last part in particular makes me think of the whole Nikola/Helen/John thing

Ivanov and Toporov reconstructed the ancient myth involving the two major gods of the Proto-Slavic pantheon, Perun and Veles. The two of them stand in opposition in almost every way. Perun is a heavenly god of thunder and lightning, fiery and dry, who rules the living world from his citadel high above, located on the top of the highest branch of the World Tree. Veles is a chthonic god associated with waters, earthly and wet, lord of the underworld, who rules the realm of the dead from down in the roots of the World Tree. Perun is a giver of rain to farmers, god of war and weapons, invoked by fighters. Veles is a god of cattle, protector of shepherds, associated with magic and commerce.

Many places in various Slavic countries still carry the God's name: Perun (the famous mountain in Bosnia Herzegovina, Vareš), Perunac, Perunovac, Perunika, Peruni?ka Glava, Peruni Vrh, Perunja Ves, Peruna Dubrava, Perunuša, Perušice, Perudina and Perutovac. These names today mostly represent mountain tops, but in medieval times, large oaks, sacred groves and even entire villages or citadels were named Perun. Also, as mentioned already, in Ukrainian perun and in Polish piorun means "thunderbolt". Among South Slavs, a mountain plant Iris germanica is known in folklore as perunika ("Perun's plant") and sometimes also as bogisha, ("god's plant"), and was believed to grow from ground that had been struck by lightning.

A cosmic battle fought between the two of them echoes the ancient Indo-European myth of a fight between a storm god and a dragon. Attacking with his lightning bolts from the sky, Perun pursues his serpentine enemy Veles, who slithers down over the earth. Veles taunts Perun and flees, transforming himself into various animals, hiding behind trees, houses, or people. In the end, Perun catches up with the dog Veles turned into and eventually befriends him using kind words and bits of meat, only to then grab the dog and throw him into a lake, where Veles drowns. Perun does not actually destroy Veles, but simply returns him to his place in the world of the dead. Thus the order of the world, disrupted by Veles's mischief, is established once again by Perun. The idea that storms and thunder are actually a divine battle between the supreme god and his arch-enemy was extremely important to Slavs, and continued to thrive long after Perun and Veles were replaced by the ?hristian God and Devil. A lightning bolt striking down a tree or burning down a peasant's house was always explained through the belief of a raging heavenly deity bashing down on his earthly, underworldly, enemy.

The enmity of the two gods was explained by Veles' theft of Perun's cattle, or by Perun's theft of Veles' cattle (since Veles was the god of cattle, the matter of ownership here is not clear). The motif of stealing divine cattle is also a common one in Indo-European mythology; the cattle in fact may be understood simply as a metaphor for heavenly water or rain. Thus, Veles steals rain water from Perun, or Perun steals water for rain from Veles (again, since Veles is associated with waters, and Perun with sky and clouds, it is unclear to whom rain should belong). An additional reason for this enmity may be wife-theft. From folklore accounts it seems that the Sun was sometimes considered to be Perun's wife (an odd idea, as all Slavic sun-gods, like Hors and Dažbog, are male ). However, since the Sun, in the mythic view of the world, dies every evening, as it descends beyond the horizon and into the underworld where it spends the night, this was understood by Slavs as Veles' theft of Perun's wife (but again, the rebirth of the Sun in the morning could also be understood as Perun's theft of Veles' wife).
                          Perun = Nikola
                          Veles = John
                          The Wife = Helen

lol
                          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                            Noooo they can't have UST forever or it will turn into you-know-what from Stargate and then everyone will eventually get pissed off >.<

REMEMBER THAT, YOU SG SHIPPERS? REMEMBER??? DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT IF YOU WON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ON ANOTHER SHOW I mean...I didn't even ship that and I still find it annoying. I mean GEEZ!! *headdesk*

Besides, just because people hook up long-term doesn't mean they'll be boring. That's like saying people shouldn't get married because it will just be boring after the thrill of the chase is over and whatnot. It's not going to get boring if you actively make sure it won't be boring. I mean, how on EARTH can Helen and Niko ever get boring??? Just think about that for a second. It's Helen and Nikola!!!

I mean, really? Those two, BORING?
                            http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...15-500-183.gif
                            Stay cool, Mimzy

All people don't have to be turned on by the same things

However it's a fact that many TV shows jumped the shark the very moment the main characters hooked up.

Oh, and I love S/J UST (and subtle RST hints towards the end of the show)

Comment

However it's a fact that many TV shows jumped the shark the very moment the main characters hooked up.
                              I agree, and like I said, I am one of those fans who like to see love that can't turn into a relationship But then, many shows don't jump the shark, especially not the modern shows where relationships may not be written to last and people don't get so happy it starts to make you sick after 2 minutes watching. House, Dexter, Supernatural and Sons of Anarchy come to mind, all these are popular and haven't suffered from main characters having relationships, even if they have relationships with each other.

It's all in the writing And no sane writer would write Helen and Nikola into some, eh, huggybear-relationship, in which days are full of hugs, small kisses, bad morning breath and 'hey, honey, would you pass the sugar?' *tries to slay a plot bunny but seems to fail*

I kind of agree with Mimzy... UST is great but one can write only so many seasons with it. Sooner or later someone or something has to stir it and chance things.

Comment

Hm. But I think that 'Hey, honey, would you pass the sugar?' would be just the thing to say before all hell breaks loose.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X