• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping in...

Max, nice banners!

As for the S4 spoiler versus ...the other S4 spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I've seen the discussion on the other threads about the kisses and it's true that without context, there's nothing to be sure about. From a shippy POV, I would say that the fact that kiss one is a one ep deal is a good thing and that Helen and Tesla have a leg up with the four seasons of character building. On the other side one could argue that the same build up might be a disadvantage. Big characters don't often get to hook up so soon.

Having said that, as a shipper I choose to believe that even if our kiss ends up to 'just' be a moment of whatever it would be, it's sill evidence that she loves him.

It's why I don't partake in general discussion. I live on my own island.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Dropping in...

Max, nice banners!

As for the S4 spoiler versus ...the other S4 spoiler:

Spoiler:
      I've seen the discussion on the other threads about the kisses and it's true that without context, there's nothing to be sure about. From a shippy POV, I would say that the fact that kiss one is a one ep deal is a good thing and that Helen and Tesla have a leg up with the four seasons of character building. On the other side one could argue that the same build up might be a disadvantage. Big characters don't often get to hook up so soon.

Having said that, as a shipper I choose to believe that even if our kiss ends up to 'just' be a moment of whatever it would be, it's sill evidence that she loves him.

It's why I don't partake in general discussion. I live on my own island.
      I totally agree with you. I figure we won't know till it happens.

I don't partake much in general discussion. To much to keep up with.

I live in my on my own plane of existence, when it come to those sorts of things.
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

It´s right that big characters typically don´t hook up too soon, but I think TPTB are so realistic to know that there might not be 10 season (of course I wish there will) and if they had the wish to play with that potential relationship after they actually have gotten together they should not start too late and I´m pretty sure their relationship would still be fun, if clever written, even if they would be in some sort of relationship and season 5 would be good season to start with it, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
          I totally agree with you. I figure we won't know till it happens.

I don't partake much in general discussion. To much to keep up with.

I live in my on my own plane of existence, when it come to those sorts of things.
          We should

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
          It´s right that big characters typically don´t hook up too soon, but I think TPTB are so realistic to know that there might not be 10 season (of course I wish there will) and if they had the wish to play with that potential relationship after they actually have gotten together they should not start too late and I´m pretty sure their relationship would still be fun, if clever written, even if they would be in some sort of relationship and season 5 would be good season to start with it, IMHO.
          True.
          There's always the fear of upsetting fans, though. Especially with Helen and Druitt being the Big Canon. But, but BUT. Development seems good on our end and I see it happen now more than in the earlier seasons

(And to add to that... Upsetting fans doesn't really seem to be an issue to TPTB considering the spoilers )
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Nad, or we could start our own discussion.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post

Spoiler:
              I don't think it would be the Helen that went back in time, unless it was a past event we were seeing, but the clothes and everything seemed modern, so I think it's safe to say the future Helen.

Oh no! *bashes your computer* hopefully it does soon! They're amazing!
              Spoiler:
              Well, yeah, I didn't mean Helen back in 1898. I meant that it would be happening after her 113 (I think it was) years of "vacation" and by then she would be wearing modern clothes. So this is messing with my mind. Does that mean we'll have two Helens in the present day? Or will they someone meld into one or she simply steps in and takes her own place when she catches up to the moment she went back in time? Maybe that's for the spoiler discussion thread tho. ?

I saw them!! (but I never bash my computer. It might retaliate.

Spoiler:
              I like how AT says "it's that crazy two geniuses butting heads but there's this really cool passion between the two of them." And I see they're bantering again. Love it. "You realize this is unprecedented." "Well it's never stopped us before." etc.

I haven't seen the discussion on the spoiler thread yet, but I would tend to agree with what Nad said...
              Spoiler:
              that the first kiss of the season is supposed to be a one ep thing, whereas she and Nikola have a long history. So I'd guess that their kiss is at least a sign that they share a very close friendship and ideally for those of us who want to see them together it would mean something more.

Very nice max. I can't decide which one I like best as far as coloring goes.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Thanks Six....that was my problem as well. I do like them all. As well as the evolution of there relationship on screen.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, apparently I have to agree with the spoilers thread, without having read it actually -

Spoiler:
                  The Teslen kiss does look a little desperate, like he's about to die or something... Anyhow, he was about to die in Awakening too, and she didn't kiss him then, right?
                  "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                  "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                    Nad, or we could start our own discussion.
                    In what way? You mean here?

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Well, yeah, I didn't mean Helen back in 1898. I meant that it would be happening after her 113 (I think it was) years of "vacation" and by then she would be wearing modern clothes. So this is messing with my mind. Does that mean we'll have two Helens in the present day? Or will they someone meld into one or she simply steps in and takes her own place when she catches up to the moment she went back in time? Maybe that's for the spoiler discussion thread tho. ?
                    It confuses me as well

I saw them!! (but I never bash my computer. It might retaliate.

Spoiler:
                    I like how AT says "it's that crazy two geniuses butting heads but there's this really cool passion between the two of them." And I see they're bantering again. Love it. "You realize this is unprecedented." "Well it's never stopped us before." etc.

*nods*

Originally posted by es! View Post
                    Well, apparently I have to agree with the spoilers thread, without having read it actually -

Spoiler:
                    The Teslen kiss does look a little desperate, like he's about to die or something... Anyhow, he was about to die in Awakening too, and she didn't kiss him then, right?

Ah but...
                    Spoiler:
                    Desperation kisses are good, though. On TV those are often the ones coming from the heart. ''I'm desperate. The situation is grave. What to do, what to do? Oh yes. Kiss you! That's who.''

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      But Helen wouldn´t say: go Nikola...dying^^ I think it is actually she who is in danger and Nikola shall do something else

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Ah but...
                        Spoiler:
                        Desperation kisses are good, though. On TV those are often the ones coming from the heart. ''I'm desperate. The situation is grave. What to do, what to do? Oh yes. Kiss you! That's who.''

I didn't say they were bad
                        I just thought it was the general opinion in the spoilers thread, and I tend to agree.

'Sides,
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't want Niko and Helen to hook up, I really don't. Couples can be soo boring. I am all for banter and UST.

*ducks and dashes for cover*

Comment

Spoiler:
                          But Helen wouldn´t say: go Nikola...dying^^ I think it is actually she who is in danger and Nikola shall do something else
                          Methinks
                          Spoiler:
                          the WORLD will be in danger. It will be one of the last two eps, right? Means a mind-blowing EPIC cliffhanger!
                          Helen and Niko probably have to split and both go their dangerous paths to reach whatever doodlidoo in time... they don't know whether they will see each other again, and Helen, being the girl, is ready to cave in and kiss him already!

Comment

Will and Abby are boring but Helen and Nikola would never be boring I think. It depends on the way they are written, I think he would be as cheeky as ever.

Comment

I didn't say they were bad
                              I just thought it was the general opinion in the spoilers thread, and I tend to agree.

'Sides,
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't want Niko and Helen to hook up, I really don't. Couples can be soo boring. I am all for banter and UST.

*ducks and dashes for cover*
                              *shakes head*
                              That just cost you your membership badge...

sigpic

Comment

Will and Abby are boring but Helen and Nikola would never be boring I think. It depends on the way they are written, I think he would be as cheeky as ever.
                                I tend to agree that it's about the characters and the writing. A couple is as boring as the life they get to live.
                                I'm not sure I wouls really enjoy a relationship between them if it were to be all cute and fluffy, because it, IMHO, isn't them, but if it would be Helen and Niko as they are while they just happen to share a bed and have some nice alone time so every now and then, I think I'd love it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X