No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever Will talks in a Tesla-sode I just want to punch him. He was so annoying in Trail of Blood. You`d think that Will of all people would be the most tolerant and understanding of someone who`s maybe a bit grating. (Adam, who tried to kill Helen, gets defended because he has a mental condition but Tesla`s immediately written off as just annoying?) I`d like to maybe see a scene where Nikola connects with Will over their mutual childhood losses, or at least something that makes Will see the good/love for Helen.

Comment

Well, this is a shipper thread so I'd be very surprised if you thought the same way as I do

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
      With the second point I disagree too, I believe he would never sacrifice people she loves, she is way to important to him. He may have always his own agenda, but at the end of the day his priority lies with Helen, he would even sacrifice himself for her, like in Trail of blood.
      No, not for selfish reason he wouldn't, but what about for greater good? Helen herself have created protocols that include killing abnormals that have abilities that might prove too dangerous if they were to fall in wrong hands. She even sacrificed her own daughter for Sanctuary network, so I believe it is safe to she believes in sacrificing people for the cause. Not blindly (as Big Bertha proved), or selfishly, but dead people are dead people anyway.

I think Helen can only love someone who she sees as a good person, and to be one, he'd have to understand sacrifice for the cause. I like to think she sees Tesla as a good person when it comes to this, but she understands that she and Tesla may not share the ultimate cause. Tesla's and Helen's causes might even be too different to peacefully exist at the same place and time, as it was with the things he had done in Rome. One very interesting question is what (and who) Tesla would sacrifice for Helen, and what Helen could tolerate him to. I believe that one might prove a very difficult equation to balance

Maybe all this is what can be seen as an issue that needs and can be worked out. I don't know, but personally I like the conflict between those two, and I'd love to read more dark, tasty fanfic investigating this aspect of their relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
        I know, it's annoying :-/ I mean, even in the deleted scene at the end of "Awakening" in when Helen
        Spoiler:
        tells Will and Kate about what happened, he can't believe Nikola's been re-vamped. He's all like OH NO SRSLY and Helen was very subtle about it but I thought she implied enough in her face that the reason it happened was to save his life. If ANYONE SHOULD have picked up on that, it should've been Will. I really feel like this Will vs. Tesla thing needs to be openly addressed. He doesn't seem to think Niko is worth the time and apparently doesn't seem to notice that there's more to Niko and Helen than just this weird snarky friendship. And I know Helen doesn't want to explain it to him b/c that would mean having to come face-to-face with what she really does feel about her vampy.

Either he needs to have a revelation, or Niko has to freak out over Helen, or Kate or somebody (b/c I feel like Kate would pick up on it b/c she's a girl lol) has to point it out to him. Because it seriously makes no sense.
        I don't know. I think Kate feels about the same way toward Nikola as Will does. I'm trying to think of anytime when she has picked up on little subtle behavioral things in others. ??? It's kind of interesting on the character profile...

Spoiler:
        when RD talks about the "relationship" between WIll and Nikola and says he feels Nikola thinks Will is a child and some insignificant human, so I wonder if RD plays Will as not liking Nikola because of that and so refusing to try to understand him better. Or maybe the writers just haven't had the time to tackle that issue much.
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Somebody stop me?

Comment

Spoiler:
            I loved what DK and RD said about Tesla and Magnus. Y`know, about why they changed their clothes

Comment

An interesting point FromOUtside - they're both very similar in a lot of ways, but at the same time they have wildly different motivations and goals. Nikola is basically aiming to be the world's greatest misanthropist (even if I often suspect his natural inclination is in the other direction - he's just been hurt so many times by people he's been close to and admired), while Helen, who cares about everyone, often at the expense of herself, is the opposite. But we've seen Nikola be very brave and willing to take on Helen's goals as his own - and obviously to sacrifice himself for her as we've seen him do more than once. Still at the end of the day I think he really only loves her, and himself. (I think he loves the Five, too, out of loyalty and nostalgia, so I don't think he'd ever kill John except in defense of Helen.) Helen, on the other hand, yes she would sacrifice just about anything, including her own life and the lives of the people she loves, for the greater good. That's who she is - she's always going to do what's right. Nikola isn't nearly so altruistic. Where they sort of meet in the middle, though, is that they can both be extremely selfish in protecting their own interests.

I definitely agree on wanting to see more of the conflict between them explored on the show, or in fic. The ways their goals and values clash, but also the ways they are so freaking similar! Like their thrill in danger and adventure - and their lack of scruples about scientific achievement. The two of them egging each other on in some scheme or other - and then finding themselves in over their heads and having to deal with the fallout (so basically, the source blood all over again) - would be fun to see, too.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                Well, this is a shipper thread so I'd be very surprised if you thought the same way as I do

No, not for selfish reason he wouldn't, but what about for greater good? Helen herself have created protocols that include killing abnormals that have abilities that might prove too dangerous if they were to fall in wrong hands. She even sacrificed her own daughter for Sanctuary network, so I believe it is safe to she believes in sacrificing people for the cause. Not blindly (as Big Bertha proved), or selfishly, but dead people are dead people anyway.

I think Helen can only love someone who she sees as a good person, and to be one, he'd have to understand sacrifice for the cause. I like to think she sees Tesla as a good person when it comes to this, but she understands that she and Tesla may not share the ultimate cause. Tesla's and Helen's causes might even be too different to peacefully exist at the same place and time, as it was with the things he had done in Rome. One very interesting question is what (and who) Tesla would sacrifice for Helen, and what Helen could tolerate him to. I believe that one might prove a very difficult equation to balance

Maybe all this is what can be seen as an issue that needs and can be worked out. I don't know, but personally I like the conflict between those two, and I'd love to read more dark, tasty fanfic investigating this aspect of their relationship
                But Nikola has proven (subtly, but he has) that his ultimate cause is Helen. He would do anything for her, so therefore if she has a cause to defend, then he will eventually end up defending it simply because it's HERS. Don't forget that he obeyed every order Helen gave him about creating the weapon that they used to fight off Ashley and the Cabal super-vampires. Helen ASKED him to make the weapon fatal (by giving him Ash's blood) and he agreed to do it because of the fact that Helen wanted him to.
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Hi Zarashade! Yep, that's me - I just got your review on my latest story like two minutes ago lol. Thank you for that!
                  Thought so. Well it is a great story! (Call me Zara.).

But Nikola has proven (subtly, but he has) that his ultimate cause is Helen. He would do anything for her, so therefore if she has a cause to defend, then he will eventually end up defending it simply because it's HERS. Don't forget that he obeyed every order Helen gave him about creating the weapon that they used to fight off Ashley and the Cabal super-vampires. Helen ASKED him to make the weapon fatal (by giving him Ash's blood) and he agreed to do it because of the fact that Helen wanted him to.
                  Not to mention the fact that he didn't make it fatal (or even expect it to work well) the first time, despite obviously knowing he could have. He would have been able to find a sample of Ash's blood if he'd really wanted, but he didn't, and he knew it wouldn't work. But he didn't want to against Helen's wishes and effectively kill her daughter (until she told him to.). I think the reason he also didn't say much when she did eventually give him the blood was because he must have known what an impossible decision it was for her to have made, and didn't want her to have to explain herself or justify an obvious Sophie's Choice situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    I loved what DK and RD said about Tesla and Magnus. Y`know, about why they changed their clothes
                    Why did they do this? I would really like to know

Comment

I have to say, that is one of my FAVOURITE Nikola moments - when you realise he's known all along the weapon wouldn't work as it was, but he kept trying anyway because she asked him to. He would never have pushed for a fatal weapon - he waited for her to reach that conclusion herself, and if she hadn't, I don't think he would have even brought it up.

Comment

^^ I know me too. It shows he doesn't just push his own agenda (which in this case was stopping the Cabal) without considering anyone else. He was willing to let Helen make the choice, despite the consequences - for himself included.

Comment

Originally posted by lillypilly View Post
                          I have to say, that is one of my FAVOURITE Nikola moments - when you realise he's known all along the weapon wouldn't work as it was, but he kept trying anyway because she asked him to. He would never have pushed for a fatal weapon - he waited for her to reach that conclusion herself, and if she hadn't, I don't think he would have even brought it up.
                          ^what you said

On a totally different note, I just thought of a line in "The Five" that Niko says that everyone seems to forget. It's right after Niko tells Helen he loves her. They're running away again and he goes, "I feel so safe when I'm around you." HOW DID WE ALL FORGET ABOUT THAT ONE?! It's just so D'AWWWW <3
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

^^ *gasps dramatically* YOU'RE RIGHT! How did we forget about that? It's probably been overshadowed by the whole "I love you" line... Awwww Niko loves her and feels safe with her!!

Comment

It's too bad it got lost in the whole "we're running for our life" thing and Helen wasn't paying attention.

But...GAH. *SQUEEFLAIL* SO CUTE. <3

Interesting that HE's the one who feels safe around HELEN. I mean, for all his craziness, I always get the feeling that it's the other way around, because Helen has shown herself to be vulnerable at times. But his little line there is pretty telling - he's vulnerable too, underneath all the cheekiness and arrogance. Plus it's like to him Helen is the only one who really SEES him (or at least sort of does) instead of the egomaniac everyone else sees, so maybe that's what makes him feel safe.

And he's always so desperate for her attention. But in a cute way. Unlike John, who's desperate in a creepy way. It's amazing how big a difference subtleties can make.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Ah, geez this is just so epic that I can barely contain myself.

I hope that the writers realise that, accidentally or not, they're writing a love story. Nikola's loved Helen for so long, but it's not the obsessional, possessive love (and I question that word in this context) that John has for her, but a respectful, loyal, abiding love. He would wait forever for her and that is absolutely beautiful.

It's interesting that the thing Niko does when he's away from the Sanctuary is attempt world domination. He has to know his chances are minimal, even if Helen wasn't around to stop im. It's like he replaces one impossible task - having Helen fall in love with him - with another. I think that says a lot about how important she is to him, because he has to replace her with something more epic, more impossible.

He's going to be fun to watch when she does return his affections, though. Both times she kisses him, she throws him for a loop. He's wanted her for so long that I think when he finally gets her he's going to be a bit lost as to what to actually do. For all his suggestive comments and come ons, I don't think he really has a clue, and that's gonna be adorable to see. I really want to see Helen seduce him while he stands there utterly bewildered and not quite believing his luck

Comment

Working...
                                X