Clear All

Originally posted by misaditas View Post
    Spoiler:
    Um, yeah I know of Sam/Baal fic. Mostly because I write it *toes the floor*

Everything I've done is on my LJ

Carry on!

*happy dance*
    Spoiler:
    we're friends on LJ I believe I've actually read most if not all of your stories when I did a crazy search for Sam/Ba'al a while back Do forgive me, I don't frequent LJ because it confuses me and I should add to that I probably didn't leave any comments *hangs head in shame*
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      I think by this point John doesn't care whether he comes off as selfish - he just wants Helen back no matter what the cost. But I don't think it's in the sense of "I love you and I can't imagine myself without you" now, but more in a possessive way, like she's some kind of trophy. He seems to assume that he will always have some sort of control over Helen so that she will inevitably go back to him in the end. It's like he doesn't believe she will ever have the capacity get over him or something, which if you really think about it, is more egotistical than any of the dumb things Niko does.
      Exactly. Whatever it was, now it's just a mentally abusive relationship. There's absolutely nothing romantic about it whatsoever.

I think Helen is finally getting wise to that, but breaking away isn't going to be easy, especially if John is still around and trying to lay claim to her. I don't want to see Nikola standing up for her, because as nice as that would be, she really needs to do it herself. And there needs to be a time where she's on her own, since the last thing we want is for her to crash from one relationship to another.

Yeah, that means longer before we see Niko with Helen, which seems odd coming from a sipper, but I'm looking at the bigger picture. And that's John kicked to the kerb and Helen choosing Nikola because she loves him, not because there's not another option.

/gets off her soapbox

Comment

Amy: Just read the story! And I LOVED IT!!!!!!!! It was awesome how you wove everything together the way you did
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post

Bolded - my thoughts too see my post above this
          Spoiler:
          It would be nice to see Niko being pissed about someone hurting her and maybe being a little protective / concerned. I'm intrigued to know about their arguing... perhaps with them being alone he'll be more open about his concern for her?
          I think I said it a while ago, but I want to see their roles in "Awakening" reversed at some point. Nikola nearly losing it while Helen is REALLY dying or in very grave danger like
          Spoiler:
          Kate Beckett at the end of Castle season 3/beginning of season 4.

I know it's more in his character to try to suppress his fear, but if a situation that urgent came up I think he'd totally freak out just like Helen did over him (if not more so). I think it would provide even more solid proof that he really does care deeply for her (since there are STILL those out there complaining about the "he would have killed her!" in "The Five"). Plus, if the "children" were around they'd get to see Niko in a completely different light and realize that underneath it all, he's technically not a selfish jerk like comes across as. Especially Will...that guy needs a brick to the head. I cannot believe he's a psychologist and hasn't noticed the *oddities* in Niko's and Helen's behavior regarding each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love independent Helen, but even she has to be taken care of sometimes.

Which reminds me - I said this before too but I'll say it again: does anyone else get the sense that Niko was being so calm about
          Spoiler:
          dying in "Awakening" partly because he was trying to keep Helen from freaking out more than she already was? I've watched it so many times and I sort of found it odd that he was taking his imminent death so lightly (since I get his vibe that he's kind of afraid of dying - hence the obsession with immortality). Maybe it's just me, but I thought he MIGHT have been continuing to be his snarky self while he was basically bleeding to death so that it would ease Helen's anxiety a bit. Because notice how she manages to NOT go berserk until he falls unconscious. Actually, she almost goes berserk before then, when he starts drifting off and talking about her crimson dress at Oxford. Then she stabs him with the needle and he wakes up and proceeds to be snarky again...maybe as a way of distracting her/trying to get her to face the reality more calmly?

IDK I'm probably reading too much into it.

Also, I noticed that maybe his "I'm gonna die; there's no point in trying to save me" attitude in that ep was an indication of how inside he's doubtful about the extent to which Helen cares about him. I think part of him expected her to just let him go and not go crazy over trying to save him because he's sort of convinced himself that she thinks he's not that important. Which, thankfully, Helen proved wrong
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Thanks yamiinsane, StarSancFar, Lastrequest for the welcome!

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
            HI! *waves warmly* So, you're one of the many lurkers, eh? Nice to see you delurked! And there is a lot that we don't know about them, their history. Other than the tidbits of info that they talk about, but I'd reallly like to see an ep with them on an adventure back in the days!
            That would be my perfect episode basically. I want to see them running around together in the Valley of Kings (mentioned in Awakening). Even if most of the time they've pretty much been doing their own things, they've obviously been in and out of each other's lives too over the years before he went into hiding. I'd love to have some of the blanks filled in, especially if it's with fun, flirty adventures.

Also, regarding that spoilery moment:

Spoiler:
            It's obviously some dire moment and Helen is definitely risking her life -- I'm thinking she probably needs Nikola to do something elsewhere, but that will involve leaving her behind... And she knows he doesn't want to leave her to face almost certain death (probably) and knowing that he'd willingly stay and die with her - hell I'd kiss him too.

(I hope those spoiler tags work - apologies if they don't!)

Comment

I really don´t get what DK means that Helen has better taste than being with Tesla. Hello, she was with John and maybe even with Olaf!!!*choke* Is there anything in the world that can be worse? Tesla is the best men she can get, OK, he can be annoying but he is one of the greatest geniuses world has ever seen and he´s hot and the vampire thing can be freaky but is also cool! I mean how many women can claim that they are in a realationship with a vampire and the guy who invented the radio and alternating current?

Regarding the spoiler scene
              Spoiler:
              I don´t see anything angry in his face, for me it almost seems as if he is nearly crying. His look is sad and terrified, as if it could be a farewell forever

Comment

Encouraged by

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                You should de-lurk more often and join in the discussions
                I'll join the discussion Even though I don't ship Tesla/Helen that much... I think there is something in the air, maybe even love, but that kind of love that can never be lived true. If Tesla and Helen ever had a chance, the time window was closed a long time ago. Still, the feelings never completely die.

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                Plus, if the "children" were around they'd get to see Niko in a completely different light and realize that underneath it all, he's technically not a selfish jerk like comes across as. Especially Will...that guy needs a brick to the head. I cannot believe he's a psychologist and hasn't noticed the *oddities* in Niko's and Helen's behavior regarding each other.
                Again, just my thoughts obviously, but I think Will sees it and that is what makes him so worried and cautious with Tesla. As mentioned, Nikolas comes with his own agenda that often doesn't fit well with Helen's, and he may be willing to sacrifice things and people Helen dearly loves. At the same time Helen and Tesla are important to each other, in love or not, and they have a long history and friendship. That is exactly the recipe to absolute hearth break - something that Helen doesn't need at the moment.

An observant person like Will likely sees this and it is what fuels his dislike towards Nikola.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                  Encouraged by
                  I'll join the discussion Even though I don't ship Tesla/Helen that much... I think there is something in the air, maybe even love, but that kind of love that can never be lived true. If Tesla and Helen ever had a chance, the time window was closed a long time ago. Still, the feelings never completely die.
                  It's funny, I think exactly the opposite about the bolded part
                  To me, Helen and Nikola never had a bigger chance to have something more than they do now. The past has been coloured by her relationship with John and him disappearing and being completely absorbed by his plans to revive the vampire race. Now that he's back (in more than one way ) and having experienced what he has and with Helen showing more of her flirty/jealous/protective side towards Nikola... I can see it happen.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I also come with a gift I wrote this a little while ago and edited it whilst I was on holiday. It's a bit epic (4,000 ish words)... and I'm spoiler warning for S3 cliffhanger.

Spoiler:
                    That Helen has gone back in time

Reads and reviews always appreciated

The Stolen Dress
                    Just read and reviewed. I love the way you wrote it and made it work so well! Sooo good.

Which reminds me - I said this before too but I'll say it again: does anyone else get the sense that Niko was being so calm about

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:
                    dying in "Awakening" partly because he was trying to keep Helen from freaking out more than she already was? I've watched it so many times and I sort of found it odd that he was taking his imminent death so lightly (since I get his vibe that he's kind of afraid of dying - hence the obsession with immortality). Maybe it's just me, but I thought he MIGHT have been continuing to be his snarky self while he was basically bleeding to death so that it would ease Helen's anxiety a bit. Because notice how she manages to NOT go berserk until he falls unconscious. Actually, she almost goes berserk before then, when he starts drifting off and talking about her crimson dress at Oxford. Then she stabs him with the needle and he wakes up and proceeds to be snarky again...maybe as a way of distracting her/trying to get her to face the reality more calmly?IDK I'm probably reading too much into it.

Also, I noticed that maybe his "I'm gonna die; there's no point in trying to save me" attitude in that ep was an indication of how inside he's doubtful about the extent to which Helen cares about him. I think part of him expected her to just let him go and not go crazy over trying to save him because he's sort of convinced himself that she thinks he's not that important. Which, thankfully, Helen proved wrong
                    I agree with you. Nikola is way too obsessed with immortality to take that so lightly. I think he's very insecure about what Helen feels for him, despite his overt flirtations. He still has his doubts. I mean after over a century of flirting with her and nothing coming of it, who wouldn't? That also shows how much he must care for her though...
                    But, yep I love the notion of Helen proving him wrong. Especially because of his reaction afterwards as well - that little awkward moment between them when he asks how she managed to crack the crystal is adorable.

Especially Will...that guy needs a brick to the head. I cannot believe he's a psychologist and hasn't noticed the *oddities* in Niko's and Helen's behavior regarding each other.
                    Mimzy: hehe, your comment about Will made me laugh...perhaps because I'm so frequently abusive to Will in my fics.

Lillypilly: hey!
                    Welcome. Do you by any chance use the same name on fanfic?

Comment

Hi Zarashade! Yep, that's me - I just got your review on my latest story like two minutes ago lol. Thank you for that!

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post

As mentioned, Nikolas comes with his own agenda that often doesn't fit well with Helen's, and he may be willing to sacrifice things and people Helen dearly loves.

An observant person like Will likely sees this and it is what fuels his dislike towards Nikola.
                        I disagree, I think in the past it wasn´t possible for them to get together. She still had her problems with John, then she was with James, then he went into hiding and I think in his younger years he was too obsessed with his work and maybe didn´t want a relationship.

With the second point I disagree too, I believe he would never sacrifice people she loves, she is way to important to him. He may have always his own agenda, but at the end of the day his priority lies with Helen, he would even sacrifice himself for her, like in Trail of blood.

I noticed too that Will seems to not liking Nikola very much, but I guess that´s because he doesn´t really understand the kind of relationship Helen and Nikola have.
                        I´m sure Helen loves Nikola, that alone explains almost everything, why she lets him go his merry way all the time but I´m sure Will has no clue of her true feelings.
                        Last edited by Altariel; 21 September 2011, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                          With the second point I disagree too, I believe he would never sacrifice people she loves, she is way to important to him. He may have always his own agenda, but at the end of the day his priority lies with Helen, he would even sacrifice himself for her, like in Trail of blood.
                          I agree, and that's why John is still around. He's probably wanted to kill John several times over for what he's done to Helen, but Nikola knows she won't see it like that. He won't hurt her, not even to defend her from John, and that's the huge difference between the two men.

I noticed too that Will seems to not liking Nikola very much, but I guess that´s because he doesn´t really understand the kind of relationship Helen and Nikola have.
                          I think he does know that Helen cares for Nikola - and that's the problem. Let's face it; Helen's taste in men is hardly stellar and Will is very protective of her. The last thing he wants to see is her in another relationship where she's physically and emotionally hurt. That Nikola tends to come with a hidden agenda doesn't help this view of him, but I think Will will eventually see the good in Nikola and it would be great if we had some Will+Nikola centric scenes this season that dealt with that.

My two cents

Comment

^exactly my point - that's why we need to see Niko freaking out over Helen so Will can see in him some of what Helen does
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by misaditas View Post

I think he does know that Helen cares for Nikola - and that's the problem. Let's face it; Helen's taste in men is hardly stellar and Will is very protective of her. The last thing he wants to see is her in another relationship where she's physically and emotionally hurt. That Nikola tends to come with a hidden agenda doesn't help this view of him, but I think Will will eventually see the good in Nikola and it would be great if we had some Will+Nikola centric scenes this season that dealt with that.My two cents
                              I've always thought it strange that the psychiatrist Will seems so blinded by his personal dislike of Nikola that he can't see what's really going on with him. So I agree it would be great to see them move beyond that.

FromOutside: I'll join the discussion Even though I don't ship Tesla/Helen that much... I think there is something in the air, maybe even love, but that kind of love that can never be lived true. If Tesla and Helen ever had a chance, the time window was closed a long time ago. Still, the feelings never completely die.
                              I disagree. I don't think the window was closed at all, and I think what we've seen in S3 shows that. In fact they may now have a better opportunity than ever before to see if there could be more than friendship between them. Yes they both have issues to overcome but I definitely think it's possible for them if they (and TPTB) truly want that.

lastrequest:
                              Spoiler:
                              I think rather than anger it's maybe just the urgency of their situation - whatever that situation may be... mixed in with the fact he obviously wasn't expecting her to plant one on him I don't think it's an apology kiss... I think more of a goodbye / good luck sort of kiss?
                              That's what I think, too.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                                I've always thought it strange that the psychiatrist Will seems so blinded by his personal dislike of Nikola that he can't see what's really going on with him. So I agree it would be great to see them move beyond that.
                                I know, it's annoying :-/ I mean, even in the deleted scene at the end of "Awakening" in when Helen
                                Spoiler:
                                tells Will and Kate about what happened, he can't believe Nikola's been re-vamped. He's all like OH NO SRSLY and Helen was very subtle about it but I thought she implied enough in her face that the reason it happened was to save his life. If ANYONE SHOULD have picked up on that, it should've been Will. I really feel like this Will vs. Tesla thing needs to be openly addressed. He doesn't seem to think Niko is worth the time and apparently doesn't seem to notice that there's more to Niko and Helen than just this weird snarky friendship. And I know Helen doesn't want to explain it to him b/c that would mean having to come face-to-face with what she really does feel about her vampy.

Either he needs to have a revelation, or Niko has to freak out over Helen, or Kate or somebody (b/c I feel like Kate would pick up on it b/c she's a girl lol) has to point it out to him. Because it seriously makes no sense.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X