X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
    That part is kinda depressing
    Spoiler:
    DK: I think Tesla has always had a deep, deep place in his heart for Magnus, but knows that he is never going to be the love of her life. That tall bald and homicidal Jack the Ripper is gonna be the one that’s got her heartstrings. Poor Nikola if he always has to think that he is just second choice. You can´t have everything. It´s really sad, Druitt could be jealous cause Tesla is actually with her and Tesla could be jealous because he knows that she always will love Druitt more

Oh and thank you for the transcript :-)
    Ah, but remember...

S4-ish
    Spoiler:
    This feature was shot during season 3, so it's before all the S4 ad-libbing, kiss and interesting relationship developments.

So who knows what will happen?
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
      OH NO! don't go amy! *cry*
      Spoiler:
      big news! http://www.londonexpo.com/guests/mediaguests/ i just found out! ^^ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
      I know I'm posting that everywhere but I'm seriously freaking out!!!!!!!!!! *SQUEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*
      I'm back! And I seriously want to go see JY... is anyone on here going?

"Both have been in relationships / trysts with other people - Helen's comment about lovers she's lost over the years, and Nikola's comment about being in love countless times but recognising it for what it is (although I do think Helen has always been his first true love in so many ways)."

Somehow I don´t buy his comment of beeing countless times in love, I think he just said that to not feeling unpleasant in front of Will. I guess in his younger years he only had is work in head and later in his eyes he saw only kids in the women he could be with.... <snip>
      ... what about the aging thing and even worse the vampire thing. I mean how to explain that after 10 years he has gotten not one year older? And which normal women wouldn´t freak out if she figures out the truth?
      I agree - I don't believe he's been in love countless times either. I think perhaps he has tried countless times, but at the end of the day his heart was never in it the way it is with Helen. I think at the age he is now, very few younger women (wouldn't have so much history with) maybe would bore him very quickly. I think he isn't easily impressed (because of his genius / arrogance), and that whilst he might have had needs he occasionally wants to be met, he probably focused a lot more on his work / inventions / occasional pining for Helen.
      As for the vampire thing / not looking older - I honestly don't think any relationship he may have had would have lasted long enough to provoke questions (be noticeable). The part that rings most true in what he says it about it being self-destructive impulse disguised as joy - I think this is more personal, perhaps thinking of his feelings for Helen (as yet not reciprocated in that episode) or perhaps about what her love with John did to her when she found out he was JtR?

Originally posted by misaditas View Post
      (I refuse to smush names - they are not one entity! (though that might make an interesting fanfic))
      lol! Yes, it would make for an interesting fic... perhaps you could write it?

Originally posted by Dark_Angel_Tiriel View Post
      Thanks!!

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
      The following is spoilered in case anyone doesn't want it ruined:
      Spoiler:
      AAAAAAAAAAAAH! THEY KISSED!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *attempts to calm down a little* Helen kissed him!!!! Aaaaaaaah!!!
      Re: S4 spoiler...
      Spoiler:
      I love the fact that HELEN initiates it, and it seems so passionate and OMG like, he doesn't want to leave her but he has to (maybe she asks him to do something to help but she's in danger and he's really torn) and she's telling him he needs to go but when she sees his hesitation (because seriously his first instinct is to save her / protect her when anything's going wrong) she decides to plant one on him so he knows exactly how she really feels just in case they don't both survive whatever's going on
      I'm so intrigued as to what's happening! But I'm such a happy Teslen-shipper right now, it's like, FINALLY someone I ship gets some sort of happiness together - I mean, this makes them canon now for sure?
      (because I've considered them canon since S1 in a lot of ways, I think there was always the intention there to develop a romantic relationship no matter what was or wasn't said at the time - based on my theories of how important UST is in a successful show... but that really is partly to do with parallels I draw to Sam/Jack so I shalln't go off topic lol).

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
      OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
      <snip>

Yeah, that basically sums up my state of mind right now.
      Nice summary

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
      For those of you who want a repeat of that excellent scene:

*iz still excited*
      That's everyone who has seen the spoiler then =)

Here it is, a banner from that excellent pic:

How about some more:

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
      OMGGGGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs around flailng in circles* TOO AWESOME TO HANDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by monalisacode View Post
      I was drinking coffee one morning and then I saw that and...

*coffee explosion* cough, cough, cough, sputter, sputter, sputter...*blink*

super-sonic AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!...(dribbles to infinity) followed by jumping around the room, bouncing off the walls, dancing on the ceiling, doing a wild jubilant mindless jig with flailing arms and exhilarating, heart-racing, mind-boggling madness.
      I must have watched said spoiler a dozen times!!
      *excited*
      *flailing*
      *squeeing*

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
      New banner! Spoilered for season 4 content.

LOVE all the new spoilery arts!

Um, I think it's safe to say I'm well and truly aboard this ship
      Welcome on board =)

Oh, I totally agree. I meant if John tried hurting Helen with violence Niko would destroy him.

I have a theory that John is going to snap (again), though. After what Helen said to him in "Into the Black," I'm getting the feeling that he's going to go into "if I can't have her, NOBODY can" mode
      I'd love to see this! Not that I want Helen to get hurt (anymore than she can handle, she's a tough cookie ) but I find crazy-John way more interesting to watch then *whining* John

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
      Waaahh.. ok, yeaterday I saw that breakfast interview, and that was definitely worth delurking
      And I have Photoshop back so I'll be off right again PSing
      and just because i wanted to say that, too:
      *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

(btw.. where's the spoiler tag? woah.. i should come here more frequently..)
      yep worth delurking!! looking forwards to seeing all the arts that appear (albeit it in spoiler tags lol!)
      re: the spoiler tag it disappeared a while back, you just have to enter it manually [ Spoiler] then [ / spoiler] (without the gaps).

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
      Wow it's been a while since I've been around.

Hi! I've only gone through one post and I can already see so much awesome art. I've missed so much!!
      Good to have you back =)*hugs*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      I would love to see super evil John and Nikola reacting to that. I think fighting is more a Druitt than a Tesla thing, so I'm not sure I'd like to see it.
      For me personally, a mixture of John's evil hands on approach and Nikola using his wits would be more appealing.
      Plus, it would make Helen see which the relatively sane one is.
      Too true!

I just want to see evil John again. I mean, he wasn't even evil for that long - only a bit of season 1. I prefer him as a crazy, unstable evil maniac as opposed to the annoying emo whiner we've had for over 2 seasons now. Emo John is annoying. Evil John is compelling to watch. It'd do wonders for his character to see him go berserk again.
      Agreed.
      Spoiler:
      I think evil John must be making a comeback because I think AT said something about her and CH having some sort of fight scene?!

I mean, he's freaking Jack the Ripper. If you're gonna have that guy on the show, make him do something unspeakably horrible. Like abduct Helen, hold her hostage, and concoct a bloody trail of clues to make Nikola and the children run around frantically trying to find her while he (John) plays puppeteer and enjoys the hell out of himself. After all he did the same thing to Scotland Yard back in the day. I want to see him do it again a la (every single episode of!!) Criminal Minds. Because that would be INTERESTING.

And then we could also see Niko being overprotective.
      That would make an awesome fic too =) *hints not so subtly*

To be honest, Biggie annoys me - though he's better in season 3 - and John... yeah, he needs to either do something about this "love" he has for Helen or move on. I'm bored to death of that storyline and I've only seen about half the aired episodes!
      I too, am bored of the Helen/John angst / mess. Interesting history for sure and I didn't mind it at all in S1 and even some of S2, it was grating on me in S3... but then I imagine PTB have picked up on it hence the developments for Teslen??

I loved that Nikola would have sacrificed himself for Helen, though. And I caught the relief on her face when they found him alive.
      Which he does frequently =)

And on the topic of him not acting like he cared that Helen was dying in FKaC, maybe he thought he could find a way to save her or knew Adam could, and so wasn't worried?
      It's easier to live under the illusion that a problem is perfectly fixable and can be fixed quickly rather than to admit that the problem is too big to handle.
      I got the impression we didn't see him overly concerned / worried about Helen's possible death because he just never believed (or never allowed himself to believe) he was actually going to lose her...

Thankfully AT's and J-Yo's performances have really seemed to contribute to how their relationship has been progressing, because even from the DVD feature on Niko it seemed that they might just keep dancing around each other with endless UST but obviously now that's changed because AT and J-Yo decided to improvise in s4
      *AT & JY - love* =)

Plus, Amanda's comment on the DVD about how
      Spoiler:
      they love each other deeply but are too stubborn to admit it

was just EPIC. <3
      *flail*

I love to hear Amanda or Jonathon talk about how they see the relationship between Helen and Nikola. And especially AT has been explaining quite a lot at cons and interviews.
      I'm looking forwards to seeing how S4 turns out when it comes to their (friend)ship
      Me too!
      sigpic
      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Ah, but remember...

S4-ish
        Spoiler:
        This feature was shot during season 3, so it's before all the S4 ad-libbing, kiss and interesting relationship developments.

So who knows what will happen?
        Sorry for double post apparently I wrote over the post limit

I'm holding onto the fact things are a little diff. since S4, but then even without that I don't believe this at all...
        Spoiler:
        DK: I think Tesla has always had a deep, deep place in his heart for Magnus, but knows that he is never going to be the love of her life.

If anything, I think he could very much be...
        Spoiler:
        the love of her life

I mean, how often in reality do you come across people that are still with their first love? Seriously, I know ONE person who is still with her childhood sweetheart. It's VERY rare IMO. So I thoroughly believe...
        Spoiler:
        John may have been the love of her life for a long time, but Tesla is actually going to end up being the love of her life now that she's finally giving into her developing feelings for him.
        sigpic

Comment

AMY!!! *tackle hugs* you're back!!! And yes, I AM going to MCM to see him!! *megasquee* and it turns out Agam Darshi is going now too! Bonus!

And to all the spoilered parts of the S3 feature, I was like, should i open them or save it as a surprise for when I get the DVD's?? Then my willpower gave in and I read them all!

MW: I think that Tesla and Magnus probably at some point had some kind of thing that went on. Because she admires the giant brain, he has a giant brain, but he’s just too much of an ...oaf and Magnus has way better taste than that. So I think it’s one of those... over the 160 year period, you get to have those little thrists, and not worry about them, although you still have to work with that person.
          Spoiler:
          An oaf?!?!?! How dare you!!

JY: Well, first and foremost, they’re old friends and I think it’s based on competition. It’s based on rivalry. And respect. And of course a love of ideas. And love of adventure. I’m always bringing up memories of adventures.
          I mean, I think that Helen Magnus has Tesla under a kind of spell. Whether or not there was romance, I think should remain a secret untill it’s revealed. But there’s clearly always the potential for that. But if anything, that makes the friendship that much more interesting and magnetic.
          Spoiler:
          awww, Magnus deffo has Niko under a spell... a loooove spell *snorts* lol
          Heehee, even he thinks that there could be romance, and the use of the word magnetic! HAHA! Great word choice
          sigpic
          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
            http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1743/sigbacknikola.jpg
            OMG, that is gorgeous! Is it snurchable?

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
            lol! Yes, it would make for an interesting fic... perhaps you could write it?
            I plan to, eventually. I just need to get a better handle on Helen (Tesla seems to have settled happily in my head, where I'm keeping him far, far away from Baal) because I don't want to write either of them OOC.

But something along the lines of Stargate Atlantis' Duet would be huge fun to tackle

Comment

Hm, I thought "the love of her life" thing was a general statement by Damien, but who knows, when he said that maybe at this point he didn´t know how season 4 would play out, yes so it could really be that he changed his mind by now.

It really wouldn´t be nice at Helens part if she would be with him some day, but actually she would like to be with John much more and Damiens statement suggests that.

Spoiler:
              I hope they don´t decide on the show that they both already had a thing in the past. I wouldn´t like that

Comment

I agree with Amy.
                I think it's just one of those things that is deermined by the way you look at ... romance? Love, maybe? But no, I don't believe in ''The One'' or in ''The Love of Your Life''. I believe that someone can be special and that you can love that person more than you should. But to hold on to that for over a century, unable to love someone else just as much or more or in another way? NuhUh. To me, that's something that happens in teen movies.

And to all the spoilered parts of the S3 feature, I was like, should i open them or save it as a surprise for when I get the DVD's?? Then my willpower gave in and I read them all!
                *shakes head*

Spoiler:
                An oaf?!?!?! How dare you!!
                That's what I thought as well
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

OMG, that is gorgeous! Is it snurchable?

I plan to, eventually. I just need to get a better handle on Helen (Tesla seems to have settled happily in my head, where I'm keeping him far, far away from Baal) because I don't want to write either of them OOC.

But something along the lines of Stargate Atlantis' Duet would be huge fun to tackle
                  That would be an awesome fic!

Hm, I thought "the love of her life" thing was a general statement by Damien, but who knows, when he said that maybe at this point he didn´t know how season 4 would play out, yes so it could really be that he changed his mind by now.

It really wouldn´t be nice at Helens part if she would be with him some day, but actually she would like to be with John much more and Damiens statement suggests that.

Spoiler:
                  I hope they don´t decide on the show that they both already had a thing in the past. I wouldn´t like that
                  Spoiler:
                  Although, if they did do a thing where they said they'd been together previously-which would be unlikely IMHO - then at least we'd see a shippy scene and there would still be potential for furure relationships since they've already been together
                  sigpic
                  I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                  Indeed

Comment

Spoiler:
                    But then the question is why didn´t it work out and what is the difference now? Of course there could be sweet scenes, but hm, I can´t decide if I would like it. But it would be interesting to see which time they choose for it

Comment

Spoiler:
                      But then the question is why didn´t it work out and what is the difference now? Of course there could be sweet scenes, but hm, I can´t decide if I would like it.
                      Maybe
                      Spoiler:
                      it wasn't a 'relationship' kind of relationship?

...I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe
                        Spoiler:
                        it wasn't a 'relationship' kind of relationship?

...I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either.
                        ahh, I know what your getting at *gutter alert*

I'm not sure either lol, I suppose it would depend on how they played it out and how it was writen They obviously would have ended it well if it happened because their friends and syuff *shrugs*
                        sigpic
                        Indeed

Comment

AMY!!! *tackle hugs* you're back!!! And yes, I AM going to MCM to see him!! *megasquee* and it turns out Agam Darshi is going now too! Bonus!

That's awesome that you're going! You'll have to fill us all in on what it's like and is there a photo-op with him? That'd be cool!
                          I'm trying to be reasonably restrained with spoilers from the S3 dvd - mainly because when I got my S2 dvd I had nothing new to watch (bloopers etc.) because they were all on the net I'm not sure how long my restraint will last... anything even remotely teslen related and I tend to pounce on it

Spoiler:
                          awww, Magnus deffo has Niko under a spell... a loooove spell *snorts* lol
                          Heehee, even he thinks that there could be romance, and the use of the word magnetic! HAHA! Great word choice
                          Re: Helen/Niko...
                          Spoiler:
                          I tend to give more weight to AT and JY's comments... I probably shouldn't but they do have a lot of influence how their characters get played, and I really get the impression they are both more than open to the possibility of romance between their characters.

Yay for more fics I get what you mean about Helen. I like that it's quite difficult to get into her head though. That said I like her unpredictability (on some levels), and I like that I can't figure her out. I do think at her core though is the most wonderful desire and drive to help people/abnormals/everyone/everything - putting others before herself. I don't always understand her but then when she's supposed to be 160 odd years old I don't think we're supposed to understand her

Spoiler:
                          As I said a little further up, I tend to pay more attention to AT and JY's take on their friendship/relationship then I do to DK/MW... which may or may not be the right thing to do

As for any past possible relationship... Sometimes I think there was something and other times I think there was just a LOT of sexual tension, and in some ways I prefer that it maybe wasn't acted on because it makes that friendship and that tension even more delicious

I agree with Amy.
                          I think it's just one of those things that is determined by the way you look at ... romance? Love, maybe? But no, I don't believe in ''The One'' or in ''The Love of Your Life''. I believe that someone can be special and that you can love that person more than you should. But to hold on to that for over a century, unable to love someone else just as much or more or in another way? NuhUh. To me, that's something that happens in teen movies.
                          Yep, well said
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                            That's awesome that you're going! You'll have to fill us all in on what it's like and is there a photo-op with him? That'd be cool!
                            I'm trying to be reasonably restrained with spoilers from the S3 dvd - mainly because when I got my S2 dvd I had nothing new to watch (bloopers etc.) because they were all on the net I'm not sure how long my restraint will last... anything even remotely teslen related and I tend to pounce on it

Re: Helen/Niko...
                            Spoiler:
                            I tend to give more weight to AT and JY's comments... I probably shouldn't but they do have a lot of influence how their characters get played, and I really get the impression they are both more than open to the possibility of romance between their characters.
                            I think there is a photo op!!!!! *swoons and falls over* Too bad you're not going!
                            I know what you mean, I watched the season 3 sneakpeaks that sam1helen uploaded on YT, but thats about all I'll watch, i wanna be axcited when I watch them!
                            I agree with the spoilered!

Yay for more fics I get what you mean about Helen. I like that it's quite difficult to get into her head though. That said I like her unpredictability (on some levels), and I like that I can't figure her out. I do think at her core though is the most wonderful desire and drive to help people/abnormals/everyone/everything - putting others before herself. I don't always understand her but then when she's supposed to be 160 odd years old I don't think we're supposed to understand her
                            Even AT siad she doesn't understand her, and she PLAYS her! She is an 'enigma' to quote the lady herself. I think writing her in FF is not too bad, just so long as you keep to her tone of voice and the vocab she would use. Plus, use her 'isms' like the rolling of the eyes and things, but I do agree that the rest of them are easier to write for, especially Niko

As I said a little further up, I tend to pay more attention to AT and JY's take on their friendship/relationship then I do to DK/MW... which may or may not be the right thing to do

As for any past possible relationship... Sometimes I think there was something and other times I think there was just a LOT of sexual tension, and in some ways I prefer that it maybe wasn't acted on because it makes that friendship and that tension even more delicious
                            I agree with the bottom bit, but there's deffo a lot of sexual tension!
                            sigpic
                            Indeed

Comment

Even AT siad she doesn't understand her, and she PLAYS her! She is an 'enigma' to quote the lady herself. I think writing her in FF is not too bad, just so long as you keep to her tone of voice and the vocab she would use. Plus, use her 'isms' like the rolling of the eyes and things, but I do agree that the rest of them are easier to write for, especially Niko
                              Well, I do have the bonus of being British (Oldham? Really? Oh, I don't think so!) so her language is not a problem, but it is her motivation that I don't quite get. What I'm thinking is something disconnected from the story arc somewhat, a little like Awakening was. Whether they'll be on their own or at the Sanctuary has yet to be decided (right now I'm trying to shut Tesla and Baal up over a werewolf fic)

Comment

I agree with <strong>Amy</strong>.<br>
                                I think it's just one of those things that is deermined by the way you look at ... romance? Love, maybe? But no, I don't believe in ''The One'' or in ''The Love of Your Life''. I believe that someone can be special and that you can love that person more than you should. But to hold on to that for over a century, unable to love someone else just as much or more or in another way? NuhUh. To me, that's something that happens in teen movies.*
                                This is OT but I have to say something because this is rather depressing, and I know for a fact that it is NOT something that only happens in teen movies.

Modern society doesn't want us to believe in forever for whatever reason and I think it's a sick and disgusting game that it's playing, turning people into quitters the minute we pop out of our mothers' wombs. (I have plenty of personal experience to back up the "turning us into quitters" statement. And not just about love/romance. About every single damn little thing possible. I've seen kids as young as 7 or 8 just plain ready to give up on things because they don't believe there is any point to persevering because things will never get better and they think they're failures. I mean, good God, they're CHILDREN and they're already that fatalistic. What the hell are we teaching them??)

Anyway, on the subject of love, I know for a fact that the whole idea of the "one" exists in reality because I've bloody well SEEN it in my own family.

Spoiler:
                                My grandfather, after my grandmother died, would ALWAYS mention her at the end of every dinnertime prayer, asking her to save him a seat next to her in heaven. For as long as was able to talk, before he got too sick, he would say that EVERY time I remember going to his place for whatever holiday it was. And trust me, they didn't always have it easy in their marriage, as I learned later (I was only a kid then). But he loved her to death, literally. For over 50 years. He lasted only 4 years after her death, and I think part of that was because he didn't have her around anymore.

My grand-aunt Mary was married for about the same time and she lost her husband a few years ago. She's doing well, especially for a 96? year old, but I remember talking to her on the phone one Christmas and she mentioned about how lonely she sometimes gets without him and that sometimes she cries about it too. When I visited them before he died, the two of them would even still hold hands like they were still 20-somethings who just fell in love.*

My grand-uncle Carl lost his wife about a year ago and for a long while he was pretty depressed (they were together 55 years, had 10 kids). The two of them were pretty much inseparable and when she was in the hospital I could tell it was tearing him apart to see her the way she was before she died. He would stay by her and hold her hand the whole time, try to lift up her arms and legs so they wouldn't just be sitting there motionless, kiss her forehead, everything. After she died it took him a long time to finally move out of their old house because he felt like she was there with him.

My grand-aunt Betty lost her husband this past spring. Out of all of the relatives I've seen, she's had the hardest time dealing with it. The two of them didn't have the easiest relationship either and in fact they were separated for a time before getting back together. But my uncle really took care of her and I swear if he didn't love her as much as he did he would not have stayed because while I love my aunt dearly, she is the biggest worrywart on this earth and putting up with her craziness can be VERY taxing. Yet he did it for 47 years (and trust me, she can get pretty insane sometimes. Idk how he did it). And she was SO attached to him that when he died she even said herself she wanted to go with him too. She has days where she just lies down and cries because she's so lonely without him. She pulls through it, but it's been so difficult for her because he was her whole world after her first marriage to an abusive jerk.

So, anyway, that was a complete detour, and I apologize, but it's a touchy subject for me. I feel like I'm constantly surrounded by people who think the whole soulmate thing is nothing but bull$h!t and I can't stand it because I know it's not true. Otherwise my aunts and uncles and my grandparents wasted more than half their lives for nothing. If younger people spent more time around the elderly, I think they'd find that many of those people have a kind of resilience in love that unfortunately is almost extinct these days. To them, it meant forever and it most definitely shows, even after one partner is long gone from this world. It's heartrending at times but it's something incredibly beautiful that people today have forgotten to appreciate.

And honestly, it's the kind of love Niko HAS to have for Helen, otherwise he would not have spent over a century of his life waiting for her.
                                Last edited by Mimzy; 19 September 2011, 03:36 PM.
                                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X