Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Well, one tip is to only use single quotes, instead of using the MQ function.
    The first 2000 are the hardest, really. Especially if you're waiting for that avi And if you're really desperate, you could always drop by on the Stargate/Sanctuary PTB thread to ...discuss. We talk a lot. Reply. To everything.
    I MQ a lot because I'm not always around and it just seems more sensible then posting lots of separate replies in a row

But yes, up until now I've managed to be patient but I would really rather like an avvy I thought I might only need 1000 posts - that seems like a sensible enough number to me *mutters to self*

OOoo where's this PTB thread then?
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
      I MQ a lot because I'm not always around and it just seems more sensible then posting lots of separate replies in a row

But yes, up until now I've managed to be patient but I would really rather like an avvy I thought I might only need 1000 posts - that seems like a sensible enough number to me *mutters to self*

OOoo where's this PTB thread then?
      1000 sounds fair, huh?

And you're right, solo reply does tend to be a little spammy when the thread is silent. I don't like it either.
      ...Not that I need to with over 13,000 posts

The PTB thread is in the Stargate fandom folder (The Martin WooHoodStock Thread), or follow the ''Martin Wood'' link in my sig. It is quite a silly thread, but we do actually discuss series stuff as well. The last days have been all about signature spam. We had a party Feel free to drop by to see if it's your thing.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

1000 sounds fair, huh?

And you're right, solo reply does tend to be a little spammy when the thread is silent. I don't like it either.
        ...Not that I need to with over 13,000 posts

The PTB thread is in the Stargate fandom folder (The Martin WooHoodStock Thread), or follow the ''Martin Wood'' link in my sig. It is quite a silly thread, but we do actually discuss series stuff as well. The last days have been all about signature spam. We had a party Feel free to drop by to see if it's your thing.
        Yeah it's alright for some with their 13,000+ posts

*clicks on link*
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's alright for some with their 13,000+ posts

*clicks on link*
          Being a Sam/Jack Shipper a few years ago helped me.

To tie it in to this thread: Shipping gets you there.
          *waits for picspam frm those who also need their own Teslen avi's*
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Being a Sam/Jack Shipper a few years ago helped me.

To tie it in to this thread: Shipping gets you there.
            *waits for picspam frm those who also need their own Teslen avi's*
            See I never watched Stargate as it was airing - I watched pretty much all of it straight from my sisters DVDs which meant I missed out on a lot of this fandom type stuff (that and I didn't have internet access a few years ago lol). But I can certainly see how shipping helps with the post count I mean, being honest with myself I imagine a good 90% of my posts to date are related to Teslen!

Picspam would be good in here and whilst we're on the subject if anyone feels inclined to make me some Teslen-y avatars so I can look forward to that day far far in the future when I can choose one to display, feel free
            sigpic

Comment

See I never watched Stargate as it was airing - I watched pretty much all of it straight from my sisters DVDs which meant I missed out on a lot of this fandom type stuff (that and I didn't have internet access a few years ago lol). But I can certainly see how shipping helps with the post count I mean, being honest with myself I imagine a good 90% of my posts to date are related to Teslen!
              *nods* Who doesn't love talking ship? It's great to have a group of like minded people to obsess over small things that might not seem as awesome to others. See the almost hand holding from earlier. It makes us happy while most people won't even see it

Picspam would be good in here and whilst we're on the subject if anyone feels inclined to make me some Teslen-y avatars so I can look forward to that day far far in the future when I can choose one to display, feel free
              Well... Can I just Icon Spam first?
              I'd love to make some for you and anyone who wants to snurch later though. It'll be hard to see the pics, but I'll take one for the thread...

sigpic

Comment

*nods* Who doesn't love talking ship? It's great to have a group of like minded people to obsess over small things that might not seem as awesome to others. See the almost hand holding from earlier. It makes us happy while most people won't even see it
                Oh yes, very true. Reminds me of someone's sig - I can't for the life of me remember whose it was but it said "I ship, therefore I am" or something like that
                I'm sure I see something new every time I rewatch an episode with Helen/Nikola in.

Well... Can I just Icon Spam first?
                I'd love to make some for you and anyone who wants to snurch later though. It'll be hard to see the pics, but I'll take one for the thread...
                Oh spam away
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, very true. Reminds me of someone's sig - I can't for the life of me remember whose it was but it said "I ship, therefore I am" or something like that
                  I'm sure I see something new every time I rewatch an episode with Helen/Nikola in.
                  So true!

And um... so true! It's all the subtle little looks and touches and dialogue. And and...
                  *squees like a fangirl*

Oh spam away
                  Oookay... *rummages*

I might be a tad obsessed

That was my first batch, I was very new at icon making

sigpic

Comment

So true!

And um... so true! It's all the subtle little looks and touches and dialogue. And and...
                    *squees like a fangirl*
                    *Agrees* and ofc also the not so subtle little looks / touches / dialogue that tends to come from Nikola

Oookay... *rummages*

I might be a tad obsessed

<snip>

That was my first batch, I was very new at icon making
                    Love them all! Better than any icons I could make
                    And hey - nothing wrong with obsession. If it weren't for obsession the world would be a very dull and boring place to be
                    sigpic

Comment

*Agrees* and ofc also the not so subtle little looks / touches / dialogue that tends to come from Nikola
                      Those are by far the best, of course!

Love them all! Better than any icons I could make
                      And hey - nothing wrong with obsession. If it weren't for obsession the world would be a very dull and boring place to be

And you're so right

More spam, the numbers aren't as high as I thought:

sigpic

Comment

I'm rather partial to these two but they're all fab In fact, I've yet to see an icon with those two in that I didn't like. I'm obviously easy to please when it comes to Teslen-art
                        Last edited by lastrequest; 07 August 2011, 03:16 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm rather partial to these two but they're all fab In fact, I've yet to see an icon with those two in that I didn't like. I'm obviously easy to please when it comes to Teslen-art
                          Thanks

And yeah. You could just stick a picture on a blank canvas and call it art. They have no bad looking moments

More spam!

sigpic

Comment

BTW, I'm not spamming to feed some ego trip. I'm spamming because this is the only way I can actually use them

Last one:

Awakening spoilers:
                            Spoiler:

Done!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

And yeah. You could just stick a picture on a blank canvas and call it art. They have no bad looking moments
                              Maybe I'll try my hand at some art after all

*gets excited about all the lovely icons*

Where, pray tell, is this pic from?
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'll try my hand at some art after all

*gets excited about all the lovely icons*

Where, pray tell, is this pic from?
                                http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...alentin2-1.jpg
                                You should! I'd love to see more arty people

And the pic is actually a manip:

I made it from to seperate scenes in Animus

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X