No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mimzy, as one of the ''pessimistic'' shippers, I have to say that you're right
    This ship is a great thing and we should be enjoying it. And really, after seeing 'Awakening' I do think it's a true on screen possibility.

As for FF... I still have a story hanging and I can't seem to finish it, so none from me, I'm afraid.

LG, Love the banners!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    It seems that I'm dragging fellow Magnittites (what a name?! xD) to this thread. Hmmmm... Where are we going?
    To the light, of course! The beautiful part of fandom. The part with the awesome Hair.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      Well, apparently AT said basically if he got killed, he'd always come back, so they could probably pretend to kill him and then he'd show up again anyway because he's Nikola And IMO I think it could be worse than "Awakening." Because technically he didn't actually die, he almost did. So they could still go farther and make it look like he's actually dead for a span of several episodes, during which Helen really does think he's gone for good. And then randomly have him show up again in one of those WTF moments. Because so far she's only had to deal with him flatlining for a second and then coming back right away. Luckily, I think that shook her up enough to get her thinking more actively about exactly what he is to her, since up until this point I think she's been trying to avoid the issue altogether. But she's not at the point yet where she can actually come out and voice her feelings, so maybe they'll have to prod her even more, despite the fact that yes, it would result in Nikola being resurrected AGAIN (but they already killed Will twice so it's plausible). (Besides, if you think of Niko being like the Doctor, it's like he's regenerating. sort of. lol)

And I hate to say it, but I've correctly predicted way too many things on this show for no reason whatsoever so if something remotely resembling the above happens, I apologize in advance .....................

. Plus, Nikola isn't the easiest puzzle to crack, either. You're never quite sure what's going on in his head or whether he's actually feeling proud of himself or simply flirty as opposed to hopelessly in love, or whether he's just pretending to hide his real emotions. If anybody knows Norse mythology or the Thor comics/movie, he's a bit like Loki in the sense that he's never what he seems and no one can really figure him out.
      I really, REALLY don't want that to happen cuz it would break my heart to see them kill him off, and then I'd go bonkers wondering if he was gone for good. Even if they brought him back I'd be glad/mad -- glad he's back but mad that they put us through it. So I say NNNNOOOOO!!!! Stop thinking that! *shakes head*

But I do agree with what you say about Nikola being hard to figure out. That's part of what makes him such an interesting character.

I don't think anyone's really trying to sound pessimistic about the ship. I just thought we were trying to see all angles and analyze what we're seeing and compare our thoughts with everyone else's. I see that as discussion, which I love. But..... yes overanalyzing can take the fun out of it too. As for comparing it with SG1 ships, well I'd hope that the writers wouldn't just follow the same pattern.

LadyGalaxy -- Yes, Will would definitely have the challenge of his career I think in trying to figure out the complex Helen Magnus.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
        lol *huggles the closet teslenites* If Nikola wasn't so darn adorable I would be the biggest magnett shipper.
        REALLY?! o.o Hmmm... interesting... *plots some tactics to drop H/J hints*
        What? I know y'all love me! *whistles* :rolleyes*

Question though: Magnett? Not Magnitt? I mean it's DruITT not Druett.. that's always bugged me..
        FYI, answer in spoilers just because it's technically OT.
        Spoiler:
        We had thought about MagnUItt at first. It was the best of the choices had. Then again, it doesn't sound that great, but it did look a lot like the word 'magnet'. So we decided "Why not Magnett with two T's? " And it stayed. Cause like two magnets, they can't stay apart from each other. Something always draws them back.
        So we thought it was fitting.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Mimzy, as one of the ''pessimistic'' shippers, I have to say that you're right
        Pshaw! No pessimism in here!

This ship is a great thing and we should be enjoying it. And really, after seeing 'Awakening' I do think it's a true on screen possibility.
        Better. ;D

To the light, of course! The beautiful part of fandom. The part with the awesome Hair.
        Yes. Of course. Why did I even ask the question?
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

A couple of icons. And I'm still in my experimental phase. (Meaning they might look a little weird )
          Some spoilery, some not but all in Awakening spoilers anyway

Spoiler:

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Yes. Of course. Why did I even ask the question?
          I don't know. I mean... surely The Hair thing must have been obvious?
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I am actually working on a fic at the moment and i'm excited first one for Teslen or even Sanctuary
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I love them sorry for double posting
              sigpic

Comment

DutchIndeed: Love them

davala: can't wait to read it!
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Nad,Love the new artwork awesome as always
                  davala,can't wait to read your story might write one too this week
                  sigpic
                  artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                  My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                  When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                  And I held your hand through all of these years
                  But you still have
                  All of me..." Evanes
                  cence
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                    I really, REALLY don't want that to happen cuz it would break my heart to see them kill him off, and then I'd go bonkers wondering if he was gone for good. Even if they brought him back I'd be glad/mad -- glad he's back but mad that they put us through it. So I say NNNNOOOOO!!!! Stop thinking that! *shakes head*
                    Don't worry!!! My friend cracked (lol for the pun if anyone gets it) and just HAD to show me the Dr. Who series 5 finale even though I haven't gotten that far yet, and it gave me the PERFECT idea for how they could "kill" him and then bring him back so freaking epically that everyone would HAVE to love it.

It's really complicated, though and would probably make more sense as an entire fanfic But the gist of it is, some cataclysmic explosion is going to happen (IDK why yet) and for some reason HE has to be in the middle of it to save everybody (I know, I know, complete DW ripoff but seriously everybody does this plot now ). He makes everybody else promise to keep Helen from going back for him, she admits she loves him the second before the explosion and he "hears" her and then KABOOM.

She pretty much shuts down since his "death" is the last straw, but then Henry finds an encoded message on his computer that's supposedly from Nikola, making it sound like he's NOT actually dead. So then they spend the entire next season finding random clues he somehow left for them to find him, and then at the end they do find him trapped in this supernatural limbo b/t life and death and somehow bring him back.

Eh? Eh? Does it work?

Either way, I know I'm crazy so you don't have to tell me

A couple of icons. And I'm still in my experimental phase. (Meaning they might look a little weird )
                    Some spoilery, some not but all in Awakening spoilers anyway

Spoiler:

lovely!
                    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Nice idea Mimzy.. I think instead of killing Nikola they could have him captured, like he offers himself in place of Helen..
                      Then it would have Helen losing him, Nikola sacrificing himself for her for goodness knows what kind of vile experiments. And then you still get the determined Helen hunting for Nikola following clues of where they might have kept him..

Maybe that worked better before he was revamped though =/
                      sigpic

Comment

Dropping in a banner i made, i really enjoyed Awakening
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic
                        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

After that awsome ep this week I'm getting more and more in a Teslen mood again.. so, little question to all.. does somebody have Niko's lines when remembering seeing Helen the first time written down? did I miss any other information about Teslen in London?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
                            Nice idea Mimzy.. I think instead of killing Nikola they could have him captured, like he offers himself in place of Helen..
                            Then it would have Helen losing him, Nikola sacrificing himself for her for goodness knows what kind of vile experiments. And then you still get the determined Helen hunting for Nikola following clues of where they might have kept him..

Maybe that worked better before he was revamped though =/
                            No, it could still work. Actually it'd be worse as a vampire, because he can still feel pain but it's harder for him to die. So they could just keep torturing him over and over O_O D=

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                            Dropping in a banner i made, i really enjoyed Awakening
                            Spoiler:
                            ooh yay!
                            Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                            After that awsome ep this week I'm getting more and more in a Teslen mood again.. so, little question to all.. does somebody have Niko's lines when remembering seeing Helen the first time written down? did I miss any other information about Teslen in London?
                            erm, this is the whole bit:
                            Spoiler:
                            Nikola: Do you remember the leaves of autumn, that time we met at Oxford?
                            Helen: I need you to stay focused. You're body's going into shock.
                            Nikola: That crimson dress you were wearing...
                            Helen: You'll start to feel cold, and then you'll want to sleep.
                            Nikola: Yes.
                            Helen: You can't give in to it. You need to keep that magnetic field going. Any more blood loss--
                            Nikola: Any sensible woman would've worn black. Y'know, to fit in. But not Helen Magnus, oh no.

btw I LOVE the way he was smiling during that scene while he was remembering <3
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

by Mimzy: .........then at the end they do find him trapped in this supernatural limbo b/t life and death and somehow bring him back.
                              "supernatural limbo?" How would an explosion cause that? Elaborate?

*mutters* the thought of Nikola dead.... I still don't like it....

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                              Actually it'd be worse as a vampire, because he can still feel pain but it's harder for him to die. So they could just keep torturing him over and over O_O D=

by Cekay: Nikola sacrificing himself for her for goodness knows what kind of vile experiments

Such sadistic people!!!

by Mimzy: btw I LOVE the way he was smiling during that scene while he was remembering <3
                              Now THAT I can agree with!
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                                "supernatural limbo?" How would an explosion cause that? Elaborate?

*mutters* the thought of Nikola dead.... I still don't like it...
                                Explosion --> death --> being trapped in some weird plane of existence like Will was when he tried to talk to Kali
                                (don't ask how this makes sense b/c the Kali thing made no sense and it still doesn't make any sense)

Anyway, lighten up. I'm not saying he actually has to die, it just has to LOOK like he's gone for good for it to sink in in Helen's mind that she's missed out on a golden opportunity. Then he can escape from wherever he is and come back.

Even if he died they'd find a way to bring him back. I told you I ripped off Doctor Who , and that part where they brought the Doc back after having his entire existence erased from history made even less sense than the Kali thing. But it still worked b/c it's sci fi. They can do practically anything
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X