Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes View Post
    Man didnt JY look hot in those pants?!
    uh ............................................
    On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Lol, I agree Kes.
      Poor Glitch, but hey revamped Tesla, awesome no?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
        Spoiler:
        I think I know where AT Skype interview is, but do you know where the other interview was?

Yea, I am in agreement. Helen definitely needed that!
        Oh man...it's been a while so I don't remember :/ sorry

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
        Spoiler:
        Agreed, that's what I thought to, my personal POV was it was quite shippy (and just watching it again makes me agree - the facial expressions say it all!) but it wasn't so overly shippy that people that aren't into it will be put off. And I LOVE what lots of teslen shippers and ff writers have already thought of, that they were friends at Oxford. I would go as far to say that Nikola was immediatly attracted to Helen, he remembered what she was wearing. Clearly it had an impression! And they spent what was it 5 years together in Eqypt

Spoiler:
        I forgot to pick up on that with the dress thing! Yes, the man does have a photographic memory, but what stuck out about his remembering her dress is that he remembered not only the outfit but exactly what he was thinking when he first saw her. At the very least, he was intrigued by this woman who obviously didn't seem to care about social standards and he was curious to find out who she was.

Agreed here too..
        Spoiler:
        I like that she doesn't really deny it either, she's just like “Ok move on NOW” She basically admits that she tried quite hard to keep him alive. “Don't let it go to your head” That sounds like an admission to me
        Spoiler:
        It's not a FULL admission, but the good thing is, she actually progressed past simply denying it full-out. That's definitely a change

Spoiler:
        I didn't notice the jealousy too much at first. Second time I watched it though there's a part when Afina takes Niko's hand and you watch Helen's eyes stare at the hand then dart inbetween Afina and Niko, that seemed jealous or at least very surprised and not quite sure how to react.
        Spoiler:
        Perhaps she suddenly felt a *teensy* bit of jealousy and she was actually surprised at the mere fact that she was feeling jealous? It's a stretch, but it's possible

Spoiler:
        Even if she isn't jealous of Afina (and I think she is, even just a little bit) YES!! Finally Nikola is really voicing to her something true, not a snarky comment, not an “I love you” but I also want something but him saying “I am interested and it hurts that you aren't”. That was special.

I think Nikola has spent all the time from Oxford in love with her and he has become so jaded by that love that he doesn't consider love something truly joyous any more – just that it's an “irrational self destructive impulse that is described as joy” cause that's all it's been to him for the last what 120 years? And we have never once heard him voice anything like that to Helen. To me Nikola's “I love you” from The Five was true, but marred so MUCH by .. trying to kill her. His “Thank you” from Trail of Blood was also real but again marred by the fact that he went there for the source blood.
        His other comments have been flirtatious but joke-ish enough that if Helen brushes them off he isn't really expecting a response.

This was real and not marred by anything. That was Nikola telling her again that he loves her and that it really HURTS that she doesn't reciprocate.
        YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! You took the words right out of my mouth!
        Spoiler:
        And, unfortunately, we didn't get to see Helen being taken aback by that b/c she was angry, but I bet you she thought about it later.

Spoiler:
        Agreed. That was a true sacrifice, he laughed it off later saying the world according to Afina was not what he wanted. But Helen was right when she called it his glorious legacy. Being a vampire was a huge part of him, he credits much of his gifts to it. It must have been one heck of a let down being considered a mongrel.

This was his true life's work. But in the end he went back for HELEN, he saved her AND let Helen destroy the remainder of the vampire race - his glorius legacy.

His lifelong dream for the woman he loved, without any real prospect of a relationship. He gave up his life's work for essentially a friend.
        I mean – wow.

WHOA OMG I JUST REACHED AN EPIPHANY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Spoiler:
        He realized that his real "family" (because in all honesty, deep down, that's all he really wants - a family. b/c he's lonely) is not necessarily defined by bloodline. He thought he'd have more of a connection with Afina and her court because they were vampires like him, but what happened instead was like when Henry realized in "Wingman" that "there's more to a relationship than being a HAP." There was more to feeling a part of something, a kinship, a feeling of belonging, than just merely sharing the same genes. He realized, I think for the first time, that in some way he doesn't need to go and revive the vampire race just to feel like he belongs and that he has someone he can relate to. HE ALREADY HAS THAT IN HELEN. It's not exactly the way he wants it to be between them, but it's enough. And, honestly, as I look at it now, that is a HUGE development from "Sleepers." He was so incredibly desperate to find a place for himself that he went to the extreme length of trying to turn the "kids" into vampires, and being a vampire was the only real thing that he thought made him special and worth something. He couldn't come to terms with being "normal" because as a regular person he always felt left out and somewhat alone, and he thought that being with other vampires would just automatically solve that problem. But in "Awakening" (note that this title all of a sudden refers to at least 4 different things in the ep, both literally and figuratively ) that changes. He gets a wake-up call from Afina's rising that makes him realize that what he's looking for is not going to be found in trying to fit in with the rest of the vampires. It's like his eyes are opened and for the first time he sees past that one insecurity inside himself and just lets it go, because he already has the connection (that can stave off his loneliness) with Helen. All he needs, at the very least, to feel loved, to feel like he belongs, IS HELEN. That is a really BIG BIG step for him. And yes, it can be seen as totally shippy because, let's face it - that's just absolutely freaking adorable
        Last edited by Mimzy; 17 May 2011, 07:59 PM.
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Hmmm... Someone knows where to get screencaps of the last episode? Sanctuary-caps doesn't even have Metamorphosis or Wingman up. I'm thinking it's going take a while for them to have Awakening. And that's usually where I take them. :/
          I want to make artwork!
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            Hmmm... Someone knows where to get screencaps of the last episode? Sanctuary-caps doesn't even have Metamorphosis or Wingman up. I'm thinking it's going take a while for them to have Awakening. And that's usually where I take them. :/
            I want to make artwork!
            I made some tonight, but I was going to make more in the morning if Sanctuary-caps hasn't updated. What were you looking for precisely? I'll see if I can get it but they're kinda low quality, unlike the website.

EDIT: here are 2 screencaps that I made, if they are good enough, let me know.
            http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4026/niko1.jpg
            http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1393/helen4.jpg
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Shipper Rant! Lot less than my Niko rant because, well--I'm an obsessed J-Yo fangirl more than a shipper. I just like seeing him in romantic situations. Hanyways! Awakening!
              Spoiler:
              1. OMG HELEN WAS JEALOUS! OMG HELEN WAS SOOOOOOO JEALOUS! "Helen, green isn't a good color on you." FRAK YESSSS!
              2. *Ahem* (more calmly, hopefully) Did anyone else REALLY want them to kiss at the end there? Out of sheer relief at being alive if nothing else?

Comment

Don't have a lot to add here because there's already such a wonderful discussion and excellent points made and I don't want to just repeat what everyone else has already said. I like your epiphany, Mimzy. And I LOVED this episode.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
                  Shipper Rant! Lot less than my Niko rant because, well--I'm an obsessed J-Yo fangirl more than a shipper. I just like seeing him in romantic situations. Hanyways! Awakening!
                  Spoiler:
                  1. OMG HELEN WAS JEALOUS! OMG HELEN WAS SOOOOOOO JEALOUS! "Helen, green isn't a good color on you." FRAK YESSSS!
                  2. *Ahem* (more calmly, hopefully) Did anyone else REALLY want them to kiss at the end there? Out of sheer relief at being alive if nothing else?
                  You missed
                  Spoiler:
                  he was going to die and she totally freaked (lasers aren't working! IMMA HIT THIS DAMN THING WITH A ROCK IF IT'S THE LAST THING I--aww SNAP it WORKED!!!!) *10 seconds later is about to cry*

and

his attempt to save Helen xD ( YOU GET OFF MY WOMAN NOW - oh HAI Helen! )

"YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Ahh Mimzy I love your posts

I love your epiphany, if it wasn't 100% clear to him at the time he would have thought of it later!

EDIT:
                    Spoiler:

You missed he was going to die and she totally freaked (lasers aren't working! IMMA HIT THIS DAMN THING WITH A ROCK IF IT'S THE LAST THING I--aww SNAP it WORKED!!!!) *10 seconds later is about to cry*
                    and
                    his attempt to save Helen xD ( YOU GET OFF MY WOMAN NOW - oh HAI Helen! )
                    ROTFL, perfect phrasing!

LadyGalaxyJ sorry I use the same sites =/ If I had time to make art atm (and I really don't I REALLY should be working on assignments rather than posting) I would probably be bad and d/l the episode and take caps of that...

yamiinsane Good caps! If you make more post them. If you can make some good caps when
                    Spoiler:
                    Niko and Helen are arguing about whether to trust Afina or now? I might avoid sleep to make art

Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight TBH I wanted them so kiss at many times..

Spoiler:
                    When he thought he was going to die, when she brought him back.. at the end.. But wouldn't another teslen kiss be AWESOME
                    sigpic

Comment

Cekay: I made 14 from that scene. I hope they're enough... If you still want them, PM me.

See post below
                      Last edited by yamiinsane; 18 May 2011, 07:11 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Sanctuary Screencaps have awakening caps up but not Metamorphs
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by davala View Post
                          Sanctuary Screencaps have awakening caps up but not Metamorphs
                          Thanks Since that's up ignore my last post. The links will no longer be there. I knew that if I started to make my own, they would do something like this....*heads over to snatch some sweet copies of the pics*
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Thanks for the kind replies on screencaps.

But I saw they had updated their gallery this morning! *dances happily* I already have them all saved on my computer. Sharing the LJ link if someone else want to download them all: http://glossiernerd.livejournal.com/7229.html

And a kiss?
                            Spoiler:
                            For me, it would have been when she was telling him to fight. Or as his last request. Those were the most poignant moments where I would have squeeeeeee had they kissed! The end, not so much. But to each his own opinion.
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Aww I'm upset I didn't get to see it on Monday since that night I went with my dad..

I don't even know what went on with Teslen...
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                Thanks for the kind replies on screencaps.

But I saw they had updated their gallery this morning! *dances happily* I already have them all saved on my computer. Sharing the LJ link if someone else want to download them all: http://glossiernerd.livejournal.com/7229.html

And a kiss?
                                Spoiler:
                                For me, it would have been when she was telling him to fight. Or as his last request. Those were the most poignant moments where I would have squeeeeeee had they kissed! The end, not so much. But to each his own opinion.
                                YAY! More screencaps. Thanks for the link.

Spoiler:
                                I agree those are the most likely moments for them to have kissed, but I was pretty certain they wouldn't because AT said something in an interview about her not kissing anyone in S3. Maybe in S4 she will?? I like that moment between them though when he says he has a final request and then looks at her expression and goes "It's not what you think."

DutchIndeed:
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh yeah baby! That's the kind of ep I like!
                                I did see the vibes as 'shippy', mainly because I wanted them to be. I think that's the thing about shipping, right? To me, there's something that might grow into a much bigger thing.
                                I do agree that it also looks very FRIENDshippy, but frankly... I still see that as ship positive. I want my ships to grow and to develop out of just that. Obviously, Helen/Niko isn't *there* (yet ), but it's looking very good to me.

Very. Good.
                                (And I must say that I had lost faith after some of the not-so-friendly scenes in previous eps. It was shippy bitterness here. )

Awakening was just one big happy ship fest and I LOVED it
                                If I'm reading you right, I think we kind of feel the same way about Nikola and Helen. I think they could be wonderful together, and obviously NIkola loves her, and I think Helen loves him BUT (don't get mad at me shippers) I'm not sure if she loves him as an old and dear friend or in a romantic way. Sometimes there are scenes that make me think she sees a potential romantic relationship there, but other times her reactions could be the same for a good friend. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them together, (as long as she treats him right, cuz in some eps, well, I think she's almost mean to him *see below ), I'm just not sure TPTB see it the same way.

Spoiler:
                                *But her saving him by revamping him makes up for it
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X