No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I'm crossing my fingers that this eppy is more about Teslen than it is Helen and that...

*refrains self from saying anything further*
    OT - Oh and I have a question:
    Spoiler:
    How come people say it is Magnett? Shouldn't it be Magnitt??? Cuz there isn't an "e" in either of their last names.
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
      @Mimzy:
      Awww.. PotO is one of my fav plays/movies!! I love the 2004 move to pieces!
      Never really thought of Sanctuary while watching it, even though it has parallels to the Dracula musical..
      the songs:
      Think of Me could be perfect for after she faked his death and later..
      I don't really see an Angel (at least none of Music) in the Sanctuary (besides Helen)..
      but Music of the Night (greatest song in there EVER) could really be used for a songfic <3
      ok, most of you guys will hate me now, but I think Erik (the phantom) has quite some parallels to John.. so while rewatching the movie I think of him in serval songs.. that would make Nikola kinda *mischievous* Raoul - that's not bad, since I'm a Christine/Raoul-Shipper
      All I ask of you could really be a good Teslen song only Helen's usually not that dependant..^^
      Whishing You Were... would make a great song for Helen/Gregory ater he disappeared
      But I REALLY wanna see Point of no Return turned Teslen!! o.O *HOT*

I just heard Twisted Every Way (spilered for Space and little OT)
      Spoiler:
      Twisted every way,
      what answer can I give?
      Am I to risk my life,
      to win the chance to live?
      Can I betray the man
      who once inspired my voice?
      Do I become his prey?
      Do I have any choice?
      He kills without a thought,
      he murders all that's good . . .
      I know I can't refuse
      and yet, I wish I could . .

That sooo sounds like John, doesn't it? ok.. the end may be a bit more John/Helen than we like, but we know anyway how it ends..
      and have you ever listened to Erik's "No one would listen" in the extras? that so fits *most* abnormals/Helen o.o
      I knew someone would appreciate that And yeah, Erik is a bit like John at some parts, but the whole idea of him feeling unloved and rejected is more of Niko's department.

And I'm thinking of making fanvids/writing songfics, so stay tuned
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Noooo they didn't put any good Teslen scenes in the new ep!
        What have they done?!
        sigpic
        My tumblr

Comment

a preemptive reminder....if you post caps or discuss what hapepns in 'for king and country' please tuck it behind spoilers
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea im gonna discuss it in another thread.
            sigpic
            My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
              I knew someone would appreciate that And yeah, Erik is a bit like John at some parts, but the whole idea of him feeling unloved and rejected is more of Niko's department.

ohh, I will XD

so to today's ep:
              Spoiler:
              so, the John-"Bed"-scene wasn't too bad, was it? he wasn't even really concious
              Ok, we know she won't die (permanently), but I hate it, when my fav charas are facing almost certain death -.-
              Nevertheless, a great ep with so many flashbacks *yaaay*
              And Sam1969, I'm quite positive we'll have some more Teslrn scenes this season.. once her condition *really gets serious or when she's out of danger an there's more time to concentrate on happier things^^

soo.. going to bed again *yawn* see you tomorrow
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                Noooo they didn't put any good Teslen scenes in the new ep!
                What have they done?!
                Spoiler:
                And they could have! Right after Helen started to cough, she almost ran into Tesla, he could have followed her. That dude is just too 'sage'.. and I'm not happy with it.

Comment

Okay, today's ep was so confusing, so I'm just going to outline it randomly to make sure I've got everything straight.

Spoiler:
                  Adam wanted to be part of The Five, but although Helen thought he was brilliant, they all thought something was off with him, so they wouldn't let him in the group. That, or she was just wary of letting the secret spread or something.

So, years later, Adam's daughter is dying. Helen & James try to help her, but she dies. Adam, b/c he has a personality disorder, freaks out and blames them, and decides to take his rage out on the entire city of London.

The government learns of this and appeals to the Five to help find and stop Adam. They refuse, but then the PM says he'll give them stuff, so they're like, okay.

So they go and stop the cyanide machine or whatever, and then keep searching for Adam b/c they actually think he might be a threat to society b/c they don't understand his disorder.

When they finally find him, Helen wants to help him, but he doesn't have control of himself and throws himself off a cliff. Helen thinks he dies. John finds him, they make a deal, and then John lets him float off in the river.

He floats off into the city and the avatars or whoever save him and give him that awesome technology. So he speeds up time to go take his revenge on Helen, purposely sends the random white creatures to probe Will's brain as bait, and then baits Helen into following him into the time rift.

So now Helen is dying and so is he, and there's a cure in the city and they have to find it or Helen will die. Will is pissed b/c he thinks Helen let Adam "die" to get her Sanctuary, but he also wants her to live. John is just randomly there, and Niko is like *I has the charter, screw it* and Henry is like *Tesla is so awesome!* and yeah.

Did I get everything right?

Anyway, the Magnitt stuff
                  Spoiler:
                  really wasn't that bad. But I was really upset that Tesla didn't go bonkers over Helen dying and everything... He probably did off-screen, he just didn't want to show how concerned he was because he has issues with showing his real emotions.

I hope they get more fluffy time in the next few eps. It would be nice to show some more vulnerability again b/t the two of them, like they had in this ep with Helen & John (sort of). I want them to have their tender moments, too.

And honestly, I wish she was nicer to him. I seriously want an ep where he finally has a mental breakdown and they learn about his brother and everything and his and Helen's past friendship (b/c they obviously were really close) and Helen has to help him and gets to see him in a different way. I'd really love that.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

btw sorry for the double-post, but I had to write a fic about this week's episode, since it was obviously missing a scene:

The Power to Save

(also at http://www.sanctuaryfiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=724)
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Mimzy, this is super sad, but definitely 'right'. I think, just as you told, we need to see Nikola lose his emotional shield in that story, to see him weak. The episode killed me, and a little light appeared when Nikola came with the Sanctuary charter, I almost screamed 'YOU GENIUS!'. I was beginning to think he totally didn't care about her, it killed me!!
                      But Teslen was still there, hidden in the ep.

Comment

Loved the FF, Mimzy

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                        Mimzy, this is super sad, but definitely 'right'. I think, just as you told, we need to see Nikola lose his emotional shield in that story, to see him weak. The episode killed me, and a little light appeared when Nikola came with the Sanctuary charter, I almost screamed 'YOU GENIUS!'. I was beginning to think he totally didn't care about her, it killed me!!
                        But Teslen was still there, hidden in the ep.
                        I agree with the bolded, but I will admit
                        Spoiler:
                        that I would have loved to see 'more' too and not per se in the shippy way. The ep started out by Nikola totally ignoring Adam on the bed, because Helen was injured, just to show him being almost blase about it later on. I don't believe he actually didn't care about Helen's condition, but I still found it a bit odd. I'm not saying that I wanted full on 'shippy' scenes (because really, this wasn't the ep for those. This was the Helen/John backstory ep when it comes to that ), but you know... At least show that there's that weird, twisted friendship we all love. I mean, the guy is willing to blow himself up to safe Helen (Twice, I might add), but he hardly gets to react to her almost dying on screen? As Mimzy (? ) pointed out before, I also didn't really like the way Helen reacted to Nikola. I wish she'd been a little nicer too. Not troughout the entire ep, because yes, from Helen's PoV he sure does deserve a whipping so every now and then. But he *is* there to help. I got the feeling to say ''Oh, play nice now'' a couple of times.

I did love this ep. And Nikola in it.
                        And I somehow can't help loosing the image of whipping Niko into action now.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Okay, so, since I haven't been on in awhile, this will be a MASSIVE post. XD

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          Here's a link to the pictures for next ep. You'll understand. And just so you start happy, I'm linking it to the Niko pic: http://www.spacecast.com/Sanctuary/Gallery/308.aspx#3

And while we're talking about that... something I REALLY want to tell you 'cause it's weighing on my mind... Spoilered, but half on-topic.
                          Spoiler:
                          Guys, I just want to make sure you don't hold back anything because I'm on this thread. For now, I haven't felt like it's happening, but with FK&C coming, I just want to be clear. I want you to know that you don't have too - refrain from reacting on anything Helen/John related. I knew what I was coming into before I first posted here. (I'm not saying you were going to hold things back. I just want things to be clear, because I've been thinking about it since approaching FK&C's air date.)

I might ship on the dark side, but I don't mind if you say anything degrading or whatever about John - well, don't be too hard on him. I won't be screaming back at you. I'll probably just go along and laugh and take my John love to another thread. ^^

And FCOL it's just a ship - I won't take it personal.

I love you guys! You're my favourite Teslenites and I wouldn't exchange you for the world. <3
                          That is all. Had to get it off my chest.
                          Haha, if you think you can take the Magnett abuse....then you're absolutely welcome! XD But seriously, I respect that you won't debate. Personally, I feel a little sick everytime I go to the Magnett thread for fanfic research, so I think you are the bravest shipper I know. XD

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                          Yea I'm crossing my fingers that this eppy is more about Teslen than it is Helen and that...

*refrains self from saying anything further*
                          OT - Oh and I have a question:
                          Spoiler:
                          How come people say it is Magnett? Shouldn't it be Magnitt??? Cuz there isn't an "e" in either of their last names.
                          Baahahahahah! I never noticed that! Okay, thenceforth it shall be known as Magnitt (at least among us).

Spoiler:
                          And they could have! Right after Helen started to cough, she almost ran into Tesla, he could have followed her. That dude is just too 'sage'.. and I'm not happy with it.
                          Grr, I know! And yet, that's kinda what I love about him. It frustrates the Teslenite in me, but the Trooper part of me just giggles and claps her hands. He's so detached and cold at times and it's part of what I love about his genius. But yes, when that extends to Helen, I get a little pissed. :/

Okay, today's ep was so confusing, so I'm just going to outline it randomly to make sure I've got everything straight.

Spoiler:
                          Adam wanted to be part of The Five, but although Helen thought he was brilliant, they all thought something was off with him, so they wouldn't let him in the group. That, or she was just wary of letting the secret spread or something.

So, years later, Adam's daughter is dying. Helen & James try to help her, but she dies. Adam, b/c he has a personality disorder, freaks out and blames them, and decides to take his rage out on the entire city of London.

The government learns of this and appeals to the Five to help find and stop Adam. They refuse, but then the PM says he'll give them stuff, so they're like, okay.

So they go and stop the cyanide machine or whatever, and then keep searching for Adam b/c they actually think he might be a threat to society b/c they don't understand his disorder.

When they finally find him, Helen wants to help him, but he doesn't have control of himself and throws himself off a cliff. Helen thinks he dies. John finds him, they make a deal, and then John lets him float off in the river.

He floats off into the city and the avatars or whoever save him and give him that awesome technology. So he speeds up time to go take his revenge on Helen, purposely sends the random white creatures to probe Will's brain as bait, and then baits Helen into following him into the time rift.

So now Helen is dying and so is he, and there's a cure in the city and they have to find it or Helen will die. Will is pissed b/c he thinks Helen let Adam "die" to get her Sanctuary, but he also wants her to live. John is just randomly there, and Niko is like *I has the charter, screw it* and Henry is like *Tesla is so awesome!* and yeah.

Did I get everything right?

Spoiler:
                          really wasn't that bad. But I was really upset that Tesla didn't go bonkers over Helen dying and everything... He probably did off-screen, he just didn't want to show how concerned he was because he has issues with showing his real emotions.

I hope they get more fluffy time in the next few eps. It would be nice to show some more vulnerability again b/t the two of them, like they had in this ep with Helen & John (sort of). I want them to have their tender moments, too.

And honestly, I wish she was nicer to him. I seriously want an ep where he finally has a mental breakdown and they learn about his brother and everything and his and Helen's past friendship (b/c they obviously were really close) and Helen has to help him and gets to see him in a different way. I'd really love that.
                          XD I LOVED your summary. Made me laugh. Especially the lolcat-speak. XD

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Loved the FF, Mimzy

I agree with the bolded, but I will admit
                          Spoiler:
                          that I would have loved to see 'more' too and not per se in the shippy way. The ep started out by Nikola totally ignoring Adam on the bed, because Helen was injured, just to show him being almost blase about it later on. I don't believe he actually didn't care about Helen's condition, but I still found it a bit odd. I'm not saying that I wanted full on 'shippy' scenes (because really, this wasn't the ep for those. This was the Helen/John backstory ep when it comes to that ), but you know... At least show that there's that weird, twisted friendship we all love. I mean, the guy is willing to blow himself up to safe Helen (Twice, I might add), but he hardly gets to react to her almost dying on screen? As Mimzy (? ) pointed out before, I also didn't really like the way Helen reacted to Nikola. I wish she'd been a little nicer too. Not troughout the entire ep, because yes, from Helen's PoV he sure does deserve a whipping so every now and then. But he *is* there to help. I got the feeling to say ''Oh, play nice now'' a couple of times.

I did love this ep. And Nikola in it.
                          And I somehow can't help loosing the image of whipping Niko into action now.
                          Mmmmm. And now it's in my head.

Comment

what I wanted to post last night (can you believe I was so tired I apparently forgot to push the reply-button??

ohh, I will XD

so to today's ep:
                            Spoiler:
                            Ok, we know she won't die (permanently), but I hate it, when my fav charas are facing almost certain death -.-
                            And Sam1969, I'm quite positive we'll have some more Teslrn scenes this season.. once her condition *really gets serious or when she's out of danger an there's more time to concentrate on happier things^^

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I totally agree, especially with the bolded part! I want to see therese cenes, too.. I think It would be great for the character.

btw, great FF! Sad, but great.. too bad they didn't film that scene..
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                                so to today's ep:
                                Spoiler:

Yea hopefully. But for now..
                                Spoiler:
                                I hate to say it for the Magnitt shippers but.. I would REALLY LOVE it if Druitt would stay away from Magnus. Sorry I just completely despise that pair like soooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I get upset and angry when I see him around her. I wish she'd come to her senses and realize Tesla is the one for her. <3

Spoiler:
                                Yes exactly!! But noooo they just can't make it easy for us can they?
                                P.S. If I seem in a bad-ish mood it's cuz alot is going on right now and I can't take much more of these shows. I'm starting to break down and be reallyy depressed..

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
                                Baahahahahah! I never noticed that! Okay, thenceforth it shall be known as Magnitt (at least among us).
                                Good. Cuz I think it makes more sense that way.
                                sigpic
                                My tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X